I like my boss

babystorm

Hope, "Sad that I'm joining this rank of women? Detest women who cheapen themselves to be TOW?"

I used to detest TOW because I believe if a relationship involves a 3rd party, it's not true and pure love anymore. However, as I grow up, I realised life does not work this way. Love is not 1 + 1 = 2. Gradually, I stopped my extreme thinking in relationship matters.

Anyways, I have more than enough on my bowl and I really don't need you to rub salt into my wound.

babystorm

Milo, we have similar thinking.. I remember reading that you have similar experience but was able to control your feelings well? In my dictionary, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. There is no absolute in this world.

It can be called a crush, infatuation or intense liking.. The last I touched my heart, my feelings are real.

simpleman

When we think we are in love.. the feelings are of course "real".. how fake can it be?

But what is "real" and will last? Or what is "real" but transient. And what is what and which is which - who can tell.

The feelings we have may not be the most important. The consequences and the outcome of what will be may be more important. Because it will ultimate determine if we are happy for a while or happy for a longer period of time.

powder

truly, Sadly, deeply...

hope requires wait, wait requires patience, patience requires motivation, motivation requires purpose, purpose requires reason, reason requires logic, logic requires honesty, honesty requires truth, truth requires knowledge, knowledge requires u to get out of your own web of lies...

hope, it's lost even if u dun let go.

miloice

Miyako, the more you managed to overcome, the more confident you get in coping with it. Which is why the so-called 'good guys' are the dangerous lot as they do not have the experience to deal with their crushes beyond their committed relationship and marriage. A white piece of paper could mean anything.

babystorm

Sm, I went to your blog. I read through the titles that tell about your youngest girl. Suddenly I thought about his girl.. How much he must love her, like you. There's something very attractive about a man who loves her daughter alot.

I like the way that you are so open in viewing things.. Asking me to go start something and when I banged into a wall, at least I know it hurts and will not repeat the same 'mistake' again.

You might be right in saying that he might ignore me, if I try anything. I believe he is a good family man.

When I first saw him, I tell myself that this is the man whom I want. At that time, I didn't know he was married and with a kid. You can imagine how crushed I was when I found out.

babystorm

Sm, after I posted "My feelings are real".. I realised how silly it sounded. Like you said, how fake can it be?

Powder, care to enlighten what you just shared?

Milo, so you have been through alot in order to mould you into the person are now?

simpleman

Miyako,

Why you worry so much. We don't have so much time in this world. If we don't take the first step we won't know.

When I was asking you to take the step to "try" with him - I meant it. Some time in life, we have to walk to road to know that it will lead to no where. Even if I tell you it is a dead end - you will still want to walk it. And after walking, you will be satisfied that you have walk it.

But bear in mind. You are responsible for whatever consequences...

powder

not really... i write things at levels meant to be understood when u understand. Hope will understand when half her life is gone, but at the moment she still have a few more years to suffer. since women are basically creatures in need of drama, why should i deprive her of it? might as well let her suffer all she wants before the feel-stupid part comes in.

on the contrary i'm not victimizing her, she just lacks frens like me to help her pull thru, tat's why she's basically stuck in a vicious cycle.

powder

yup miyako, i'm with sm on this... it's what i wanted to say but for some reason i dun feel comfortable telling u that, and besides, alot of pple here would go crazy at such suggestions.

u will wake up after it, or u will fall into it deeper. that's life. he will have his lessons too.. "learn" together lor..

babystorm

Powder, oh you were writing the first post for hope? I thought you were telling me hope (not the person) comprises of all those stuff.

Indeed. Not only alot of people here would go crazy. Alot of people around me would too. Sigh.

infojunkie

"When I first saw him, I tell myself that this is the man whom I want. At that time, I didn't know he was married and with a kid. You can imagine how crushed I was when I found out"

reminds me of a ragtime tune...

when u want them, u can't get them. when u've got them, u dun want them

miyako, what u want may not be what u need.

infojunkie

then all the more u dun wanna get it... so as to make it perfect
happy.gif

simpleman

I don't think perfect love is the one you don't get.

Some love are so intense and so short that it will burn forever in you. These to me are the closest to perfection. You know how it feels and yet you won't be able to feel it again.

But you have it once. It is good enough.

powder

problem is some pple want it Forever... by some pple, i mean some pple from a certain gender...

i'm on a woman-bashing mood tonite.

powder

junkie, i have since reincarnated n got back my memoies...

i know u lost your mammaries during transformation

powder

anyway miyako, enjoy life for wat it brings, wat u get... at the same time.... wat it doesn't bring, wat u dun get.

miloice

wow.... all of the night owls.

hi Mikosan,

When I first saw him, I tell myself that this is the man whom I want.

