Indonesian Brides!!

teatree

ahava,

oooh, your gown is very tan yoong! haha... no, i didn't make any gown from indon designer. i had only 2 wedding gowns, both were made here by kevin seah, you know? thought it would be easier for me to do fittings if i made here. but true, in indo is so much cheaper.

wow, i know that gunung, i've been there several times. frankly speaking, i love bandung, especially the food! hehehe... and it must be a pleasant experience taking photos in bandung cos it's not hot and humid like singapore.

hey, you're flying with which airline? i'm taking emirates, maybe we can see each other at the airport *wink*

ahava

leeds,
u been here for so long.. Is it with your family?Considered sporean lah ya..
happy.gif
. Me, only 5 years
happy.gif
No lah,mine is a small scale only. Ok ok, will try to locate the CD.

Hei, abt taking pics at orchard, I saw one album done by Heng when I picked up mine.. This couple took pics at Orchard Rd (with the Orchard crowd!) But they are wearing casual lah..so may not attract that much attention.

leeds

Teatree,

You couldnt find on peddar??? I remember its at the bag section of taka, near shops like coach, christian dior etc. Maybe they've moved?? cos it looked like some makeshift shop only...

I like your pics taken in the woods, especially the 4 pics put together (dont know what they're called). So nice...
happy.gif
I prefer woods to beaches. Are they all taken at spottiswoode park? where is it exactly? Maybe i can go there also.
happy.gif
Oo in your opinion, what do you think is more important, photoshoot or AD photos?? I really really love ngiap heng and i want to get him for either photoshoot or AD photography cos my bridal package already gives either one. hmmmm cant decide. what do you think?

orchard road?? it'd be so crowded you know its now holiday season, sure a lot of people staring at me if i take pics there.... heheh...

hey, tomorrow is butterfly's wedding!!
happy.gif
You know rio has asked some of his friends to stay at my house now, those flying in from indo to come for her wedding. So many people in the house now. hahah....

ahava

hi teatree,

Hehe.. so his style ya? Actually I didnt see your WG in the pics leh..Your AD in Spore? Happenned to see latest Female Brides magazine, wah..really like Tan yoong's gowns in the ads. Dunno what's wrong with me.. married already still look at bridal magazine. hehe. I know..Kevin Seah Atelier..hehe...he does a lot of lace work, doesnt he?.

I am taking Thai though. So u from Jkt? I must endure another 3-4 hrs ride home. But after that, can whack all the food..nyum
happy.gif
. Must watch my weight.. not working.. the mind is always thinking abt food. I think I have put on a few kgs since my wedding
sad.gif

leeds

Ahava,

wahhh what considered singaporean?? Hope not lah.... heheh... yah my family has moved here already. You been working here for the past 5yrs?

Really ah? I thought it'd be weird to take pics in orchard... I hope he has a lot of other couple's photo albums to pick up some ideas.
happy.gif
Btw did you also get his 25-page special album for AD photos? Do you prefer his work for photoshoot or AD photography?

ahava

Leeds,

I didnt take the album for AD photos. I had an AD album by Wesley already. We spent quite a lot on photos already..so we thought the album can wait.. But the album you can decide later.

He has quite a lot of albums to share with you. Did you see the one on the website, the couple in Bali. So nice ya? Why dont you visit him first and ask him to show you both AD and PS works and then decide.

leeds

Ahava,

Yah i saw the pics taken in bali and thats when i fall in love with ngiap heng's work lor. So nice....
happy.gif
Thanks for the advice, i'm now emailing with them, want to find out as much as possible before going down to his place cos my fiance is only back in SG mid july.

oraia

hihi teatree/ leeds!
happy.gif
)

teatree~ on peddar has shifted down i think. i stumbled upon it that day in taka. it's just a little corner. are they doing reno upstairs in their shop?

hi ahava,

me not indon bride haha. it's just tt i used to chat w leeds and teatree and canny on another thread. so i popped in to say hi.
happy.gif

can i take a peek at ur lovely photos if u don't mind? [email protected]
if you're not comfy w sharing it's ok, no worries!
happy.gif

teatree

hi hi ladies,

leeds/oraia,

yah lor, i think the shop on taka is just a temporary shop. they're renovating the one on the 2nd level. well, have to wait until that one opens then
happy.gif

yeah yeah take at orchard road. it'll be fine i bet. don't care about those people staring at you cos you're dressed up to the nines anyway haha... as i've told you earlier, i possess a little exhibitionist tendency.

leeds, the photos at spottiswoode were very few only, i don't really like that area cos mostly old shophouses. i can tell you that there are nicer shophouses along blair road or emerald street. the one with the woods was somewhere in east coast. you can also try botanical graden if you like woods.

