How to address SO's parents after ROM but before customary rites?

Pandacat

Hi all, I've ROM-ed in Dec and will be holding the customary celebrations (guo da li, tea ceremony, wedding dinner etc) a few months later. Since my SO and I are legally married but yet to go through the customary rites, how should we address each other's parents?

My SO says just continue addressing each other's parents as auntie and uncle first.. But when his mum talks to me about my SO's grandparents, she will say "your" grandparents to me. I wonder if it is a hint to get me to address her as mum..

Hi all, I've ROM-ed in Dec and will be holding the customary celebrations (guo da li, tea ceremony, wedding dinner etc) a few months later. Since my SO and I are legally married but yet to go through the customary rites, how should we address each other's parents?

My SO says just continue addressing each other's parents as auntie and uncle first.. But when his mum talks to me about my SO's grandparents, she will say "your" grandparents to me. I wonder if it is a hint to get me to address her as mum..
I think you have to address her as mum/dad because you and your spouse are legally married but if you are still uncomfortable about it maybe address them as auntie & uncle first before all the official customary celebration? and communicate with them to ask their opinions about it cause I think some family are much more traditional so it's really depend on individual.