I'm a guy and probably have different emotions over a crush. The kind of love at 1st sight attention is becoming less each day for me.

Every crush I had used to feel like the woman I wanted. Like you, I couldn't picture myself feeling for someone else other than my partner. But, I realized temptations didn't just come in a single form, it could be anything from just sincere concern over a close friend and I suddenly realized that I became more emotionally than just caring as a brother. Our instincts and emotions creep in without us realizing. Such attraction isn't just so physical or intense. No love at 1st sight or anything of that sort.

I guess learning to accept my own father and dealing with my parent's divorce has some impact on me. Going thr with his death, learning about his will to TOW, speaking with her, I was the one that contacted CPF, provided them with TOW contact in China and sent a copy of my dad's CPF nomination to the officer in law.

The TOW was full of hatred and resentments towards my mum and uncle still. I just asked her to let go. He is dead, let go of whatever strong emotions she had. As TOW, she never knew us except thr my dad's woes and pourings. It has given her such strong impressions of us.

I am happy to have found my wife. Someone that trusts me so much. I actually shared with her over my difficult times of temptations. I spared her the details to be sensitive towards her feelings too but talking to her and letting her know my struggles gave me renewed strength and determination to overcome them. Many folks were against letting their spouse know. I see it differently. Its all about finding the right partner. She is my soulmate, someone that trusts fully in me. And the more I am willing to share, gave her more reason to completely continue to trust in me.

Am I painting a too perfect picture? haha... She is a perfect mate for me despite realistically having her own unique flaws. Probably would be a nightmare for some others. I can completely filter her imperfections. Guys are generally good at filtering anyway.
happy.gif

I do not have the same advise as sm and powder as in to go and try the affair. But in the same light, I agree that you need find out what you really want and need. You will always waiver if you are not sure. Cherishing and knowing I want and value my relationship with my wife is one strong reason to fight my temptations. We don't hold on to a relationship because the person is nice or spouse potential. We hold on because we know she/he is who we cannot live without. Your conviction will be clear.

babystorm

Junkie, whose George Gershwin?

So you are a lady.. I always thought you were a guy! Maybe it has something to do with your nick. =p

Makes sense.. Or I shouldn't call it perfect 'love' at all since it's obviously one-sided. For all I know, there's nothing on me that endears him. He probably just look upon me like a 'silly little girl'.

What I want might not be what I need? I don't get it.. Or is it something like you want someone so much and then, when you finally get him.. You realized you don't like or need him that much actually? I have experiences like that.

babystorm

Jefferson, does it mean you have a nasty boss? My boss is quite nice so far.. So no such feelings. By the way, I'm saying this from a subordinate's pov.

matka

It is OK to be tempted. We are faced with temptations every day - play over work, delicious food, shoes we can't afford...

But temptation is just there. Sitting there, waiting there to be picked up. It is nothing unless you choose to do something about it. You make the choice whether to indulge in it.

matka

Miyako, Gershwin is a composer. I'm sure you've heard his tunes somewhere before.

Rhapsody in Blue is probably one of the most heard ones. Google it.

small_wish

I am v disappointed at sm and powder actually asked TS to "take the step to "try" with him". Is this trial a game? How much pains is this trial going to bring on innocent parties especially the kid? Sm and powder don't even know whether TS' boss has problems with his family but just because TS has a crush, then she should "try". What if her boss falls into temptations and causes a breakdown in his family? Then TS, SM and powder will be directly responsible!

How many men can resist temptation and like what Junkie said a lot of men usually "accepts cos it's FREE...."

Milo said "The TOW was full of hatred and resentments towards my mum and uncle still. " I believe most TOW are full of hatred for the wife, if so what's wrong with me the wife full of hatred for the TOW and detest women who are TOW?

I simply don't understand why most of you sympathise with TOW just because of TOW's love and crush for the man is real. So the wife's love is fake? I simply don't understand why most of you can go ahead with love at the expense of other people. Does it mean as long as you found love (even with married man), you have the right to fight for you love at the expense of another woman and their kids' pains?

I have been thru the pains, I feel for the wife and kids of prospective broken families and I am not "rubbing salt into TS' wound" but is love so overpowering and unstoppable that your happiness is greater than prospect of breaking up a family? I guess these are the same mentality of my hb and TOW. Why can't more ppl be so sensible like Milo? Crush is crush, but the partners in a marriage should have respect for each others and resist the temptation and prospective TOW should not "try" to break up the family.

