I thought marriages only failed because of money or a straying spouse

enne

I got married in Oct 2006. My hubby and I made love only 3 times since.

Here's my story. I'm going to call my hubby Mr F.

Mr F and I met in early 2005 through a friend just before he went overseas for a course. He was very gentlemanly, and cute. He didn’t ask for my number but I thought about him all week. I eventually asked my gf for his number and sent him a text.

We spent hours on MSN and the phone. He was so much fun to chat with. The chemistry was great. We chatted on the phone every night after awhile. I was in heaven. I thought about him all day and anxiously waited for his calls. I slept with a smile on my face after we hung up in the wee hours of the morning. He was very certain and expressed his love for me after a week or so. I was so in shock that I made him take it back. I told him that he didn't know what he was saying. It was too soon.

After a month, he showed up to surprise me after his course has ended. I was ecstatic to see him. But still frightened by this very intense man who was so certain about his love for me.

On one occasion, I fell sick. Late at night he drove over to see me. I looked out of the window and there he was, standing downstairs, with a packet of flu tablets.

Then, I got more and more frightened. I wasn’t sure. Then one day, I told him that I couldn’t commit so quickly and we sort of stopped seeing each other. I ended up with another guy, X. We both simply enjoyed each other's company because we weren't looking for someone to marry. We just dated for companionship. I knew I wasn’t going to marry X but still I slept with him. This was a very, very big mistake. After a couple of months, I just couldn’t be in a relationship with X anymore because I knew I wasn't going to stay in a relationship with him for good. We split on good terms. Mr F calls X my f*ck buddy. Sounds so crude but I guess he’s right. I shouldn’t have been so easy but I was.

After I ended my stint with X, Mr F and I gradually started contacting each other again. Then we started going out. We never really made it clear if we were seeing each other exclusively though we were. We didn’t introduce each other as boyfriend and girlfriend. But we held hands. It felt so natural.

This time, Mr F did everything right. He didn’t push me into anything but was always there taking care of me.

After some months we finally made it official.

We had lots of arguments. My skirt was too short, my blouse was too low. He was possessive. He wanted me all to himself, which was so annoying but flattering. We always argued till I cried and made passionate love after. I couldn’t resist him. He wanted me anywhere and everywhere. I found that very sexy. We made love everywhere. I loved it when we made love. He wanted to mark me as his and his alone and that made me love him so much. This man truly wants me.

Of course, the arguments persisted even though I made a conscious effort to dress conservatively. There were days I wondered why he was restricting me so much. I truly believed that I was ok. I wasn’t one to cheat or stray. I thought my behavior was proper but he didn’t. One day, we bumped into X and I gave him a friendly hug. I thought nothing of it since we had already ended our fling. Mr F was furious. At that time, I really didn’t know why.

On other occasions, he got mad as soon as I had any physical contact with any other guy, even if it was just a friendly pat on the arm. We argued several times about this. He had been questioning my morals.

Slowly, I adjusted. I stopped wearing my spaghetti strapped tops and short skirts. Tee shirts with necklines that did not fit just around my neck were out too. I gradually changed my wardrobe so that he would approve. I became very conscious about the way I sat and if I had to bend forward to get anything. I re-learned modesty. I didn’t hug my friends, just waved hello and goodbye. I didn’t contact anyone whom I thought he didn’t approve of. I was very weary of the jobs I did and turned them down if they required any physical contact. I told myself this was good for me. It became part of me to be conscious.

Slowly, he stopped being overly controlling. I had gained some of his trust.

Throughout this time, Mr F was still very certain of his love for me and I loved him so much too.

In Oct 2006, we got married. Our sex life had been fantastic up till then. We didn't make love on our wedding night. He was dead drunk. I assumed that it would have been the same for other couples as well. Over the first couple of weeks of our marriage, we didn't make love as well. I assumed it was because we were so busy and tired adjusting to living together. A month passed, I thought it was because there were always other family members in the house. Then we made love one day. And I cast all the questions away.

It was after several months that we made love again. In between, the same thoughts surfaced and I settled them with the same excuses.

