Indonesian Brides!!

butterfly

Hi girls,
Seems like there are quite a few indonesian brides here and married indonesian ladies.. MAybe we can all join this thread and help one another with wedding preparation!

Some of the girls that i know: teatree, oneightyear, margo, sienny (i don't know your nickname here..), cute_devil, etc etc..!! I'm sooo excited!!

butterfly

Sorry forgot one other indonesian lady i know.. And she's married! So can ask her lots of questions! HAaa.. --> Rhs.

And i think sienny is also married right.. What's your nick by the way dear??

oneighthyear

oneighthyear reporting
happy.gif

What's the topic to discuss today ???
But don't think many girls will join in cause
teatree went back to Indo already rite, think Rhs is on her honeymoon.
Eh margo margo where are you
happy.gif

oneighthyear

Hi all,
delight you are married already? Care to share
your pics with me? [email protected]
Did you have your wedding in Indonesia or in Singapore?

Esprit are you married also??

Hmmm what topic yah? How about how to tune your TV to get Indonesian channel cause have not been able to watch any channel huaaaaaa
happy.gif

delight

Oneightyear,

You've got mail.... I only had my wedding in Singapore.... I must say it was quite interesting to fetch 30 relatives in World Trade Centre...

oneighthyear

hi caroline, thanks have received your mail. Your photos are great, love the red colour theme, it's beautiful. You must be very happy
happy.gif

Wah you fetched 30 people yah? For our ROM we had a total of 15 guests and we both already felt it was really overwhelming ha ha ha ha.....
Is your husband Singaporean or Indonesian? Both me and hubby are Indonesian and have been in Spore for about 8 years. What about you guys??

esprit

Hi oneightyear and caroline
Thanks for the photos. You both looked very nice.

oneightyear,
when is your customary?

butterfly

Hi esprit!
Good to see you here!

Caroline, how was your wedding? Where was it? I'm sure it was a really good wedding! So where are you and hubby living now? And you're working too? HA haa.. I've got so many questions ah??

Candi, welcome to the thread! Glad you can join us here! So when was your wedding? November? So have you gone for your honeymoon?

Oneightyear,
Rhs went for her honeymoon? Waaah.. I didn't know.. She and hubby must be having fun now! When are you going back to indo? Soon right? Hee..

Oh ya, in spore, my tv got indonesian channels. But only sctv and rcti. I think because i live in east coast area, so it's quite near batam.. That's why can get the reception.. My dad and i love to watch indo channel. But mom is always sayng "better watch english channel, so can practice english!" Ha haa!

delight

Hi oneightyear,

Hey share your ROM photos with me... can? I married a Singaporean hubby... Yes 30 relatives was overwhelming... Cause everyone wanted to do different things... But thanks to my dearest cousins I managed... Oh.. my email is [email protected]

Hi Candi,

can share your photos with me? My email is [email protected]

Esprit,
Thank you...

Butterfly,
I think I enjoyed my wedding so much that I wanted to do it again! Hahahah! One biggest tip is to go for a body scrub and massages a day before your wedding. I was so calm cause I managed to relax myself before the wedding! It was at Grand Copthorne Waterfront... I fell in love with the Garden View... My hubby and I live at Jurong East now... I live opposite my MIL house... So we can still have dinner with them every night.. Hhahahah Yes dear... I am working.. hahahh!

candi

Caroline,
thanks for the picts, u looked amazing!!
I just married last Sept in Jkt, the photographer has finished the photos but all still in there. Will send it to u aft i receive it.

Oneineightyear and esprit,
do u mind to send me?

butterfly,
how's yr preparation yet? ready for PS?

butterfly

Hi caroline,
Seems like you enjoyed your wedding so much ya! Hope i'll get to relax before my wedding. Today is actuallu my brother's wedding here in melbourne. He's been staying up late with his fiancee to do some last minute stuff.. So poor thing.. They had so little sleep.. Can't wait to go for their wedding this afternoon!

Wah so nice you live near you MIL. So no need to cook every night hor.. HA haa! Then if got baby, can always send them to your MIL's house.. Very convenient! I'm now looking for a house as well. Don't really have any particular area that my darling and i both like.. But it's just so difficult to get a good house..

