How to get rid of that sickening??

mrc

Faith
You are so correct. Avoid living with in-laws as far as possible, unless you got no choice. Like the saying goes, you can criticize you mom's cooking but definitely not your mil's.

Actually, I also feel that grudges hates the girl's face first. That is why every damn thing that girl did against, it really irk grudges badly. Btw, I do believe that most of the ppl will react the same way too. Your boss, your neighbours, your family... when he/she doesn't like one's face, everything the other party does, he/she will still irk you to a cetain level.

Oh, btw, I'm not at all siding grudges here. I only believe that you need to protect your own assets if problem arises. Why should I relent to a rude guest in my house? I'm not that magnanimous.

ashley

Grudges, I can empathise with you. I was in your shoes once. Only difference is, the house I stayed in belonged to inlaws so I have no say.

Frankly, I can't see any way around your problem. It's difficult for others to understand the agony unless they've been through it. There's really nothing much you can do unless your inlaws agree that your BIL and gf should rent a place of their own.

I can't offer you a solution but I can give you encouragement. Believe me, time tells all. Hang in there till they move out. The folks will know who is the trouble maker. Your conscience is clear so you will be the one holding your head up high at the end of the saga.

And the thing about not liking her face. Am I right to say that forumers shouldn't be taking this literally? You disliked her face because of her attitude and accumulated frustration? I don't think anyone will dislike another just because of her face. I say that because like you, I used to tell people "I don't like her face".
happy.gif

powder

but u can certainly stop pressing your finger against the needle...
happy.gif

pple dun need to prick their fingers to know it's pain lah...

vios

pls lor... hard feelings is far different from the "bang the wall" type.
For the record, i'm not pissed off lah... just that there were signs of foams around the mouth.

mrc

Ya lah. Sometimes, you don't need to prick to know the pain and sometimes you do.

Aiya, so many scenario, very hard to comprehend lah. So, it's better for the ppl who kena 'prick' to stand up for themselves and solve the problems.

vios

MRC,

you gotta look at every situation as it is, including the vital factors in that particular situation. I also know, she is the co-owner. I also know, the gal should respect the space given to the owner. I also know, we have to guard our property against Unreasonable ppl.

To do all the above, do we have to act irrationally and behave unreasonably in return? Additionally, is that unreasonable to set a timeline for plans, based on the gal's family background or story?
What difference does it makes between us and the unreasonable guests, if we drive them to the same corner?

You gotta understand that we may have the Rights as house co-owners... but, pls understand that we mustn't use this Fact to discriminate guests because of how they look, where they're from, how they're dressed, etc.......

it makes us look overly self-righteous, isn't it?

The biggest ironic is, you agreed with Balloon in your own words, that "most of the ppl" can't feel the same pain until some silly needle pokes them... but then, you can boldly group them into having the same reaction as youself just because you think so....

really weird... it's all based on your own thoughts and belief - just like grudges in this issue - without due consideration of other circumstances.

vios

MRC.... thus, by using your very own interpretation:

- you name-called the gal as "begger" right?
but you are certainly NOT in anyone's shoes in this drama... how did you come up with that eh?

- to "discipline" this gal, you wrote that thread-starter must "brain-wash" the mil first.. but you are NOT the mil, nor have you become one yet... so, how did you also come up with that rationale eh?

please... don't give me that silly needle theory when you're contradicting yourself....

mrc

Vios,

Oic, I didn't realise that my comments here actually affect and anger you so badly. I apologise since this is the case. Didn't know that your anger management is so professional leh, can foam around the mounth but not pissed off. I haven't reached this stage yet.

Btw, how do you know that I'm not in their situation and thus, making such wildful comments?? Do I know you somewhere? Don't think so, I don't drive a Vios.

True. I agree with Balloon's comment. I was in that similar situation before. Staying with my in-laws and having my own house. That's why I can understand their frustration more or less. Maybe, I'm luckier cos my in-laws are not as bad as the other's. So, are my comments still considered basing on my own belief and thoughts?? If you still insist, well there's nothing I can say. It's your opinion, I can't rule you.

Didn't know that my needle theory prick you so badly. My apology. To me, I believe this theory. Yes, to my theory again. When my colleagues always complain to me about their family members, in my heart, I always find them silly to get angry over small matters. Unfortunately, I eat back my words when I'm facing the same problems later. Maybe we are the petty lot. Making a mountain out from a mole's hill.