Months passed and we again didn't make love. I demanded no TV nights and asked why there weren't any passion left. He went and got me flowers and cookies.

Other than the sex or should I say no sex, our relationship was great. He cooked for me, took me out, gave me advice on my work problems. But he never made any sexual advances. He would hug me and kiss me but nothing more than that.

So one day I demanded that we slept naked. Eventually, we made love. But half way through he just couldn't continue. He told me that it wasn’t working. At that time I didn’t know if he was referring to a physical problem and so didn’t press on.

After that day, I never made any forceful advances anymore. I would strut around the house naked or in nice underwear when we had our own home but he never initiated sex. Everytime my hand strayed on his body he would say things like the weather was too warm, or that he had to go to the loo. I whored myself to my husband and he didn’t want me. The mornings proved that he wasn’t having any problems with getting it up. He just didn’t want me near it.

Finally, in Dec 08 I said it straight out. We have a serious problem. We’ve been married for more than 2 years and only made love 3 times. And he said he couldn’t let go of my stint with X. He said that everytime we got intimate (which was only that 3 times in 2 years) he pictured me with X.

He was in a great deal of pain. He said it hurt him to even look at me and needed to sort it out on his own. We had talked about it a couple of times. He keeps insisting that he feels a lot of pressure and needed time and space. He has resorted to drinking coming home only in the wee hours of the morning reeking of alcohol. Some days he wouldn't even come home, preferring to go out till it's time to go to work.

Chinese New Year was downright difficult. I had to practice smiling and pretending that everything is alright. I found it so difficult to control my expression, my thoughts.

It isn’t getting easier by the day. I don’t know if I’m becoming over sensitive and suspicious. I notice that he had been getting more text messages and now hold his phone close to him as he slept. I don’t think he’s cheating on me but he seems to have stopped communicating with me. He doesn’t call or text me anymore. He has several business plans that I don’t know of. I got scared when I saw him surfing the HDB website. Is he making plans to sell the house? Our home? He has stopped calling me hun or laopo the way he used to. He has avoided sitting close to me and has pushed me away a few times when I tried to pull him close.

I’m scared that he has already given up on our marriage and is making other plans. I truly love him and want to work things out. But I don’t know how.

I'd like us to see a marriage counsellor but he has refused. He says he had spoken to his friends who were professionals and they all said that they couldn't help him. He got mad when I said we could work it out. He said that in this case there's no 'us', it 'him' and only he could fix his own problem and he doesn't know how except to drink.

I really lost.

Your hubby is over-possessive & perfectionist. He's obviously looking for a virgin wife. Sadly, you are now a flawed item to him.

I really dislike his mentality. If he refuses to seek help, you can only accept this sexless marriage or leave him.

sylar

I guess it's part of the conquest that is fun. Once he possessed you both physically and mentally, the fun part is over.

I would be wary about those text messages and especially when he held his phone when going to sleep. That is usually not a good sign.

However, if he is in the clear and he is merely losing interest in you. The only way to rekindle his fire is to make yourself the prize again. Make him fight for you. Change your wardrobe, revamp yourself. Make yourself be wanted. Eh, but do so in moderation ok? There are risks that it may backfire. You may have a few Mr Xs around, but not XXX with any of the Xs... :p

enne

Thank you Green and Sylar for responding.

I think both of you are right.

And sadly, i've come home to an empty house again. I can't stand myself for being such a weakling. I don't dress shabbily and have earning power. I'm strong enough to be independent in all ways but love.

I've started working on not calling him or asking where he is. I've been going out with my girlfriends, making my own plans. It seems like I'm single again and have a housemate who's not around most of the time. I don't want him to stay with me out of pity. I want a husband's who's in love with me.

It's a battle everyday that I fight. I very much want to tell him that I miss him and ask him to stay home with me. I fight not to cry and mope. It's very tiring.

ryanmel

You are awake now? he's not at home yet?

