How much did you spend for ur ROM?

alhana

Hi pls,

Mine was v simple. We didn't engage make-up artiste, hairstylist, photographer etc. We took our own photos and had a relative videotape the proceedings. All I spent on was my outfit (ard $100) and flowers (ard $30) and we later threw a lunch for the guests (ard $30+/head for 30 pax at The Oriental hotel). It really depends how big a deal you want to make out of it. I just wanted to keep it simple since the actual wedding wld be a yr later.

jinette

hi pls ;p

mi spent about 3.5k+ for my ROM(held outside) ;p
hmm.. no make-up artist, friend took pictures n videotaping ;p
lunch buffet at 35+/pax for 40 ppl + suite stay(the night b4 the "DAY") @riverview hotel. n went for 1 day honeymoon stay @merchant court ;p

wedding is on dec'02 ;p

S

springly

Hi, we spent $2000 for our ROM (held outside) with about 30 guests.

MTM dress - $400 (from Doreen's LeGalleria)

MTM heels - $120

MTM suit - $500 (from Doreen's LeGalleria)

car rental - $100 (more for running errands/picking up guests)

oriental hotel theme suite - $260 (where we held the event and stayed 1 night at)

food/drinks - $200 (tea menu, some from hotel, some from outside)

photographer - $250 (2 color, 1 b/w flim, negatives bring back, photo album)

makeup/hairstyle artist - $100 (sandy)

flowers - $70

misc items like invitation cards, gifts for jp and helpers.

mandy

hi,

i spend

120 for my dress

120 for my hubby shirt and pants

138 for makeup

1000 for 40 guest of lunch.

that is about all

cheers

mandy

linda

kekekek...I think I cheapest.....

I spent:-

$78 for dress
$50 for flowers
$29.90 for hubby's shirt
$80 for make up (sandy)
$700 for lunch for 2 tables

That's all! kekekekke

nat

yo!
There's no guideline on how much to spend for ROM. All depends on what u want & how simple or how grand u expect your ROM to be.

mine to share...

$199 for dress
$29.90 + $45.90 + $6 for my hubby's shirt, pants and tie to match my dress.
DIY flower bouquet.
DIY make up
DIY hair do
DIY photography
$300 for lunch at Mouth Restaurant (2 tables)
$250 for chalet rental. (food etc sponsored by hubbby's group of piggy-doggy-pals.)

One of my hubby's friend spent the least:-
ROM registration - $26
Yellow Gold wedding band - $267.00
$5 for kodak film
$11 for taxi fare from wife's house to registry.

that's all...

pls

Thanks alot for all ur precious advice!
happy.gif

I'm still in a dilemma whether to keep it simple or grand and the soonest for the actual wedding might be 2 years later. Another thing is our present financial status dun really allow us to make it a very grand event.
Seems like most of u didn't include ur wedding bands in ur list? Mind telling roughly how much u all spent on it? Thanks once again!
happy.gif

orchid

Linda... I think I beat you to that!

I spent:
$90 for dress from Tangs
$13 for earrings
$80 for hair/makeup (and that's a voluntary angbao for my friend who's a pro hair/makeup artist)
Free pro photography cos my friend was the photographer
Free flowers cos my friend is a florist
$300 for lunch at a chinese restaurant (2 tbls)
$10 for hubby's tie! (seiyu was having sale)

orchid

Pls - we didn't do ring exchange because we will be exchanging rings only at the church weddings. and ring exchange at ROM is optional. haven't bought our wedding bands yet...

mandy

hi,

oh.. my ring, i spend $738 for my ring and $628 for his ring.

we did not get a normal wedding bands cos we brought that for our engagement, so we exchange wedding rings insteads.

cheers

mandy

alhana

Hi pls

Our wedding bands cost slightly over 1K altogether (white gold w diamond).

Its really up to you whether you want to make it a grand affair. For me, even if the actual wedding was more than a yr away, I wld still keep it simple coz we'd rather save the money.

One thing's for sure, you'll really get a kick out of calling ure bf 'Hubby' after the ceremony
happy.gif

jinette

hi pls ;p

spent 400 on our wedding bands from goldheart. very simple design(white gold)

got the rings from parkway which seemed cheaper compared with the ones in bugis n centrepoint ;p

S

springly

Hi, our rings cost $700+ each. From BP DeSilva at Raffles City. We did shopped at LeeHwa, GoldHeart, SooKee, etc. But all were very common and we both didnt like to have something which other couples might have, so we splurged a bit on the bands.

