Intercontinental Singapore

little_a

lilacblur,
Intercon has the peranakan feel... woody and nice.. its sometime different.. dun wan to consider the usual venue for banquet. besides it is not in the city and would be more convenient for guests.

bluegrapes

Lilacblur, I have visited about 6 hotel ballrooms for viewing but find Intercon ballroom really lovely.
happy.gif
U won't regret it.

misschindia, I have ordered wine through a fren's company vendor, namely Angove Misty Mooring (australian wine). How abt u?

orith

Hello all,
I am interested at Hotel Intercon too. I contacted someone called Michelle. Anyone has hers as the coordinator? Any feedback?

chercat

Hi Lilacblur,
I have attended a wedding at Traders and if i remember correctly, i was blocked by a pillar. Can't really see much of the march-in and the things on stage.
As for coordinators, Adeline is often busy and speaks hurriedly. But if you make an appointment to talk face-to-face with her, she is actually quite a nice lady. Michelle is her assistant, so you'd rather speak to Adeline herself. Btw, Adeline will only be available after mid-Feb as she is going on leave soon. Hope this info helps!

Hi simano,
There will be approx 36 tables for my wedding. Think might be quite packed?!

preci0usm0ments

pricee,
can i send u tonight? it's not with me now
happy.gif

chercat~
yup yup~ already made appointment with Adeline.. hope everything goes well
happy.gif
wow... 36 tables for you? actually how many tables is it suppose to hold?

orith

Hee...have seen the ballroom, it's sooo grand and nice
happy.gif
just like what u all said.

We are worried that our guests won't give nice angpao coz they may think it's a 4*.

To all the ex brides of HI, may i know what are the ave angpao u get?

Thanks in advance!!!

chercat

Hi Orith,
I think you are right. Though all the brides here know otherwise, but the public may not feel that Intercon is a 5* hotel. The lobby itself is small and not impressive at all. Even if the whole table 'pao' $80, still cannot cover the cost. Guess have to be prepared to make a loss...
sad.gif

colleen

Hi Lilacblur,

I just called the coordinator to check for the package for 2006. She informed that it is not out yet and if we book this year the cost will also increase by $30 for each table. Shock to hear that......

The Quotation i got was $628+++ for 2005. So add $30, will be $658+++ le...

preci0usm0ments

chercat,
80bucks cannot cover meh?? yours is weekend?

yup yup Slimmy, i heard of the increment... but i think not that bad la.. better than increment of $100 rite? :p
sigh.. think got no other choice already.. my tables limits me the certain venue only
sad.gif

misschindia

Hi Slimmy - Aiyo.. these hotel prices only go up and never come down!! But still think the weekday package is quite reasonable even after the increment.

Lilacblur - Ya $80 wont cover mine either ... mine is on Sat so nett comes up to about $92 per person.

Bluegrapes - I havent got my wine yet... how many bottles did you get? Are you paying corkage for the 35th bottle onwards or just getting wine from the hotel?

misschindia

Chercat - Think your 36 tables should be alright... saw the set up with 38 tables and it still looked ok. Think they can squeeze up to 42 (like little_ger said) if they make the stage a little smaller.

orith

Hello Chercat

Yah lo...that's my worry. Luckily mine is on a weekday, in dec. When is yours?

Littleger and Bluegrapes, when is your AD? What perks did you get?

little_a

orith,
i signed up before the package for 2005 came out. my AD is 26 Nov 05 on a saturday. Perks arent as good as the 2005 package.

orith

hello little_ger

What perks did you get then? Who did you signed up with?

I am still thinking shoudl i sign up with them or not...

chercat

Hi Orith, my wedding is on a weekend next month, and i signed up last year. Its $758+++ per table if i m not wrong. It was also a $30 increment from the previous year. Wah, every year they increase the prices by $30... nothing comes down then! I think the 2005 perks are quite good too, according to Bluegrapes. Ask Adeline if they are planning for a wedding show this year. Maybe you can get a better deal on such occasions.

bluegrapes

misschindia, I got 36 bottles from outside vendor. Will be having about 28 tables...so thinking of purchasing additional bottles from the hotel.

Orith, u can refer to my post on 28 dec 04 regarding the perks I bargained for. I have frens who previously held their wedding at places like Hyatt and Meridien, and they commented that the perks offered by HI are attractive.
happy.gif

Anyway, my AD is 27 Jun 05

orith

Little ger

THe person i get in touch with is Catherine. She said can give me 70% invitation card, 30% parking coupons, 2 nite stays

How do you manage to get the day room and how L of beer do you get?

preci0usm0ments

hmmm seems that most of you have quite a lot of tables hor... if the BR can hold 30 over tables, then will it look empty with only 25??

wow...95per pax then can cover? dun think frens and relatives will be so auto ya? sigh.. ppl only know market rate 80.. but they din think will have increment one hor???
sad.gif
*sob*

bluegrapes

I only have about 28 tables and am looking at arranging the tables for a short match in.

Is there a wedding show coming? When will it be?

colleen

Must wait patiently for the wedding show to see if there is any better perks.....hehehe!!!!

How do u gals confirmed the no of tables u are having?? Do u need to provide the exact amount of table when book the package?? Can it be change??

jen_bibi

Hi gals

I'm also a Intercon bride.