Did you have a nice face-to-face talk with him about your existing issue?

miloice

you have chosen to be blinded to all the signs of an overly possessive man and married him. now, u r finally seeing the true him. frankly, i see his determination to woo u not love but ego. he cannot accept failure. to him, it was a big failure to lose u to x.

my advice. stop thinking of how to improve the marriage. start thinking of what u really want and need first. no point fighting to preserve something u dont really want. and need. start thinking long term now that u finally see through this man.

if u decided to leave him, be prepared. either he will be so drama again and beg u or turn totally nasty. he will not swallow easily being rejected and dumped by u. again. if he wants to part. he wants to be the one that dump v. in the nutshell, he is in love with himself. his stupid ego.

open your eyes completely. stop being blind. whatever Feelings there were, nothing is more dear to him but his pride. this man doesnt know love nor respect. all he thinks is about himself and his feelings. did he even care for how u feel with all the restricting etc.

atos_sg

Hi Enne,

Your story is long, but one thing I could see lacking is a heart to heart talk with him. You can do whatever things you think that could resolve your problem, but if you have not talk to him, you know nothing yet.

Focus on future during your talk, not what happened in the past. There are still lots of things waiting for both of you to do together as a family, no longer just 'you' and 'me' alone.

silverash

Hi Thambelina

I think you must be feeling very confused now.

How love can take such a sharp turn. He used to be so loving and you being so certain about his love for you. He portrayed his love too deeply, that you let your caution down and let him into your heart, only to find that it was all just a lie from the start.

I do agree with Milo, he is the kind of guy, who never loved anyone but himself and his ego.

I understand perfectly cause i had a near similar situation as you are. I was so certain about his love, but only to get scars and bruises.

I fell so hard. But when it has to end, it has to. We broke off fast and hard because cards were on the table. I found out about the cheating, though not physically, but it was sufficient enough to know he was no longer mine. He made the decision for me. Now i wasn't even sure if he was mine to begin with.

But nonetheless, U have to realise that at the end of the day, you have to love yourself more.
You have to think about yourself. If this is the kind of marriage you want. A neglected, lonely wife?

Well, I'm not asking you to leave him immediately, but do give it a thought about what you want in life. It's easier said than being done, as I was in a wreck when he left my life.I still am. Wounds are fresh, but it does heal, slowly.

It is hard to think things through as you do not have a clear head. But slowly, edge your life away from him, because the things he is doing now is just intoxicating your thoughts and you will think of nothing, but only him.

Do things you would always like to try, but never have the chance to. Like some sports you are interested in, have fun and enjoy urself. It will help you in looking at things with a perspective.

miloice

to be fair, it doesn't mean he didn't put his heart to the relationship. I believe he truly did BUT it wasn't for love. It was for his personal objective to WIN.

Things he did was for personal objective and not for your interests. He doesn't place any priority in you at all. Its all about him him him.

vios

One thing for sure, he has been questioning your loyalty since you two got attached from Day One. He might be an insecure guy. Either this, or the history between you and X. Well... maybe both.

Spiritually, it's great that you two could get along fine - good communications, good conversations, perhaps good chemistry. But when it comes to Sexually, sadly he could accept You as his gf but as not his Ideal wife. He simply couldn't accept that his married gf (now wife) had an open sexual relationship with another person before marriage.

Can you see his perspective? It seems ridiculous, but for some guys, there are indeed some 'Could' and 'Couldn't' acceptance-stuffs on the transition from a gf to a wife. Notice, the past-present tense?

I guess it largely boils down to the obvious fact that the he's still living on Your past memories which affect him adversely.

Do get prepared for his unsaid parts, cos' it seems like there might be more coming your way, judging by his current behaviour. And yes, you do need to thrash out this sequel before deciding what to do next.

miloice

vios,
its not just about accepting her history.

He doesn't even accept enne for who she is. She has to change everything about herself to suit this idiot. Only for him to realize after marriage its too much for him to bear. Come on, how much she needs to give in to this chap. He needs to deal with his insecurity too! All we see is how enne have done everything to accomodate and its still NOT ENOUGH.

