Indonesian Brides!!

butterfly

Hi cloud,
Thanks... I was quite stiff during the first few shoots. But the photographer encouraged us to smile and smile and smile.. So my teeth were so dry at the end of the day.. HA haa!

How are you? Still busy with work??

Candi,
Happy new year to you too! So excited that this is 2004. It's going to be an exciting year for me!! Heee...

poohtigger

Hi everybody!!
happy.gif

I'm new here, I'm also an Indonesian bride. Any recommedation on a good Bridal Shop?
Thx

butterfly

Hi Winny,
A warm welcome to you!!! When's your wedding? Are you having it in Indonesia or here? Booked the venue already?

As for your question, hiks hiks, unfortunately i can't help you.. I bought my wedding gown in Melbourne. So i know absolutely nothing about bridal shops here.. HAhaaa!

leeds

Hello all,

Quite surprised to find an indonesian bride thread here. Hehe...
happy.gif
My wedding is in Jan05.

Hi butterfly, just read that you are astrid from grii. Funny.... i think you are my brother's friend! And i go to grii sometimes too. Small world ehh....

Hi winny, it really depends on the budget. I heard a lot of great reviews on TanYoong gowns but its really on the high side. If you've got time why don't you go wedding shows, I think there's 1 coming up Style wedding show or something.

teatree

hi hi...

winny, hhmm..what kind of gowns do you like? from there, you can narrow your choices
happy.gif

butterfly, looooooooong time no 'see'. how are you?

leeds, have you visited tan yoong? read that you're interested in renting a gown from tan yoong.how the SATC? i'm still on you know. maybe we can just arrange to meet at the forum. so hard to get you on the phone. hehe..

leeds

Hi teatree,

hehe... I expected to see you here! Actually I haven't visited his shop, but saw pics online plus all the positive reviews make me so tempted to rent a gown. Like I said, I'm really not confident of my BS! Very worried abt the end results. But I dunno how much and I gotta wait for my fiance to come back to make the decisions lor.

Yes yes I still want the SATC!! hmmm... how to meet?

teatree

leeds,

hehehe.... i'm so predictable ah?

where do you work? i stay near orchard so i can always meet you after work. just let me know when you're free. maybe if we hit it off (hahaha...), we can grab a cup of coffee or something, after i pass you the cds.

hhmm... tan yoong does charge sky high. maybe you can wait until your first fitting and see how your half made gown looks like. if it turns out not up to your expectations, there's always tan yoong.

leeds

Hi teatree,

hehe not predictable lah, we seem to meet each other in other threads also, seems like we have similar interests ie. shopping, diamonds, gowns. hehe
happy.gif
Sounds good... how abt this thursday/friday? After work around 7? I work at millenia tower but we can meet in orchard. So funny me first time meeting people over the net like this.
happy.gif

teatree

hi leeds,

thursday can? friday i have another appointment. around 7 sounds good
happy.gif
. haha... i'll have to let you know what i'm wearing that day. which part of orchard?

eerr... what season do you want? i have not burned seasons 5 and 6, so maybe can give you seasons 1 to 4 first?

leeds

Hi teatree,

Want to meet at wheelock place at the entance of borders then can have coffee at olio dome? Say at 7. Anybody else want to join in?
happy.gif
I actually want all the seasons but you can give me whatever that you have first.

leeds

Hi viancis,

Of cos can join. Me too just joined this thread today... So where was the wedding? Any pics to share with us?
happy.gif

teatree

leeds,

can can
happy.gif
so sorry but seasons 1 to 4 first yah? i'll try to burn the rest as soon as i have time. anyway, i'll pm you my new hp number. in the mean time, it is this thursday at the entrance of borders.

viancis, i'm also married but still here. heee...

butterfly

Hi leeds,
Interesting interesting... So who's your brother? He goes to grii often? Such a small world! So which church do you go to now? We may have seen each other before.. Haaaa...

Teatree,
Yes long time no see! How are you? How's school? Final sem ah? Stress that the exam is coming or happy that this is going to be your final sem? He heeee...

I'm now in the midst of doing the invitation card and selecting the menu for catering.. So confusing.. So many tiny details to handle.. HA haa..

Hi viancis,
So when was your wedding? In spore or in indo? Now working in spore?

leeds

Good morning all!