I think Intercon have a min table quote of 32 tables... anythink less than 32, they won't do.

have some of u checked with Intercon regarding the no. of tables??
cos e last time i checked it ve to be a min. of 32 tables.

kite~

Hi gals!

I m back from my honeymoon!
happy.gif
Time really flies, my wedding was already 1 mth liao.

Well, seems like quite a no. of u are very interested in HI. U wont hv regrets hving ur wedding there. Everyone was commenting mine was grand n beautiful and food was GREAT! They commented on the abalone, scallops n shark fins.

But 1 thing hv to bear with it that the waiter are quite young and i encountered 1 very inexperienced waiter as feedbacked from my fren.

Do not worry as u wont get to know this things til after ur wedding when frens n relatives feedbacks. therefore feedback is very important.

Yes HI requires min. no of 32 tables. But i hv 30 tables + 2 spare. u can neg. in tis way.

Michelle is Adeline's assistance. Its better to speak to Adeline personally as they are always very busy.

Feel free to ask me any qs n hope i can help
happy.gif

jen_bibi

Hi Kite~

how's the honeymoon??
how did u neg, for the 30 tables + 2 spare? cos my coord. is evelyn n she told me e min. table is 32 so i din check whether can the requirement be wat u state. So did u use the 2 spare for your AD? n did u pay for it cos evelyn told em dat if i din ve 32 tables i did needs to pay for the 2 table to make 32 tables.

kite~

Hi jen,

my HM was great n enjoyable
happy.gif

Yes i paid only 30 tables + 2 spare. I didnt use the 2 spare tables in the end. Btw Evelyn seems new to me, never heard of this name.

I signed up in Nov 2003 with Enya (old co-ordinator who has quitted) and our contract was done by her.

Probably u can try to convince Evelyn to make it min. of 30 tables + 2 spare. try to neg. in tis way.

btw urs is on which day? Mine is a Sunday. if let's say urs is a Saturday, probably they need u to commit 32 tables? no harm try again okie cheers.
happy.gif

kite~

Hi Slimmy,

I didnt breakeven. Basically HI tables are ex! Some relatives didnt know the market rates however frens knew n breakeven from there. Mainly lost on relatives side.

Hi Jen,

oic since urs is a Sat, it's the most ex of the day. Thus, they might need u to commit at least e min. Anyway gd luck to u.
happy.gif
let me know ur neg. w HI again okie.

chercat

Hi Orith, my wedding on 27 Feb 05. About a month away...

Hi Bluegrapes, why would you want a short march-in? I think alot of girls here chose HI becos the aisle is very long! Must revel slowly in your march-in and be a star!!!

Hi kite, what march in songs did you use? How about the first dish song? Me havent decided leh...

kite~

Hi chercat,

1st march in - Only time by Enya
2nd march in - Perfect Moment
First Dish song - I let HI use their own

Hi Bluegrapes,

its better to hv a long aisle which HI is renowed for it, it's so grand n long when u march in.

orith

Hello Kite

Congrats! Glad you had an enjoyable wedding and honeymoon. Btw, where did you go for honeymoon?

I contacted someone by the name of Catherine. Still deciding whether to sign up with HI or not, for my DEC wedding this year.

Hee...glad to hear that the food is great. What abt the service?

Are you able to share with us the menu which you have chosen?

Also, is it ok to share what is the ave angpao u receive?

Thanks
happy.gif

orith

Chercat

Wow...27/2/05. You must be getting really excited and start to count down? heee...

Have you chosen your menu?

kite~

Hi Orith,

I went to NZ
happy.gif
The food was great esp if u choose wkend menu. Service was fine except as i mentioned, the waiters are quite young n thus inexperience (esp dec is school holiday seasons).

Average is $80 - $100 from frens. Relatives abit lose out cos they bring 1 whole family.

Will get back to u on the 9-course menu cos the list is not with me right now
happy.gif

orith

Hello Kite

hee...thanks for your quick response!!

Weekend menu? Eh..i thought it's up to us which one we choose in their menu list? I dunno got weekday and weekend menu lei.

Huh...relative only give 1 person angpao tho they bring whole family? Goshh...

kite~

Hi Orith,

What i mean is, if ur wedding date is on weekend, the food are great n much better than the weekday.

Mine was on sunday weekend under "Romance Wedding Package". i was able to mix and match from Romance menu A and menu B.

1) Superior Cold Combination Platter
(Suckling Pig, Salad Prawns, Drunken Chicken, Jellyfish, Sea Whelk with Spicy Sauce)

2) Poached Prawns

3) Shark's Fin with Crabmeat and Conpoy

4) Braised Sliced Abalone with Chinese Mushrooms and Seasonal Vegetables

5) Sautéed Broccoli with Fresh Scallops and Sliced Squid in XO Sauce

6) Steamed Sea Bass Topped with Light Soya Sauce

7) Roasted Chicken

8) Fried Rice with Seafood Wrapped in Lotus Leaf

9) A Sweet Cream of Red Beans with Lotus Seeds and Dried Lily Bulbs

U can refer to the link below for the menu.
http://meetings.singapore.intercontinental.com/sinhb/menu_02.html

orith

Hi Kite
happy.gif

Mm...could it be the package for 2005 is different? Coz i was only given a list of menu to choose from. THere's no package like wedding or loving.