Its ridiculous and STUPID to excuse him for something he cannot and couldn't accept since day one. YET, he went all out to wooed, proposed and married her. He is totally screwed up and shouldn't even be married in the 1st place. His self-centeredness is to the extreme.

vios

I do think that is a mistake on both sides. He being an insecure, controlling freak for some reasons, and enne being accomodating to him on all counts w/o questioning his real stance. It's just plain Agreeing without Understanding its deeper reasoning.

It's like a balloon that will surely explore any time soon. Honestly, it could have been enne's. And it's just a pity it wasn't REALLY sorted out before marriage. It's a pity also because their so-called good conversations stop short of sorting out this issue.

enne

I've been reading our emails from 2005 that were sent during the time we first met and he went away for training. i've been looking at our wedding photos. Why has my dream turned into a nightmare?

I found 2 receipts in his wallet for alcohol. He had spent $650 on buying 2 bottles of hard liquor in 10 days. What's this resort live band place at east coast? Is it a healthy place?

Yes Shirurinu, my thoughts are all of him. I am so confused. I keep telling myself that I've got to live my own life. But I keep thinking if he really wants this marriage to work out.

We have addressed the issue a few times since Dec. I think the first talk made him realize that we can't avoid it anymore. He begged me to just act normal and let him work it out on his own. I tried. 3 weeks later and still no change. In fact, it bugged me that 'normal' isn't going to work. We need to do something about it. And so I tried to share his problem by telling him that it wasn't just his problem but ours. I tried to convince him that WE can work it out together. But he has done nothing but push me away.

I really want to pack my bags and leave him be. To give him the tiime and space he needs. But by doing that, I might just lose him. I'll afraid that our marriage really ends without even having tried to salvage it.

supersparrow

1st part i have to side with the guy regarding the dressing. No man will want his gf or wife to anyhow expose herself in public through plunging necklines or high slits that expose the underwear when sitting down or going up the escalator. Is for your own good that you relearn modesty.

2nd part i have to side with the man again. He wooed u, but u rejected him cos u were scared of his love. After rejecting him, u actually hooked up with a guy u did not love and became intimate with him. He will be hurt because firstly he loved u but u rejected him and threw yourself at somebody u didn't love, and secondly you went back to him after ending your fling which to him, he may see himself as a substitute because you couldn't find someone else better.

3rd part i still agree with the guy. As a girl, it is not nice to be seen hugging or touching any guy friends. Some people may think cmon, what age already still so conservative?? But honestly, as a wife, no man can stand his wife hugging another male friend in public. Except those nutcases in sammyboy forums or swinging communities.

4th part i agree with the woman. The man is a bit cranky in the head. If he can't let go of the wife's past, he shouldn't have married her in the first place. And if he can't let go, he should seek professional help. Sick people will never admit they are sick. So call the IMH and drag him to the hospital for treatment.

5th part is a mystery. Wife may have ended fling with X, but are they still in contact? Like trying to be normal friends? If still in contact, it may have led to husband losing trust in wife.

thommy

Hi enne,

Sorry to hear of your emotional struggles, it must have been very hard on you during this time...

Your hubby obviously can't let go of the fact that you were 'imperfect' before u two were married. In this case he probably won't ever let go too, considering that it has been 3 yrs already and it is still haunting him till date. Some guys can live and let live, but in your case obviously he can't. It was a mistake right from the start; he shldn't even have married you if this fact BOTHERED him that much.

Sorry for being harsh, but I think u shld leave him like what the majority say here. No point haggling over a lost romance and pinning hopes that things will be better cos a marriage takes two hands to clap. Get on with your life and move on, I'm sure there are others out there who will appreciate u for who u are
happy.gif

miloice

vios,

yah true, its definitely on both sides. But, how would ene suppose to know of his sudden change from before and after marriage. Its is ironic that he can make love so passionately with her before marriage but only have problems after marriage.

This is unacceptable unreasonable behavior. It is quite hard to predict that he would flip this drastically once after marriage.