Candi,
I'm quite nervous cos my photo shoot will be this coming monday. It's going to be informal. SO i won't be wearing a wedding gown at all. Just a white dress until the knee length. So hopefully it will turn out ok.. Then the make up artist is a korean. She has done make up and hair do for a few korean artist, and also cindy crawford. So i thought i just trust her, so i'm not going to have a trial make up.. Which now scares me too.. Hee.. Hopefully everythg turns out ok lah..

Here in melbourne, there is no packages like what they have in spore. So we have to do everythg all by ourselves. My friends are going to do the flowers.. HA haa.. Quite daring hor, but then what to do.. No money.. HAh aaa!

Tell me more about your wedding!!! Can't wait!

butterfly

Haloo caroline,
Your pics are very nice! You look so pretty! And you look 'blasteran'.. Are you?? He hee!

So was the gown from indonesia or from spore? The veil is also nice! I've never seen a veil like yours!

You look absoluteluy gorgeous!!!

butterfly

Caroline,
You know edwin and his girlfriend, and sianny? They are from my church in melbourne.. Waaahh! Such a small world!

delight

Butterfly,

Yes.. that's exactly why I stay opposite my MIL... Hahahahhaa! And its truly difficult to find a house.. Took us 4 months before we decide on the house we have now... No... I am not 'blasteran' hahahah! Considering Edwin and Edward is my brother... Sianny is Edward's girlfriend.. Not sure whether you will know Edward... I think he seldom goes to church these days... So exciting to meet my brother's friend in Singapore Brides.com... Hahhaha I use to stay in Melbourne for 6 years during my SMA and Uni... The gown and veil is from Singapore... ...I am going to help on my best friend wedding in Meblourne next year Nov. And she also asked me to do everything for her wedding too... Including her floral arrangement.. I have been preparing myself for that... Have been taking floral arrangement classes just for her.. Too... So I think you should be fine!

butterfly

Hi caroline,
You mean you are edwin's brother??? Waaaahhh! That is sooo exciting! Such a small world ya! HA haa! When i see him tomorrow in church, I'll surely tell him about our meeting here in spore brides forum! So cooL!

So you studied here in melb too? THAt is so nice. Then how did you meet you husband? In Melb? He heee..!

NOw i know who to look for when i need helo in floral arrangements! HA haaa!

delight

Dear Butterfly,

Yes... I am Edwin's sister.... Yes.. the world is indeed small... Say hi for me too to my little bro! :) I miss him... Hey... I heard that Zone 3 in Melbourne is majorly flooded... hmmmpphh Yes I studied in Melbourne but I did not meet my husband in Melb. I met him in Singapore... :) I am no pro in floral arrangement ... Though...

xiawei

Hi girls.

I am looking for my married next year in s'pore.

caroline, my wedding will be in grand copthorne, too. what do u think of their services?
wanna to share w me?

delight

Dear Rosmiyati,

I have very good feedback regarding Grand Copthorne Services... and their food... Both my Hong Kong friends and my Indo Relatives love the food... So I think you are in great hands... Don't worry....

butterfly

Hi rosmiyati,

Welcome to the thread!! So when is your wedding? Mine is on 3rd july 2004. Can't wait to get married!! HA ha haaa!

My venue is not confirmed yet. We wanted to use the Asian Civilisation Museum, but realised that the place can only accomodate max. 150 people. So we were quite worried.. Now looking for a bigger venue that my fiance and i both like.. Heee...

So are you indonesian too?? And marrying an indo or sporean??? Soo excitinG!!

xiawei

Hi, butterfly

Yes, I am indonesian and my hubby too. We are working in singapore almost 4 years plus.
Are u in Mel or sin?
I studied in Sydney before.
My wedding will be on 07/01/04 in sin.
So far the preparation almost done as we prefer very...very simple wedding w/o so many custom like before.
nice to talk to u....

candi

hi butterfly,
ur back, how's the photo shoot? tell us more about it. shud be fun, rite?
thought ur going back to sin soon?

rose,
welcome to the thread!! i'm also a new comer here.
so yr wedding will be on this jan, isn't it? congrats!!!
Mine has done already last sept. Enjoy yr big day!

Caroline,
i'm going syd and mel for honeymoon soon. Can share me some tips? ha..ha

xiawei

hi, candi

thanks in advanced.....
honeymoon to syd & mel????
wah.... i am sure you will be enjoy as this 2 city is a nice place.
i love it very much esp sydney.
have fun......

butterfly

Hi rose,
Oh so you've been working in spore for quite some time ya? I migrated to spore with my family in 1993. Then in 2000, i went to melb for further studies. Today is my graduation. He hee.. And tmrw returning home to spore..

