carrots

Hi Juzz,

I've also signed up with HI.

You mentioned that you've managed to get the following:
As of now, I have managed to:
1. get a 10 pax food tasting
2. Day room for the helpers
3. waiver of wine corkage for the first 24 bottles

Is yours a weekday or weekend? How many tables is your minimum?

I was trying to bargain for waiver for more bottles of wine but the coordinator was only willing to accede to 12 bottles.

thanks

juzz

Hi Kite,

Thanks..indeed, i'm feeling kinda relaxed right now. I think the BS and banquet is usually the biggest headache for the couple. Glad I've pulled through it
rofl.gif

Nope, I have not seen the teddy bears. but adeline said that I should be able to view it when it's time to chose the facours...ya, i think chopsticks are really boring..not a fresh idea anymore...but overall, i think HI has a pretty unique selection of favours.

My AD is on 30 Dec....so, still a long way to go. How bout urs? have u booked ur BS?

juzz

Hi carrots,

mine is a weekday package..but i'll be taking the weekend menu..so got to top up a bit of $$
sad.gif

the min for weekday is 25 tables right? i've confirmed 28 tables with her for now.

Ya, ur additions are exactly like mine..but adeline gave me the options of having 6 pax/full menu or 10 pax/5 dishes for my food tasting...I've also gotten the waiver for first 24 bottles of wine..tried to ask for more as well, but to no avail.....she's quite stingy with the perks for weekday package.

Wanted to ask for 30 litres of beer but she said could only give me if i hit 35 tables...how to reach that!!

kite~

hi juzz,

30 Oct! very hot date. So far i encountered alot of brides getting married on 30 Oct!
happy.gif

mine is also a hot date in Dec! Yes booked my bridal shop liao.
happy.gif

so u must be excited looking forward to ur wedding at HI. HI is indeed perfect for a wedding, like fairy tale.
happy.gif

Hmm Adeline seems nice to me but never really talk to her cos i signed up my wkend package last Nov w Enya.
happy.gif
so now nothing much to negotiate liao.

for us i managed to get 8 persons with full course (9 course) food tasting. perhaps u can try asking again since u top up to wkend food which is more ex.

juzz

Hi Kite...

So lucky that u've managed to get a weekend date in Dec...i wanted a weekend as well, but it was already fully booked! how much in advance did do ur booking?

actually, now that i've confirmed on my BS and banquet..there's like nothing much to do..just got to wait for them to call me for anything..but i'm currently busy with the renov of my flat. think i'm gg bankrupt.hehee

so which BS is urs?

haizz..although i upgraded my menu to weekend dishes..she still sees mine as a weekday package. so not too much luck here!

kite~

Hi juzz,

oh typo error. i mean 30 Oct is a hot date, not 30 Dec. anyway it's oso alrite to hold during weekday, nowadays alot of ppl oso getting on wkdays too. somemore urs is on Thur so shld be ok since 31 Dec is a holiday n everyone sure got mood n etc.
happy.gif

I booked w HI during last Oct/Nov 03. KS? started searching since last aug. cos i dont like last min stuffs.

mine is BZ.

now me searching for photographer. hmm how many tables do u hv? perhaps HI staff gives perks as if the more tables entitled more perks? not sure though. but u shld try again when ur AD is nearer. no harm asking.
happy.gif

juzz

Hi kite....

sigh..i'll only be having 28 tables..so it's a good thing oso that i din get the weekend package cos i may not be able to hit the 32 tables requirement...

they are only gg to give me 20 litres of beer even though i have upgraded my package..adeline said that 30 litres is only possible if i hit 35 tables!! but then, weekend is only 32 tables wat...she's quite stubborn about this...

did u manage to upgrade your suite though?

juzz

Hi All brides who have held your wedding at Intercon,

do you have any pics of the ballroom during your banquet to share with all Future brides of HI?

bounce.gif

Juzz

kite~

Hi Juzz,

For me, i have signed up 30 tables at HI, probably 1 or 2 spare tables, dun wan to exceed more than that.
happy.gif
That time Enya allowed us minimum of 30 tables.

28 tables for weekday is quite alot, nearly to 30.

For my package, by default HI gave us 30litres of beer. But i find that a barrel of beer very ex, costs $650+++.