C

chlorin

hi, i spent on the following:

Rings - $700+ for 2 (white gold with diamond)
Dress - $180 (tailor made)
His shirt + jacket - approx $60 (using $60 G2000 & $60 Tangs voucher)
My Shoes - $29 (on sale at Metro)
Bag - $16 (from M)phosis)
Hand bouquet - $60
Hi-tea @ Hotel Rendezvous for 37 pple - $900+ (paid for by MIL as gift)
Ring pillow - >$15 (self made)
Choker - $19.90
Make-up - $100 (by David Lim)

BUt i did rec'd some angpaos from frens & his grandmother which came up to around $500. Thus, I think we did not spend much too..

linda

hahahha...Orchid, yah, you beat me to it! But then again, you had friends who did a lot of things for you.....
happy.gif
kekekeke...Can I boorrow them?????

happy.gif
I think the expensive thingy in my list is the lunch isn't it? Cos we love to eat too much....

Our wedding bands cost $428 each platinium with gold band and a teeny weeny diamond. I just sent it for 'rodium' plating to get rid of the gold band...kekekekkeek and that cost me another $50.

nat

pls,
We spent around $600+ for 2 rings. White gold with diamond. That time SooKee having 50% discount off second purchase.

When's your ROM? Maybe u can look around first... compare price. Sometimes two shops may have identical wedding band, but price differs. Or u may borrow discount card from friends.

Yesterday I saw sookee (Jurong Point branch) holding "moving out sales"... If the sale is still on, maybe u'd like to take a look there?
Platinum wedding bands are more ex. yellow gold is the cheapest.

flowee

hi all,

i spent ard 3k plus & was solemnized @ the rom premise...
ROM Fee $26.00
Wedding bands $1 730.00 4 a pair ( coz custom made our bands... a thick band of 2mm thk by 5mm wide... 4 both bands... )
Photographer- a frenz of my guy so gave ang pow $40.00
Developing of pixs $70.00
Chalet @ Coasta Sand East Coast $350.00
Buffet dinner $450.00 4 55pax
Bride's outfit $480.00 ( tailor made mine coz nt able 2 find any which i look nice in off the rack )
Shoes $29.00
Flowers $50.00
Mani/Pedi $55.00
Make-up Artist $180.00 ( my make-up $150 & my sis's hair-do @ $30 )
Groom's outfit $100 shirt & tie
Misc chocolates 4 those who gave us gifts but not able 2 attend the buffet dinner $50

pls

everyone of us gers spent in diff areas 4 our rom...
list ur priorities ( which items u wana 2 spend more on ) & work within ur budget...
happi roming
happy.gif

H

huh?

hi all

me didnt know ROM so expensive only after i read this forum! Now have to save $ for this again.

pls

To huh?,
Tats what I felt too! Hehehe. I used to think that I only need to spend $26 for ROM. Guess I was too simple-minded. After visiting forums, I realised that I need to spend much more than that. Tats why I posted this question. :p

To Orchid,
Oh, so ring exchange is optional during ROM. Is it becos u will be exchanging during ur church wedding so it's optional for u at ROM? Cos I'm not a christian thus won't be having church wedding. So I suppose for non-christian the time for us to exchange ring is during ROM?

To nat,
Actually I plan to ROM this dec but seems like I might have to postpone it to next year.

I have another question here. What's the difference btw wedding ring and wedding band? When are we suppose to have them? Hope u gals don't mind me asking so many questions. :p Thanks alot for all ur help!
happy.gif

orchid

Hi pls,

No, christian or non-christian, the exchange of rings at ROM is optional.

My friend (who did not have a church wedding) did their ring exchange at the wedding banquet. They walked in, music, dry-ice effect (the normal stuff hotel provided), said a short 'vow' speech to each other and exchanged rings & kissed. oooorrrr.. so sthweeet!!!! It was a very nice way to start the banquet. They ROMed 1 yr before the wedding.

Wedding ring and wedding band is the same thing.