Teatree, see you!
happy.gif

Butterfly, My bro is rio. Younger brother. He doesn't go to grii, he goes to presbyterian, but I go to grii sometimes. Think you might have come to my house before! hehe... Really small world. So how's wedding prep? Which hotel? Which bridal? Any pics to show?? Wahh so many questions....
happy.gif

teatree

good morning
happy.gif

butterfly, waaaaahh... so exciting! decided on your invite design? have you started printing them?

which church do you go to now? i never see you in presby leh...

i'm not in final year. next year then final year. sigh.... now having a taste of working life. so boring! prefer school any time.

leeds, see ya!
happy.gif
will let you know what i'm wearing on thursday. haha... so exciting! this is also my first time meeting someone from the internet.

edksdid

Hi, I'm sorry to post this here. But I hope you can help me as I dont know the language.

SUMBER PIRANTI, PT
Is this a company name? Does it says what company is tt?

What does these words mean?
1. Bambang
2. Kantor Pusat
3. Kantor Cabang/Bengkel/Pabrik
4. Umum
5. Keterangan

Thank you v much.....

leeds

Hi teatree,

Oh you go to presby too? Did you go last week? I was there for good friday cos my bro performed.
happy.gif

Better enjoy your schooling life, working sucks. I miss my school days. sigh...

butterfly

Hi leeds,
Waaat? Your bro is rio? Heee.. Do you look exactly like your bro? Cos now i'm imagining the girl version of rio. HA haaa.. So interesting! I never knew that rio has a big sister. I haven't been to your house, i think. BUt i know a lot of my friends from the same 'gang' from remaja, visited your bro's place often. Cos it's so convenient, right in the city!

So how long have you been in spore?

Teatree,
Now i go to grii. No more presby. BUt i'm now attending the premarital course with pak jonny at presby. Hehee.. Don't know where we belong - grii or presby.. HA haaaa.. Well, we are all one big family anyway.

Oooh you're not in final sem ah? Whopssiee.. Tot you are.. HA haaa.. So how's married life so far? Loving it? I can't wait for mine!

leeds

Hi butterfly,

Haha... No I dont think I look like rio at all. Yah true rio's friends often come over to our place and stay overnight too! Sigh sometimes so noisy when they are playing PS2. hehe.... So when's your wedding? Done all the preps? Is it held in singapore or indo or both?

viancis

hey edksd,
I did sent a private message to you with the explanation.

Anyway, here is my version.
SUMBER PIRANTI, PT = company name, doesn't state what kind of product/service they dealing with.

What does these words mean?
1. Bambang = a person name
2. Kantor Pusat = central/main office
3. Kantor Cabang/Bengkel/Pabrik = branch office/workshop/factory
4. Umum = general
5. Keterangan = explanation / notes

teatree

hi hi ladies,

leeds, i told my hubby about your brother.rio and guess what? my hubby also knows him! too bad he couldn't remember whether rio has a sister. hehe...

butterfly, married life ah? now gotta share the bed
sad.gif
. haha... i think it's more fun than before marriage.

are you working now? where?

leeds

Hi teatree,

So you and hubby always go to presby?? Yah my bro is very active there. So you all probably know each other. So paiseh. hehe... Do you join the remaja or pemuda group?

teatree

leeds,

i'm not active one. my husband used to be a sunday school teacher. i don't think i have seen your brother. since my husband and i got together, we went to the english mass more often. you still go to presby? there's a very high chance that we've seen each other but didn't recognize.

hey, do you still speak bahasa indonesia?

leeds

Teatree,

Yah I still speak bahasa indo at home. How abt you? I go to presby once in a while, usually when my bro is performing or something. Otherwise i go to grii.

Wahh you and butterfly very young married already eh. Did you have the church reception at presby?

butterfly

Hi leeds,
I'm now wondering if i've ever seen you before in grii. Do you go there regularly? What's your name ah? He heee.. So i can kaypoh kaypoh ask around! HA haaaa.. Who knows we have actually met before.. =)

My wedding will be on 3rd July. And it'll be in presby. I've actually asked rio to be the coordinator for taking care of the orpc (remaja) friends that i may be inviting. HA haaa.. Don't know if he still remembers or not..

You leh? Did you say you're married already? Or going to be married ah? When was/is your wedding?

Teatree,
You said your hubby USED to be a sunday sch teacher? You mean now he's no more a sunday school teacher ah? I thought he is very active..

I'm now working in a church kindergarten. My background is actually in computing, but i'm so in love with teaching. So that's the reason why i ended up in a church kindergarten lor.. HA haaa.. But working there is really fun. There's never a boring day.. Always full of fun and laughter especially working with children who are so adorable! HA haa...

butterfly

Teatree,
Thanks for the photos! Now looking at them! Such a pretty bride! Heee... So much pressure for my big day... =)

edksdid

hi viancis, thanks for the translation. v much appreciated.

hi teatree, can i take a look at ur photos too? i think i read somewhere tt ur gown is from KS. wld love to take a look
happy.gif

[email protected]

leeds

Hi butterfly,

Hehe... Probably never seen me before lah. I'm not active in church at all. And I only recognize you from all those group photos that rio has. Me kaypoh sister must look at his photo collection.
happy.gif
Wahh 3 July is in 3mths time! Must be quite hectic with all the last min preparation now ah? Are you having any dinner reception? Have you done your photo shoot? Must share pics with us ok.

