Indonesian Brides!!

cest_la_vie

Hi Angelina,

I think this thread is no longer active. Anyway, congratulation on your wedding. I am also an Indonesian married last year June 2008. My hubby is Sporean. How about urs? How is your wedding preparation?

sportyangel

hai lings, thanks for responding my post
u said that u married last year 2008 ??
anyway, im getting married by the end of this month which means like 2 weeks time from today

im so excited, cant wait for all my best friends and family to come to singapore. for some this will be their first trip here

so im more excited with all my friends n family , rather than d wedding it self. maybe it also because im finished with all d prep. so just let til d day come

i raelly hope that this thread will come alive again. really want to talk to indonesian brides

advy

Hello all , m also an indo ,hehe.getting married to a sporean by Dec08. A bit of lost of what to do at the moment ..

sportyangel

hai advy, welcome to this thread
where r u now ? indon or sg ?
im getting married next week, yeah so excited

anyway maybe i can help u if u got something to ask about d prep..feel free to ask

advy

Btw, m also looking for an emcee ? any recommendation ? Coz I dun wish frens to be my emcee, want them to enjoy the wedding instead, hehe..

sportyangel

yup, he's sporean .
my FH's friend will be our MC
all my friends also dont want to be mc, same reason, want to enjoy everything

what is ur FH ? sporean ?

advy

yes..same here, he's also a Sporean. Hey, Pm me for your msn , we can chat over there
happy.gif

sheepkiddy

Hi hi gals..i'm new here..Just figured out that actually there's a forum for Indo Brides too. =) *happy*..me, getting married Nov'08 to a s'porean too. So, congrats to all brides and brides-to-be 2008/ 2009..=)

sheepkiddy

Hello Angelina..Nice to know you..my preparation is going well. However, there are times that I will be "Stress" too.but i think it's quite normal right? haha..:p..My AD is on 8/Nov 08.
How about yours? Cheers..

sportyangel

mine will be on 27th of oct ... few more days to go. tom i will go to ROM to get d cert ..
done all my prep n everything

is there anything that u havent prepared ?

advy

Hi Angelina, i had added you in my contact list. Ya.. congrats, do send us the pics of your wedding.

Hi Sheepkiddy , mine is on 15th Dec 08, now headache with the guest list. M looking for an emcee , anyone u can recommmend ? Thanks

sheepkiddy

Hi Angelina..Congrats...happy for you at the same time excited over mine oso..haha..=) Yeah..my preparation is 80% done. 10% for the nitty gritty and 10% is the AD itself.

Hi Advy, for me I asked one of my Uni buddy (Indonesian too) and another one is my ex-colleague (local) to be my MC. Maybe you can refer to your closer colleagues around? Jia You....

Wah wah..our wedding is coming on consecutive month wor..keke..

sportyangel

advy : ya ... i saw or ym already , thank sya hope to talk to u soon

sheepkiddy : im excited , tom all my sisters will come from jakarta n we'll have bacholer n bacholerete party at cafe del mar with d jacuzi n all... it will be fun

cant believe that im getting married soon

sheepkiddy

Angelina: wow..wow...enjoy then...me todae afternoon going to meet my jie meis all for the meeting (planning to sabo my FH)...hahaha...just play play only..once in a life-time..=)

Btw, d u girls have any wedding website? It's very popular nowadays..hee..

Advy & Angelina: Can share share which BS are you girls engaging? Add me..add me on ym [email protected]...

cest_la_vie

Hi hi ..

Angeline congrats upss should call Mrs LEE? I have been MIA for quite sometimes as i thought this tread is no longer active. I did check few times and haven't got your reply.

Anyway congrat to you all ladies...

Ou yeah my typo error actually last June 2008 and my ROM was last year OCT 2007. heheheheh

How is your new title Angeline? Are you staying with your in law?? Still working?

cest_la_vie

I am working and currently staying with my in law. Just happen to checked this thread again and I saw your reply
happy.gif

How long have you been in Spore? Where about are you staying?

sheepkiddy

Hello Mrs. Lee..Nice to see you in this thread again..haha..

My surename is Lee and now am officially Mrs. Soh..haha...Congrats, congrats..happy..happy..keke...=)

sportyangel

lyng : i stay in clementi, how bout u ? i stayed here since las dec

sheepkiddy : what,ur surename is lee ? now im Mrs.Lee thats cute ..

sella

Awww this thread is no longer active???

I tot there are a lot of indonesians in singapore..

I am indonesian getting married this Dec 09 to a Singaporean. I will be holding a wedding dinner in Nov 09 in Jakarta.. But thankfully, my parents will take care of everything for the Jkt wedding.. For Singapore wedding, I will take care
happy.gif

Oh we will be going to Taiwan for pre-wedding photoshoot this July
happy.gif

So excited!! But honestly, the initial planning was too oeverwhelming... Arguments here and there!! But I learned that it is common.. As wedding is also about two big families coming together not only the bride and groom...