Let me guess, you are trying to say that the girl's behaviour need to be forgiven cos she has no place to stay due to her parent's divorce. So that means that you are also very forgiving to those robbers who rob because they are poor/ got no money. Mmmm... well what can I say; I'm not a saint. I pity the gal's plight if it's true but that doesn't give her every opportunity to be disrespectful.

Hahaha... I'm too young to become a mil. If i'm going to be one, I'll try my best to diffuse any misunderstandings between my dils. Oh yes, didn't know that the word "brain-washing" and "discipline" are so hard to swallow here. Thank you for your reminder, I won't use puns anymore. Well, I only hope that grudges can advise her mil that if she keeps giving in to the gal's behaviour, her mil may later suffers in her hands too. Please don't claim that it's my theory, my advice is based from my friend's experience.

Oh, I didn't know that you never hear the phrase " beggar got no choice". We always use this phrase jokingly in my offices and at home. I still think that the gal is the "beggar", only more high-class only. If she really got no place to stay and must stay at TS's place, then y behave like a pest? Looking at another angle, I think I can also refer TS the '"beggar"; begging the girl to move out of her house.

Do you mean that I also discriminate ppl unreasonably by their looks, their origin, their background and so forth? I don't deny the fact that a person's look matters, but I don't react unreasonably towards them. I don't judge a book by its cover. Only characters and behaviours will affect me. Can you tell me at which sentence did I side TS concerning on looks?? Please don't be so discriminating.

mrc

Vios

I believe your skin is too hard to be pricked by the needle but that doesn't mean others' skins are as hard as yours.

You claimed that I'm contradicting. You mean you never? Give me a break. Even if I am here, does it affect you as in in the matter of life and death. Wow!

powder

actually MRC,

if i take a FIL point of view hor... i would just buy another house with my wife. ask everyone to settle their own lives... to me, i will give a good one to both sons, and tell them to reconsider their decision on the wives... and tat's that.

of cos u realise one thing? MONEY can solve these problems... pple Dun have to live together... well except like a widowed mum/dad who may not have the luxury of salaries like ours...

mrc

Daddy, you are so clever. Money really makes wonders. Hey, am I punning my sentence again??? Don't want Vios tell me off again leh.

powder

vios? actually he's just giving a very pragmatic/self-reflection angle to it... he's trying to remind 'grduges' that she also have to look at herself lah... no doubt the bro's gfren is pretty immature and saying stupid things... But then 'grudges' also admit to certain prejudice...

so going by that angle, perhaps might be better for 'grudges' to take on a more benevolent role... cos end of the day, what she's doing now - she will suffer in the long term.

there's some repercussions there that some of u may not see now.

mrc

Yes, I agree to a certain level. I do agree that grudges need to change her attitude which she admitted, to make life better for everyone. Like I said earlier, if compromising can make life better, why not? Don't get me wrong, I never claimed that I don't agree with what Vios said. I dunno which part of me is so kuai lan that irks him so badly. Maybe, I'm not as educated as him to know how to put down my opinion carefully and mannerly. Hehehe.. I didn't know I'm so offensive enough to make him so jumpy leh.

vios

Let me start off with the less serious tones….

“Oic, I didn't realise that my comments here actually affect and anger you so badly. I apologise since this is the case. Didn't know that your anger management is so professional leh, can foam around the mounth but not pissed off. I haven't reached this stage yet.”

”Do I know you somewhere? Don't think so, I don't drive a Vios.”

- You haven’t made me foam yet… wa lau, that one was for grudges lah.

- Don’t be boliao leh.. what got to do with the car-make? I know you as MRC which stands for Multi-Recreational Centre?

”Let me guess, you are trying to say that the girl's behaviour need to be forgiven cos she has no place to stay due to her parent's divorce. So that means that you are also very forgiving to those robbers who rob because they are poor/ got no money. Mmmm... well what can I say; I'm not a saint.”

- your robber example is really…… duh!

- You are really about to cause foaming for me, pls don’t …. Re-read my posts leh.. since when I try to imply that???

