Intercontinental Singapore

gs1979

Hi Greenleaf, i've just met up wif my coordinator @ Marriott. Now in a dilema to choose either HI or Marriott.
The cocktail reception @ HI is abit cramp but overall i like the decor and set up. Haiz...my hubby prefer Marriott instead.
sad.gif

The prices for Marriott's package are:-
Weekdays : $768nett (8course) or $808nett(9course)
Friday : $848nett or $878

After comparing, if we decide to hold it on fridays then its cheaper @ Marriott but if on weekdays, the pricing are abt the same for both hotels.

Wonder if u gals can provide me some gd advices as Marriott has tentatively blocked 2/5 & 5/5 for 2weeks. I will need to confirm wif them asap incase another couple is seriously confirm signing up wif them. As for HI, i wil have to check wif Michelle if 2/5 is avail.

greenleaf_1

Hi qini,
Ya lor, even more ex leh....BTW, are you going to do photo montage with hin as well? Not included in the package right?

Hi Gintonic,
I have not been to either Marriot and HI for wedding dinner yet, so dunno how to give you advice. I just dun like Marriot's ballroom lor...cos no chandliers and dun really like the deco as well....have to see what citeria you have lor...

gini09

Hi gintonic,

Maybe you'll like read on the thread HI vs marriot. But personally i also dun really like marriot.

colleen

Hi Gintonic,

Think most importantly now is to confirm with both HI and Marriot that the date u wan is still available lo. Book whichever is available, cos i think the date is most important issue now. Since u say that there are ppl looking at ur date liao.

gs1979

Gals, thanks so much for your info. I called Michelle today and she has tentatively booked for me 020506 but 050506 will have to depend on the couple she is meeting this sat. Guess they will sign up as its their 2nd meeting. Both dates are available @ Marriott too and also blocked d dates liao.

So really v v cham..dunno which to choose. i'm soooo worried dat if book on tues then no one turns up. Do u all think that wil happen??

colleen

Hi Gintonic,

In this case, if budget is not an issue. Then u may wan to chk the perks they offer and flexibility lo.

The turn up rate all depend lo. I feel with a good location, turnup rate for weekday banquet should be no problem, as nowadays ppl prefer weekday, but may leave early due to work, etc. 85-95% turnup rate is consider very good lo.

gini09

Hi Gintonic,

I know that HI is having a bridal show in Oct. U may like to buy the latest bridal magazine to check out as well. Think the next issue shld be out end of this mth or early next mth

gs1979

little_ger, thanks for your comments.

gini, i thought of waiting for their bridal shows but scare by then, the dates i want already taken up by others liao. By the way, do u know if negotiation is easy wif HI for extra perks??

Do u all know usually what perks can be included during bridal shows??

gini09

Hi Gintonic,

For me, we try to bargain as best as we could but the earlier u book the less bargaining power as u want to secure the auspicious date. normally bridal show will have better perks of course.. but by then as u say most of the dates will be taken up. Unless u r not very particular of dates.

The her world bridal show which was held all HI, they're giving either free wine per table cfm or free flow of beer... and also photography for like 2 hrs... of course I didn't get such perks when I book...

gs1979

gini...the perks r v attractive leh. GCW having a promo till 15June and they have corkage waived for wines, complimentary host table...but i find the location v inconvenient.

Do u gals heard anything that Hi gg to have a reno next yr??

colleen

Hi Gintonic,

U heard it from who that the hotel going for reno?? Ya i have seen GCW, perks very attractive and the hotel seem very new too.

Hi Gini09,
What are the perks u bargain for??

gini09

Hi Slimmy,

Hmm yah, actually my Fh and I was deciding between Hi and GCW, but feel GCW is rather inconvenient. But have not heard of any renovation, just met up with Louise yesterday on my ROm on 28th June this year. Never hear him mentioning

Actually never give much perks loh, think I'm not able to reveal as it's case to case basis...

gini09

Hi Slimmy,

Of course the price cannot bargain loh. It's good that the perks that were given was quite good, think my is not bad as well...

gini09

Hi Greenleaf,

Dun think there's any reno coming up. Louis is just a Business Development manager who deals more on corporate event, but just met up with him yesterday to finalise my rom details on 28 June 2005

gs1979

Hi greenleaf, gini and slimmy, i heard abt the reno thing from someone in another thread lor. Wonder how true it is...Michelle b calling me up this weekend to re-finalise my decision whether i b signing up. Then maybe i ask her abt the reno thing. I'm afraid they might not reveal in case no one wanna sign up for banquet.

Gini, your ROM coming leh..excited?? Me just got ROM too!! on 20052005. Now enjoying my new status as "MRS". Abit not used to it..haha!! better dun let my hubby c it. Wow, ur coordinator is Louise then maybe bargaining for perks will b alot easier.

Greenleaf & Slimmy, both of u ROM already??

gini09

hmm huh still ok leh... took leave a week before rom to do things like manicure & pedicure, maybe going for hair treatment etc...but dun think anyone will address me as Mrs ...after my rom.

Hmm yesterday is my first meeting with louis, find him quite friendly.

colleen

Wa Gintonic, are u one of the couple shown on the news....
happy.gif
Got 1 couple planning to have kids on 20062006....

