Indian wedding Services in Singapore

poohbear96

These are my comments about indian wedding services based on my own experience.

Menaka is old fashioned make up. Not up to the trend. Costume jewelries are outdated. Rupini's is good in make up but as for the accessories, i don't see there is much choice to choose from and not only that her service is very bad!!! She only caters for big shots or big shows! normal bridal she dont treat it impt. Susiee people say is good and price is reasonable. I got to know Ms Rae Muthu from my Hubby, She has got a diploma in artistic make up at Cosmoprof. Her service and make up is professional and good. The price is reasonable too.

If you want to cater indian vegetarian food, then go for ANANDHA BHAVAN. I'm very sure you will not regret it. The price may abit Expensive but its worth it.

hollywood

thanks for the comments. any comments about Stylemart and their service? SO far i have received quite good service from them....

you have pictures of your wedding to share?

titania

My cousin had a bad experience with Gandhi photo and video. Quality and service both quite crappy. I Dont advice anyone to engage them.

puffzpooh

If u r looking for an Indian make up artist, ask for Shanti from Stylemart. She did my make up for my engagement. Very good service and natural make-up
happy.gif

sphire80

Hi There

I'm engaging Menaka.. she did a splendid job for my sis's wed a couple of yrs ago and a close fren's jus last month. Even considering her for my indoor and outdoor photoshots.

Hv u booked your BP?.. I'm quite confused.

AD photographer?... I'm thinking og Chris Ling.. not sure if he knows the impt moments.

montcalm

Hello , I am so glad that I came across this thread.Maybe you ladies could help me. I was also thinking of engaging Menaka for my wedding in September but I have a problem. The customary wedding will be held in the morning and my ROM after. I intend to wear a bridal gown for my ROM and I dont think Menaka's make-up will go with my gown.

sphire80

Hi Shantair.. well.. im planning the same manner too... morning traditional and evening Solemnization cum recept. I hv confident in menaka's makeup... any day i would still prefer an indian makeup artist to a chinese... at least Menaka will know how to mix colours. Its also the cost. makeup comes with BP. hence its cheaper. My fiance's sis took up makeup artist ffrom BS. Ended up her husband lookin like a wax doll. Tht's y I'm considering Menaka for all my photoshots and AD. Not sure whts her cost like.

sphire80

Any of u girls book BP?.. AD photography?.. Agree with Titania. Gandhi sucks. They are very dominating. Hate their attitude.

montcalm

Dear Sphire , when is your wedding and have you decided on the venue?I want to take bridal photos as well but my FH lives in London and will only arrive in S'pore 10 days before the wedding..so no time. Maybe I will have the photos taken in Switzerland while on my honeymoon.
I have chked with Menaka and she charges $380 for the bridal make-up for AD. $100-$150 for the henna artwork.

sphire80

Hi Shantair..10 days before?.. wow, tht must b real stress on you. My FH sis was in Aus during the pre wedding period. She n her HB were communicating via email.. he even had to post her a sample wedding ring. They still laugh abt it. Quite memorable.

my AD is most prob in 2008 .. knw its quite too soon to prepare now.. but my FB n myself plan to settle wedding details as much as possible tis yr.. hence next year we cn concentrate on ur home.

We kinds like Raffles Town Club.. still open to choices since there is still time. might sign BP with Yvonne Creative. Wht abt yourself?

Menaka's price is quite average. Her makeup is very natural. .. its up to preference. Some may think its once in a lifetime... hence drastic makeup would be preferred. TO mi.. I still want to look myself on my big day.
But if she's charging $380 for AD, wonder hw much she'll quote for indoor/outdoor photoshoot.?? Might reconsider tht part.

montcalm

Hi Sphire , I am not sure how much she will charge for photoshoot but I remember that she charges at $250 for engagement or wedding reception. As for the photoshoot it could be around the same price range.

I was told that to book the venue Raffles Town Club , one has to be a member there but I am not sure if my infomation is correct.

I have decided my wedding venue to be Ritz Carlton. I will have the customary wedding done in the morning followed by cocktails for my guest and then have my ROM solemnisation followed by lunch.

Its definitely going to be a madhouse on that day and I hope I will be able to pull it off.

sphire80

Not sure abt the photoshoot part as need her to move around with us and change makeup and hairdos. May charge higher.

Ritz Carlton is awesome. WOW! To book RTC u do not need to be a member but def if u r a member cost will be much lower.

Who is ur AD photo/videographer?.. Where wld u be getting ur wedding gown from?

montcalm

I have not decided on my AD photographer yet. Since I am engaging William Saravanan for my Bangle Ceremony Photography ( his wife will be doing the make-up for me on that day as well) I thot that I might get Chris Ling to do my actual day. The difference in photography style would be a nice change and not something common with indian weddings. Videography not decided yet.

Perhaps you could help me decide on my decor for the AD. I thot of a summer theme with lots of fresh flowers of orange . yellow , pink and red colours. My bridesmaid will be wearing lime green. Do you think theres too many colours?

sphire80

Who is William Saravanan?.. Is there any link tht I cld view his talent? I may still go for indian photographer for traditional. Considering Chris Ling - Kelvin for recept.

