Is Friday wedding dinner all right?

felirocious

Good evening everyone

I'm wondering if anyone has done or gonna do a Friday night wedding dinner?

I am not sure if it will be a wise choice to do that. But the dates (calculated) given to me was either a Friday or Sunday. Sunday is not easy to get a venue, I've been to quite a few hotels/restaurants, Lady Luck is not with me.

Thus I would like to see if anyone has share their experiences with me.

Thank you.

pokiepokie

i am having my dinner on a Friday night next year.

We felt like even though the chance of people arriving late was higher, they would be more able to enjoy themselves since they still had the weekend ahead. I was ok with either or even a lunch but my fiance was afraid that they would be in a rush to leave on Sunday night (that might be a bad thing though heehee) because he wants to drink and enjoy himself.

Perhaps if you want a Friday night, you can arrange to start your wedding slightly later and select a more convenient location.

felirocious

i am having my dinner on a Friday night next year.

We felt like even though the chance of people arriving late was higher, they would be more able to enjoy themselves since they still had the weekend ahead. I was ok with either or even a lunch but my fiance was afraid that they would be in a rush to leave on Sunday night (that might be a bad thing though heehee) because he wants to drink and enjoy himself.

Perhaps if you want a Friday night, you can arrange to start your wedding slightly later and select a more convenient location.

Yeah. We have the same thoughts!
Friday is a better option for me as most Sunday venues are mostly taken. I dun mind a Friday as I think everyone will be relaxed.

Can I ask where is your dinner?