Its not about him not being able to let go. Because, he knew of it during the entire courtship. Why can he could deal with it all these while?? There are lies on his part just for him to 'win' and 'possess'. He has every intent to hide these from her. There is no way anyone can communicate on this if he intend to hide his true emotions about it all these while. Till now, he is rejecting counselloring or any help. It always takes 2 to tango.

enne

Yes, why have I allowed myself to get into marriage so quickly? i was eager to have my own home, to build my own family, to get away from my own dysfunctional one.

I believed Mr F after months of his 'certainty' that we could work out. Now, I'm no longer a prize. Just a trophy that he doesn't want anymore.

But is this the end? Doesn't marriage mean commitment to your vows? Isn't that what the 'good times and bad' mean?

miloice

enne, the vows only hold true when both are committed to it. Its totally pointless to hold on to them alone. It becomes a lost cause dragging on the suffering because only of a principle.

silverash

Before i discovered the cheating, he told me the same thing. There are a lot of things on his mind, and he needs to sort it out ON HIS OWN. No one can help it on that and he can't tell me what is going on at that point.

I thought he is going through major life issues, so i leave him to it but i told him i will always be there for him if he needs me.

But sadly, thinking back, he just needs time to think if he really wants to leave me.

A marriage won't work by just thinking, and the sad thing now is u thinking if he wants it to work. You won't get any answer even you kill all your brain cells. It's not going to help in the situation.

Either you make a firm stand and leave him, or u put into action to salvage your marriage. I don't wish to say that, but I feel that he allows himself to drift away from you. He wants to and he doesn't want to face it, so he is escaping from you now.

Like you, i felt unfair because i wasn't given a chance to work things out. I didn't even realise there was a problem and the relationship ended. It all was sudden and just in a span of 1 week. It takes 2 hands to clap, my dear. U need consensus to salvage a marriage or relationship, and then work on it together. Not just on ur wishful part to salvage what seems left in ur marriage.

miloice

silverash,

realize that fairness is not an entitlement. Its a privilege that needed effort. When things don't work out, some people are just more selfish. They need reasons to ease their own guilt. Its pretty natural thing.

Life is such. Painful lessons in life make us cherish more those that love us and treat us fairly. Everything comes with a price, it didn't come freely. So, appreciate every effort that is put it.

We live in a society where we take simple basic things for granted and our expectation never ceases to grow.

Enne,

How long has he been resorting to drinking and coming back only at the wee hours of the morning? If it has been since 2006, I think he is simply taking too long to sort out his thoughts and he probably won't be able to sort it out even if you give him another 5 years. If this was to happen to me, I would move out and give a timeline for both to sort out and see how to proceed from here. Maybe your absence could give him the space he needs? If by the deadline he still can't decide, then you will have to let it go. No point continuing with the present plight. It is difficult but trust me, you would be able to do it.

enne

He only started to get really depressed after my confrontation in last Dec. But in Jan 09 he began to really block me out.

It's really depressing that almost everyone doesn't have a positive outlook on this. If our marriage does end, I'll probably agree with you guys. I hate myself for wanting to cling on.

silverash

Milo: I get your drift

ALthough we were not married, he vowed to me before about his love, saying vows are unbreakable. When we broke off, i asked about his vows as he was a religious person and dedicated to god.

He said the vows are unbreakable when the faith is strong. But now, he's not sure. I was like "WTF" lol

vios

milo, true that enne wouldn't know... but im not surprised if her hubby was shocked with his own change as well. Don't get me wrong... im not defending the guy; just craving out the possible circumstances. For sure, his possessiveness and controlling ways are warning signs for enne during their courtship days.... due to Some Reasons that shld be actually be explored much earlier.

So, i'm questioning her previous stance - to compromise for his own sake - or really, for their sake? From what i read, it's just to please him all the way. Why not remove her own doubts as she moves along and there might be a chance to understand what the heck he's thinking all along? (after all, she finally realises it's that 'sex buddy' thing with X.)

Frankly, i see that this is not only a sexual problem. He could make love passionately to his then-gf enne, but it truly bites his inner mental state about wifey-enne. It might also be a psychology or emotion problem... i don't know.