err... after i've seen my AD pictures, i think AD pictures are more important. they are, after all, the ones that capture your day not PS. leeds, if you want to see another sample of PS photos taken by ngiap heng, you can go to my online album and click on my favorite member.

teatree

ahava,

hey, you're not the only one who still likes to see bridal magazines, me too! my husband thinks i'm crazy cos already married but still flip thru bridal magazines and love to see bridal boutiques although only from the outside.

haha... i have not uploaded my wedding pictures yet. but for a glimpse of it, try my fitting album. AD was in lampung cos my husband is from there.

yup, kevin seah uses a lot of lace. you know i didn't visit tan yoong during bridal hunt and regretted it so much!

leeds

Teatree,

hahah... i dont think i have exhibitionist tendencies lah.... Actually hor i'm very worried abt outdoor shoot, with the gown and thick make up, combined with super hot weather in singapore, i'm really worried how it's gonna turn out lor... Oh yah emerald hill also got some nice old shophouses. I like woods and old quaint buildings... a bit weird hor. I'm not really into beaches & scenery. heheh... Where did you take the one where there's 4 pics put together into 1? I like that a lot....

saw your fav member's pics already. heheh.... my mind is set already I love ngiap heng's work!!!
happy.gif
But he cant do a full day shoot on my AD cos he got a full day shoot the day before and he wouldnt do 2 full days back to back, so i think i have to get him for PS lor...

You regret not going to tan yoong during your bridal hunt, i regret not even knowing any of the more famous bridal boutiques at all leh... I only found out abt tan yoong or kevin thru this SB forum, way after i signed up for my package...
sad.gif

BTW Bon called again! hahah... she's looking for you but she thinks you are in indo so i let her think that lor... I'll probably go take a look at her stones again with my fiance cos she managed to find a few more.

teatree

oi leeds,

i'm going home today. haha... so happy!

do you sweat a lot? should be okay if you don't cos the last time, i didn't use any ampoule and the make up stayed the whole day. so you definitely going to have ngiap heng take your PS photos? has got to hurry and book him cos he's quite popular
happy.gif

i really can't recall where the woods where i took the 4 pictures at. just remember that the photog drove us to east coast and stopped in front of a small opening into that dense foliage. the other think that i remember about that place was that i stepped right into a puddle of mud and dirtied my shoes. sorry....
sad.gif

okie, enjoy your last few days of working. i'll get in touch when i got back here again. cheers!

leeds

Hello gals! This thread has been so quiet... Anyone still around??
happy.gif

Teatree,

Yup yup get in touch when you are back. Will upload the pics taken at Butterfly's wedding soon too so you can view.
happy.gif

oraia

hi leeds,

errrm... not yet. hahahahaha... soon lah soon. :p

have u stopped working? when are u leaving for england?

ccteott

Hi Leeds,

I sent you a mail few days ago... was wondering if you recieved it coz I didnt get a reply.

Ngiap Heng is availble on 19 or 20 between 11am and 6pm. Which day and what time would you like to pop down to the studio?
happy.gif

leeds

Hi oraia,

me still working lah, but next week is my last week! yay!! So happy...
happy.gif

Hey you are getting married in church too right? Is your wedding ceremony and dinner held on the same day? Is it a sunday? I just found out that catholic church dont normally allow weddings on sundays, so i'm trying to figure out a programme to follow if the whole programme is split into 2 days.

oraia

hey leeds!
happy.gif

yup yup... me getting married in church and yes, church ceremony and dinner is on the same day.

it's a sunday.
happy.gif
errrm... ya.. some catholic churches do not marry ppl on sundary. but some do. so u hv to check. i know st. mary's does but i think OLPS and Holy Cross may not.
in any case, if it's a sunday wedding, it will not be a full mass. just to let u know
happy.gif

leeds

Oraia,

didn't expect you to be around on sunday...
happy.gif

So yours is st mary's? Where is it? hmmm the ones that are near to my house or fiance's house are OLPS and holy cross so looks like i gotta book elsewhere, if the church allows.
sad.gif
Hope can find one lor....

Have you started planning on the programme?

oraia

hi leeds!
happy.gif

ya... am usu ard on sundays, except in the afternoon...

mine's at st. francis of assisi (in boon lay). st mary is taken already on my date. st. mary's is at bkt batok. lovely lovely church!
happy.gif

hvn't planned anything!!! :p

leeds

Hi oraia,

how come you can choose the church at boon lay? Is that your parish church?

