Indonesian Brides!!

dolphin48

haha......finally at least someone understands the situation i'm in.

I'm 29 this year and my BF is same age as me.
What does your dad's company sell? Be a housewife? hmm..... that's what most indonesian gals in indo will be after married. But in Sg, i think it's quite tough unless you don't want to live in luxury....

So do you plan to move back to Indo? It seems most of my cousins are planning to do just that... go back and start some small biz on their own.....
For me, i doubt i can get used to the life there...too much traffic jams and too slow for me....

limko

My Dad's company sells valves and hardwares! Yup, I don't dream of living in luxury and having 3 maids to take care of my kids and house. Just wanna be stress free, I don't mind a stress free job.

I dunno if I will get use to life in Indo but if my BF decides to go back one day. I will have to follow him.

OH NO! Dread the day that it comes. Hahaha!

dolphin48

haha...... actually when i was younger, i used to dream that i'll marry someone from indonesia and then i don't need to work and be a tai tai there....but after my short trip back there again last year, somehow, the feeling is different. I still like the place, the food etc but i can't stand the jam and the time wasted waiting around... having spend most of my life here and getting used to having things done with the snap of your fingers and the comforts and ease of transportation, somehow, the lifestyle in indo doesn't really appeal to me anymore. In fact, i can't wait to come back after just spending 4 days there...haha... so i told my mum, you can forget about me moving back there cos it's not gonna happen. but i missed the food there, esp the real nasi padang and salak (my favourite fruit).
Hey, i tot working for your dad should be fun. At least you don't get to face a shitty boss...

limko

Hi Daphne,

Wahhh, so busy today! Went to see Thomson Bridal and also an Interior ID. Always thought that planing a wedding and house is so much fun but it is definitely a hassel too and get to fight with BF all the time.

Luckily all went "quite" smoothly.....how was your day?

dolphin48

Hi limko

wah, you not working today ah? can go see bridal shop and ID? ya, when it comes down to actual planning, it's not fun rite?

limko

Hi Daph,

No lah, I was working yesterday but my office is near Thomson Plaza. Hehehe, actually took an extended lunch hour! Yup, actual planning is no fun! No wonder all those brides all so stressed especially all their BFs do not help at all.....

My BF expects me to do all the research and then he will come and place so many restrictions and say this no good, that no good! Sometimes, just wanna throw my research notebook at him and tell him to marry himself. Hahaha!

How is your day? Today is Friday! Hurray!

dolphin48

yup, guys are always not keen to help out and all they do is either say yes, ok or anything.

can't wait for Friday evening to come and then it's party time!

So what do you actually do in the office?

limko

I am in sales and marketing so sometimes, u will see me disappear and that is when i go out for sales visit. Other than that, I prepare quotations, call up customers and do some paperwork in the office. But yesterday there was a problem with our company server so I had to go oversee the fixing.

What r u gonna do in the weekend? Have a good one! I think I will be visiting customer in a while then I will knock off.......

Hi Limko and Daphne,

I'm an Indonesian bride too.. would like to ask 4ur opinion. In your wedding invitation/thank u cards/wedding favors, do u put the bride's name 1st or the groom's? this issue is becoming a very thorny issue between me and my fiance =(

limko

Hi Beary,

I am not so sure about that. Why don't you look at some threads about invitation cards? I can check with my sister though but I think if you are a traditional family then usually the groom's name comes first.

but it also depends on who is paying for the banquet. If your parents are paying, then maybe have to yr name first.

greenisfresh

hi gals,

i'm back. I choose the photos already. very difficult. They shoots 276. In the end, i choose 58 only. *sigh..

how's everyone doing?

limko

HI Everyone,

Sorry for the no-show. Company had server problems so was not able to surf net for 3 days. I almost died! Hehehe! Glad to be back up and running! I guess everyone has gone for their weekend, have a good one.

Oh Kwan, congrats on yr PS. Hmm, 276 pics. Yup, very hard to choose. Dun you wish you can choose everything. My sis spent the whole day at the BS just choosing pics. So, which BS are you with?

Hi Beary,

How is your invitation cards problem coming along?

Hi Limko,

I tried asking around about the 'whose name should be 1st' issue, and the response I get is pretty mixed. There's another bride who posted a similar question in the 'advice by the expert' thread and the wedding planner said if both parties are paying 4the wedding, then it shld b the bride's name 1st. In western culture, usually its also the bride's name 1st.

But as u said, it depends on who's paying also... In my case, the wedding cost is divided equally between me and my fiance. So some ppl told me my name shld b written 1st, as a sign of courtesy n respect from my fiance...as in ladies 1st...but he and his family said the other way around. sigh...so far, the only conclusion we got was to print 2 sets of invitation cards. One with his name 1st, another with my name 1st. So silly right... =(

limko

Hi Beary,

Is it so important for the both of you to have your names printed first? I guess I don't mind if my BF's name is printed first because I am from a traditional family so usually chinese custom requires the guy's name to be put first.