I know I am harping on the same topic again. I know my plea to TOW and prospective TOW is of no use. Why would they want to listen to me? But I talk with pains from bottom of my heart the true feeling of one who have gone thru these pains. I know my opinion differs greatly from many of you and you find my posts very irritating. Many of you said should do this and that and seek out happiness and leave the unhappy marriage, many of you did not go thru these pains, so it is easy to dispense such "standard" advice - it is easier said than done. But how many of you speaks with true pains from experience?

powder, thanks for the reminder, I know "it's lost even if u dun let go." I know so I am not hoping much now, actually I am the one who wants out now, I want to let go even go to the extend of persuading daughter to let him go. But since hb wants in now, (P.S. I let him decide, I did not force him to be in"), daughter still wants both, why should I select out?

Sorry for harping on the same topic and no new contribution. But you will not feel my pains unless you are in my shoes. TS may not listen to me, I don't expect anyone to listen to me but at least I feel at least I did something by telling the pains to let prospective TOW knows of consequences of their action. Sorry for long post, for those irritated by me, maybe you would just like to skip my post on seeing my name.

small_wish

So many posts from so many of you encouraging seeking love without worries for anything in this thread as well as many other threads from so many of the forummers make me wonder whether is that the reason why there are so many adultery and divorce cases nowaday everywhere? Where so many advocate life is short, must live happily for yourself and just 放心放胆去爱?

kittenpie

hey hope, i am with you on this hor. i think hooking up with married men is akin to blowing ones nose with someone else's used toilet paper. i do not find this sort of situation attractive or fun or romantic and i do not advocate it to anyone.

not everybody here thinks in the manner of 放心放胆去爱 hor ...

kittenpie

i think essentially brainless people with no willpower will want to date married men. they give in to their desires without even truly understanding where their desires are rooted. just brainless, stupid people

small_wish

I know I am irritating keep repeating the same thing. But how many of you know the pains of a mother telling her daughter the following : daddy don't love mummy anymore, so can sweetie darling follow mummy and let daddy be with his love? Mummy will love and be with sweetie forever.

And reply from daughter is she still wants daddy and mummy?

What will you do? You still want to leave the current unhappy marriage after hearing this? Whose happiness is more important? Daddy doesn't want mummy, but he still wants and loves daughter. To keep my daughter happy by having daddy and mummy or mummy leaves unhappy marriage and go seek other happiness? I want to be out, I desperately want to be out from this heartless unfeeling man. But after hearing daughter said above, I can't make myself do it. How many of you have such experience? Which is why I hate and detest TOW for leaving us with such situation. Is it wrong for me to hate TOW?

Do you know I am crying now typing the above? I know many of you don't like me but how many of you truly think of the consequences of involving in others' families, before dispensing your "standard" answers of leaving unhappy marriage and look for love elsewhere and also "try" to love married man?

Yes, I will leave the marriage one day. One day when my daughter finally agree with me that we will be happier without daddy. Only when this day comes. My daughter is still young, I can't expect her to understand this at this moment, which is why I am still sticking to this marriage, for all those who want to know why I am so stubbornly staying on a loveless marriage.

laundry_woes

Here we go again...

Hope, u r not the only one who is going thru or has been thru the pains. Dun assume otherwise. It's precisely coz we've been thru those times tat we value happiness so much. Every decision we make in life will have consequences. U obviously daren't make tat decision, leaving it instead to ur husband, ur daughter, when it's really ur own life. I can tell u tat ur morality's costing u ur happiness. Ur bitterness is so evident in ur postings despite all ur denials. I dunno wat miracle u are waiting for, but dun forget tat time is ticking away. I know wat it is like to go thru tis on a daily basis too.

small_wish

If any of you feel my pains, you will know why I keep harping on the topic of TOW. Why I keep discouraging ppl to be TOW, despite attacks by many people on my posts? I did not say breakdown in marriage is all TOW's fault, but women, at least don't contribute partly to others' family breakdown by being TOW (or men, being TOM).

Why I keep repeating think of consequences? Cos' I am suffering the consequences.

Why can't withhold love with a sensible mind if your love is a married man? Why can't look for love elsewhere in more eligible single? How you know the married man you love is your THE ONE? If he can betray his family and look for love elsewhere while still married, why are you so sure he will not do that again to you? By this I mean a married man who looks for love while still married is outright irresponsible to his family? Why can't he divorce first before looking for love? By having TOW while still married, what is he planning to do? If planning divorce, why not divorce first before having TOW? Wouldn't that be fair to the wife and TOW and less messy? Also the possible STD by having sex with TOW and not stopping sex with wife also? Is it fair that the wife will unknowingly get STD because of his sex with TOW? Do you call loving that TOW when still having sex with wife too? This is my story and my pain.

These are what I don't understand. Milo, you keep asking me why I don't understand. Not that I don't understand why can't love another person, but why not divorce before loving another person? Why complicate matters?