How early to start facial.

sherlin

If you first timer better start asap to let your skin get used. If you start only 1 week like what the above advised, and you are sensitive to the products used or treatment not suitable, then good luck to you.

Thanks Sherlin for ur advise! My wedding is in Sept 2014.. i guess i should start scouting for facial packages soon! Do u hv any good recommendations? :)

If you want to put anything new on your face, better do it as early as possible. One of my friend started some treatment 1 week before big day and she got allergic to it. On her big day, she needed to conceal the allergy marks on her face. Moreover, after facial, your face may have redness on it

I recommend about 1 month.

If you constantly uses facial masks at home, shouldnt even need to use any facial packages

sherlin

There are a lot of facial salons out there, difficult to say which are very good . Asterspring is not bad I find, but a lil pricey lar, and sometimes not easy to book slot during peak hours, min 1-2 months' advance booking.

maymay82

Im told that all brides should go for facial before the big day! Anyone has suggestion on how early to start?
I would say asap... coz good skin does not appear instantly... unless of coz you are born with it!
If you have acne or pigmentation, then you will need several rounds of treatments which you need at least 3 months in advance (considering once or twice a week) for result to show.
Same goes for laser or face slimming or skin tightening, all need 1 - 3 months in advance.

maymay82

oh but if you have no major problem and just need to look more refresh and glowy... then there are certain 'boosting' facials around. I did a radiofrequency facial few days before my wedding day coz it gives a temporary uplifting effect which i need. A 'whitening' or certain masks also can give you an instant lifting and glowing effect that will lasts a day or few days... but those of coz will be slightly more expensive than normal facial. hope this helps.

maymay82

adding to my thoughts... it's actually not advisable to do right before the actual wedding day or photo shoot. coz sometime you don't know if the facial may trigger allergic or irritate the skin. I had a friend who did a facial hair removal (waxing) on her face few days before her ROM and allas... her skin couldn't take the pull and she got a reddish 'moustach' like mark above her lips which can't even be concealed fully. poor girls.

I also seen people who got reaction after facial and aesthetic treatments...
so please give it at least 1 week apart before your important day, unless you are so certain / familar with this treatment (like my radiofrequency treatment), my advise is don't be too bold with things you are not sure of.

nana1977

To be on the safe side, do facial regularly ~3-4 weeks interval.
Before 1-2 weeks before wedding, can go for TRF facial which can gives your skin a lift and radiance.
Reduce some "fats" at the chin and cheeks!

Deanne26

I would say at least 3 months minimally. Also can do spa when planning to destress :p Im with estetica now, their facials are pretty good and my breakouts have cleared up. I would recommend their hydration facial, hahah i remember bring consulted by the beautician and she say hydration is the foundation to good skin. After each session i don't experience the expelling toxin breakout I've read about but everyone has different skin so best to try out with a buffer period to recover from any potential allergy etc.

P/S :For acne sufferers I really really recommend using retinol creams. and get started on the regime at least 6 months before the big day since retinol is known to make the skin worse before it gets better.

Deanne26

$1980 for 12 sessions. Before the hydration facial I was doing Acne Biotic facial, 1680 for 12 sessions as well. I alternate between these 2 facials, for when i have rare breakouts ( acne biotic) and when i'm just going regularly (hydra-collagen facial)

TingHS

I started oready. Yes we need time to clear the blemishes... Tot I needed sometime to get better skin.. My package is $1290 for 15 sessions..

Oliviaccn

Facials should be done regularly twice a month, and it takes a few months to get the skin in order.. Subsequently just maintain at once every 3 weeks. In between the facials I recommend double cleansing your face, means oil wash before foam or liquid wash. Also don't forget the sheet masks. My favorite mask for moisturizing and blighting are Naruko's Raw Job's Tears. And I'm a regular sk2 user so for a sheet mask to impress me it's not that easy. You can get it cheap from Qoo10.. =)

Using SingaporeBrides app

jole

Hi,

Anyone tried BeautiInstinct or DrX? Are they really so good as what the bloggers always recommend?