Indonesian Brides!!

leeds

Hi blueangel,

I'm a bit confused... you recast your ring from what to what? Is it completely new setting? Does white gold really tarnish? Cos i got a few white gold jewellery, so far they dont tarnish.

tanlea

hi leeds

the rings we chose are supposed to be in platinum ... but we din want platinum cos too ex. :p
so we ask the sales asst to send for recasting in white gold

zhane

hi serenity,
which leehwa shop u went for?& how much u got for ur bands?

hi leeds,
i wanna have w/ diamond,,make my bf headache,,hahahaha:D
actually,this weekend we're gonna meet his friend who own the jewellery factory in jakarta.hope we can find the platinum with cheaper price than SG.
but i doubt it coz platinum hardly find in indo.if does matter,well..guess we'll get it in SG.
happy.gif

its true not all white gold will tarnish..but heard that it will come someday..especially if someone have bad quality sweat,the chemical reaction will effect the gold,,then tarnish will be possible appear.dunno wether this 'gossip' is true or not..but i like it safe & just go for platinum
happy.gif

rhs

serenity,
teatree is correct, I always praise Sil, kekeke
biggrin.gif
My designer was Miah. Sil's price is a bit expensive but we were sold by their service. And no regret at all.

leeds

Zhane,

haha... you very funny. Bad quality sweat??
biggrin.gif
I think diamonds in indo should be cheaper right. You get direct from factory, i bet its cheaper than those leehwa, sookee etc in SG. But true, platinum is not very common in indo. Have fun searching for your wedding band! I cant wait for my time to come too. hehe...
happy.gif

leeds

Zhane, keep me posted with your search. If your friend can give good price for good quality diamond, maybe i can look for him too.
happy.gif

teatree

hi ladies,

wow. left for meeting and there are so many postings already
happy.gif

leeds, how much is it ah? i'm scared after i sign up i'll be too lazy to go for the classes. hehehe.... only 'hot' in the beginning.

err... from what i heard from several jewelers, it's not true that platinum does not tarnish as easily as white gold. both tarnish at the same rate according to them. actually those jewelers that i spoke to also said that platinum requires more care and polishing as it might get scratches more easily. so don't know which is true, in the end chose white gold for my wedding band.

update on the gathering, been to toast twice and it's quite a relax place so can definitely take our own sweet time there.

20 may 2004, toast:
serenity
leeds
butterfly
me

rhs, you wanna join us??

mmmhh... just to let you ladies know, platinum prices are rising right now. due to a high demand in china or something like that.

teatree

serenity,

i also love bandung food
happy.gif
pisang molen, brownies, the picnic roll, cheese stick etc etc.... i'm just so hungry now thinking about those things.

leeds, when are you buying your bands? getting an eternity ring for yourself? hehehe...

butterfly

Hi leeds,
Ya lor i only check emails at home. In school (i'm teaching in a church kindergarten), cannot even use the handphone. Must take care of the kids... Can only use hp once the kids leave the school. HA haaa..

Dear square couple,
Did you apply to this school through the classified ads? Cos i saw the ads a couple of times in newspapers. I was actually considering whether i should apply for the pre-school teacher position or not. BUt since i already got a job at a church kindergarten here, then i thought i may just continue with what i have now. Maybe can consider applying again when my hubby-to-be wants to work in indonesia.

Which post are you applying for? So you went for the interview already? The people in indonesia are generally very friendly. Food wise, should not be a problem, but be prepared to get stomachache in the 1st few days you are there.

Working in international school in indo should be quite challenging. Cos you are working with politicians' kids.. HAaa.. Anyway, tell me more why you choose to apply for this position which means a new environment and people.. HAa.. Seems like i'm interviewing you ah.. HA haaa

serenity

Morning leeds,

Met up with billy yest, like what you said, the invitation card designs are horrible even the one with leaves patterns (after seeing it again)!

As for the wedding favors, true enough its heart-shaped choc! And the worse is, the choc box is so ugly, it's white box with "Four Seasons" logo & writing on it. Reminds me of boxes of toiletries usually in hotel bathroom...
sad.gif

Sigh! We are now thinking of getting our own cards and favors (or at least change the box).

See how it goes..

leeds

Hi teatree,

Its $60/mth. Very good deal. Or if you have uob visa mini, can go free twice a month. Maybe you can try out before signing up. How how interested?
happy.gif

I dont know yet when I'll be getting my bands. Hopefully this July when my fiance comes back to SG. Now is just researching so I know what i want when he asks.
happy.gif
Seems like more difficult to care for platinum ah? Can get scratches too? sigh... better stick to white gold then, cheaper too so can get more diamonds! hehe...

