Intercontinental Singapore

misschindia

Hi little_ger, ya that was what i was told when i signed up too. but as at April when I went down the invites are still the same (purple or cream) and the favours were the same as well... think there was some wedding bells too... but i didnt like them so impression didnt stick.

Think you have higher chance of enjoying new favours cuz your wedding is at the end of the year right?

gini09

Hi misschindia,

have not seen you for a long time. I've saw the invitation card, it's justlike an envelope thing, think we need to purchase the insert from printer, anyway hopefully next year there's more variety as my banquet is next year.

misschindia

Hi gini09,

Yup.. Ive been travelling intensively for work for about 3 months! so missing in action lor... Just got over my jet lag and now rushing all the wedding prep :p 1 month more til my ROM! and about 6 weeks til my banquet... yikes!

Yup you are right... its either deep purple or cream coloured and you need to print inserts. Designs are similar though the purple one is slightly heavier so if you have overseas guests.. postage will cost a bit more.

little_a

yes misschindia, mine is year end....
happy.gif
hopefully by then their new favours and invites are ready.

gini09

Hi Misschindia,

Have HI called you to finalise details for ur rom and banquet?

Btw think they'll be having new manager so you need to contact them to check out who's taking over Adeline

misschindia

Hey gini09, think they were calling me like crazy when i was overseas... but i never got to the phone in time. hee! Got reminder to pick up cards and arrange for food tasting already. Trying to arrange for food tasting within these 2 weeks... will keep you posted on which dishes are yummy
happy.gif

Not having my ROM at HI though... just the banquet.

I spoke to Richard. He seems more professional than Adeline actually. Very experienced and reassuring.

colleen

Hi gals,

I called Richard today and realised that he has left HI. Michelle will be taking over.So shocked to heard that, cos he only with HI for less than 3 mths right?

zipadee

bluegrapes: I saw the burgundy and the purple ones, then also saw the mock-up tables above the ballroom. The centrepieces for each table were rather small (white roses). Also saw pics for the rose-flower stands (champagne theme?), which seemed small compared to those I've seen at other hotels so was quite concerned since I wanna sign up with HI. Don't know if we've to top up alot more for additional decor like flowers/candles?

Another day I was there for an actual wedding, they had to use balloons to supplemet the walls and staircase. Wonder if it would look too plain without these addition. Any comments anyone? Thanks much!!

greenleaf_1

Hi gals,

Seem like ths thread not very active leh..Anymore HI brides to be??

By the way, is there any new person to take over from Richard? Also, do some of u gals hv friends who say that the ballroom a lot old and worn ah? Any of you have this kind of feeling?

Hi Gintonic, I feel that the menu looks not bad already cos we can choose from so many dishes unlike other hotels standard one...
happy.gif

gini09

Hi Greenleaf,

Think when richard left there's no replacment for him yet but think you can find his co ordinator Desmond or michelle. With regards to the ballroom, I dun feel it's old n worn out.

gini09

Hi racherlle,

Yup I saw that but I dun have the file with me as my file is at hm, currently at office. Will email asap.

zipadee

Hi! I've just signed up with HI!

Greenleaf: Actually, I think compared to other hotels, HI does seem to lack a little something in terms of the set-up, not sure if its due to the ballroom looking worn out. This is just my opinion, but I think the pics of the HI ballroom decor on its website were much much nicer than the actual setting that I saw......maybe coz I compared with all the more "expensive" hotels =P

Gintonic:Despite the decor, I went for HI largely coz of the food. I like the choices and so far have only heard good comments about the food!

gs1979

Thanks Zipadee & Greenleaf!! I'm gg down to HI to meet up wif Michelle this sat. Is she your coordinator?? Actually my 1st choice is Marriott but i would like to look ard @ other venues be4 confirming.

colleen

Hi Gals,

I will be signing up with HI this weekend....hehehe!!! Choose the hotel due to its location, selection of food and ballroom shape.

huimin

Hi all!

who u all coordinate wif?? at first, mine is Adeline, then Richard but both resigned.. now i have no idea already..

me too feel that intercon's ballroom a bit worn out, esp. the wooden doors.. signed up wif IS is becos of their foods and pillarless ballroom. hee..

huimin

Hi Slim,

I signed alr. i did told them last yr.. mmm.. nothing came out.. but hopefully they will change sometin... u saw their new wed. favours n wed. cards? nice anot?

greenleaf_1

Hi qini09,
THanks for your comments. Felt better already.
happy.gif

Hi Zipadee, Slimmy, huimin,
U all sign with HI ah?? Good good, then we have more people to yak, yak, yak!!! When are the wedding dates for all of you? I am having dinner on 20 June 2006.
happy.gif
I sign up with Richard but too bad he left liao...Now dunno who will handle my dinner lor...
sad.gif

Hi Gintonic,
Hope you will have a good discussion with Michelle and join us okie?
happy.gif

colleen

Gin, me meeting with Michelle too this sat to sign the contract. My appointment is 2pm, i think. hehehe!!!