Church kindergarten sounds fun! So you and hubby going to settle in singapore after wedding?

No lah I'm not married yet, wedding is in Jan05.
happy.gif

teatree

hi hi ladies,

leeds, i speak bahasa indonesia very often of course. only in office or school, i speak in english.

i see... are you going to have a church wedding in presby or grii?

butterfly, yeah, he's no more a sunday school teacher. hehe... don't know why he decided to stop teaching after he started working. always complain very tired on weekends.

church kindergarten sounds so fun! but that's is you like children, me definitely cannot. what do you teach? read that you're doing a master course at the same time?

oiiii! you're also very pretty. i love love love your melbourne ps
happy.gif
and you did your own make up rite? i had lots of help from a professional make up artist.

edksd, you have photos to share with us? anyway, i sent the link to you.

poohtigger

Hi Teatree, Leeds and Butterfly,

Wow, this forum has become active again. So sorry for the late reply, as I thought no body will reply me he .. he..

Anyway, I am thinking of taking Bridal Veil as my BS and now considering Four Season as the venue.
Anybody has any experience with 4Season or Bridal Veil?
I'm also considering Irene's creation. Any comments on them?

Hey, do give me your wedding photo, my email addy is [email protected]

Talk to you girls soon.

chaoo

butterfly

Hi leeds and teatree,
So how was your meeting today? Hee.. FiInally got to see each other? Teatree, i think it's also time we get to meet up ah? Hee.. Your hubby is somewhat related to me, and yet i've never met his wife.. HA haaa...

Leeds,
Actually ah, these few months i haven't been doing anythg related to wedding leh. Maybe later during the last few weeks, then will get stressed! HA haaa.. I've done the photo shoot in Melbourne. Got my WG from melb too. Venues are already settled. Now the major things that are not done yet are the invitation cards and guest lists. I'm lost about the other things that need to be done.. HA haa.. One by one lah..

How about you?

Teatree,
Must practice from now how to deal with children. HA haa.. Working with children really tests my patience! BUt i think your darling should be an expert in this field also ah!

Yes i'm also doing my master.. HAhaa.. Lots of readings and assignments.. BUt i do enjoy it, so it's not too bad lah..

So when do we get to meet up? =)

teatree

hi ladies,

butterfly, yah lor! my husband loves kid sooo much. always playing with strangers' children, up to the point where i think the mothers of those children are scared of him cos he looks so interested in their children. hehe... me is quite the opposite! don't really like children. so babies are still a long way from now.

what master course are you taking? teaching? since you love doing it.

i didn't meet leeds in the end
sad.gif
hey, i'm very game to meet up leh....

teatree

winny,

hi hi! when is your wedding? bridal veil sounds good. very vera wang-like wedding gowns. went there during my bridal hunt and the material they use is just so lush! can't go wrong with BV. hahaha.... sounds like i'm promoting them.

anyway, i've sent you the link to my online photos
happy.gif

leeds

Good morning gals,

Winny, I'm taking four seasons too! I love the ballroom
happy.gif
Have you spoken with any coordinator? Mine is Billy Yap, he's not too bad, but very very inflexible. Heard a lot abt Bridal veil, should be quite good. But I simply love Irene creation's WGs!! They are gorgeous!! I really love those floaty gowns! But didnt sign up with them in the end cos fiance & I didn't feel comfortable with the designer and adding all the embroidery, crystals etc would be out of our budget lor.
sad.gif

Butterfly, are you in melbourne now? Doing masters there now? Yay will take a look at the pics later.
happy.gif
I guess you've already settled most of the preps ah. I also very confused dont know what else to do with the wedding.
No teatree and I didnt get to meet yesterday. Next time definitely!

Teatree, haha.... but its good that your hubby likes kids, shows the gentle side in a man hor. haha....

leeds

Butterfly,

Glanced thru your pics already. Wahhh nice nice nice. Will see in more detail later at home. Can show to rio too? hehe....

butterfly

Hi teatree,
HAaa.. Your darling loves children so much! I'm sure you'll fall in love with children soon too! I used to hate kids too. But don't know how come now can be the opposite! Ha haaaa!

I'm taking Masters in early childood education. Very fun but also tiring...