Btw, you are so relaxed abt the whole preps leh... i'm feeling kancheong for you. hahah....

oraia

hi leeds,

eh.. nope.. my fiance's parish is holy cross. but they don't marry on sunday i think unless u find ur own priest fr outside the parish to marry u, if i'm not mistaken.

so we went rd and ask lor. heard that st. francis does it (it's near my fiance's hse anyway), so ok lor.
happy.gif

errr.. heee. mabbe cos i booked many things quite early tts why now more relaxed. :p and some of the stuff, i can't do anything *yet*.. too early... but will def pick up "speed" on wedding preps come aug/ sept.
happy.gif

heeee... *touched* leh. u can kancheong for me! so when r u gg bk to uk?

ahava

Hi leeds,

I am back from indo already! Had a really great time
happy.gif
I ate so many things..batagor, pempek, mie, baso tahu..Hmmm.. When I came back to Spore, I got stomach upset leh!

Is today your last day already?
happy.gif

butterfly

Hi teatree and leeds!

Haa.. Finally get to write here again... Thanks for coming at my wedding ya! So happy!!!

So how's everyone now? Leeds, now your turn to prepare prepare ya! Mine is finally over.. Such a big relieve.. HA haaaa

butterfly

Haloo ahava,

Thank you so much! So i guess you must be married ya? When was your wedding? So now staying in spore? Workin here? From indo too rite?

candi

butterfly,
congratulations, may both of you get all the joy that marriage can bring!!:)

Glad to hear that u enjoy yr wedding.

ahava

Butterfly,
Yep, married earlier this yr in singapore. Working in singapore now.

You have been in Spore for long? So what's ur Honeymoon plan?
happy.gif

star89

Hi everyone,

I'm Indonesian too. But married long time ago. I have a year old kid too. Any stay at home mommies here? Maybe we can meet? Btw, I post a message at motherhood forum, if got any indo moms here maybe can reply my message there?

butterfly

Hi candi,
Thanks so much! So how have you been?? Long time no hear.. =)

Halo Ahava,
Yaaa, I've been in spore for the past 11 years. Now working too..

Honeymoon ah? Heee.. No time yet leh.. And no money! Ha haaa.. MAybe we'll postpone it to december.. So can have a longer holiday.. So where did you go for your honeymoon?

Star98,
Woooow! How's it like becoming a mother? So now full time housewife ya? Or are you working too?

Where do you stay? My house is at Punggol.. Maybe we can visit each other and you share tips on being a mommy.. =)

leeds

Hello gals!!

Long time havent chat in here....
happy.gif
No more working, now busying myself with wedding preps, and my fiance is back in SG!!
happy.gif

Hi ahava,

Wahhh so jealous.... i dont think i can go back to indo anytime soon, most likely next year... miss the food there, especially the batagor and mie naripan!!
happy.gif
So what have you been up to in SG to keep yourself busy these days?

Hi butterfly,

Been wanting to say this... your wedding is so sweet!! hehehh... cant believe your hubby cried!
happy.gif
You looked gorgeous and so radiant!! You seem very relaxed that day and everything went according to plan yah? So how's married life treating you? Oh also, i really really love your photo album, very diffferent from SG style.
happy.gif

ahava

Hi butterfly,

We went to bintan and israel... yes, yes.. good decision, postpone so can enjoy longer and definitely more relax! Where did you do the album..indo?

Leeds,

Waow..must be very happy!
Actually I started work already...so fast ya...anyway, I got a very good break already.

butterfly

Hi Leeds,
Thanks for the compliment.. So happy you were there to share my hapiness! Soon it'll be your turn ya! HEee.. How are you feeling? Excited? Heee.. Or stressed?

I looked so relaxed that day, thanks to my coordinator. She did so much organising that she didn't even get to eat her lunch that day! HA haaa..

So when's your ROM ah? Bentar laghe kan?

Ahava,
The album was done in Melbourne. I personally didn't really like it.. I thought it could have been better.. But well, good thing leeds like it.. HAaaa! If not, i'd be so sad cos i really paid so much for that! $3k!! Can you believe it? Just for the photo + Album. Excluding gown, make up, etc...

Teatree,
Whereee are youuuuu???

ccteott

Hi Leeds,
Thanks for popping by with your hubby-to-be yesterday
happy.gif
So did you manage to ring up St Vincent de Paul church to ask if they will marry you on a Sunday?

Hi Teatree,
How are you? Its been a long time since we "spoke" to each other
happy.gif

ahava

Butterfly,
Waow, melbourne has good scenery. I studied there. Ya, agree quite ex. My brother took his PS there, I think he also spent about that amt...Why Melbourne leh, you met your hubby there ah
happy.gif
?

butterfly

Hi Ahava,
You studied there? Me too! I did my bachelor degree in Melb uni. Then last year graduated. So my darling was in melb too. Then we thought, might as well do the pre-wedding photo shoot there. So that was it!