You don't even need to exchange rings if both of you don't want to. The ring is a symbol of marriage... there is no end in the circle of a marriage (ring). and to show others that you're no longer available.

oink168

hi flowee,

"Buffet dinner $450.00 4 55pax "
may i know where did u go for ur ROM dinner? sounds very reasonable to me
happy.gif

flowee

oink168

my rom celebration is done @ the chalet...
$10 per pax with 8 course includin dessert & drinks...
food nt bad onli left with the nt so nice vegetables @ the end of the celebration...
din cater full strength 4 my guests...
caterer is from coasta sand resort @ east coast...

so when r u bringin ur guests 4 ur rom???
date settled yet????

amazed

hi,

I spent almost $1500 (now then I realise!) Is this too much?

Makeup $92
Dress $300
Hubby's shirt & tie $90
Lunch $300
Flowers $35
Rings $600
Photos $50
Choosing of date $10

andreal_lee

hey huh & pls,
i will be hving my rom next yr but like u gerls so blur neber realise other expenses...ops!*S* Aiyah had told my bf after reading the thread here, and we're startin to do some calculation or else really only pay that $26 ROM fees on dat day!!

Nice Wkend.

curious

Hi Amazed,

Where did u go for consultation for choosing ur ROM date??? Maybe I can go there next time. Tks!

amazed

Hi Curious,

I went to the Temple at Bugis. There's an old lady who sits in front giving this kind of advice from her tong shu.

bluechin

I realli think i spent too much for ROM alone....after reading here....it's over can't do anything about it now....

ROM Fee $26.00
Wedding Bands $3000.00(Platinum w Diamonds from Tiffany's)
3 Photographer & A Videographer- 1 Photographer is packaged with the Videographer + Make-up and flowers and the other two are our peers for more pictures $299
Developing of pixs taken by peers $80.00
Extra Cost for upgraded rare flowers $30.00
Bride's outfit $500 (bought from the States)
Shoes $69.00
Groom's Own Suit, Shirt and Tie
Lunch @ Marina Mandarin $600
Extra Meal for Helpers $100

will have to worry for the actual day now.....

ling

Hi pls,

My boyfriend spent $19800++ for my set of diamond jewelry.(ring,earring,necklace)

$888(his) and $688(mine) wedding band

$400(mtm dress from divine (johor)

$468+$98+$30 ( makeup,photo,video,flower,ampoules,eyelash(package from say yes)

$1400(meal at li bai -not paid by us)

$138 (shoes from leapin lizard)

$200 ( accessories)

ling

and additional,

remember that you got to get ready your medicure, pedicure, body scrub , facial , preferably the day before to look fresh and get lotsa sleep so that you are fresh and remember, do not drink any water the the night before to prevent puffy eyes.

ai Lin

cat

Hi all,

After reading ling, at least I feel better tat mine is not the exp of all.

$520 = ROM package includes MTM dress, make-up, hairdo & flower bouquet

??? = Rings (MIL custom made white gold with diamond rings)

$100 = FH's suit

$1200 = Lunch at Humble House

vicki

Hi Cat,

For yhour MTM dress, do u get to keep it? Am thinking of either tailor or bridal shop to make a dress...

So, currently considering the costs involved.

Think both about same price so just wanna noe if u can actually keep the dress!
happy.gif

cat

Hi Vicki,

I keep the dress.

Got the package from a bridal boutique. SO no frill on searching for material & seamstress. No worry that anyone had the same dress as yours since you tailored it. Then the design & quality should be better since they made bridal gowns. And most importantly, it fits me....heehee

C

cs

Mine!

$580 for rings
$250 for dress, shawl
$50 for shoes (same pair for customary)
$50 for flowers
$200 for shirt, tie
$200 for lunch 1 table
$300 for ROM fee, film, process, develop, angbaos
DIY makeup, manicure,
FOC photography (1 manual colour, 1 digital, 1 manual black-white), videography.

I can't find the other OLD thread where some people list their total expenses, thought I glanced before?

kellyfanny

Hi all...

hmm.. i think i spend abt 3K on the whole thiny.. feel abit too much lehz..