”Oh, I didn't know that you never hear the phrase " beggar got no choice". We always use this phrase jokingly in my offices and at home. I still think that the gal is the "beggar", only more high-class only. If she really got no place to stay and must stay at TS's place, then y behave like a pest? Looking at another angle, I think I can also refer TS the '"beggar"; begging the girl to move out of her house.”

- Huh? Must that phrase be used for the girl or TS in this story? Based on your office and family jokes huh? What talking you?? I catch no ball.... but please refrain from using it freely in such topics - it smacks of "insensitive" written all over, at least for me.

”Well, I only hope that grudges can advise her mil that if she keeps giving in to the gal's behaviour, her mil may later suffers in her hands too. Please don't claim that it's my theory, my advice is based from my friend's experience.”

- Wait… you mean which theory? That silly needle theory is not yours meh?

“I dunno which part of me is so kuai lan that irks him so badly. Maybe, I'm not as educated as him to know how to put down my opinion carefully and mannerly. Hehehe.. I didn't know I'm so offensive enough to make him so jumpy leh.”

- don’t boliao leh… I’m not pissed off lah.. could be your silly needle theory? Haha. Maybe I was sounding kinda aggressive which I will apologize, but please understand that I am writing based on the Bigger picture….

vios

MRC,

I don’t doubt or disrespect your life experience, but to me, it is interpreted in a different light when one use that particular set of experience, and without a real consideration of current factors which are actually vital – rem, you mentioned:

- "I also feel that grudges hates the girl's face first. That is why every damn thing that girl did against, it really irk grudges badly. Btw, I do believe that most of the ppl will react the same way too. Your boss, your neighbours, your family... when he/she doesn't like one's face, everything the other party does, he/she will still irk you to a certain level."

and, you came up with that needle theory.

- “You can't feel the same pain until that needle pricks on you.”

look…based on your opinions, you assume that “most of the people” as above-mentioned, would be reacting in the same manner like grudges. However, if these people have to go through it themselves (using your needle theory), ever thought that they might not react similarly as what you’ve assumed? Ever thought that, there might be certain reasons for the difference in their reactions?

Let me illustrate with a simple scenario:

You just heard that a female trainee is constantly being picked on by a male senior executive.
You ask both of them in for a talk, and the senior executive angrily complains that he finds inconsistency in her work and mainly because she is not paying enough attention in the two past months.

With her head bowed, the subordinate remains quiet and weeps silently while he laments on and on and on. You are surprised at her reaction, because she was extremely confident and motivated in her interviews.

At the back of your mind, you know that this guy brings in some 30% sales for the company’s revenues but you do notice that he has a huge ego, which might be an issue at times. On the other side, you feel that this issue is inconsequential in the long run.

What would you do?
- Give in to his good sales record, and let him decide on a new trainee for the tenth time,
- Hear her side of the story first; garner more feedbacks about this guy,
- Believe the office gossips that she rejected him several times for a date, and leave it as it is.

vios

“Btw, how do you know that I'm not in their situation and thus, making such wildful comments??”

“True. I agree with Balloon's comment. I was in that similar situation before. Staying with my in-laws and having my own house. That's why I can understand their frustration more or less. Maybe, I'm luckier cos my in-laws are not as bad as the other's. So, are my comments still considered basing on my own belief and thoughts??”

- As evident in your recent statements as quoted above; you judged grudges’ situation like it’s similar to yours. Let me tell you… it is too far-stretched.

Who doesn’t has family issues? Who doesn’t understand that sort of frustrations stemming from our own stories?

In such topics, it seems pretty apt to link to the so-called similar experiences and those hearsays… BUT, do these really help to trigger deeper thoughts-processing for the threadstarter?

Don’t get me wrong; im not saying that you can’t write your own real stuffs, but to try to colour that with the needle theory and whatnots, ahem…. it is far too simplistic for me.

Is it that difficult to TRY to comprehend the gal’s circumstances, and work out a plan for mutual benefits?
Is it that difficult NOT to be that opinionated, simply because the house is partly hers?

These are my vital points thus far...

mrc

Vios

Hahaha.. my mrc stands for multi recreational centre? Nah...

How do you know that my situation and grudges' are too far-stretched? Strange? I don't even know and how could you? Just because of the statements I quoted?