What is picnic roll? i never heard of it leh...

Butterfly,

What's your working hour like? What do you teach? Your job sounds like fun and you seem to enjoy it a lot... makes me curious.
happy.gif

leeds

Serenity,

Your meeting with billy doesn't sound like it went too well. Sigh... I thought by now they would have come up with new cards and favours!! They are always so boring! I'm also thinking of getting my own cards. But wedding favours will stick to their chocs lah, my parents said they are good for guests to munch on before dinner is served. So, are you able to change the cards + favours for something else??

teatree

canny,

hahaha... come join us here
happy.gif

leeds, $60/month is quite expensive for a lazy gal like me
happy.gif
hehehe... i die die must go to at least one class every week if i decide to join. do you enjoy the classes? is it very crowded?

i tried aerobics before, was only 1 hour class but after 30 mins, i felt like dying. the instructor was so good, still got energy to talk while moving
happy.gif

yeah man! in place of platinum, you can have 1 row of diamonds. hehehe...

picnic roll is beef/chicken with cheese and egg wrapped with pastry skin. yum. i think kartika should have.

leeds

Canny,

Wedding is 9Jan 05 at FS.
happy.gif

Teatree,

I go 3 times a week normally.
happy.gif
The classes are very fun, and cos of the variety, I dont get bored lor. Classes are not crowded, there's a cap on the no of ppl who can attend the class. Yah its like that lah, when i first started i can only last 5min on the threadmill, now i can cycle for an hour! haha...
happy.gif
I love the feeling after a good work out.
happy.gif

canny

Leeds,

Ohohoho... u still have a long time to plan for
happy.gif
I cycle too at the gym in SF which has affliation with California Fitness. So whenever I go bac to SG I would go workout. However, these days I am more into Piyo.

teatree

leeds,

i can cycle and run but cannot take aerobics. are the classes very taxing? hahha... so paiseh, you know, if i can only last for 10 minutes.

3 times a week very good hor. no wonder you can lose weight.

canny, yeah man, we love bling so much! hee... i'm at work. you at home?

what's piyo by the way?

leeds

Teatree, If you can cycle and run then aerobics should be easy for you! Actually i've not tried aerobics at PF, only went for yoga and pilates. hmmm... maybe i'll go try out aerobics this weekend!
happy.gif

Canny, whats piyo? California is good too ah, a lot of classes and location very centralised. But i just cant get used to the idea of exercising where all the ppl from outside can see in! haha...

canny

Teatree,

I am at home now. Juz finished my dinner. Piyo is a combi of pilates and yoga.
happy.gif
Yupyup... we luv bling bling.

Leeds,
I dunno leh. But feel thet the gyms in SG are preety cramp. Mabbe... used to bigger gyms here.
happy.gif
So, how's wedding planning?

teatree

leeds,
seriously cannot leh. will be panting after the first 30 mins. i can cylce cos in seconday, i used to cycle a lot. stayed near east coast beach so almost every weekends go to the beach to cycle.

is there a trial class for PF? would love to try.

candi

hi girls, wow can't keep track with you all, the thread moves super fast. ha..ha

Leeds,
my parents also comes frm bandung, and all my relatives are there, nice and peaceful city, miss it's food so much, gepuk, siomay, batagor..yummy.

me too... attend class at PF cos' UOB member :)
yeap, very fun. I like the class more than push myself to run in treadmill, so boring... only can stand for 20 mins then feel fainted alreaey.

So u attend yoga and pilates, huh? i always attend body combat and body pump, fun and keep motivated looking at others.

i think about joining, shud i pay full for a year or monthly?

Teatree, and Serenity,
can see your wedding pict? pls send to [email protected]

Thanks

leeds

Teatree,

If you are really keen, i think i can bring you in for trial. Gotta ask first though. You want?
happy.gif

Candi,

Which branch do you go to normally? I've never tried body combat but i see the class quite packed usually, a bit worried might get kicked. haha... Wah you should try cycle challenge! cycling for one whole hour!! But really really good.
happy.gif
With uob card, you can only go twice a month right? Should just sign up for membership, its cheaper if you sign up for a year, $60/mth. Otherwise its abt $150/mth.