If you can't resolve the issue, printing 2 sets of invitation might be the best idea. Don't need to fall out because of a small issue like this.
happy.gif
Cheers

dolphin48

Hi limko,

how are you? i've been busy the last few days cos my aunts are all in sg. they came from medan. so have been eating the "wonton" noodles and "bakmi"... sigh....

limko

Hi Daphne,

I am ok! Just feeling really down these two weeks becos of wedding preps. I think my MIL and me "chiong". Dunno why she must always be opposite of me all the time. Maybe, she thinks I am always opposite of her.....hehehe! Just have to keep cool and positive, I guess.....

Wah, must be fun to have all your aunties here! how are prapartions coming along?

Oh Kwan, forgot to mention, share your photos with us?

dolphin48

Hi Limko,

hehe....have been doing nothing much for the wedding prep actually....besides going to the gym to lose the fats....if they ever get lost! haha...
aiyah, i think it's common to have MIL clash with DIL. For me, no clash cos we are still like strangers and i only see her once a month or less cos my bf comes to my place more often than i go to their place! but then cos i'm staying with MIL so i'm also quite worried..... but never mind, i'm working so at most if clash also only at nights cos weekends i'll go back to my mum. ha ha...

greenisfresh

hi limko and daphne,

although this wedprep is very tiring, we must think that this big project positively and have fun doing it otherwise we will regret it somehow in the future.

gimme your email address, i'll send some photos..

i lose weight about 3 kg. but i didn't notice until i went to my beautician for MDA yesterday..

btw.. i've put deposit with stefii's. I like their work. Josephine also a very nice person and give me a lot of ideas. I'm finally got the florist.

Now it's the time for me to make the invitation. Currently deciding on the wordings. any idea gals where to find samples?

sindo

hi all,

i've just joined and indo gal myself.

Planning for wedding in 2006 with my M'sian bf but date not confirmed yet.

Still reading most of the articles here and try to get more info. So much to know and to do, I'm trying to find short-cuts cos i'm lazy to arrange lah.

limko

Hi Daphne,

Wah, you are so nice! Can run back to mommy whenever you kenna bully! Hee Hee! Luckily for me, my MIL is in Indo so even less chances for me to see here next time. Where do you go gym? I need to start going regularly in order to lose fat and look fit......wah, but so hard to start

Hi Kwan,

Ya, its true that better enjoy or regret it. I keep reminding myself that but its really hard when someone else is planning your wedding and its a once in a lifetime thing. Well, gotta trust in the Lord more. Oooo, my email add is [email protected]. Looking forward to viewing your pretty pics. Oh, how much did you spend on the deco for the church? Maybe will need a contact if I can convince my MIL to let me have a church wedding here.

Hi Vivi,

Welcome! Where are you originally from n when is your BIG day? Don't worry about the wedding preps, there are lots of info on this website alone. And most people are so friendly, you just have to ask to get help.

vvbbb

hi all,

Sorry MIA after my first post. I forgot my password so re-register.

Limko,
I'm originally from Jakarta but my parents are from Kalimantan.

My AD is tentatively 25 March but now still looking for venue (still nego with hotel) but booked Church already.

Kwan, can share your photos with me too? my email is [email protected]

I am still undecided too on what language to use for church. English, for sure. But my parents don't understand English and I am inviting some relatives from back home. So it's either Eng & Indo or Eng-Chinese.

How about you guys?

vvbbb

Kwan,

Do brides have to lose weight before wedding? or is it natural that after all the planning and research, brides tend to lose weight? I have been putting on weight since i'm with my bf cos keep on going out and eat.

Btw, what BS do you all use? I am going to the Wedding Present tomorrow to take a look at their gown and visited Divine Couture a few weeks ago.

greenisfresh

How's everyone doing? i oso mia.. coz i forgot abt this forum. huehuehue

Hi Tweety,
i've deleted my photo already. i'll let you know again when i post them up.

Hi vivi,
i don't do any diet programme. now, i haven't lose my weight. but near to my photo shoot i lose 3 kg.. and gain 3 pimples.. kekeke

I think when you have too much thing to do or think.. you will lose by your self. these 2 days i can't sleep very well.. think too much on my flower and theme.

i use Irene creation and O Studio.

As my church is indonesian services, i'll use bahasa indonesia although i invited some singaporean as well. But they are just about 10% of my guest. so, in order not to distract the whole session.. i choose to have 1 languange. during the dinner, i'll ask the MC to speak using both indo and english
happy.gif

limko

Hi All,

Tot this thread inactive already! Anyways, the past couple of weeks were terible. Was not in Singapore for more than a week.......

Help, still not decided on WG yet...how are you preparations coming along? Daphne, have you had your PS?

wyy

hi limko....u are the one worshipping in wesley right??

did u attend the PMC cos I saw a few Indonesian BTB there

butterfly

Hi girls!

It's been a long time since i last logged in.