So your wedding prep all settled already? So how are you feeling now? Just want to get over and done with? Or excited? Or scared?? HE heeee!! 7 January is so near ya???

Candi,
My photo shoot went really well. We went to 3 locations in all. My fiance and i were quite worried whether the results will turn out to be good. Cos that day we took the photos, it was so hot and i was sweating and feeling so moody.. HA haa! YEsterday we went to take the proofs, and they are all really really nice. So now we're having a difficult time choosing the pics that will go into the album.. HA haaa! Once we've uploaded them, i'll surely send the link to you!

You're planning to go to melb/syd for honeymoon? My bro just got back from New Zealand and he was so glad he went there for his honeymoon. If you like adventure like bungee jumping, cave walking, kayaking, white water rafting.. Then you should go to NZ. Syd and melb is more passive. You just see the sceneries, but you can't really do much.. Try going to www.visitvictoria.com.au for more information on the happenings in Melb..

rhs

Hi all,
I'm back from HM
happy.gif
. It was fun but I was hit by sore throat last week and still haven't recovered. Hopefully it's not flu bug.

So many indonesian brides here!! Now I'm really lost whose wedding is when and where. For those with pics to share, can kindly send link to me pls? My email is [email protected]

butterfly,
Congrats for your graduation!! And glad to hear your photoshoot pics turn out nice. Actually hot day is good because the pics will come out bright and nice. Dun worry, nobody can see your sweat ... hahaha. Happened to us, too.

butterfly

Hi rhs,
Where did you go for your HM? Hee.. Forgot.. I'm sure you had lots and lots of fun!!!

Tell us more about your HM!!!

My sis in law also just got back from her HM, and she got high fever now.. MAybe too tired..

The proofs for our photo shoot were really good. Maybe when we get to meet up some day, i'll bring them to show you!

This coming weekend is teatree's wedding day. Teatree, may this day be a memory you remember for the rest of your life as you celebrate this union with your hubby!

matka

Hi girls

*waves* Just thought I'd pop in to say hi. I'm Singaporean but my mum is Indonesian so we had 3 tables of Indonesian relatives at our wedding which included my grandparents, grandaunts & granduncles, aunts, uncles and cousins. My sister is now there to do her research paper and holiday with my mum's family at the same time.
happy.gif

oneighthyear

Hi girls,
haven't been here for a while , sorry !!!
Am going back from 20th to 3rd Jan , don' think will login at all so just want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Would definitely share my pics when they are ready
happy.gif

butterfly

Hi matka,
Welcome to the thread! *waves back*.. If your mom is an indonesian, so i guess you can speak a little bit of indo ya? Heee!

So when was your wedding? Where was it? In spore? I haven't settled on a venue for my wedding yet. Very very last minute.. BUt till now, we haven't found a place that is really 'wow'.. Any recommendations?

So you went for your honeymoon already? Tell us more!

Margo,
Congrats on your wedding today! I guess you won't be reading this maybe till next year.. Just wishing you a blessed marriage! Come back here quickly ok???

Oneightyear,
HAve a fun trip back to indo! Merry christmas and a happy new year!

And yes send us the pics once you have uploaded them. My outdoor photos are in hard copy.. So i don't know if the photos will turn out ok if i scan them..

rhs

Congrats for teatree n margo!
happy.gif

Hi butterfly,
We went to Paris and London for 2 weeks. It was fun but a bit too cold for me. Paris was ok but London is very chilly. Unfortunately not much shopping, kekeke

oneightyear,
Don't forget to eat all the yummy food, okie?

butterfly

Hi rhs,
Paris and London sounds really good! But expensive right?? HIkss.. I don't think i would have enough money to go there, especially after the wedding.. HAaaaa.. So now back to work ya? Back to reality.. What did you do there?? Went to see the beautiful churches there??

Oneightyear,
Hee.. Yaa. Eat as much as you can!!!

cl0ud

hi all,

I'm suprised so many indonesian brides in this forum.
happy.gif

I just married 3 months ago :D.

rhs,
congrats..
happy.gif
did u go to Paris & London on tour or by urself ? i'm planning to go there in this spring. but haven't decide yet want to go by urself or just join tour agent.

caroline,
can you share your wedding pics with me? i really really want to see that.. :D
my email : [email protected]
thankss...

butterfly

Hi cloud,
Welcome to the thread! Another newbie! Sooo happy!! Welcome welcome!!