Too many colours... I guess so. Imagine indian relatives will def wear bright and colour full sarees/outfits. Hence if u hv too many colours your deco may not stand-out. At the end its still your preference. But summer setting is great. I would be limiting mine to red and gold to give a rich look.

montcalm

He is a freelance photographer. He takes digital pictures and its not bad. Indian photography but with a little differnce. I have his number if you want it and maybe you could meet up to see his work. No obligation but I dont think he has any webpage.

Yeah , i suppose you are right. I forgot to think of my realtives colourful sarees. I will still go with the summer theme but maybe not so many colours.

I actually considered 2 photographers for my AD. The best of both so that I dont miss out anything.

sphire80

Hi Shantair
Sorry hv been quite tied up. No.. mi din contact him. Not so soon.. My AD date is not fixed.. either end 07 or 08. So still early. Just trying to get all contacts. So all dont clash when the time comes.

montcalm

Dear Sphire,

Well its good that you are planning early. When it gets nearer ur AD you wont feel too stressed up. Are you having the traditional wedding in a temple? Have you decided which one?

sphire80

Shd be at the temple.. either Murugan at Tank Rd one, Vinayergar at Ceylon road or Mariamman at North Bridge Road.. Yourself?

montcalm

My wedding is at Ritz Carlton itself. Its too much of a hassel to have a wedding and then a reception so I decided to combine both and have the entire wedding at Ritz. I will have the customary wedding followed by cocktails for my guest. Then I planned to walk down the aisle in my white wedding gown with my FH . I am going to have bridesmaids, flowergirls and ringbearer and do the solemnisation ceremony followed by cake cutting. Lunch is then served followed by a dessert buffet. I will then change into a lengha and pour champange. It will be followed by thank you speeches and my first dance with my FH. Then the dance floor is opened for all. So , what do you think of my wedding? I know , its going to be a long event.

montcalm

Since my FH is caucasian and he agreed to get married the hindu way , I thought its only fair that I incorporate a little bit of the western influence on my wedding day as well.
kao_happy.gif

montcalm

If everything goes well , it will be quite a grand affair. Marriage is once in a lifetime and I want it to be an unforgettable day for me cos I will remember this day for the rest of my life.
My FH is very sweet and gives in to everything I want. I think in his own way , he is trying to make up for letting me handle all the wedding preparation myself. I think he feels guilty and is trying to make up for it by letting me have my way.
kao_wink.gif

hollywood

hi girls, happen to bump over this thread again...

Just to share my wedding exp,..i had my ROM last year and i engaged Shanti from Stylemart. She did an excellent job with the makeup. My church and wedding banquet was in feb this year. I signed up with The Wedding Present and once again, excellent service and design...

Just to share my photographers too...Thumbs up to both my photographers.. My main PG was Ron Lee from Eyedeas Photography and my 2nd PG was Jonathan from Expressive Joho. They did an awesome job with the pics..

Hubby is based in Los Angeles, so i just flew here to be with him for antoher 2-3 yrs. i am not doing anything at the moment, so pretty much tai tai now..hehehe..

Shantair, great choice, Ritz carlton is the BEST!! love their deco and ballroom. The table price for dinner was out of my budget if not i wld have chosen them. Your wedding is going to be fairytale.

Sphire, i tot kelvin from chri ling does not do AD photograhy, He only does PS....not to sure if they changed their minds...this is what i heard during my wedding preps..

If you are planning for PS, kelvin is a great choice. I hated my PS shots....it was done by Beetles at work aka Avenue8.

Ok girls, it is like 6am in the morning and i am still pretty much jetlagged...just landed 2 days ago and hoping i will recover soon......

Good night to all of you and talk to you again..

montcalm

Hi holly,

I am still undecided whom I shld engage for the make-up for my bridal gown. I want a different look from the typical indian make-up. Do you have pics that you cld share for me to take a look at your make-up?

My email add is [email protected]. Thanks

sphire80

Hi Holly

Cld I also view ur photos?
Heard of Shanti.. but never seen her talent. Whts her cost like? Perhaps she could also consider her as my MUA. I'm also hunting for a good PG and VG. May ur pics enlighten mi.

Shan, cld I view ur pics as well?

Email: [email protected] / [email protected]

I'm think of not getting any album from the bridal studio. And do up my own collage photo album integration of Our lifetime pics, ROM and AD. Wht do u gals think?. Only afraid that I may sit on it...kekeke

hollywood

hi girls, have sent you my photos...both ROM and AD.

Sphire, great idea...get a cover album and it can be your on DIY wedding book. You can check out this place at Stamford place, It's called Beautiful memories, they sell lots of very nice DIY albums, various materials...

montcalm

Dear Holly,

You are such a pretty bride. I just saw your pics and you look so lovely. I loved your bridal gown especially the short and long skirt. I saw the make-up done by Shanti and you did look very natural and sweet. I am seriously considering asking her to do my make-up for my bridal gown.