Anyway.. Congrats and all the best to all 2009 BTB!!

anyil

Hi..Sella
may i know what's ur BS ? coz now i'm looking for BS. but i dunno whcih one is the gud one.
i'm also frm indonesia.
today i have viewed in tanjongpagar..Labelle.
have u heard this one?

happysoda

Hello... I am also an Indonesian and will be having my solemnisation in April next mth while the AD will be next yr in April. My hubby-to-be is also a Singaporean
happy.gif

Like most of ye, we will also be holding the dinner twice, one in Indo and one in Sg...a bit cumbersome, but compared to inviting over all relatives from Indo, the former choice is definitely a wiser one :p

Princess (anyil) --> I had checked out Labelle before...Saw some of their pics..they were quite nicely taken but too bad I didn't quite like their gowns. However, this is very subjective...it really depends on what we like.
happy.gif

I had chosen Thomson Wedding Collection instead. It's a very not much-talked of BS and situated along Tanjong Pagar stretch too..I chose em as I am a lace person and the gowns from TWC happen to suit my personal liking.

sella

Hi Princess,

My BS is from Taiwan.. Asia Pacific Exquisite Wedding. (Since this is for Indonesians brides, so i'll just speak Indonesian). Sebenernya, kebanyakan orang pikir kalo poto di luar negeri jauh lebih mahal, tapi kalo kamu engage Taiwan BS, jatohnya lebih murah.

Kalo aku denger2 and liat2 sih, yg bagus:
1. The Aisle
2. My Bridal Room
3. Whitelink
4. Sophia Wedding (for Princessy Gown)
5. The Wedding Present (Photographer look for Chris Ling)

Then, Princess & Happy Soda, do you engage another BS in Indo too?

happysoda

Hello Sella,

Gw bakal engage BS di Indo tapi cumen utk make-up and hairstyling doank for the dinner. Kalo utk pre-wedding day photoshoot, cumen di Sg aje.

But I am considering of taking an additional pre-wedding day photography package...mungkin di Msia ato di Indo for outdoor shooting.
happy.gif

happysoda

Hello Sella,

Gw bakal engage BS di Indo tapi cumen utk make-up and hairstyling doank for the dinner. Kalo utk pre-wedding day photoshoot, cumen di Sg aje.

But I am considering of taking an additional pre-wedding day photography package...mungkin di Msia ato di Indo for outdoor shooting.
happy.gif

sella

Oohhh ... BS apa yah yg bagus di jkt?

Sekarang lagi nge-hot poto nya di kawah putih ato di jkt di Kota tua... supposedly it is nice
happy.gif

Happysoda, nikahnya tanggal brapa? di jkt yah?

fairy09

Hello Gals,

Nice to know all of u. Im also indonesian & my HTB is sporean. will holding wedding next year after cny.

Btw, i hv queries,dont mind if u gals share ur experience. on ur AD anyone of u fetch from hotel? Any hotel recommendation?

happysoda

Sella, wedding dinner gw di Indo tgl 10 April 2010, kalo yg di Sg tgl 16 hehe... Gw asalnya dari batam. BS di Bali ok ga? ada rekomendasi?

Hi Vivian, my htb will be fetching me from hotel on our actual day. We have chosen Mandarin Oriental, the same hotel at which we will be holding our wedding banquet. I think it will be easier to have the same hotel arrangement rather than staying at different hotel from where ye wanna hold yer wedding banquet.
happy.gif

Alternatively, ye may consider renting a service apartment...my gal friend did that. The service apartment that she rented was at Far East Plaza and it had two bedrooms.

fairy09

Hi Happy Soda,

Dont mind share more with me about the service apartment? I keen to know more abt the renting service. Thanx for ur recommendation ya. r u possible to get the contact details?

sella

hi Happysoda, oohhh jadi yg indo, pestanya di batam? BS di Bali? maksudnya mau pra-wedding poto di Bali? oohhh aku nggak tau yah bagus nggak. pasti bagus lah.. hahaha... it is Bali... Ohh April yah.. ooh jadi kamu punya AD di jkt ato singapore? maksudnya main wedding nya?