From his current behaviour which he chose to run away from the Reality, i think he knew he made a mistake (by thinking he could accept 'the unacceptance').

miloice

vios... that isn't his only mistake. The bigger mistake that he is continuing is his self centeredness. This is the thing that I'm truly pissed about this man.

Throughout the entire ordeal, he only sees himself. What a sick bastard.

Good lunch, bon appetite.

Enne,

Oh... you mean from 2006 to end 2008, the relationship between both of u has been a great housemate/friend type. After the confrontation, it took a drastic dip to the extent that he resorted to drinking and not coming home?

Actually I can't really understand how his attitude can change so much before and after confrontation? If both of you have been sharing a housemate/friend relationship for the past 2 over years, surely he is aware of his own feelings and problems, it is not as if there is a new revelation. Why should he resort to drowning his "sorrows"? Unless he had intended for the relationship to continue like this and hoping that you will not probe? And now that you have burst the balloon, he can't handle it and hence resorting to drinking.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I was just thinking aloud. If that is the case, I will still give him a deadline for him to sort out his thoughts and in the meantime move out of his life. If he had wanted out, you hanging around in the house would not stop him from changing his mind... if you understand what I mean.

silverash

I think it's good that some space can be given to him for now. It will give u some space to think as well.

If it is so fragile, then it shows that how weak the foundation of the relationship is in the first place.

vios

milo, ya.. can understand why you are pissed from your perspective...

enne, it is certainly a downtime in your marriage at this point, i can understand that it is gonna be tough during this phrase. We can see that you really want to mend things up with him, but sadly, i think it's not a good time Now.
Looks like he needs more time to sort his whatever stuffs. Gotta give him a specified frame for that (pls let him know, don't stay silent) and your own good as well, rather than getting blocked out all the time.

If he is still unable/unwilling to work on this pro-longed crack or choose to avoid, maybe then it's time for you to give him up.

enne

I've made plans to speak to two of his best mates tmr night. Hopefully they can give me an insight of the situation from his point of view. Then perhaps I can decide my next move.

Right now Im really considering moving out but I don't want to move back to my parents' place cos I haven't told them about it and am not ready to. But my husband works shifts so maybe I'll stay away the days he's off and come back when he's working.

I might call AWARE to see if they can help in anyway.

haiz. thanks everybody. will update.

dsmummy

enne,
are his friends aware of the 'issue' both of you face? if no, will ur hb flare up when he know that you approach them?

vios

"1st part i have to side with the guy regarding the dressing. No man will want his gf or wife to anyhow expose herself in public through plunging necklines or high slits that expose the underwear when sitting down or going up the escalator. Is for your own good that you relearn modesty."
- Wtf? I don't think it's accurate. Enne never mentioned that she exposes herself through plunging necklines or what... it's her spaghetti strapped tops, short skirts(not mini hor), Tee shirts with necklines? It's pretty okay mah...

"2nd part i have to side with the man again. He wooed u, but u rejected him cos u were scared of his love. After rejecting him, u actually hooked up with a guy u did not love and became intimate with him. He will be hurt because firstly he loved u but u rejected him and threw yourself at somebody u didn't love, and secondly you went back to him after ending your fling which to him, he may see himself as a substitute because you couldn't find someone else better."
- Nope i disagree, bcos Enne chose her own path. And, what's got to do with him as they weren't together yet. If he sees himself as a substitute 'sex buddy', then he gotta face it and work on it... shldn't factor in Enne as part of his problem.

"3rd part i still agree with the guy. As a girl, it is not nice to be seen hugging or touching any guy friends. Some people may think cmon, what age already still so conservative?? But honestly, as a wife, no man can stand his wife hugging another male friend in public. Except those nutcases in sammyboy forums or swinging communities."
- I think, Friendly Hugs can be quite subjective... depending on the guy himself. For Enne's hubby, i can understand his reactions as he has already been feeling downright insecure esp. with X.