Yes, i'm astrid from grii. So who are you? So curious.. You just got married 3 months ago? That means it was in sept or oct.. Hmm.. Who aah?? But i don't know irene huang.. From where?? You are indonesian too right?? HUaaaakkk.. sooo curious now.. Reply asap ok????

cl0ud

hi Butterfly,

hehehe.. now u knew who i am.. :p. you should spell 'irene' slowly, and then will find out who's the real 'irene'. haha
happy.gif
)

just let me know if you need some help for ur wedding preparation.. since we live so near, just come to my apartm anytime...:D

cheers

rhs

Hi butterfly,
Yep, I have to literally drag myself to go to work after my vacation
biggrin.gif
Honestly, after few days of seeing churches, museums, and palace we grew sick of them, kekeke. So the last few days we just take it easy. One thing I really like is to sit at cafes and watch passerby. Not much chance to do that in Singapore.

cloud,
welcome and congrats for your wedding! so you're going there for honeymoon too? Spring is a very nice time to go. It's best to go during shoulder season (April-May if I'm not wrong) since rates are lower, not too many tourists, and good weather. We went on free & easy. I'd suggest you do the same since you can tailor your own schedule. It's true that sometimes you get to 'see' more in a tour group because you start very early and don't have to think of transportation, etc, but you get to see only a little of each place. No time to sit and relax in cafe at Eiffel tower for example. It's not hard at all to go on your own. Quite fun. Drop me an e-mail if you have questions
[email protected]

cl0ud

hi rhs,

we only make plans first. still saving for that.don't know if we can make it or not.. :p.

yes, maybe we'll go there between April - May because we want to visit our friend in Amsterdam first, and will ask her to be our tour guide in Amsterdam and Paris.. hehe.. She will be on easter holiday around that time.
it's much better than go with tour group.

After that, maybe we'll go to London without her, because she doesn't like London..
sad.gif

since u said that it's not hard to go on our own, that's make me more confident to go ahead.. :D

delight

Hi All,

Have not come log in for a while..... Rhs and cloud... you have mail....

Butterfly,

How's my bro doing? Actually have not spoken to him... Might call him tonight... :)

Candi,
Melbourne is great if you drive around the Yarra Valley and Great Ocean road... Sydney... go to the Blue Mountains... Tips... Do bed and breakfast... its more romantic...

To All the future bride and wives,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! To all of you.... Cannot believe the year has ended... And I am married... What a life... Its getting so fast track...

butterfly

Hi Caroline,
Wanted to leave you a message yesterday but got disconnected.. Long time never log in ya? Heee.. Busy ah?? So are you staying in spore for xmas?

I told your brother that i met you here online. Such a coincidence ya.. Hee.. Then i also met your mom. She was in melb for quite some time ya.. So i've met your bro and mom, but haven't got to meet you yet.. Hmmm...

Cloud,
Heee.. So good to see you here! And also good to see you in church yesterday! When can i see the pics??? He hee.. Can't wait!

Rhs,
Yess.. Cafe-ing is really nice.. When i was still in melb, i got to do that quite often. Now in spore, too hot to stay out and drink coffee.. HA haa! Better eat at kopitiam.

butterfly

Hi girls,
Some of you might have received the links to a pre-wedding photo shoot. That was from me just in case you don't recognise the name.. Heee! Enjoy!

rhs

Hi butterfly,
Yep, I've seen the photos. Fabulous!! Know what? U remind me of Kris Dayanti, kekeke ...

Everyone,
Happy New Year! May 2004 be better than 2003
wink.gif

candi

for rhs and butterfly,
thanks for the pictures. Ur both looks extremely gorgeous!!!

and yeap to all of you,
HAPPY 2004, May it will be a fruitful year!!

butterfly

Hi rhs and candi,
Thanks for the compliment! =)

And for all the girls here,
May this new year be special to each and every one of you! God bless you!

candi

so everybody,
how did u spend the new year?
for me, rest and relax mostly
well, must back to work again, kind of lazy but no choice.

cl0ud

hi all,
Happy New Year!!
been absent from this forum for a while.. just check my mail... and wow!! butterfly, u look sooooo cheerful..
happy.gif
and ivan also look so cool...hiehieee.. :D