Did my needle prick you to a certain point? You seem to be so work-up from there. If it's really so, I can't stop you from feeling so.

How could you catch no ball of my saying? You so wise. It's just that you don't wish to catch because you think very differently only.
Btw, if you are so sensitive over my 'in-sensitive phrase', too bad. Everyone has their different level of sensitivity, I can't satisfy all. To refrain from using it freely in such topics next time? Let me think about it. Maybe yes, maybe no. It's the same what; I can't simply ask you not to be so aggressive next time, it's your way of writing, I can't stop you.

Oh not forgetting about your question? If I choose B, will you think I'm contradicting? Perhaps, I should choose C just to satisty your confirmation that I'm really that type of ppl.

Last but not least. I did not advise grudges not to give that gal a timeline and neither did I advise her not to too. So, I dunno how you have got the idea from. Mmm... maybe it's due to the fact that since I did not suggest it personally over here ow how I wrote, I'm asking her to kick her out immediately? Anyway, it's your own derivation, what can I say?

Ah! I better pen it down. I agree to what you have said, to give the gal a timeline, to understand her situation and so forth. DOn't get me wrong, I sincerely agree with you. To compromise and make everyone's life better. Am I now considered a hypocrite?

vios

"How do you know that my situation and grudges' are too far-stretched? Strange? I don't even know and how could you? Just because of the statements I quoted?"

- you gave us a brief account of your story, and you tried to use that as a guideline for grudges' story - on that part, i was trying to say that your "frustrated emotions" might be similar but i did mention that it was too simplistic to judge solely based on those emotions. Because every life story could be different, as evident in grudges' as compared to yours.

Are you telling me now that there are other untold parts in your story - which might be similar to grudges, and i'm too quick to reply? If that's the case, please elaborate further.

"Did my needle prick you to a certain point? You seem to be so work-up from there. If it's really so, I can't stop you from feeling so."

- i believe i made my point on that already, and for the last time, i'm not angered by your needle theory. Please don't question me anymore.

"How could you catch no ball of my saying? You so wise. It's just that you don't wish to catch because you think very differently only.
Btw, if you are so sensitive over my 'in-sensitive phrase', too bad. Everyone has their different level of sensitivity, I can't satisfy all. To refrain from using it freely in such topics next time? Let me think about it. Maybe yes, maybe no. It's the same what; I can't simply ask you not to be so aggressive next time, it's your way of writing, I can't stop you."

- it is getting difficult to exchange views as you are making no sense in reply to my posts.

Tell us honestly, do you really feel that making a mockery of someone's unfortunate background (ie.financially or in this topic - that bro's gf) is really FINE, considering all aspects?

Ever occured to you that the name-calling was in your very first post? Had you factor in other bits and pieces of the whole puzzle, i think you might be less Enthusiastic on that.

Don't blardy hell come and tell me that i don't catch your freaking "begger" name-calling on other people, because i am trying to act blur or act wise..... don't try to use that stupid twist onto me, it doesn't work.

"Oh not forgetting about your question? If I choose B, will you think I'm contradicting? Perhaps, I should choose C just to satisty your confirmation that I'm really that type of ppl."

- Come on... it's just a simple illustration, and you're trying to smoke your way through?? For once, can you please be objectively truthful and read posts (or situations) as it is, and not create an escape route for yourself?

"Last but not least. I did not advise grudges not to give that gal a timeline and neither did I advise her not to too. So, I dunno how you have got the idea from. Mmm... maybe it's due to the fact that since I did not suggest it personally over here ow how I wrote, I'm asking her to kick her out immediately? Anyway, it's your own derivation, what can I say?

Ah! I better pen it down. I agree to what you have said, to give the gal a timeline, to understand her situation and so forth. DOn't get me wrong, I sincerely agree with you. To compromise and make everyone's life better. Am I now considered a hypocrite?"

- For god's sake, my perspective ie. like those last few lines dated on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 6:00 pm...... it was more for grudges' situation, but never about some silly accusations that you should advise this or that.

IF you read without your defensive mechanism, i only have had issues with your "begger" name-calling and the needle theory... and never about those parts whereby you talked about your life story and experience

Nor should i expect that you agree with me. But, may i request that if you disagree, please reply objectively.