"4th part i agree with the woman. The man is a bit cranky in the head. If he can't let go of the wife's past, he shouldn't have married her in the first place. And if he can't let go, he should seek professional help. Sick people will never admit they are sick. So call the IMH and drag him to the hospital for treatment."
- This one, most will agree that he shld sort out his issue first before attempting to think abt marriage. But, the IMH part abit too much lah.

"5th part is a mystery. Wife may have ended fling with X, but are they still in contact? Like trying to be normal friends? If still in contact, it may have led to husband losing trust in wife."
- i believe no more contact liao... but his knowledge of their history plus that 'friendly hug' have some serious repercussion.

miloice

no point speaking to his friends about it. He will resent u for that. That is pretty certain especially given the kind of ego he has.

If he doesn't want to speak about it, there is no way u can ply him open. Learn to acknowledge and respect that.

atos_sg

If you have the extra $, why not spend some money to hire PI clear the mind first. If he comes clean, give him the benefit of doubts, he doesn't know how to manage the relationship between you and him. Otherwise.....

At least you know what's going on.....

kinberuri

This is my person point of view after reading ur situation.

I do have to agree at some point of time, guys are over-protective over their spouse or gf. Well, this is pretty obvious that they just doesnt wan to feed the other guys out there....candies to their eyes. And thats pretty normal.

Situation about u and X, well...no matter what....its over.... If he really loves u, he will forget about it and love u more inorder to ensure that u don hook on with another "f buddy".

Mind me for saying that Mr F is a loser...cos he came up with an lame excuse saying that....

"And he said he couldn’t let go of my stint with X. He said that everytime we got intimate (which was only that 3 times in 2 years) he pictured me with X."

Damn him, are u with him in a r/s when u make love with X? NO! So why he bother....
Does that mean that he have no past? And he is a virgin before making love with you?

He need to straighten out his mind!

miloice

"1st part ...No man will want his gf or wife to anyhow expose herself in public through plunging necklines or high slits that expose the underwear ..."

This is so subjective lah. At Holland Village, got couple nude somemore. And in some society, women must cover their heads and some even cover the entire body.

"2nd part .. he may see himself as a substitute because you couldn't find someone else better."

So? What is the point? I don't get it. Did someone put a gun to his stupid head to force him into this marriage? What's there to side? This guy is a loser. His hurts is understandable, but his actions are so lame.

"3rd part ...Except those nutcases in sammyboy forums or swinging communities."

Again, so subjective. Do we marry someone to force them to change? If we want someone this conservative, fine, GO FIND SOMEONE suitable.

"4th part ... If he can't let go of the wife's past, he shouldn't have married her in the first place. And if he can't let go, he should seek professional help."

There are 2 parts. 1st, he cannot accept her past. BUT, he also cannot accept the current her. SO, WHAT CAN HE ACCEPT? A DOG that obeys and worships him? In actual fact, he has shown nothing that he likes or admire her about. Its all about what he wants, that's all.

"5th part is a mystery. ....If still in contact, it may have led to husband losing trust in wife."

I agree that enne is totally not wise thing to hug X. Its completely insensitive and foolish of her. But his lack of trust is another thing altogether, it has to do more with his insecure possessive nature. She should have known better and foresee the kind of reactions.

pokoyo

I heard hynoptic therapy helps couple understand each other better by speaking the hidden side out of a person. He may not understand why he is like that so the therapist is there to help him focus and get to the problem source. Then you will know what is the real reason. After that, the therapist will both of you over come the family problem if its the cause. You may like to propose and try one or two, but heard its rather expensive.

simpleman

Speaking to his friends may not be necessarily bad. Of course you have to handle this carefully and not to let him know that you are doing this - not now anyway.

My advice is after the talk - assuming that there is no particular insight that you can work on - it may be good to be separated/away from him for a while - for both to cool down and think of the next step

enne

"1st part ...No man will want his gf or wife to anyhow expose herself in public through plunging necklines or high slits that expose the underwear ..."

I wasn't wearing anything that revealing. I wasn't conscious about holding on to my top when bending over. I stopped wearing my skirts ever since the day he disapproved of it. Even after we got married (when I thought there were no more trust issues) I asked if he thought I looked alright before I stepped out of the house. This consciousness I had to learn, no one else said anything before him.