Hi leeds,
I'm in spore now. My fiance flew over to melb for my graduation last dec, so we decided to have the photo shoot in melb since we'll both be there.. And yes of course you can show the pics to rio..

Hi winny,
SOrry can't give any suggestions and recommendations with regards to Bridal shops... Haa.. Hope you find a suitable one.

poohtigger

Hi Teatree,

Thanks sooo much for the photos, they are really good.
happy.gif
and you look so pretty.

Leeds...

When's your wedding? Billy Foo is also my coordinator. He doesn't sound inflexible though. uhm.. Anyway, are you having a chinese dinner or buffet?

Butterfly,

No worries
happy.gif
And can I see your photos?

tanlea

hi gals

do you invite your indonesian relatives to your wedding in SG?

my hubby's mother is from Indonesia, so she is inviting her siblings/cousins over to SG.

which accomodation do you put them up at ? do you pay for their accomodation?

thanks

butterfly

Hi BlueAngel,
Yes my fiance and i are inviting our relatives from indonesia. And it all depends on each relative their preffered place of stay. Some of them might have already booked a hotel in spore. So you don't have to worry about them. BUt some of them who are not very familiar with spore, may request that you book them a place to stay of certain budget. Usually your hubby's mom will know their budget (high end hotels or places like YMCA). And most of the time, they will pay for it. Don't worry about Indonesians. We are not kiasu like sporeans who usually takes opportunity like this to get free stay. HAhaa!

Are you indonesian yourself? I think we chatted before in another thread right? Heeee.. Long time no see..

Anyway, back to the topic, for those relatives who can afford to fly over to spore, they would usually prefer not to go, rather than troubling another person. Indonesians are like that. We don't like to trouble people.. So better not go rather than being a burden to another.

So these are the general overview of Indonesian relatives.. HAaa.. I think the other indonesians in this thread may have other suggestions..

hwey

BlueAngel

You have to assess your Indonesian relatives based on past observations. My father used to be an Indonesian but obtained citizenship here and my mum is a Singaporean. Except for my father's immediate family, all other relatives are in Indonesia. They are not poor by any standards. They have their own restaurants and trading business.

But for my wedding, my sister's wedding and my cousins' weddings, they demanded the same things. That is, they wanted to be invited (which is fine for me), they wanted accomodation provided at Westin/Pan Pac/Mandarin (since we are providing accomodation, shouldn't we have some say in it?), and they wanted $X as spending money for everyday that they are here. In the end, we even have to give them $500 per couple to wrap as Ang Pow to give back to us.

The most nasty thing is a few years back when they were here for one of my cousin's wedding. They went to a country club (which my aunt is a member) and gambled. Seems that they lost so much that the cty club people didn't allow them to leave. In the end, my father, uncles, aunts had to pool money to bail this particular relative out of the situation.

tanlea

hi butterfly

Are you in the July 04 brides thread?
happy.gif

Actually I rather fly over to indonesia to hold a simple wedding dinner ... there will be 20 relatives in Indonesia. At least, everyone saved and I need not worry about the logistics. Sigh.

Sorry to intrude in this thread here. It is my MIL who used to be from Indonesia, think now she is Singapore resident.

Hi Hwey

How come your relatives like that one? So demanding. A bit scary leh. You must have so much headache and stress.

I dunno what to expect from my Indonesian relatives cos this is the 1st wedding in Singapore for this generation ... meaning my husband is the eldest in his generation and the 1st to get married in SG lah.

leeds

Butterfly, thanks for sharing your pics! They are so nice!!

Hi winny,

My coordinator is Billy Yap not Billy Foo, dont think its the same person? Anyway, we all thought he's very inflexible, tried to ask for free seat covers cannot, free barrel of beer also cannot, waive corkage charge also cannot. Sigh... Have you signed up with FS yet? Any extra perks? Mine would be chinese dinner not buffet, but haven't decided on the menu yet.

Blueangel,

I'll be inviting relatives from indo too. Since we are only inviting close relatives, we have to get hotel rooms and even air tix for them lor. But lucky no need for spending money like Hwey!! But like what butterfly said, I think indonesians are quite reasonable ah, so if we give them hotel room and air tix, they will give a bigger angpao so as to cover the costs.

butterfly

Hi BlueAngel,
Yes yes yess.. I'm also from july04 thread. That's why i was wondering where i had chatted with you before.. HAhaa.. Now i know..

So how's your preparation going?

About having a simple wedding in indonesia, is a really good idea. Then you and hubby at the same time can have a holiday in indonesia too! Maybe a honeymoon to Bali? Cheap and good! HA haa...