You're just trying too hard to rebuke me for the sake of it, but without sufficient reasoning or facts.

grudges

No vios already confirm by other forum pple he is a guy.

Anyway thanks for all the comment/ advise and sorry if i did say anything wrong to offen anyone hope no hard feeling.

Last weekend i talk to my bf mum already and told her my feeling, i never expect actually the bro gf also alway talk rude to her and alway talk in sacastic manner. She told me she alway just ignore or treat her as invisible i know she do it for her son. But i told her lor she cannot keep on this attitude no 1 owe her.

Most angry is recently there is 1 incident that happen no 1 told me about it is my bf mum accidently say out than i know. It happen that 1 day the bro gf bought some sausage and put inside fridge than my bf opent he fridge saw it so ask the bro u buy is it"? his bro say "yes, you want eat eat lor" and after tat my bf just make 1 to eat. Guess what his bro gf go and complain to my bf mum say y my bf anyhw eat other pple things? my bf mum quite pissed off ask the bro y ur gf so calculative? buy is for every1 to eat and in the end she got scolding from the bro. I was really angry she want calculative with us over 1 sausage. I tell my bf mum like tat i also bu ke qi she wan continue stay i going get rental from her.

vios

hi grudges, thanks for your confirmation on my gender
happy.gif

as everyone understands, the bro's gf has some problems here and there.. which is of course noticeable. TRY.... just try to stay out of the 'politics' loop, cos' it's fruitless and negative, afterall...

Take some time to ponder over a Reasonable time scale that you want to fix on; considering her family problems back at home. Be firm abt it, and inform them (bro and gf) accordingly.

best of luck....

grudges

Hi Vios,

Thanks, my bf mum did say to ask us to sit down and talk calmly. I am not sure if i can control my temper but i will try.

The problem is not her family or what bah i guess is more of her own character problem which i told my bf mum cnt be change by getting scolding from my bf bro everytime. Guess that is her way of talking trying to be sacastic everytime and i am more like those kind that feel i dun owe you anything so dun expect me to tolerate with all ur tis stupid nonsence.

ashley

Grudges, very happy for you that you managed to speak to your bf's mum. And even happier for you that your bf's mum agrees that the girl is rude!

My MIL was forever siding the other woman though she knows who's the bad one. But now, everyone knows. And I don't feel the need to defend myself anymore. Time will tell.

Good that your bf's mum is on the same wavelength as you. Whatever happens, you can take comfort knowing that your bf's mum knows who's the trouble maker.

vios

ya la...

usually, when attitude-problem meets impatience, sparks likely to occur. ta chut shi, ni chut shi wu... that kind of childish stuffs - it's never-ending headaches lor.

Just needs that bit of understanding and tolerance... and this is for the bigger picture... no time for personal vendetta.
Then, this kind of issue will be settled eventually.

I also had family disputes before... and, i learnt that being Emotional is a poor solution.

grudges

Hi Balloon,

Yes, at least she know that i am not trying to find fault with tat gal because she herself also kana her tat stupid attitude lor.I am great for you that every1 can see who is the troublemaker also.

Now she keep told me to treat tat gal as invisible and pretend not to hear her sacastic remark all tis, i know she is doing so herself because of her son. But my bf already told his mum straight 1 more time we will just scold her right on her face and dun blame us for not giving the bro any face.

She did told my bf she understand my feeling. Anyway his bro n the gf is not in sg now i am waiting for them to come back and talk to them.

ashley

Grudges, *hugs*!

My MIL said that I'm petty, suspicious and poison her son when we tried to talk to her abt that girl. Even BIL is angry with me. It was only much much later that PIL agreed that the girl is spoilt and petty. Now that she's married my BIL, she's disappeared completely, only appearing during CNY and with a long face.

I waited for years to watch justice prevail. I'm really happy for you that your relationship with MIL is not affected by this girl.
happy.gif

grudges

Hi Balloon,

Haha i guess that will be the same after i married my bf and my bf bro married tat gal leh.Meeting only once every yr.But your situation is like so call RI JIU JIAN REN XING at least ur in law know the real bad 1 is who.

luckily hor is my bf mum also know her pattern so she know i am not making it up.She even told my bf to say sorry to me but i told her is not her fault at all. Than yesterday we just pretend nothing happen and went out for dinner together.

