Intercontinental Singapore

colleen

Hi Rin,

But i check with Grace last time she allow 33 tables on weekday le....u got MSN hehehe!!!
maybe can talk over msn messenger.

kite~

Hi littleger,
Time really fly before u realise it n right now i m still missing everything. Do enjoy ur preparation
happy.gif

Generally, the food is great! except 1 of my table guests mentioned the waiter is clumsy, young n inexperienced and at another table, the seabass is abit not fresh. That's all. But overall, alot of good n thumb up comments (scallops, shark fins, dessert, abalone) than these 2 bad ones
happy.gif
There's always bound to hv comments, cant satisfy everyone.

Yes. HI's ballroom is grand n beautiful and plus the shophouse look of the hotel make it unique.

Hi EA,
We spent $728+++ (signed up in 2003) which means $848 nett.

Hi Slimmy,
No, we did not pay any $ for microphone, i thought its FOC? As for projector, my hubby borrowed it from his company.

In addition, i have only 30 tables + 2 spare. I didnt open the 2 spare in the end.

colleen

Hi Kite,

I'm not sure too, cos the quotation include "audio visual equipment list" with the rentle rate lor......if they charge this i think i will drop HI lor. Not worth to pay le.

jen_bibi

Hi Slimmy

microphone are provided in the package, will be too much if not provided cos we defi will use it.

I have checked before regarding this matter, they have said dat this is included.

bluegrapes

Slimmy, when I saw the quotation include "audio visual equipment list" with the rentle rate, I have the same impression but had clarified with Adeline that microphones will be provided.

Adeline said that 'audio visual equipment list' are meant for company functions mainly. Hope it clarifies.

chercat

Hi brides,

Me also ex-HI bride. Agree with kite that the ballroom n suite were lovely. Though the aisle was long but i wished it could be longer! The sound system was good, and the coordinator assigned to us that night was efficient n experienced. Time passed too fast that night, n i m missing everything too...

Only drawback is that HI is considered quite ex. I paid $758+++ per table, but most guests do not perceive HI as a 5* hotel, so the ang paos generally fell short of break-even. But to me, it is a small sacrifice to pay for the excellent ballroom!

kite~

Hi Slimmy,

Yes, confirm microphone is included in the package, FOC. its abit ridiculous if u have to pay $ for it.

Hi littleger,

Yes, there will be charges for projector so we borrowed a one instead of paying for it.

I actually requested from Adeline on the floor plan and Emcee script abt 1 month in advance. The Emcee script is just a very brief one, not very detailed.

We actually went to HI 3 to 4 days before our AD wedding to test out the sound system and our presentation slide. We brought our laptop, projector, CDs on our selected songs to test it out to make sure everything works well and compatible.

Then finally on AD wedding dinner, at 5pm, my hubby n his swordbearers went down to rehearsal for their march in, plus sound system for our selected songs, and incorporate with the presentation slide as a whole event....I need not go down to rehearsal at all. Cos i was up at the suite preparing n waiting for MU artist and i came down at 7pm during cocktail to receive guests. Hubby finished rehearsal at 6.30pm
happy.gif

Hi chercat,

Nice to hear from u again. Hows ur marriage life? Yes the running up n down to HI for wedding preparation was fun n enjoyable. sigh really miss all those days.

Me too, we made a lost at my wedding dinner. cos per table considered quite ex and the average angbaos amount i received was $80 only.

Hi Brides,

In addition, we had free usage of piano placed at the foyer, which was played during cocktail reception. My cousin who is 10 yrs old was the pianist.
happy.gif

bluegrapes

Kite, thanks for sharing.
happy.gif

Btw, do u have the event timetable for the AD in spreadsheet or something? Do u mind to email me a copy if it is not too troublesome?

gini09

Hi Kite,

Can I enquire if ur screen is placed on the stage or any other place? As my FH and I feel it's not very nice to put on the stage, firstly not everyone can view the screen properly and it does not look good in front. Thinking of placing the screen on the middle of the ballroom and to project either on wall or on the screen provided.

beanbean

hi gini09, I was told that the stage will be on one side of the stage (either the right or the left) and angled to fit into the corner so that everyone will have a good view - I hope you know what I mean! They also elevate it - I think it's placed on a box if I remember correctly from the wedding setups that I saw. They definitely don't place the screen on the stage.

kite~

Hi,

The screen is placed on the right side of the ballroom (near door entrance). It will not blocked any of the stage's view as its totally doesnt belong part of the stage. Rest assured that the screen is projected in such a way that all guests will get to view the screen clearly.
happy.gif

gini09

Hi kite,

As when my FH and I was there to view the ballroom, the setup was done for previous nite couple. The screen look so awkward as it's a naked screen on the stage and not placed on a box etc. Unlike what i seen from Raffles the Plaza or Fullerton, they have like built in screen and the screen will auto be kept if not needed.