When were you there?

ccteott

Hi butterfly,

I studied in Melbourne too
happy.gif
Lived in Carlton beside Melb Uni but I was studying in Monash Caulfield. I graduated last year too. This is such a small world
happy.gif

leeds

Hello ladies!!

Ahava,

Oh you found a job already? Thats quick...
happy.gif
Used to the stress and politics of working yet? hahah... I'm quite glad to be out of the working world for a while, singapore is so stresful yah...

Butterfly,

Who is your coordinator btw? Is it octa also? So how does it feel being married? hehe....
happy.gif
I just ROMed 2 days ago!! a small family gathering only and the ceremony lasted 15 mins only!! So fast hor... Will be flying off to england next sunday.
happy.gif

Hi tin tin,

Thanks for seeing us on tuesday. Both of us really love the photography (especially me!
happy.gif
)but unfortunately we cant fit the timing for photoshoot next week, as for AD can we confirm nearer the time?
happy.gif

teatree

hi hi ladies!

i'm back from jakarta! now so fat cos i ate so much there. and brought so much food back to singapore
sad.gif

leeds,
how's your ROM?? how's your PS? haha... tell me everything.

tintin,
yes yes... that's because i was back home for about 3 weeks. how're you doing?

butterfly,
your album where got not nice? me and leeds looked at it at your wedding day and it's so gorgeous! i really like it. so that's one more person who likes it
happy.gif

leeds

Hello teatree!!

So happy to see you back here.
happy.gif
How's your trip? What else did you there other than eat? haha... Shop a lot or not? Brought extra goodies to share with us here too? hehe... miss the food there leh.

My ROM ah? hmmm nothing much to say, very fast, exchange vows, followed by lunch at Plaza Hotel. thats it. We didn't even exchange rings cos its optional and we didn't have enough time to get the bands, so will do it during our church wedding in Jan. More meaningful that way too i guess.

Btw, i got my ring already!! From canary
happy.gif
Will be ready this Friday only though.

PS is horrible!!! Its exhausting, my jaw is so painful after being forced to smile the whole day!!
sad.gif
I didn't really enjoy myself, the whole day with super thick makeup and being under the hot light is not exactly fun. Glad its over.... Hope the photos turn out nice. I cant believe people actually had fun during PS. Was yours fun?

ccteott

Hi Leeds,
Its ok, take your time, we won't be taking up another job on your AD anyways
happy.gif
Its either to photograph your AD or not to work at all ;p

Hi Teatree,
Welcome back! bet you had a really nice time going home yah? I've been really busy with work. Linking up our Romance exhibition with MCDS and meeting wonderful clients like leeds *wink wink*
happy.gif

Btw... what does PS stand for?

zhane

Hi Teatree,,
great to see u again..

Hi leeds..
hows ur wedding?deg2 an nehh?
happy.gif

i just back fr Sg yesterday..have no chance to inform u ladies,,since i travelled fr Mal.

i already got wedding shopping results
happy.gif
;
- WG fr Allure Charix
- Platinum Wedding band fr Lee Hwa
but missed the EG coz i didnt find any nice lee,,
sad.gif

anyway..i have to go back Sg 2 weeks later for collect the rings.

ahava

Leeds,
Congrats with the ROM!
I think you'll enjoy your break.. especially overseas. But I guess you'll still be very much occupied with settling down and wedding prep..
happy.gif

It's my 2nd week back at work..and yeah, still trying to get used to the politic and stuff. I tried to avoid it as much as possible. Have a safe trip this sunday!

Hallo teatree,
how are you? managed to visit other places other than jkt? Talking abt getting fat... Actually I went back to indo with my gym gears, swim suit, etc to exercise...Hmm. in the end never got to do any of them.

teatree

morning gals,

leeds,
by the time you're reading this, you'd be in leeds already. hahah.... besides eating, my mother, sis and i did a lot of rounds at the shopping malls. we're crazed over chandelier earrings now, not diamond ones though, so not so heavy on the pocket
happy.gif

wow, that's very fast indeed! have you ordered your rings for december? so are you having a church wedding in december and banquet in january?

ps is horrible!! i particularly didn't enjoy it. my photog drove an SUV and i couldn't climb onto the backseat by myself with the big skirt. my sister who tagged along that day commented that it's like lifting an elephant into a truck whenever she had to help me get into the car. which locations did you go to? when are the photos going to be ready? must show me ah?!

ahava,
i didn't go anywhere else. anyway, it's been quite sometime since i last went home so i had a long list of things to eat. haha...

hey, i always go home with my school work and never do it! i guess it works the same way for exercising.