This week going talk to the bro and the gf. Who knows maybe i will be in the same situation as you his bro will be angry with me also. But i guess is time for the bro to know how we feel lor, is better for all to talk things out rather than keeping to ourself.Haha after toking to his mum i than know not only me tolerating her my bf parent and even my bf he also dint tell me abt tat sausage issue tats y all the more i think we should let the bro know. Cannot let his sickening gf continue her yaya attitude.

ashley

It's ok even if BIL is angry with you cos your bf's mum understands. She bothers to ask your bf to apologise to you. I'll probably be touched to tears!

I stayed with PIL peacefully for many years yet they think I'm petty, suspicious and all. I was totally heartbroken. That's why I told you to hang in there. And that you'll be the one holding your head high at the end of the saga - like what I'm doing now.
happy.gif

grudges

Hi Balloon,

Actually his mum is ok la but just that i guess she is trying to convince me to let my bf bro gf stay because she knew if my bf bro gf move my bf bro will move together she just se bu de her son leave her. But i think she still need accept the fact that 1 day her son will also have own family by than she can only stay with 1 of the son and not 2 sons staying together lor.

Sometime i really believe in the saying" ren shan bei ren qi lor" some pple just take for granted that we keep quiet and take advantage .

So now your r/s with ur in law have improved? maybe they will learn to appreciate you more when things start to happen.

ashley

All mothers are protective over their children. That's why your MIL tolerated that girl's nonsense. My MIL in law too until they got married and moved out. I think it's easier for your MIL to accept that her son is married and moved out, than to allow the son to move out before marriage. Not easy being a mother, tough to be a good DIL too.

I also believe in that saying BUT I speak up and both hubby and I kena big time. Hahaha! So we decided to keep quiet and see how long my PIL can tolerate.

Yes, our relationship has kind of reverted to the old times before that girl's appearance. But somehow, I cannot bring myself to respect them as much as before anymore. It still hurts thinking of those days. It feels like being betrayed.

grudges

Hi Balloon,

I can understand it really must take times.Actually when we at my bf old hse also happen 1 incident with his mum and i run home my bf also move to my hse with me. I guess his mum quite guilty over it. Even though now i act like normal but tat incident is still clearly in my mind.

You know when i talk to her on sat it was damn drama she cry i cry my bf cry and i really cannot sleep whole day my tears keep drop you know i feel myself so useless that i cannot chase tat gal out. The next day when every1 sleeping i just go out myself to cool myself down.

I thinking when talk to the bro n his gf hor dun koe will it be another dramatic scene again. His mum keep tell me dun quarrel dun shout talk calmy but i think quite hard for me leh haha

vios

for such conflicts, i never ever wanna be in the parent's shoes...
cos' i do think and understand that it causes utmost heartaches to them.

but of course, nothing is guaranteed.
In the future, if i encounter such conflicts between who and who.....
as the father, i think that the raw guide is to work out a plan that will be beneficial to myself and my wife.

grudges

Well, who would want to be in tat shoes? seriously there are nasty in law and also nasty daughter or son in law but no 1 wish to be in such situation.

I guess now my FIL think hor best way is for me to give in and act blur which i cannot do so.

ashley

Hi Grudges, I know exactly how drama it can be! Cos when MIL told me off cos of that girl, I cried too! But I'm the only one crying. MIL not guilty leh.
happy.gif
And I cry a lot during those times cos just don't understand why that girl kept causing conflicts between me and my PIL.

I'm sure it's going to be another round of drama when you talk to the bro and gf. Must control the tears yah? Won't be easy.
happy.gif

grudges

Hi Balloon,

I will try la.

I am glad for u that ur hard times is over and mine just begin haha.

I also can forsee big drama again tis week, haiz i think i dun need watch tv liao my ownself is like in a drama.

ashley

Hi Grudges,

At least your bf's mum understands your stand. That's half the battle won. And yes, I felt like I was in a drama too! Hahaha! All the best!
happy.gif

grudges

Hi Balloon,

Hard to say la if wan sacrifice hor she sure is sacrifice me not her son mah.

Thats y she rather ask me act blur all this instead of telling that gal to move out lor.
I told my bf mah ur mum will miss her son xin teng her son need move out but she also must tink lor my family also wil xin teng me having all tis wei qu lor.