How much do you spend on Dating every Month

crazy_guy

haha, i think i will stick to my current sedan car for many yrs...i think i should stop wasting too much $ on a car..keke...but then u never know...m always a car lover, just tat i try to be realistic...

powder

it's actually cheaper to own 2 cars than to sell 1 to buy another... if u calculate the amount of money u lose each time u sell... u realise better to buy n drive til scrap.

crazy_guy

ys wat u said is pretty true..but u can own more than 2 cars if u not living in hdb. cos its hard to permanently get a season car park for your 2nd or 3rd car

thommy

siao, that makes two of us...hehe.

not to mention season parking for 2nd and 3rd cars will be much higher...no point unless u staying in landed.

doll, if u are interested in cars we can share more with u haha.

powder

doll,

cute to look at when it's not in accident... in accident, i dun find it cute with tomato and chilli sauce spilling out.

thommy

powder, urgh...that's gross.

doll, my wedding car was a copen...keke

the suzuki lapin is another cute car...I saw in singapore before, maybe u can aim for that for ur next car?

miloice

mine starting turning white 6 yrs back. But still not obvious. All white hair are removed the moment its spotted. My wife have this crazy fetish to pluck white hair. It will come a day that she will give up when its majority white.

powder

it's not gross at all, it's Real. u should see the crash tests for these cars to know why u should never even own one... better to buy an old car than to buy a new one. it is not even funny to be ever caught in accidents in such cars... u won't live to drive another car.

crazy_guy

lets put down ur ultimate dream car, even if u know u might never be able to afford one..
happy.gif

powder

i'm very particular after seeing how a few accidents on such cars end up... the passenger totally no chance. so for wifey, i'd rather we pay more and get a Mini or Merc or C30 etc... than the cutesy japanese ones... did u see how the charade in tampines ended up few yrs back? i'd rather a toyota starlet which still pretty ok, or a lada samara... but these cars no longer on our roads.

even if u're not accident prone, u can meet an accident prone driver Anytime, Anyday, Anywhere... u know my other car got hit TWICE in my very own office carpark? the same idiot also hit my colleague's car... i can only be sure he was the culprit for 1 of my hits.

some pple should not drive at all, but we all know how easy it is to get a licence in spore... u dun even need to be a smart driver, just know how to park, stop etc within a stipulated routine can liao. short skirts works wonders...

miloice

hi powder, i believe most japanese cars have at least 3stars for their safety. I would agree with your point if you were mentioning Msian or Chinese manufactured cars. But Japanese cars have a long reputation of compliancy with saftey standards.

powder

milo,

3 stars? there are a few agencies for standards... will need a minimum of 4stars else 5... anything less is a compromise on our own life. so no compromise on this... would rather make more money and take more time to make the money to afford a safer car. since i drive fast, it's a pre-requisite.

u ever notice japanese cars having pretty impressive 0-100kmh? - the standards can be different... one is based on 2 passengers with 20kg of luggage, another is based on just chasis + driver... so on paper, some cars are faster.

it's down to marketing...

miloice

4 & 5 stars are mostly for better models. Frankly even for continental, the entry levels do not have the same level of safety.

babystorm

Powder, I agree with your last statement! Very true! Everyone must learn to earn their own keep, even if born with a golden spoon. You earn more, you enjoy more. You cannot possibly support them for lifetime, can you?

powder

then get a better model.

but not really true... u can get an Alfa 159 which is like 50k cheaper than an equivalent bmw 320 or audi A4... the 159 has 5 stars. but the point is simple - go for safety as a necessary requisite... it's the one that governs if u get to drive another car and eventually your dream car.

the mentality in spore is flawed... pple mod their BHP but dun upgrade their brake systems concurrently, nor change their tyres. majority of cars in spore, if u just go around looking at the manufacture date of tyres - will be used beyond 2yrs... in a temperate country like ours... u have pple willing to install nice things in their car but not ensure the car performs in a safe balanced manner. cheap options take priority over safer options...

i'm sure u can get a cheaper 2nd hand car instead of new.

miloice

The new fit is really a great improvement from their already successful fit and it has excellent FC.

sgbabydoll

I got upgrade my brake system but don't ask me for more info cos my brother was the one who decided for me. I also send my car for servicing every six months regardless of whether I hit the 10K mileage. That's why even though my car is already 6.5 years old it is still in tip-top condition functionally. Tyres are replaced within two years.

miloice

Doll, its actually the other way round.

The new vios looks like the Yaris. That Yaris was the 1st Toyota with this look and the new Vios is actually the Yaris sedan. Vios is just an asian branding that is very successful. The previous vios was actually a soluna.

powder

laundee, u gotta uphold the ways of the dolby... a coupe is a no-no, your guru will flip upon knowing this. u can go for a vito if u really wanna be special...

crazy_guy

powder, i think most pple mod till over budget, hence not much $ left to upgrade the break system lor...

if u r looking at 4pot brake, taiwan top brand is 2K+ aft installation. If u looking higer brand like Brembo or Endless, or even AP Racing, lagi more exp lor..they rather mod the air intake n exhaust..

powder

ya, that's the thing... better to save til u have enough for everything Then do it... else too much power without the brakes to match... u may not have a car to install the brake system on liao! 1st thing i change is always battery, service, tyres (& rims if needed)... then next project will be both brakes n power... but then i think for the car i just bought - enough power liao, so just suspension and brakes. then we slowly slowly do each lor... once save enough move to next project. unless super rich then one-shot change all... but better to have intervals, then at least u know what u're improving...

crazy_guy

well if u see most pple car owner habit is change car b4 5yrs..so if u progressively upgrade, by the time u finish also the time u sell ur car away!!...

anyway normal mod of power like increase 20bph or so no really need to upgrade break lar..only like extra 50bhp then u consider a 4pot brake

thommy

u are right powder...I have seen ppl lupping on a snail but whole car completely stock...brakes and such. Owner is asking for trouble only...it doesn't matter how fast u can go, it matters how fast u can stop. most seasoned modders will do up the handling first, then power.

siao, ap racing, alcon and tarox are yummy =)

powder

haha, i prefer to buy when pple are selling after 3-4yrs... for me stopping distance is of utmost importance.