zhane

hi,candi

find ur name somehow appear in weddingku.com...hmm,,long time a go if i not wrong lhoo..is it right?
happy.gif

u married already yaa?
where u got ur pre-wedd shot?im still searching it in jakarta lhoo..

teatree

hi hi,

serious ah leeds? then can help me ask? hehehe... maybe will go for the cycling class. body combat sounds... err... tiring.

candi, check your mail! how about you? got any pictures to share with us?

also, want to join us on 20 may? we're meeting up. butterfly, leeds, serenity and me.

leeds

OK teatree... I'm going PF after work so will ask for you later.
happy.gif
When do you prefer to go? Weekday/ weekend? Btw, there's this spa inside PF at suntec so i'm going for a body massage later.
happy.gif

candi

teatree, thanks for the picts, v.v. nice, beautiful, too.
so u held yr wedding at Borobudur, Jakarta, huh? must be v.happening, u know indo style, he..he
So now, u stay in spore? buy a house here? me, thinking of buying also but still searching the location.

Leeds,
how's yr EG? oh yeah, heard that now, Se Ping won't receive so much order anymore. Is she one of the popular designer in Bandung?
Will you hold yr wedding here, won't u? Must be prepare for all yr relatives to come, cos family feud in Bandung is very close, rite?

I usually attend PF either far east or suntec. Yeap become a member is good, but i won't use it too often only be able to come during weekend cos i live and work in east side. Quite lazy if have to travel during weekdays. :)
But i like PF, new and fun. Is the cycle challange class interesting? only cycling, rite? did you sweat alot aft it?

Zhane,
yeap ur rite, used to browse weddingku to help me finding the vendor during my preparation.
You prepare yr wedding too? when and where?
You can send me email anytime, if you have questions.

U girls will meet up on may 20, rite? not sure if i can make it, but really love to, then can make frenz :)
anyway where is TOAST? which part of orchard? maybe i'd be able to drop by.

OK, girls, dinner time...
do you all cook? me not anymore, too lazy always eat out :-(

butterfly

Hi leeds,
Sorry to answer your question only at this hour. HA haa.. Udah basi ya.. Hee!

I'm working in a church kindergarten and my working hours is frome 7.45am - 3pm. BUt usually stays back to do some preparation. Then this week and next week, i have night classes. That's why can only log in at night. Now so sleepy already! HA haa..

So how are you? How's things going with you? Wedding prep so far so good?

Canny,
Welcome to the thread! So tell us more about yourself! =)

canny

Hi Butterfly,

Me an Indo Bride too lor. My wedding will be at FS this Dec. Currently, living in SF and planning my wedding in SF. Hehehe... the wedding planning exp. has been "hairy".

U working in SG?! Have u had ur wedding yet?

teatree

good morning ladies,

candi, hhaha... not that happening lah. yup i'm staying here but not buying a house cos there is a possibility we would want to migrate somewhere else
happy.gif

yeah yeah, what are you looking for? HDB or condo? in which area?

i cannot cook
sad.gif
so up until now still eating outside everyday. my last venture into cooking was a disaster, so will not try in the near future.

toast is at 2nd level ngee ann city. just next to tiffany's. can make it?

butterfly, what master course are you taking? sounds like a hectic life you got there.

leeds

Good morning gals.

Teatree, I found out from PF last night, can bring in a friend for a free trial, as long as i make prior arrangement with the consultant. So just tell me when you want to go and will arrange with the consultant ok.
happy.gif
I normally go every wednesday for my 2 fav classes, pilates & cycling. Want to go?
happy.gif

leeds

Candi, Yah i heard from my relatives Se Ping's designs a bit outdated now so we all change designers lor. But he's still very popular in bandung. You've made gowns there too? I'm holding my wedding in SG but wont be inviting many ppl from bandung. Like you said, bandung is very closely-knit! Everybody seems to know everybody else, thats why gossips travel so fast!! haha... So if i invite one, i gotta invite the other and end up inviting too many ppl, so to make things easier we are only officially inviting immediate relatives and whoever happens to be in SG at that time.
happy.gif

You should try cycle challenge class! great workout, really work out a sweat, and feel very "high" after that!
happy.gif
go try it out!

leeds

Butterfly, haha... no worries i know you can only reply at night. Your job sounds good, finish at 3!! wahh *envy! What night classes are you taking now? Busy busy busy ah... working and studying and preparing for wedding at same time. how do you cope?
happy.gif

teatree

hi canny,

yeah yeah yeah! it's friday!
happy.gif
and i'm taking leave on monday so it's a long weekend. how're you going to spend your weekend?

