It's hazy

nichie

Ya ya ya...all 'good' sons know is just to eat n fart, making the situation worst...

I guess is the sumatra forest fire again....I was surprise to see such hazy situation when I get of my office...weather is really hot/humid these few days..drink more water n take care.

simpleman

Things are not so simple as to ask other people to try other farming methods..

More help and expertise and a lot more developmental efforts are required..

For us mere mortals, we can only complain and rant and hope that the wind will not blow the haze here.

nichie

Not only it won't dry but it also have an acrid smell on the clothes.

Keke...sm...so what you suggest we do?...call NEA or talk to the indonesian gov or go down to help fight the fire? I think all boils down to the effectiveness and political determination of the indo gov to take those offenders to task as there are already laws and regulations inplace banning such practises. All of us know that sg have been helping them in identifying the hot spot and they know exactly where and whose lands those belong to. However, they are too corrupted and a lot of land owners are either politicians or well connected to get away from punishment year after year....this have already been going for years....and it will not be solved anytime soon because its the cheapest method for them...so we and sg gov can only rant...

simpleman

Yes, nothing much we can do other than indulge in Singapore's favorite past time - complain and rant.

Buy clothes won't dry? At least concern about the environment or air quality or health issues about the haze will be more understandable.

Clothes won't dry? just air it longer.. what is there to complain about? It is not even an issue worth discussing.

miloice

When clothes don't dry, more will use the dryer and utility bill raise from higher consumption which leads to more pollution.

The vicious cycle continues.

sgbabydoll

I've been having a constant headache since a few days ago. Yesterday my headache was really bad that I stayed home to work.

nichie

it has not effected me physically but if it continue, I will have stop my outdoor exercises.

Actually indonesia is quite a nice place to visit especially the rural area..I was there quite a few times...like the kampong and greenery..rural folks are friendly too ...although the city traffic is terrible..

powder

actually that is one of the best functions of a dryer... it gives u an excuse to renew your wardrobe... this one i'm not joking hor, it's true... it limits the lifespan and u'll always be looking for new clothes.

powder

u have no excuse to dump the old... so u'll keep it regardless - "just in case" then wardrobe gets clogged up.

sgbabydoll

I never have a clogged up wardrobe. If I need to give my old clothes away, it is because I don't like them anymore, not because they are not wearable. I take good care of my clothes.

simpleman

1997 was much worse.. it ever hit 200+ in Sep 1997 I think.

Normally below 100 it should be fine but for many people, those who have more sensitive respiratory organs will be more badly hit.

It is best to stay indoors if there is no need to go out.

I am keeping my children indoors as far as possible.. they have sensitive noses and already my eldest daughter's nose was severely affected after she went to school these 2 days.

For me, it does not affect me a single bit. But I have to support them by staying indoor as well

kittenpie

all the wedding photos taken outdoors during these couple of days will turn out to have some sort of sepia tone and blurry edges

for a emo-gothic touch

sgbabydoll

Today is the first day in four days that I did not wake up to a headache
happy.gif

May - I am not a schoolgirl.

sgbabydoll

Thanks, Milo. Feeling fresh today, a great contrast to how I felt the past few days when I couldn't focus in my work because of the throbbing headache.

lovingyou

doll: not for me too... I am always feeling hungry... On a separate note, take care and drink more water, perhaps honey as well.

nichie

Just back from outside, the situation is just as bad as a few days ago..the smell is stronger...from the CBD area...I think the sky is dark not because of the haze but the rainy and cloudy weather today....miss my jog and swimming alr...appetite is ok for me and no health problem so far...but very humid outside...so sticky when back from outside...

The most recent big volcano eruption is mount pinatubo of philippines in 1991. It spew out such a huge mass of ashes that the global temp is lowered by 0.5deg. However, can't blame anyone for volcano disaster, its the deed of mother nature...

yea the haze is damn terrible.can hardly see the ships passing by my base..and the smoky smell!!

doll: honey water cannot use hot water ah..will make ur throat worse.

nichie

Hi, people

The haze is finally over and the wheather is fantastic today...we are free to do outdoor activities at last...I am at east cost just now...where are you people?..enjoy!