No.
sad.gif
didnt manage to upgrade my suite. But Angeline agreed to give us a shophouse suite with a porch outside e suite.

how abt u? very difficult cos ours is in Dec which is peak period whereby alot of tourists wil come to SG for holidays.

juzz

ya lor...28 tables and weekend menu and i still can't get 30 litres beer *sob sob*

i din get an upgrade as well...expected! oh, i din know they have diff kind of shophouse suite. but i feel that one bad thing about the suite is that the toilet is not attached to the bedroom..so inconvenient. imagine if you have guests coming in..sigh...

exactly, dec is a hot month...hope my friends are not planning for holiday in that month..it'll look bad if the attendance is bad.

bugbear

Hi all....is Intercon that difficult to negotiate for extra perks? I heard that some hotels are easy on additional perks such as corkage waived, free flow of beer, etc. I am interested in Intercon, but have yet to see the actual ballroom settings, but i have gotten some photos from them. Looks cosy
happy.gif

kite~

hi june,

it's better for u to go down n see e actual setup ballroom. very nice n classic! hehe. perfect for wedding! eh it depends on whether urs is wkend or wkday. gd luck!

bugbear

Hi kite,

Thanks for the advice. I am actually planning to go see the ballroom on 1st May...cos i heard from the organizer that there is an actual wedding going on that day.

kite~

Hi June,

yup go n see n hv a feel of it. however i m sure u wil like it. do update us after viewing. cheers.
happy.gif

bugbear

Hi Kite,

Yup yup, will definitely come back to the forum to update all on my viewing...i like the idea that Intercon has only 1 ballroom, so you wouldn't need to 'worry' that your guest will be lost...but on the other hand, need to book early if the date is a hot date
sad.gif

kite~

Hi June,

Yes it's very exclusive since they hv only 1 ballroom cos food wise, no need to worry. I dont like e idea where the hotel got a few ballrooms n thus food wil b abit downgraded.

happy.gif
u wont regret choosing HI if budget allows.

bugbear

Hi Kite~, do you have any idea if they have any revision to their package? The package that i got is 2004 pricing and heard that Pan Pac revised their package...as selected 1st choice date is a weekday, hence package from Intercon is really very cheap for weekday.

I also heard that the food and service is not too bad, except that some ppl don like the long ballroom, must find a wedding march that is long enuf, else have to walk fast fast
happy.gif
Now my only problem is the Tong Shu
sad.gif

bugbear

Hi All, anyone of you have any contact person from HI that i can speak to? best is someone who is easy to negotiate things with...hehhe. :p

kite~

Hi,

Not sure about wkday cos mine is a wkend. Perhaps u can call to check with them on whether did they revised their 2004 package.

I like e long aisle w high ceiling bcos my wedding wil b a very grand one. We booked HI bcos of its long ballroom.
happy.gif

Not sure abt the current sales person cos i booked last Nov with Enya. Enya has left HI. Currently, Adeline is e main person to contact. Met her once but not sure how is she.
happy.gif

juzz

hi June,

There is a revision for the package in 2005..additional $30+++ for each table. This is applicable to both the weekday and weekend package. but even with the revision, the weekday package is still affordable..

i'm taking the weekday package as well .

i agree with Kite..the thing i like about the ballroom is the long aisle..it'll feel so grand walking down that aisle where everyone can see you

bugbear

Hi Juzz, Kite, yup yup, me also like the height of the ballroom and the long aisle...heheh..more grand leh...can walk longer :D that's what i like abt HI also lor...

Hhmm...yeah, after the 30+++ still very affordable, compared to other weekday packages. I amalso looking at Marriott, but the ballroom looks old
sad.gif

Wah...seems like all hotels are increasing their package...then next time attend wedding dinner, market rate must be more than $100 liao...heheh

kite~

yup. we went to view alot of hotels before HI. Other hotels dun really suits my wedding cos some short aisle n low ceiling. HI is perfect! no pillars at all!

bugbear

yah...i also like that...pillarless...but is the ballroom so long that those sitted right at the last few tables will have a little problem focusing on the stage? how many tables do you have, Kite?

Did you consider Pan Pac? That one also long and pillarless right?

kite~

Hi June,

nope. The view from the back tables wil be very clear. Though the ballroom is very long but then its very very cosy! i have 30 tables! i think u shld go down n take alook so that u hv a better idea.

yes i did consider Pan Pac but my date was booked. Mine is a very HOT date in Dec.