leeds,

when ah? next wednesday i can't cos got dinner with friends. how about next next wednesday? that's 12 may. and cycling sounds good.

which branch do you go to again?

leeds

Teatree,

OK 12 may then... I go to suntec sity branch after work, abt 6. There's pilates at 6.15 and cycling at 7.15. We confirm nearer the date lah...
happy.gif

teatree

leeds,

okie, suntec city branch, where is it exactly? hehehe.. sorry. probably i'll just go for the cycling cos i can only reach suntec the fastest around 6.45 pm.

canny

Teatree,

Me going to settle my engagement parties stuff this week-end lor. I have 2. 1 in Sf for our friends and 1 in LA for my folks' friends. So it is veri MESSY!
sad.gif
Where r u going for the long week-end?

leeds

Teatree, Suntec city 7th floor, take the lift from carrefour side.

Canny, when are your engagement parties? Is it like those in Indo where grooms' parents officially ask for bride's hand, then give some gifts etc, and 'di-kalungin'??
happy.gif

edksdid

hi anna, since u're fr medan, can i ask u a few questions...

i'm sporean, so i may be quite ignorance of the "common" things in indonesia, so pls pardon me.

are mostly chinese in medan hokkien?

do all indonesian chinese hv a chinese name besides their english name? i'm quite confused. last time i used to hv an indonesian classmate. she has english/malay name but she oso has typical chinese name eg. li cai lian. so actually their surname is following whose?

what's medan like? village or town? is it big?

felicity

edksd

ya most of the chinese ppl there do speak hokkien. its quite the same variety as the penang one so you may hv heard it if you have been to penang.

um.. just curious..why do you ask? are you planning on moving there?

some indo ppl hv a chinese name and some dun. the chinese name is the same as the names ppl hv in sg. the indo name is the surname - usually a variation of the chinese surname. english name usually is in english... but some of the indo ppl aer very assimilated into the indo culture then you say they hv more indo names... personally i find jakarta ppl more assimilated then other areas.. but then tt also varies...
why do you ask?

teatree

leeds,

okie okie. will sms you nearer the date.

err... i think the part where the groom's side gives the necklace is called lamaran. heheh... at least that's what i had. engagement party more like announcement to people that 2 persons are going to be married.

canny, well, look on the bright side, you'll miss all those hectic preparations once married
happy.gif

when are the receptions by the way?

i'm not going to do much. just tired of work. hehe..

canny

Leeds & Teatree,

My engagement parties are juz makan sessions. They are like make-up banquets for some pple who can't make it for our weddings in asia.
happy.gif
Hmmm... the one in SF is on July 31st and the one in LA is on Sept 5th. We are doing food tasting this week-end for the one in SF and finishing our DIY invitation cards for both parties.

Anna,

Me from Medan as well.
happy.gif

butterfly

Hi Canny,
I realise that a number of indonesian brides hold their wedding at FS ya? I personally haven't been there yet, so now wondering how the ballroom looks like. Is it a really big ballroom? Cosy and nice? Heee.. So curious..

It's good you're having your wedding in dec. So your relatives can come over for your wedding + the sale!!! HA haaa dec is such a good time for shopping! Heard that this year, the great spore sale will be longer than the usual. 2 1/2 months in total! HA haaa! I think so lah...

Teatree,
I'm taking early childhood studies for my masters. You planning for further studies after your grad?

So now that Rusmin's wedding is over, who's next ah? Heee.. Any 'bocoran' from araz?

Hi leeds,
Actually i don't know what to prepare for my wedding leh.. HA haaa.. These few weeks very relaxed about the wedding stuff. Haven't done anythg related to wedding, except for being a kaypoh in this forum! Haaa!

What time do you normally knock off from work? Mine finish at 3 cos i start early. Must wake up so early. So now even on sat and sunday, i also wake up early.. Hiksss... Want to zzz again, but cannot.. BUt then in the afternoon i get so sleep lorrr.. HAhaaa

canny

Hey Butterfly,

FS ballrorom is very nice. It is a reasonable size and I dun recall seeing pillars in the ballroom. One of the reasons I chose FS is that it caters for smaller banquets lor. I only have appx 25 tables.
happy.gif
Have you had ur wedding?

Yeah... I chose Dec cause itz easier for my fiance and I to ask for vacation time from our companies.
happy.gif
I totally forgot about the SALE. After hearing wat u said.... I think the SALE is a BIG BONUS for us.
happy.gif