How to celebrate bf birthday in a romantic bugetised way?

choccandy

n3nim/mushroom,
even instant 'cooking', i can be quite messy :p dun want my bf to get turn off by my messiness on his birthday. hahaha, hence decided to go for a romantic dinner n sing a birthday song to him under the moon n stars accompanied with a birthday cake.

twin fairy,
great idea to hand-made a birthday card, unique n personalised
happy.gif
i have not thought of what to buy for him during x'mas n v day, dunno by then we are still together or not, hahaha.

choccandy

In the end, brought my bf to Coastes Sentosa, spent $90, over budget le, but it is truly a relaxing n comfortable place for dining n chatting... Most importantly, my bf is happy
happy.gif

andylyf

Hi twinfairy, do you still remember the name of the restaurant which you mentioned earlier. The one which is on top of Holland Shopping Centre.

Would like to surprise my wife one of these days.

nikita

Hi choc candy..

Aiya, i type the whole entry out then realised your bf's bday is over!
sad.gif

---

i'm not sure what's your definition of "romantic" way, but how about preparing a simple and nice dinner and picnic at the ECP, around 5pm?

Prepare simple sandwiches (if he loves meat, then buy more ham, there's alot of types at cold storage), cookies (home made if possible, if not then buy), chips, DRINKS (can be red wine, cheapest under $20) or sparkling grape juice, maybe board games, or game cards, riddles, quizzes, etc.. you get the idea.

i think this would fit in nice for $60, and if timed properly, you should ideally reach ECP at 4ish, find a nice spot near the sand, and near the sea. have some drinks, chit chat, play some games, watch sunset, eat.. then pack everything and take a walk at night.. simple and allows you to spend lots of time together..

if he is more of a city dweller, then i suggest you spend this $60 on movie $19, simple dinner, and a small gift.

poohbear80

Hi Nikita

Where is the ECP u are mentioning.. Love to watch sunset.....

I like yr definition of romantic.
happy.gif
I already plan to cook and bake a cake for him.

Now its only the venue. Its mosoon season now.
sad.gif

not_firmed

Choc.candy.. u tried skydining b4?? my hb n I tried that during our 1st anniversary.. it's a nice experience however the food not really that fantastic lor...

evilgal

I'm sorry if I'm abit outdated here. Just got R.O.M recently and would like to celebrate a romantic birthday with my partner. But I'm planning for a lunch instead of dinner as his bday falls on eve of christmas. So if we are going to have dinner, I'm sure will be very crowded and expensive. Does anyone here have any suggestion for a romantic lunch?

miloice

yah, she did mentioned its expensive on eve of Xmas. no? That's why she is considering lunch instead.

miloice

aupetitsalut is definitely not cheap even for normal day. And its crowded everyday actually.
happy.gif

its_fate

but hoh, how budget is the budget leh?? It varies mah.... $50 per pax??

I sugg MAC Value Meal... Up Size... jiak par par...

salsa_babe

Eat KFC buddy meal under the starry starry in ECP lah..

Me and my ex did that before....after that, danced salsa too

wahahaha.....lomantic right?

miloice

Actually my experience at aupetitsalut is so-so only. We made the reservations late only getting the outdoor seats. I was sweating in heat throughout the super long lunch. I don't appreciate that.

Prefer to have french dinning in more comfortable setting. I loved the dinning experience in Paris and at the port at Marseille. SO ROMANTIC!

cuclainne

husband took me there for my birthday dinner .. so outdoor at night was perfectly fine with us
happy.gif

milo, i think your french dining experience would be WAY OVER budget for Yvonne or TS ..

i must head to Daniel Boulud and Tetsuya's restaurants when they open for business ..

miloice

Anyway, after our 1st Xmas dinner together, we realized its a total rip-off to dine on festive seasons. We normally cook something special at home instead.

evilgal

LOL!!! Budget wise probably @$50-$70 per pax. I mean if can of cos lower the cost as his present cost me a bomb!

alcifertoh

Flutes I have yet been there but seems nice from the website though might slightly burst Yvonne's budget.

Secret garden sucks in my opinion haha. The food does not justify it's value. Just paying for the ambience.

I hate festive dinning outside too... Restricted by all the so call set menus.

cuclainne

secret garden not so nice .. i went there with a girlfriend where we were sourcing for places to have wedding dinners ..

maybe can try halia .. at botanic gardens .. ok but food portions small la. or if you want normal western fare, can go to dan ryans.

wanted to try flutes cos my friend says very nice australian fare but the one time i went, they were closed and i've not tried going back there since .. maybe i should ..

cuclainne

HBH, understand .. now during festive occasions, we cook at home .. thank goodness this year my MIL is here to spend christmas so she'll be doing all the cooking :D

miloice

For truly budget. Cartel. Free flow of bread somemore. For budget ambience, use your creativity to create your own setting loh.

miloice

The one at Marina Centre is not that bad actually. I like the ribs there.

But avoid the IMM one. Noisy, full of kids, slow service and take forever to replenish the bread that disappears once it is served.

evilgal

Hmmmm I also wants to cook for him but we dont have our own house yet. Still staying with his parents. So I dont think its a good idea to cook at home with his parents in. -_-

alcifertoh

Hmmm actually why not? Celebrate a good nice xmas eve dinner and his bday together with his family. Get the parents involved too lah the son's birthday anyway.

Then later you can retreat to your room with a bottle of wine.

PS: Cartel bread always run out de leh... you see the way kiasu singaporeans always pile up the little basket...

miloice

HBH, that's why I suggest the one at Marina Sq. All working professionals and its not very crowded. So far, I don't see all the KS pattern here.

The one at IMM is hopeless. Cannot blame the customers from clearing. Its replenished too little and slowly.