HOW MUCH CHEAPER IS GUCCI, BURBERRY & LV IN JAPAN?

Loy, It ain cheap.. I just went Japan in feb..
Given e current forex rates, your better off buying in SIN. I only bought a BBL wallet.. for e sake of buying.. Lol!!

winningeleven

I went to ameyoko tokyo and saw a shop down there selling branded bag like LV, it is quite cheap compare to brand new which what i see the condition is very new , but i believe it is 2nd handed or old stock.

I thought may be fake but how can it be a shop in tokyo selling fake branded bag so openly?

My wife was there thinking for the whole week whether she should buy the burberry blue ladel...in the end, she decided not to waste that $500++ , but i do admit a lot of women sure want to die die buy a blue label oevr there as it is exclusive.

Hi both... thanks for assisting me...
IsA: u mean the tax rebate? i might be going in May, coz i heard ppl telling me it was 30% cheaper in Japan.. Haiz... Or is Ginza there cheaper?

Winningeleven: i oso agree, most ppl will buy blue label there.. haha... thats y i would like to know izit cheaper for burberry there oth than blue label.. :) wanna get one for myself... hee...

Is all burberry in Japan the same price? or diff place with diff price?

There is no tax rebate as told to us by our tour guide so we din bother. I bought a bag and a wallet and it already cost me over 1k.

If it was really cheap there, Jap ladies won be coming SIN in groups to buy branded stuffs.. Rem back in 90s it was mostly the Jap who thronged the branded boutiques in Sin?

pinjie8275

I dun think Japan is a good place to buy branded stuffs except Agnes B. Most Japanese would buy them overseas especially in Singapore. Must cheaper for them at our Duty Free shops.

kireii

Ameyoko shop, are 2nd hand shop, but they are geniune goods as Japan is a big no no for fake goods. u will notice there are warning at airport.

Branded bags to buy in japan is BBL (only available in Japan, but made in China) and Anges B (much cheaper than Spore.. but look for the inner label .. to see if it is Made in Japan)

At Big departmental store you can claim 5% tax rebate if you spend Y10,000 and above.

haiz... very sad to hear that... i suppose USA will be a better place to go for branded ya...
but anyway, how much cheaper is agnes b is japan then?

chole

Europe is the best place to buy LV, with the tax rebate and depreciating EUR...but provided they dont up the price since EUR keep falling..

thommy

I just came back from Japan, got my black labels from there. Got my tax rebate as well cos each item more than 10k jpy.

pinjie8275

I don't think branded is cheap is Japan... else Japanese wonld not be flocking to Singapore Duty Free... Burberry Blue label is exclusive and can be found only in Japan hence make it special but not cheap. Other than USA and Europe, no other places sell 'cheap' brandeds.

chole

hi all just fyi. i just bought a burberry bag in macau DFS n its abt $70 sgd different compare to DFS sg. i guess is because of the stronger SGD so i think its a little cheaper to buy in HK. which i saw a lot of tourists in HK buying LV, coach etc. i think their stocks are newer compare to SG too esp Coach.