Thank you again for sharing your pics.

montcalm

Dear Sphire

I dont have any pics yet. I am not able to do a PS in Singapore before my wedding cos my FH will only arrive here 10 days before the wedding. I will do my PS during my honeymoon in Switzerland.

hollywood

Thank you Shantair for the compliments.
You should consider Shanti, her makeup is pretty modern cos she herself is very much modern and uptodate. Every women will look her best on her wedding day...and so will you and Sphire!!

oh..wow..switzerland is going to blow your mind...it's going to be so niceeee ya..
And your PS is going to be so unique with all the amazing backgrounds...

It's great that finally, we indians get a thread we can chat abt our wedding preps...

montcalm

Dear Holly,

I do agree with you. I was so glad when I came across this site and found this thread.

Switzeland will be wonderful but when I think of how I am going to find a photographer there and arrange all the necessary things it gives me a headache

montcalm

Holly,

Cld you tell me where you got the flowergirl's dress. Its very sweet and I am hunting around for something for both my flowergirls and my ringbearer.

hollywood

hi shantair, I got the dress from CK Tangs, 4th level, kids dept. It was on one of the dress racks..got it at a sale price. It was originally S$180 but got it for $150.00.

I only had one girl so i cld splurge alittle..haha...

Anyway, just check out that place, they might have newer stuff..or maybe sale going on there right now...have fun shopping.

Is there any forum for brides in switzerland?? Try checking them out...

montcalm

Dear Holly,

Thanks for the info , I will chk out CK Tangs.
I did not come across any thread for brides in switzerland. I do have my heart set on a PS in Switzerland and I will arrange it somehow. If I truly cannot find anyone , then I will just get a photographer from London and arrange him to take the pics in Switzerland.

So , how do you like LA so far and how are u coping with the jetlag?

hollywood

Dear Shantair, Tat's sounds like a good option, arranging it in London since you will be there after the wedding. So how long will you be in London? I've never been to london and i am hoping me and hubby can go next year August. Hubby is a fanatic liverpool football fan, so will probably watch a game from the new season.

LA is alright, very much a pretentious city and i've covered much places already...especially all the touristy areas, so now it's down to making some friends here and keeping myself occupied. Been watching so much of TV and also tryin to cook.hehe..only a beginner. I am more like getting used to it now, wldn't say i am jetlagged anymore.

How abt you? What are your plans in London...you planning to work or have fun at home?

Sphire, not seen you for sometime?? You there??
How's your wedding prep going on ya??

montcalm

Dear Holly, I dont know how long I will live in London. My FH has lived in London for abt 8 years now. Before that , he lived in Paris for a couple of years. His home is actually in Toronto Canada but since his parents have both passed away , he has not lived there in a while.

London , either you love it or you hate it. If you come to London in August next year perhaps we could meet up. I would love to show u around if you want me to.

Basically I would not be doing anything in London. Enjoy life , shop , visit museums, shop some more and travel and then shop some more I guess
kao_clap.gif

My FH did say sometime ago that if I am truly bored in London then I could take up french classes ( my FH is french ) or cooking classes in Cordon Bleu.

So far I have not really planned what I would do when I live there. I suppose I would just have to wait and see.

sphire80

Hi Ladies.

I'm around. Only come here occassiionally. Tht's y I may seem quiet sometimes.. kekeke. Nice photos... love them. Can I know wht's shanti's charges and ur PG and VG package like?.. Going down to Yvonne creation to take a look at the gowns and photos later. Hopefully my finace will be happy to sign up today.

montcalm

Hey Sphire,

Its good to hear from you . I hope you do manage to sign up today if you love what you see. Do let us know the outcome.

Take care and happy shopping.

sphire80

Yup signed with minimal deposit. Squeezed almost everything out of them....kekekee

If my Solemnization goes as planned on Sept 2007, I culd go for first appt in Nov. Fast ah?

hollywood

Hey Sphire, sounds good...have heard quite alot of good comments abt Yvonne Creative. Oh yea..tell us what kinda deal u got...

Shantair, hey thanks...we'll get in touch when i am coming over to London. It will be great to have a girlfriend bringing me around...especially the shopping!!

sphire80

Told my coordinator that my solemnization & dinner may be brought forward and traditional marriage remains on stated date. Guess she got me wrongly. So she threw in ROM package. She also gave 2 car deco for different days, changed my AD morning makeup to 5 15R pic. EG to 3 15R pic as I wont be needing it. She inc my pics from 20 to 26 without me asking. Got 2 family photos, 2 mini album on top of the 15R montage album. 100 namecard size photos. Guestbook .. quite a few more. Cant rem off hand. On the whole both my fiance and myself felt the deal was pretty comprehensive. Its like whtever I ask, she willingly gives. Its all written B&W in the receipt. So dont see any foal play.

sphire80

Hi Ladies

I hv a RTC Presidential Suite to let go. Won it during their bridal show. Expires 2nd July. Price neg. Interested?

montcalm

Dear Sphire and Holly , I am leaving to London next week and quite busy with the preps right now. Will log in now and then so do keep this thread updated
kao_wink.gif

hollywood

shantair, guess you're already in London by now...have fun preparing and if you need anyting, just pop by here....take care!!