"2nd part .. he may see himself as a substitute because you couldn't find someone else better."

Yes I think he does. But I believe that he did try to not let it bother him.

"3rd part ...Except those nutcases in sammyboy forums or swinging communities."

But he hugs his female friends too.

"4th part ... If he can't let go of the wife's past, he shouldn't have married her in the first place. And if he can't let go, he should seek professional help."

I do WANT to seek help.

"5th part is a mystery. ....If still in contact, it may have led to husband losing trust in wife."

I didn't keep in contact with X. I received announcement texts from him but that was only during the beginning bit of Mr F n my r/s. After that I completely stopped contacting any one I thought he would disapprove of.

* He told me that his close friends knew. That's why I wanna speak to them.

** Does a man HAVE to sleep w someone? Do you guys really think that if he's not doing it with me, he's doing it with someone else?

*** My F and I have both been in past r/s where our longtime (i mean 8-9yrs) partners cheated on us. And I've always thought that since he knows the pain of being cheated on, he will not cheat on me.

So your hubby wasn't a virgin to begin with! Wah pang, then he still expected you to be a perfect virgin before he deflowered u.

I think you would be happier without this type of spouse to control you and 'degrade' you. How much more are you going to change yourself to please him?

enne

you are all being able to see the situation much clearer than me. i don't know where to find the strength.

Enne,
Move back to your parent's house 1st, get some time away, and think things through. Your family will be able to offer you some emotional support at the same time
happy.gif
Remember you still have love from your family and friends!

saggitarian

wahaha ... astonished by the different angles point of views...

for my side ...

i believe he suffer from sexual mental block which result in a damage in his ego. he at first tot it will be ok but since u in dec bring it up to him .. it given him more pressure to have intimacy with you . this also result in him not wanting to come home as he is scare not been able to deliver the result u r yearning for..

as there is a difference in time period.. we cannot determine if X is really involve in this matter or not . or is it just his own physical problem.. this thing can be look into 2 different ways .. it is like you 2 have wild sex b4 marriage it may be due that his mentality treat u as a prized trophy.. but he is now doing it out of love .. so he is having this mental block.. seriouly . i do not know.. but i hope u get my point ..

i do not know how to advise actually but i did saw in the papers b4 .. there are DR Sex in singapore who helps these problems ..

sylar

enne, i think it's a good idea to move out for a while, totally move out and not coming back during his shifts. Explain to him that you are giving him some time-out and that you're not abandoning instead of leaving in a huff.

I might be over generalising but I think most men don't like confrontation, nor talk about problems he can't solve and especially when you are the focus of it.

Give him space. Give him time to reflect. And give him a chance to miss you. Once he starts reliving the happy moments with you and having happy thoughts, it'll be easier.

pokoyo

Enne you need to think and try all possibility.
What if all these actions he portray are lies?
If these are lies, could he be sleeping outside with someone or many? If you move out, maybe he will bring women home? Could it be one of his tricks to let you rise the divorce?
If it is true that he is ill, try all means to have counselling be it hynotic therapy or friends or any professionals. I don't think it is a good idea to move out. 2 years of space is good enough, I feel you have given him plenty. Try to be fair to yourself.

shatterheart

actually.. if i as yr hubby shoe i will pondering till now why... we first started knw each other till point i wanted to marry u, instead of happily accept it but u avoid it n worse u go out n just find a MR X to have intimacy...? worsen scenario u hv the cheek to come bk n say u still love me..??? i hv mix feeling of hating u to the core cos u make fool on my love for u n on other hand love u deep in my heart cos u my 2nd most love in this world.....
sad.gif

cuclainne

wondering .. enne was the one who made the first move on the husband back then - getting his number, texting him .. but when he starting to profess his love for her, she got 'frightened' .. surely when you start something, you have got an 'end' in mind - what you would like to achieve from your actions .. why did she run away?

not saying who's right and who's wrong .. just curious la!