$330 for my dress
$1100 for my rings (both mine n his)
$120 for his shirt n tie
$60 for flowers
$12 express french manicure
DIY pedicure
Free makeup done by my neighbour.. (hee.. )
FOC photography..(done by my friends)
$1200 for lunch (@ Bobby Rubino's)
$40 for shoes

cutedemon

Hi all,

$180 for my wedding gown
$20 for my hubby shirt
$39 for my hubby tie
$729 for Wedding band
$128 for photographer (2 rolls w/o developing)
$110 for mini bus (12 seater)
$26 for london cab
$435 for buffet lunch ($18 per person 21 aldult and 1 kids)
$188 for MUA (Jeannie Yong) incl. bouquet
FOC for Video taken by my brother

suelynn

Hi all,

Where did u all go for lunch huh? Planning all the expenses now.We only gotten our wedding bands only, the rest still sourcing lei...

cutedemon

Dear Suelyn,

I went to Imperial Court at Grassroot Club next to yio chu kang mrt. the lunch buffet is $18 per person very nice food. Highly recommend
happy.gif

R u going to engage photographer and MUA? I can email u my album and Jeannie portfolio.
[email protected]

suelynn

cutedemon> Thanks thanks I saw Jeanie's portfoilio b4, tinking of getting a rom package n it comes with bouquet so most prob no need mua. Need fotographer tho. I noe where ald, my FH's had their weddings there. Tink we prefer somewhere central.

Hi all, if its a weekday, u tink will alot of ppl turn up? Cos our inteded date is on a friday.....

cutedemon

suelynn,
do u want to see my rom photo? i got 2 photographer though.

u can go for tim sum buffet at river city (excelsoir hotel). very cheap only 9.80 per pax. by the way wat's your budget n wat type of food are u looking at?

My rom is on thursday (28.04.05), only best fren n close relative attend. Mostly people not willing to take leave to attend rom. Tat's wat i think cause people prefer to save their leave for other usage

suelynn

cutedemon> Budget is ard $25 per person, the lesser the betta kkekeke. River city very noisy, been there b4 n I dun like lei. We are looking at international or chinese spread.Dunno if we can get the date or nt cos we want it on 9th sept, dowan to be too early like 9am kind preferably 11am to 12 or ard lunch time kind.I dunno the timeslots lei. I wanna see pixs, can send details of photographer? Liddat hw many ppl u invited? My email is [email protected] Thanks!

cutedemon

suelynn,
my advise take 10.45am time slot. cause u will need time for photo shooting after the solemnisation and it's no nice to let your guest to eat late lunch. 10.45 or 10.55 will be better. I invited about 28 people but end up only 23 able to attend.

click the below for buffet list. it might help but better for u to call them to confirm the price again
happy.gif

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~kingpok/Buffet%20List.htm

suelynn

thanks cutedemon, got ur email, u look so young lei kekekke

So early ah? We dowan to take so much fotos at the registry lei, intend to take over at the makan plc. Wah, u spend so much on photos ah? Got 2 photographers. Actually we kinda like the cafe at legends, jus getting more venues as backup. In case my FH feels getting chinese menu is betta cos his parents kinda cheena, dunno hw to eat western cuisine.

cutedemon

suelynn,
my fren also say i look young
happy.gif
and my hubby look old :p actually me n hubby same age (26 years old).

I like to take a lot of photo mah. The $80 photographer is my sis. I engage another photographer cause scared my relative, fren n family will be bored when we take photo so leave one photographer with them n take their photo while me n my hubby take photo at the garden
happy.gif

I like the imperial court staircase very much. See the last few photo my sis take for me
happy.gif

Chinese restaurant still safer. tat's wat i think. The restaurant indeed very far but the food is nice n cheap lor. Tat's why i am willing to spend money to engage a mini bus
happy.gif

But if you have your lunch at the central then no need so early lor cause save time on the journey liau mah.

suelynn

cutedemon> u so considerate! Let the other fotographer take ur frens n family kekekke

Tink transport wise nt much of problem cos most of us drive, so can squeeze abit n send everyone there but the going hm part is more mafan. Agree that gimtin food is nice but my Fh's side got 3 person marry there so dowan to have the same liao...... We mite jus invite few frens n our immediate family.

uberrimae

hi all, can you lovely gals email me the places where you get your ROM dress? Intend to get one for ROM first, my AD is further away. Having trouble sourcing for nice MTM ones
happy.gif
Thanks so much.

[email protected]