How much to spend on wedding cards?

raragal

Wow!! You are all spending so much on invitation cards!!

T&T at City Square is definitely much cheaper..
For wedding inserts only,
for 1st 100, RM$60,
Subseq 100 @ RM$20...

So if u need 200, its RM$80
for 300, it'll be RM$100
for 400, it'll be RM$120
for 500, it'll be RM$140

Get it??
They are very near.. just like going to Jurong Point from Tampines.. not that far..and its only 1 week printing time.. u go this sat, next sat can collect liaoz.. ALOT of sporeans print there.. when i was there last month, almost every card sample is from a particular spore hotel loh... we've given them good biz!
happy.gif

Highly recommended!
Because of their good pricing, I'm asking my venue to discount the wedding cards for cash refund.. and use that money to pay for personalised 4"x9" postcard wedding invite!!
happy.gif

And it comes with envelope, mind you! :D

gracelourdes

totally agree with Rach!

i wanted sth diff frm the usual wedding invitation cards, gold strings etc...

for mine, i got quote from T&T for RM160 (abt S$69)

the quote was for 128 postcards...

front - full colour pic
back - full colour map (left) n wordings (right)
envelopes

no hassle to tie gold string etc...just writing the names only...for only S$69!!

can reconsider for more savings...

raragal

Grace> yeah loh... i've gotten my quote too... but its for 600 cards.. how come u print 128?? not 130 or 120? hehe..

rabber

I sent less than $50. I chose the design, got my friend to help draw for printer to print. Printer gave me cards for free. So paiseh though. I always print with him so he gave me free as a gift I supposed. I bought envelopes for less than $50 from Popular. But I only printed 120 in total.

EileenBooth

Stationery should run about 6% of your wedding budget, so that may help to keep things in perspective. A great way to cut the cost on stationery is to keep it simple! Get a nice simple card stock to fit your color scheme and an ink color. To add a print or a finishing color of some sort: Select a scrap booking paper to band it with or a ribbon or fabric you love to know around it.

EileenBooth

Stationery should run about 6% of your wedding budget, so that may help to keep things in perspective. A great way to cut the cost on stationery is to keep it simple! Get a nice simple card stock to fit your color scheme and an ink color. To add a print or a finishing color of some sort: Select a scrap booking paper to band it with or a ribbon or fabric you love to know around it.

lemonzil

What are wedding inserts for anyway? I very suaku la.

for not printing onto the card itself. most hotels only provide the cards. meaning it's totally blank inside, w/o wordings.
so there the inserts come into the picture.

tulipkiss

Actually there's really no need to spend too much on wedding invitations/cards imho... How many people would actually really appreciate it or keep the card? :p

tulipkiss

Can don't give wedding cards??

But the older gen will think its rude if we dont give...

Depends on how your family/relatives are like. I have a friend who made do with electronic invitation. Coz they believe in being environmental-friendly :)

But.. many of my relatives are still quite traditional, so I'll need to send invites... Just thinking of how to make it simple and trying to keep the cost low :p

tulipkiss

for not printing onto the card itself. most hotels only provide the cards. meaning it's totally blank inside, w/o wordings.
so there the inserts come into the picture.

OH, inserts are those usually on translucent papers, slipped in the plain card? Always thought inserts refers to the wordings printed on the cards.. :x

lemonzil

OH, inserts are those usually on translucent papers, slipped in the plain card? Always thought inserts refers to the wordings printed on the cards.. :x

yes tat's right. most cards have the wordings printed on the inserts instead of the cards. :)

Usually people come with their partners or families so these 25% will be included for in e cards of those who have a plus one.

Hope u understand what I mean!

lemonzil

you wont be sending 1 invite per guest. some are in pairs or families. so 1 invite for the 'group'/couple. that account for the 25%

lemonzil

no worries tulipkiss... sometimes, it just slips off our mind.. :)

figarro253

OJY, I saw your wedding invitation and I think for $2.60, it's worth the money. I myself spend about $3.5 for my invitation set (holy matrimony, dinner and RSVP card).
And I don't regret spending this money because I like nice stationery and wedding invitation is the first impression your guests will receive

I spent $550 on cards:
Printer: http://www.wpc.com.sg/
P.s: Hot stamp (our names in calligraphy) is about $200 to make the mould.
x220 Church card (textured 350gsm), front and back, Gold hot stamp, A5
x220 Dinner card (textured 350gsm), front and back, Gold hot stamp, A5
x220 RSVP cards (textured 350gsm), front, A6
x220 Square card (textured 350gsm), front, 70x70mm
(Cards designed by me)

Return address stamp: $36
size: 103x27mm
Vendor: Ling Image, 420 North Bridge road

c5 lined envelopes with textured lining inside from here: USD0.69/envelope (which is a bit pricey)
http://www.envelopes.sg/product/2880/162x229-mm-c5-white-white-fancy-paper-lined-envelope

2 big rounds of nude coloured ribbons @ $10.80/roll:
Kin Soon Pte Ltd - Minton House of Ribbons
36 Arab St, 199735

Eugene&PearlynInvite.jpgIMG-20140102-WA0004.jpg

maymay82

Hi everyone,

What do you think is a reasonable amount to spend on wedding cards? Looking forward to your comments!
It really depends on your budget and what you want to achieve.
For those who want to save... just use the free ones that hotel or restaurant provide.

For myself, i have church ceremony beside the wedding dinner and the guests are slightly different. so i have to send out another set for this. i spent like $180 or so for 100+ cards as it is DIY... decorating it with tiny swarovski crystals and white lace. the process is tedious but it did impress many.