Huimin, i dun remember the favour liao cos i think it will be different in the yr 2006.

My wedding date is 6/6/2006.
happy.gif

greenleaf_1

Wah, slimmy, you are the one on 6 June 2006 ah?? You tentative book long time ago isit?? Cos I heard Richard talking about it leh....kekekek

Your wedding date very close to me wor, we will have lots to talk about!!
happy.gif

gini09

Hi Ladies,

My is on 23 June 2006, have also signed with HI when richard is still around, having my rom next mth at HI as well

greenleaf_1

Hi qini09,

Your wedding date also close to mine!! Realised that 3 of us all in June 2006 leh...can talk talk!!

Have you sign up for videographer yet?? Me still thinking leh...

colleen

Pai seh, me typical singaporean so make tentative booking very early in March liao. hahahah! But have not sign the contract due to the change of coordinator lo. My first appointment is with Adeline, then Richard lo. That is why i drag till now have not sign the contract.

Hi Greenleaf,
What Richard say about my booking?? hehehe!!! So far i confirmed by BS, photographer only. No time to source others la. Now busy with my new home lo.

Yaya, our wedding date is so close....can share lots of things.

gini09

Hi Greenleaf,

Yup think most of my stuff booked already, ad photographeris Big day, AD videography is Fabian. BS is Dang.

Anyway have went for the her world bridal show in march at HI not bad leh.

greenleaf_1

Hi Slimmy,
No lah, Richard din say anything about you lah...just that when I go sign the contract, he ask me why Jun 2006 so hot, 6,20,23 all kena book liao..kekkeke

Hi qini,
You book with Fabian ah?? Why u decide on him leh?? Me still deciding between him and TWP leh...Any comments??

BTW, Slimmy and qini, you all book at the bridal show isit?? THe perks applicable for 2006 weddings??

Hi Gintonic,
Sure, update us...
happy.gif

gini09

Hi Greenleaf,

decided on fabian as I prefer his style. Didn't get the package during the bridal show as my banquet is in June 2006 but the promotion is till March 2006 only.

colleen

Hi Greenleaf,
I did not book on the wedding show cos the perks are not valid for june only till march lor. So my perks are those standard ones.

colleen

wa lau, u know wat today i call michelle to confirm our appointment today (to sign contract). The reception told me that they have change to 5 working days....so shock to hear that.

gini09

Hi Slimmy,

Are u sure about that? Cause I know they'll definitely meet client have appointment have been made, trying calling michelle direct line instead.

gs1979

Hi Slimmy..u sure?? I met up wif Michelle @ 12.30noon today leh..how cum d receptionist told u she is off leh?? Sounds funny leh.
D discussion wif Michelle was quite ok. Managed to get more info from her but was disappointed dat another couple is planning to confirm their package same date as me - 050506 so i'm on the waiting list.
sad.gif

Might have to date to 020506..anyone signed package on this date?

Now to decide either Intercontinental & Marriott. Hope my meeting wif Marriott on monday wil turn out smoothly then i can finalise my decision by next few weeks.

colleen

Sorry, had receive Michelle call about 12pm. Lucky i send her an email to verify, she called me back and informed me that she was working that day. She gave me her hp no instead, hehehe!!! Signup with HI finally, but heartache to pay 5K. Thanks gals.

greenleaf_1

Hi Slimmy,

Thats great!!! Welcome!! My perks are the ones in the package lor...ya lor....so heartache for the 5K man!!!

Hi Gintonic,
Someone already tentative confirm on your date ah?? Wasted...Also let us know how is your meeting with Marriot ok?

Hi qini,
How much was your package with Fabian, does he give any freebies one or not?

gini09

Hi Greenleaf,

My package with fabian is the normal package no perks lah but as was at promotion period so only at $2k but now think he's package has increased to $2250 already.