I have ROM last year Sep. Still not use to Mrs too...hahaha!!! The most frustrating part of changing the status is when i go for interview, the interviewer actually ask "U r married, so when r u planning for kids". wa lau, super angry man.......

greenleaf_1

Hi little_ger,
Currently qini, Slimmy and me are all 2006 brides. Gintonic have not sign with Intercon yet. So I suspose you are the next Intercon bride liao?
happy.gif

gini09

Hi Little_ger,

My Rom is coming up, also having it at Intercon but at bugis vault. It's on 28 June 2005

Btw Gintonic,
Did u go for any manicure and pedicure for ur rom? If yes where did u go?

bluegrapes

Yeah, my AD is in two weeks time. Very kan cheong now cos still a lot of outstanding stuff to settle. Plus heavy workload at the moment, stress stress!!

Have met up with the banquet coordinator - Angeline. Very nice and easy going person. Btw, the wedding favours are so limited.
sad.gif
Only doggie (dog looked like bear) soft toy, bearie and key chain. There are two themes to choose from, basically the gold or magenta. Hope it will turn out to be nice.

gs1979

gini, i went for mani and pedi for my ROM @ PINC. They have outlets @ northpt, bugis junc, causeway pt. I signed up package with them. service quite gd...i just got my ROM pics from my photographer.

little_a

bluegrapes,
dun worry about the theme.. i think if u dun like the theme.. u can liaise directly with fleur to come up with a theme of your choice...
happy.gif

dun stress and stay pretty ya..

bluegrapes

Thanks little_ger.
happy.gif

Yeah, so Angeline came up with an alternative but similar colour theme apart from the gold and red. Hope it will be nice.

Still in the means of finalising guest list. Compiling music CD. Planning the sequence of events as well as timing. Emcee script etc etc. It was all my fault cos didn't start planning early. :p

clarina

Hi all

HI is one of the hotels that I've shortlisted for my AD too. Mine won't be so soon. Planning in 07 but looking around as well cos I'm now sourcing for venues for my ROM in Feb 06. Any comments on their service and food? I'm contemplating between Beaufort and HI. Beautfort is very romantic with a superb view but rather far whereas HI is very accessible for my guests.. maybe looking at weekday wedding as well.

cutiepooh

Hi Qini, slimmy and greenleaf

3 of u are 2006 brides? Early part of 2006?

Will it be too late for me to sign up during the wedding show ,which Gintonic mentioned it to be held in oct or nov, for Dec 2006?

BTW how much per table is HL charging for maybe 35-40 tables for weekday and weekend? wat perks have u all asked for? Can we choose the cooridinator?

Hope HL brides can update me with the info
happy.gif
Cheers...

colleen

Hi Cutie,

Think u will hav to book early if u select popular dates or weekend lor.....just to play safe lor. Mine is mid 2006. Weekday package is 658 +++.

hmmm, i dun think is necessary to select Co-ordinator, cos their turn over rate is very high. Imagine i have meetup with total of 3 coordinators before i signed the contract. So no point choosing coordinator cos there may be chances of changing coordinator when your wedding come lor.

gs1979

Hi gals, i just called up Michelle yesterday to check on the RENO thing. She told me its not confirm yet but if realli have..it will be scheduled in April 2006(Renovating the ballroom). Me now v v headache as i'm trying to have my AD on 2nd May 2006 which is v risky for me. Hubby is concerned that the whole hotel will have those construction structure and place looks ugly leh.
Actually renovating is gd and bad thing..gd is i will get to use the new furnished ballroom and bad is dunno the reno will end before 30th April. haiz.......so chammmm now!!
sad.gif

Cutie...the nett rate for weekday per table is $766.80. I'm also looking on weekday package.

cutiepooh

thanks gintonic and slimmy! BTW wats the net rate like for weekend i.e. saturday?

BTW Gintonic, u have not booked urs rite? Is the wedding show going to be in Oct/Nov?

Have anyone had they solemnization at HL? How much do they charge?

greenleaf_1

Hi Cutie,
All of ours are about min 2006. If Oct really have bridal show then got more perks but you may not get the date you want lor...

Hi Gintonic,
Did Michelle tell you when will they confirm? Did you check with her the reno will take around how long? Tell her your concerns and maybe she can reveal a bit more??

colleen

Hi Gintonic,

U have signed the contract liao?? Think we should chk with Michelle, how long the renovation take?? She din even mention it when i sign the contract 2 weeks ago le. They should have reno it during chinese new yr month or Ghost month meh!! Wa, think we are all in risk....
sad.gif

gs1979

Gals, sorrie if i hv caused all the tension for HI brides. I realli loved the place but the thot of having reno ending by April scares me...Will have a serious discussion wif hubby this weekend. Then we wil finalise our choice either HI or Marriott. I will check with Michelle for further details and spell out my concerns. Will update all of u once i have d details.

Greenleaf, Michelle just mentioned that the reno will be scheduled in April but dunno if it will stretch thru the whole month lor.

Slimmy & Greenleaf, both of ur AD not in May rite??

Cutie, the wedding show is Oct. Call them for the actual date. I'm not too sure abt it.

kite~

hi bluegrapes,

how are you? wow so fast ur wedding coming in 2 weeks. gan zhong for u too. Do relax and must really enjoy urself since that day will be fast over. Do enjoy marching slowly down the long long aisle at HI ballroom to let everyone envies of you.
happy.gif

Do remember to share ur beautiful pics with me. cheers. Congrats!

bluegrapes

Hi Kite!! Long time no hear from you! How has marriage life been?
happy.gif

Yeah, trying to relax now but very tired due to work.

Errr...me not having the long match in. You must have thought I am so silly. keke...Will be having a short one placing the stage in the longer side of the ballroom. Prefer it that way cos I only have 25 tables and all the guest will be nearer to the stage in this manner.

Okie, will share my pics with you. ;)