How To's?

sunrise

21800.jpg

kare2711

I would like to know how I can remove the name in the bracket for myself? I see that many people only have names without the brackets. How can I do that? Thanks!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kare2711 and Dew,

For users with names in brackets, it actually indicates that the user is a registered account in the forum. That way, nobody will be able to duplicate your nick if they are not the owner. Your fellow chatters will also not confuse you with another poster who has the same nick but without the name in brackets.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

fairymoss

Hello Chin Leng,

May I know how to 'promote' from new member to junior member etc? How many kinds are there and how does one change their 'rank'?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Fairymoss,

There are a total of 6 levels for registered members.

New member: 0 - 100 posts
Junior member: 101 - 500 posts
Member: 501 - 2000 posts
Intermediate member: 2001 - 5000 posts
Advanced member: 5001 - 10000 posts
Senior member: above 10000 posts

The levels are just for references only and it is not to be considered as any form of ranking.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

fairymoss

Chin Leng,

I thot only registered users can post msg and guest members can only post msg in "matters of the heart" thread, but I see guests members posting their msg in other threads also. How is this possible?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Please try again. It could be a temporary technical glitch. We are currently monitoring the situation. If you still cannot access your account, please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Regards,
Chin Leng.

gebbera

*sob sob* cant get it right ????

try again....

failed again.... it wrotes:
Upload Error:
The file you attempted to upload had a disallowed file format. The file format is not valid for image uploading.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gebbera,

Only images of the .gif and .jpg extensions are valid image file extensions for the web. Choose images of with the .gif and .jpg and you should be able to upload the image.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

gebbera

hi Chin Leng,

wow... you are effective leh... can detect my msg to you so soon... kekeke...

yup... my file is in .gif or .jpeg file... but still failed. i'm trying again.... hope it works this time.... *clasp hands together n praying hard*

wendyl

hi chin leng,

when i online to SB forum page....it will state that: my current security settings prohibits running ActiveX on this page
sad.gif
main SB website),As a result,the page may not display correctly?

but on my secreen,it did displayed correctly leh...so what wrong huh?thanks

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wendyl,

The ActiveX control that prompted the alert is actually due to the Flash banner ad on top of every forum page.

I guess other than the missing rectangular "animated" banner ad on top of every forum page due to your setting, everything esle should appear normal.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

wendyl

hi Chin Leng,

u meant Wedding fair at M?it did appeared correctly....n i dun have any missing rectangular" animated" banner ad leh?

wendyl

hi chin leng,

u meant Wedding fair at M?it did appeared correctly....n i dun have any missing rectangular" animated" banner ad leh?

actually when i go to SB main page....it will have missing rectangular animated banner.....n after that i clicked ok.....it will showed mi that banner,wedding fair at M?

so what must i do to clear away huh?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gebbera,

Your original file was corrupted and thus can't be uploaded. I've corrected the file and now it is of legal format. You should be able to upload the file now. Please try again. Thanks.

126682.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

gebbera

Hi Chin Leng,

what do you mean by "my original file was corrupted?" and er... why no movement too?

Hi butterkiss,
seems like we've got the same problem... kekeke...
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Butter,

If the image became static after you've saved it from elsewhere, when you upload the image, it'll be static as well. You can check if the image in your PC is currently static or moving.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gebbera,

Please try using the new image which I've corrected and e-mailed you. The original image you've in your system is corrupted and it is not of the proper .gif format even though it has a .gif extension.

The image you've sent me was static and thus when I upload, the image would be static.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wendyl,

You'll need to change your security setting of your browser. On top of your browser, click on Tools -> Internet Options, then select Security tab. You should see the window below:

<center>
126769.gif
</center>

Click on the "Custom Level..." at the bottom and select "Medium" for your custom settings.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

butterkiss

Hello Chin Leng

Before I save the icons to my hard disk, they were "alive"! But now, they become static! How do I save them so that they will still be moving?

gebbera

hurray!!! thanks chin leng for your help....
yeahhhh....... hurray.......
final got it after much trial and error....

bye bye....
126779.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Butter,

Just do a righ-click on the image and choose "Save Picture As...". A new window will appear and select "GIF (*.gif)" for the "Save as type:".

Don't select "Bitmap (*.bmp)" for the save as type as this would remove the animation of the image.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jule

Got some problem inputting images, the error is below:
Formatting Error
The formatting code image does not exist or cannot be used in this context.

kite~

Hi,

may i know how to do BOLD and COLOR text?

I tried <B>TEXT</B> but it doesnt work here. pls. advise. thanks.