Hi Vivian, erm kalo aku, the plan currently is jemput dari hotel.. tapi belon pasti hotel mana. wedding banquet nya sih di intercontinental, so maybe jemput dari situ deh. dari hotel sih menurut aku kayak simbol bahwa pengantin nya orang asing, jadi jemput dari hotel
happy.gif

fairy09

Hi Marsella, ya lbh gampang klo dr satu hotel sama dg banquet ya. besides that gw pgn tau jg dg service apartment yg d recommend dr happy soda. buat consideration sih. cos gw itung2 ya, prlu 2 nights 1 day for my family to stay in hotel. disamping itu, klo my HTB jmpt dr hotel, ga blh trll ribut ya pas wkt permainan. jd nya ga bgt seru deh.

sella

oh iya sih vivian, gue juga pikirnya gitu, kalo jemput dari hotel, "gatecrashing" nya harus diem2, nggak seru deh.

vivian, disini nggak ada saudara? kamu tinggal dimana sekarang? nggak bisa jemput dari tempat kamu sekarang yah?

happysoda

Hi Sella, AD gw di Singapore, yg di Indo cumen dinner tok.
happy.gif

Vivian, kalo mo jemput dari hotel mendingan book exec room aja yg ada living room nya jd bisa maen n ga perlu diem2.

Temen gw dah ga ada contactnya lg utk service apartment itu, dah 3 taon yg lalu sih.

Ye may try this tho http://www.servicedapartments.org.sg/html/theapartments_content_fareasp.html

I think they will require ye to book for at least a wk but my gal friend was able to persuade the salesperson to allow her to book for only 2 days since it was a non-peak period and rather wasteful letting the unit left vacant. 2 days are at least better than none. Maybe ye may use the same logic to persuade em.

fairy09

Sella, gw ada sodara dsini. tp uda ga tgl barengan dsono.dah pindah kluar. skrg ni sewa kamar d jurong. gw ga dkt jg ama auntie gw. ga convinient klo jmpt dr tmp gw skrg n auntie gw.makanya kpikir hrs jmpt dr hotel o svc apartment.
btw, thx ya happy soda. gw cb tny more info

sella

Happysoda - kalo gitu sama kayak aku.. aku juga disana dinner aja.

Vivian - oohh mahal banget yah.. kalo gitu mendingan di hotel sih.

Ahh bingung juga, itu nanti aja deh dipikirin.

Anyway, kalian disini kerja ya?

goldfishy

Hello, apakabar!
Senangnya ada temen seperjuangan! AD gue tgl 26Sept taon ini. Jg lagi pusingin soal jemputnya dari mana.. Rencananya jg mau sewa service apt, tp...gila $2,800 bener2 gila banget man!!!
Repotnya tradisi sini kan ada acara gatecrashing sgl..sedangkan di indo gak ada.. ada yg kepikiran kalo sewa chalet aja yg di pasir ris itu? Kalo executive room...ntah mahal gak ya.. Tadinya gw kepikiran kalo di hotel, mgkn bisa di bridal suitenya.. kan ada kamar terpisah dr ruang tamu...tp..ntar brantakan dong? Haha bgmana jg kan itu kamar bridal mah...

happysoda

Vivian, waktu itu temen gw cumen bayar $200+/nite doank lo..kok bisa mahal bgt..gila man $2800! yg loe nanya itu ada brapa kamar?

Sella, gw kerja di sini...gw ngantoran di daerah Tanjong Pagar. How bout ye?

Shery, idea chalet itu not bad lo...gw sama sekali ga kemikir hehe. Btw, hubby gw bakal gatecrash di bridal room...bridal room di Oriental ada ruang tamu nya jadi bisa maen di sana. Ye may try to bargain with the coordinator for a discounted price on the extension stay if ye need to. Kalo bisa, request for a new bridal room on the second day (for yer actual day)...coordinator yg accomodating and attentive bakal agree lo coz my one did, in fact he was the one who suggested it.
happy.gif

Gw rasa sebenernya executives rooms (or some called em 'suite') kebanyakan dijadiin bridal rooms by most hotels...kalo pas lg ga ada wedding, mereka tetep aja sewain ke guests yg laen.

Btw ladies, gw dah ROM kemarin tgl 18
happy.gif

fairy09

Slamat ya happy soda.. klo ga kberatan, share donk foto ROM loe
happy.gif

Gw skrg lage bgng neh mo cr tmp ROM. gw n HTB pgn d outdoor dkt poolside.
uda kpikir catering dr Kristn sih. food presentation nya bgs & menarik loo. cuma ga dpt tmp yg cocok. u gals hv any suggestion?

By the way, brp rate oriental ya for 1D & 1N to stay at executive room?

Ya, gw jg ga kpikir lo sewa d tmp chalet. Good idea gal. Thankx for ur suggestion

felcy

Hi Happysoda,

I saw that your Banquet is at Oriental?? Do you mind sharing some of your thoughts on that hotel?? Such as the food or the number of tables available? Your coordinators...Wanted to pm you but pm not available.

Thanks!
[email protected]

goldfishy

Kata HTB gue chalet bener2 plain banget loh..really just like a wooden house.. haiya..
Most likely gue bakal utilise bridal suite gue. Yeah, hopefully can get a discounted price for extension stay. Soalnya kan harus masuk semalam sebelum AD kan? Masa check-in jam 4 pagi sih? Aneh kan. Haha...