Pan Pac has 2 ballrooms. Level 2 is small one, Level 1 is big one. Level 2 low ceiling but pillarless. Level 1 use intelligent lightings (very chio), high ceiling, pillarless. But then requires 35 tables which i oso meet.

juzz

ya...not only is Dec a hot month, but Pan Pac is a very "hot" hotel. heard that they are booked right up till June'05 already...

I wanted pan pac too..but no dates and cannot meet the min..

I'll be having 28 tables at intercon

bugbear

hi hi...good to hear that HI has very good views of the stage despite the long ballroom. That is my main concern when talking abt the long ballroom. Yup, i only like the Pacific ballroom. more grand. I am actually targeting 35 tables...so i guess should be alright for both...but i really like the deco of HI, the stairs, the reception area..WOW! My only hope is by the time the Tong Shu is out, the ballroom is still available
happy.gif

Yeah, Pan Pac is indeed a VERY hot hotel. I heard that for their promo of Ocean ballroom, it's already fully booked for all weekends till Dec05
sad.gif
Praying real hard that HI is not as hot!

kite~

Hi June,

when is ur tentatively AD? planning which mth? cos if u wait for Tong Shu, wil b very late liao? 1 of my fren oso wait for tong shu, now hers is on wkday instead of wkend.

PP is hot for its ocean ballroom, Level 2. However for the big ballroom, if u hv 35 tables, u might hv to share e foyer w others. Cos Level 1 got 3 huge ballrooms, they wil open 2 ballrooms for u if u hv 35 tables. which is a disadvantage, ppl tend to mix up!

bugbear

Hi hi...me planning mid 05...so stil got a little time to spare and the date which i wanted is a weekday, so probably not so hot date
happy.gif

Is it right that with 35 tables, PP will only open up 2 ballrooms? this is sad. will definitely reconsider if they do that...anyway, i prefer HI deco...me will be hopping by HI tmr as they are having a wedding tomorrow...so i go there see the actual deco and stuffs like that
happy.gif

Yeah, i don like the idea of 'sharing' the ballroom...your guest will have a hard time getting to the right ballroom...that's why i am targeting at hotels with 1 ballroom, or those with ballrooms at different levels.

kite~

hi june,

yes 35 tables, they wil give u oni 2 ballrooms. e other 1 for other ppl.

yup u can check it out at PP thread in tis forum too n the brides over there wil able to help you.

bugbear

Hi ino, do you mind sending me your pix? I have just visited HI over the weekends, but couldn't get hold of the banquet manager to further discuss on the details.

Would be great to look at the actual event photos.
happy.gif
Thx! my email: [email protected]

juzz

Hi Ino,

Thanks for the pics!!! you look so beautiful..I like your tiara
happy.gif

btw, how did u manage to take the pics at the fire station? Ur hubby's a fireman ah?

oso, wanna check, the petals on the tables are additional? how much more do u have to pay for them?

ingenue78

hi juzz,

my hubby is an officer with scdf...tat's why got special permission...

yeah...the petals are additional. it cost $15/pack. i ordered abt 4 packs to decorate the aisle , stage as well as for the confetti. it's barely enuff.

juzz

Hi Ino,

Oic...apart from the fresh petals, what are the other things that you have thrown in that's not within the package??

btw, did you engage a pianist for that day? I was thinking of having one during the reception....

At the same time, did u use the projector??

bugbear

Hi Ino, thanks loads for the link to ur pix! they look so wonderful! i like your tiara also. Where u sign up ur package?

Hi kite...yup yup, i quite like the ballroom. i love the stairs! the view of the stage from the back is superb! but think the ballroom is not as long as pan pac...but i like the cosiness. something weird leh...i talked to banquet manager, but found out that they are currently revising their package for 2005 and as such, they are not open for booking yet. guess i will have more time to wait for the tong shu then
happy.gif
unlike pan pac, fully booked for weekends liao
sad.gif

Is it true that HI is not opened for booking as yet?

kite~

Hi ino!!

Wow ur photos are very pretty n you n ur hubby really got "Fu Qi Xiang". hehe
happy.gif

Hey which bridal shop and actual day photographer did u engage? Your photos are very stunning, sharp with full of colours! nice pose n shots!!! cos right now i m looking for AD photographer.