Other then that, other things is fine.

kite~

Hi gini09,

I get what u mean. hmm but so far, i find the screen is alrite. unlike some hotels they do not provide screen, n they need portable ones which is more funny.

I think the focus will be more on the ballroom n its decor rather than the screen. People hardly see the screen unless u hv montage or slideshow. else all wil focus on u n ur FH on the stage
happy.gif

gini09

Hi Kite,

As we'll be having videography on AD morning and montage and also displaying photos for AD morning, thus screen is rather a major issue of our AD. Anyway will discuss with the manager further regards to this.

chercat

Hi brides,
Like kite, I also received mainly $80 from the guests, some even gave $60!?!! However I need at least $90 to break-even. So my loss is roughly around $5K.

Hi kite,
Marriage life is ok lor. Not much of a social life now. I am staying with my in-laws, how about you? I just viewed the videos for my wedding n that made me re-live my special day all over again! Once more, i have to re-iterate that the HI ballroom looks very grand n elegant, in photos n in videos.

So all brides-to-be, no regrets!

kite~

Hi Chercat,

Me too i lose around $5k, same as u. guess the market rate now is only $80 (average).

For me, marriage life is good, staying by ourselves.
happy.gif
Hey any wedding pics to share with me? Thanks.

camiberry

hi all,

Like few of you here, i'm considering HI as my wedding venue as well but doing lunch instead. Met Richard last sat, he was very detailed & seem to know his work pretty well. However, HI's package is a little too pricey... i'm in a dilemma! Really like HI's ballroom & food but Marriott is more affordable... what should i do?
kao_sad.gif

bluegrapes

Juz went for food tasting last night with my family at Man Fu Yuan. Everyone gave a THUMBS UP!! So happy and satisfied!
kao_clap.gif

They were especially impressed with the shark fins and chicken garnished with chinese wine (cold dish). Yum!! Really look forward to the AD now.

huimin

Hi bluegrapes,

may i knw when is ur AD? Mines on sept, still dunno when go for our food tasting. Is it one month b4 act date? My previous co was Adeline but she left.

u getting 8 or 9 dishes? me still troubling choosing 8 dishes. Tat time, Adeline told me to choose those tat u will go for tasting a 100% confirmation. Can recommend any very impressed dishes? for desert, im choosing bet 'or ni' and red beans w dumpling. thanks!

cheers

bluegrapes

Hi little_ger, I did not change any dish. Juz selected based on the menu choices provided.

huimin, my AD is 27 Jun 05. The coordinator will call u up for food tasting about 2 months before. My coordinator currently is Desmond. His service is very good. I am very satisfied with his professional attitude towards making the banquet arrangments and he is a very approachable person.
happy.gif

I am getting 8 dishes cos it is a weekday. Even though my menu does not include any luxurious ingredient like abalone or sea cucumber, the food tasting was indeed very satisfying.

As for desserts, we tried Cream of Walnut last night but have decided to change to 'Or Ni' instead cos it should be more popular among the guest.

little_a

bluegrapes,
yes... desmond's service is very good and friendly too.. in fact, he followed up on my request and called to confirm that everything is okay
happy.gif

moonlight00

Hi gals...
Mind mi joining in?
I'm juz starting to look ard for hotels & intercon is mi first choice. Hv not called the hotel to make ani appt yet but wld like to seek advise from u gals on what to look out for?
Is there ani nice co-ordinator dat i can contact & do they accept tentative reservations first? Plus did u gals manage to ask for more free perks?

sorrie for the many questions uh... ;p

huimin

Hi moonlight

it is best tat u attend their wedding show when they organise one. I think wat they offer during their show is the best liao. Somemore they have lucky draw... maybe u can win also
happy.gif

I booked mine on their wedding show last oct. didnt bargain much leh cos they give me lots of perks liao. dun knw wat to ask also. I also won their lucky draw..heeee

cheers!

bluegrapes

By default, the food is served individually but the respective tables can request for self service if they do not feel comfortable. Hope it clarifies.
happy.gif

zipadee

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has any comments to provide on HI's decor?? I've seen the mock ups and had a peek at another actual wedding's decor of the ballroom......it seemed rather plain compared to many other hotels I've seen.