Kwan, you're esther right? Hehehehe.. How? Have you ordered the catering? Got the one that you want? If you need help, let me know..

Vivi, about the language thing.. It's really not easy deciding on the language. My church wedding was very complicated. Multi-language service. Hahaha... What happened was, i registered my marriage in church (not in the ROM place). So only the English/sporean pastor had the license to register marriages in church. So for the main part where i exchanged vows, sign papers, etc, we did it in english. But the sermon, blessings and prayers were in Indonesian. Then I asked the children's choir to sing in mandarin cos my in-law's main language was mandarin. HAhahaa.. So there we have it - 3 languages under 1 roof. HAhahaa.. What is most important is that you enjoy the wedding. Don't worry too much about your guests who won't understand the language. They are there to admire you! =)

limko

Hi YY,

Yes, worshipping in Wesley. Was there a few Indonesian brides at the first MPC? Anyways, I was the one that came in late and sat at the right hand corner. How do I recognize you tmr?

Hi Daphne,

Managed to lose weight already? Must be so exciting! I have not decided on my gown design yet so I have not gone for the fitting. Have not even found fabric and all.

Hi Vivi,

I agree with butterfly. Actually it does not matter that all your guests understand the service cos they are happy to just be there and celebrate the event with you. I dun think that watching the vows being spoken in a language I dun understand will make it less romantic and touching.

limko

Sorry, wrong person. Hmm, how many Indo brides were there? Hahaha! My FH name is not Adi. What did you think of our instuctor? Good or not? Have you gotten the pastor who will marry you? anyways, see u tonight!

wyy

so i think last tues u wearing brown is it??

I sitting near the speaker controller...by right u shld have seen me cos last week David on the music....I wearing black.

For Indo BTB, I am sitted with an Indo Couple whose FH is Adi.

limko

ooooo, I did not notice. Sorry! I was at the other end, near the piano, wearing white top with a black cardigan. Today, I am wearing a light blue top, sleeveless and grey pants....hee hee.

wyy

hmm...good i wearing white and jeans....try to get the same seat....me dun like changes too much...BTW our instructor is one of Wesley cousellor....so to say good or not is up to individual.

vvbbb

hey YY,

didn't know u r indonesian (saw u in BS thread).
A couple of my friends go to Wesley, Dani (Mi'ing) one of friend i know, play guitar there.MOst oof the pp in wesley (indo) i know cos we're from ORPC previously
happy.gif

wyy

eh...viv sorri me not Indonesian but in this thread to look for Limko cos she attending the same PMC class as me....
happy.gif
happy.gif

I am happy to know you have so many friends from Wesley, have you been there?

limko

Hi YY,

were you the one wearing glasses and had a ponytail on yesterday? Maybe we shld con tinue this conversation thru email. Paiseh, taking up forum space. My email is [email protected] or if u have yahoo or msn messenger

limko

Hi,

How is everyone doing? So long never update you guys! Well, I am takign a rest from wedding planning. Been to all the bridal shops in Singapore (well almost) and now just waiting for chance to go back Indo to make wedding gown....
happy.gif

limko

well, I chose to do it in Indo because I find that for the same level of elaborate, it is indeed cheaper to get a gown in Indo but I am talking about surabaya. For jakarta, I heard that it is just as expensive. I chose to do it in Indo because I can't find a gown here that is elaborate enough for my Mom and so I just buy local mags and bring to Indo to show the designer. hehehe! Cos I can't find a design I like in Indo.

Wat about you? Where you getting your gown?

vvbbb

hi limko,

I seldom go back indo/jakarta now so i think it's safer to get here. My cousin just sms me, she visited China and the gowns there are soooo cheap. My mum asked my cousin to buy 2 dresses for herself - for 500 yuan (she said it's abt S$100 for 2 dress). She told me that for 1500yuan i could get elaborate one already. But... too lazy lah... tempted but... don't want to keep a dress. So will rent here maybe.

hi Kwan, how's ur honeymoon?
btw, can share your wedding pic too? my email is [email protected]
i go to indonesian service too, ORPC.

But dunno leh (ehm, singlish liao) but I don't enjoy the wedding process hehehee.. more excited abt my flat renovation. So will leave everything last minute i guess. Buuut, looking forward to cutting real cake and eat the cake after that hehehe... yummy...

limko

wahhh, so long never come in here.

Hi Kwan,

Congratulations on your wedding! Any Wedding pictures to share? Where did you go for you honeymoon? Lucky you, can tak eleave for so long, I don't think I can go to honeymoon right after the wedding.

HI viv,

Yup Yup, gowns in China are very cheap....but you must know where to buy lah.

Ya, I am getting less excited about my wedding too. Causing too much friction with my FH and MIL. I attend Wesley Methodist, quite near to ORPC. I heard that lots of indonesians there. You attend the Indo service, right?

limko

Hi Kwan,

Ya, still around but I seldom go into this thread becos as you can see, its very quiet. Anyways, gonna see your pics and congrats again