Yes i luv ur idea of spreading the rose petals along e aisle! so romantic leh, like fairy tale story! but $15 per pack abit ex ah, where u bought them? hey but i really like your idea of doing this way. thumb up. u r very creative leh. :p

Oh ya i believe u paid extra $ for the tealight candles to be added as centrepiece rite or is it come under HI package? cos i know the standard centrepiece does not come w tealight candle. so romantic n tis is wat i want.

paiseh so many qs. if i got any more qs, can i ask u again. thanks. my big day on dec 04, its a sunday.

Overall, ur wedding is really perfect esp in HI.
happy.gif

kite~

Hi June,

glad u love HI ballroom!

IMO, HI's ballroom is long n slim while PP's ballroom is long but wide so maybe u find that HI's aisle looks shorter.

Anyway for PP, the min. tables for 2 ballrooms is 35 tables. DO u hv 35 tables, if not, HI's min tables is only 30 tables for wkends.
happy.gif

Huh? u mean HI doesnt allow u to book 2005 wedding? tat's strange?

bugbear

Hi Kite, i haven't seen PP ballroom yet. Is PP ballroom even wider than HI? hhmm...i do have 35, but if PP is going to be even wider, then have to go take a look liao
happy.gif

Yeah, over the weekends when i went down, i did not get the chance to talk to them about the packages. Just viewed the ballroom and there is a person there telling me roughly wot is and wot is not included. But when the actual sales person called back to my FH, she (Adeline) told him that they are currently revising the 2005 package and they are not open for booking yet. I also find it puzzling
sad.gif
did those who booked their package for 2005 based on the 2004 package? Or maybe their only accept 2005 bookings till early 2005? I also dunno
sad.gif

Anyway, Adeline asked my FH to call her back late June 04 to check out the packages.

ingenue78

hi kite,

my BS is Everbliss and my AD photographer is Greymatter Photography (listed in SB).

as for the rose petals, i got it from the hotel's florist. I know it's a bit ex. Usual price is ard $10. However, as i'm ordering extra decor from the florist, i want the flowers and petals to match perfectly. (in terms of size and colour)

Yup, the candlelight cost extra. Can't remember the exact cost...think it's $2-$3 extra per piece.

No prob with yr queries. will help wherever i can
;-)

kite~

Hi June,

I thought u mentioned that u find HI's ballroom is shorter than PP. In fact, i find HI's aisle is the longest of the hotels i have ever went to and viewed so far to date.

yup u shld go down personally to take a look at PP instead of guessing here n there. Have a real view is better, thus able to compare between HI n PP.
happy.gif

As for 2005 package, not so sure cos mine is Dec 04.

Hi ino,

I contacted Greymouth last 2 weeks n they r not available on my wedding date cos my date is HOT date! Btw Greymouth not cheap right, how is ur package like?

Good choice. petals is really sweet n romantic!
Btw i also saw that u using Precious moments box as an ang bao box or it's already a ang bao box? must be very ex? but very nice n sweet leh.

Did u choose 2 kinds of wedding favours too? cos i saw jungle bells n chopsticks on ur wedding table.

ok for the time being, no qs, if got qs, wil ask u again. hehe.

ingenue78

hi juzz,

juz realised tt i have not answered yr qns. other extras are the candlelight and the decor on the stage tentage.

Nope, i did not engage the pianist. Think the pple during the reception can entertain themselves. Instead,i played some jazz music in the background.

Yes, i used a projector which i borrowed from my office. can ask HI to provide the screen FOC for u.

bugbear

Hi Kite, yup, i am also trying to arrange to view PP ballroom. I thought PP pacific ballroom is really long, cos i was there for a seminar and i find the ballroom very nice and grand, with the high ceiling. will definitely hop by
happy.gif

I am also thinking of having it at chijmes, but apparently, the packages offered by the official caterers for outside catering is the same price as the packages having it in the respective hotels. on top of that, still have to pay for rental of chijmes venue
sad.gif
each table comes up to be about $900+ for weekends.
sad.gif
but i really like chijmes. i was there for dinner just last weekend and there was a wedding that night. caught a glimpse of the interior. very nice!

ingenue78

hi kite,

hmmm...am unsure whether u contacted the correct person. it's GreyMatter, not greymouth leh...
i think he revised the price package...perhaps can give him a call to find out more about the latest. His name is KC and his contact is 96222707. Think he can work out something within your budget.

As for a Precious Moment box, i did some slight improvision by cutting a small hole for the angpao. I think it's about $15.

as for wedding favours, HI allowed me to choose two types. So, i placed them at alternate seats. But a lot of my guests loved the porcelain bells. ;-)