How do you know you stand a chance?

juergen

How do you know the gal you are wooing is interested in you? When you gotten her msn/hp/FB and start to sms/msn her frequently, it is obvious that you are interested in her rite. If she dosen't avoid you, is it a good thing or she is juz being friendly? If she rejected your 1st date, does it mean you got no chance already? How will a gal respond if she knows that a guy is interested in him?

bedokboy

how old are u juergen?
at this stage, it is not very 'adult' to be so besotted with this girl.
obviously you barely know her. get to know other girls too. you will be more relaxed and confident with the one you think you really like when time comes too.

miloice

Don't read too much into things when you don't even understand her enough. If you are really interested about her. Get to know her better as a person instead of trying to hope this hope that.

milk_powder

i suggest go easy. This was the mistake i made when i was early 20s.

If i were to redo everything again in my now 30s, i would do it differently:

Try to chit chat over msn casually or look at wat she's interested in over fb. Will b good if u got some common hobby like music, movies, sports, travelling.

If there's something in common, u can juz casually (again) talked abt it, im sure it wil come natural to go together for some activities rather than dating for sake of dating.

e.g. there was a time when i was crazy abt running races, n happen tat 1 of my female colleague crazy too. So we hanged out pretty often together unknowingly, talked abt running, buying track shoes, recce running route, going to running clinic.

Lately im also in some musical instrument lately, and came across a few females frens same interest too, n it came so natural that we go shopping for musical books, looking at instruments etc.

See, the point is, get into something natural, wil be better for everyone.

denise80

I don't know. Perhaps I can offer another perspective. I just feel that you should just muster your courage and woo her and be very direct. I never liked men who are wishy washy. That'll immediately tell you if she's keen or not. Somehow if a girl likes you, she'll like you..no matter what method you choose to woo her. Somehow if she doesn't like you, she doesn't then and this is regardless of what tactics you have. If we all need special methods or ways to make someone fall for us or to start a relationship with us, then I think it's rather pointless and may not sustain too.

bedokboy

sorry juergen, re earlier post. i asked for your age because i am not trying to say you are childish.

luckily milk's post puts things in2 perspective. perhaps guys do treat girls differently according to their own ages, or experiences.

if you are too 'desperate' you will appear to be so and this will not put the girl at ease too. Altho girls, like denise may say that they like guys to be direct and not wishy washy, I'm sure they would feel uncomfortable if they met an overly aggressive guy, whether or not the girl already likes him. The girl may be impressed with what she hears about the guy or how the guy looks before getting to know him better, but if he is too aggressive, often times he will scare the girl away.

and yes, don't hope this hope that. You will not be at ease and it will show when you talk. Girls generally like confidence in a man.

Relax!!!
happy.gif

juergen

I am already direct and told her I like her. I even tried to ask her out but was rejected. Reason is becuz she dun feel comfortable to go out with ppl she not familiar with. I'm glad that she didn't avoid me and we still got chat on msn/sms as usual trying to understand each other better. Yah...juz that maybe I'm not confident of myself or maybe I'm curious of what she thinks/feels abt me. Hahaha.

bedokboy

oh ok that's good.

maybe try not to think whether or not you have chance or no chance. can promise you if you don't improve now, even after you get the girl, next time breakup for you will be dam painful! haha, speaking from past experience.

so just relax, take it easy. even tho she doesn't wanna go out with you, giving you access to talk to her is good enough. Do other things to gain confidence, don't focus all your energies on this girl. Work hard, play hard with friends. Find useful hobbies to spend your time on.

Good luck!

denise80

There are 101 reasons why she is not alright to meet you.

1. There's something you have or don't have that doesn't fit into her criteria for the type of men she likes.

2. She is already attached or dating many other men whom she deems more suitable for her.

3. You are not attractive enough for her to meet you and I don't mean looks..it could be the personality traits.

I mentioned the above because she's not even thinking about giving you and herself a chance by meeting you. This shows that she feels you don't meet her minimum criteria somehow. I am speaking from how a woman feels and thinks. It really doesn't matter what is it about you that she is not that keen on. It just means she's not keen, if you know what I mean?

I am sure there are girls out there who will appreciate you for who you are and you need to trust that and continue searching. Cast your net. Don't just focus on one.

scope_guy

Juergen,

From personal experience... There is no need to bother so much about she keen or not.

Nearly half of whom I met were initially attached or not keen. Trust me, don't even trust women on themselves.

juergen

I dun think I need bah. She's my colleague and we are not in the same dept and she dun see me quite often. She juz ended a long r/s and still haven got over it. And I heard rumours that she like my other colleague but somehow or rather things dun work out between them. So it might be alot of reasons and scope could be rite...sometimes gals are not sure of themselves either.

bedokboy

yeah.

but there are indeed interesting things u can find off the web. Good for personal development too. This girl won't be the only girl you like in your whole life right?

scope_guy

Juergen,

All women are about the same... You need to seduce them. See?

There is only one woman in my lifetime that I can't do that. But when you find someone you seriously want, you'd have to seduce...

Pls, no women will just be attracted to men for no reason. You are colleagues, you are in the same area... Best. Even if she is attached or if she liked anyone else, you CAN still get her.

juergen

Haha...I would say as of now so far she is the 1st one that fits my requirements and she's the one that would attract me to come out of my past bad relationship to start to woo a gal again.

scope_guy

I am currently in a lousy mood as well... It's the worst situation that when you need someone yet you cannot have the mood to get anyone. LOL~

You don't have to be aggressive... You'd only see her been taken away by another dickhead. Women are like that... they will tell you all sorts of rubbish, but their choices are seldom RATIONAL.

They will always tell you they love their bfs so fvcking much, they are so happily married... but women are just women. Their hearts cannot be trusted. Fair competition.

scope_guy

Single, attached, married... what the fvck difference does it make? It's either she's with you, or she's not. LOL~

Juergen, what are women? Women are firstly women when you first see them, then later only comes relationship. Relationship starts really when you kiss them... not when they say you are her bf.

You got to know the reality of women. LOL~

She said no hurry. Then tomorrow maybe kissing someone else... LOL~

bedokboy

i think the women are gonna stand up and fight soon after reading scope's comments, to which I think there is no sin in being honest.

juergen, when you become older you might understand what scope is saying. Maybe still not agree, but can understand a bit more.

happy.gif

scope_guy

Hi Bedokboy,

Let them fight. Not my type of women, I never bother losing. LOL~ My personal policy.

I think he needs alot of experience as well. When he finally knows women... perhaps will be like me, 对多数的美女麻木ä¸ä» (can't be bothered about most beauties...).

How can he know if that girl/woman fits his requirements without she being with him? Can tell he has room to improve. LOL~

Women... ... You trust their mouths, you die. Their mouths are for us guys to kiss, not to trust.

margret

don't listen to this GUY!!!!!!!! U will be a loser like him if u listen to him. He knows nut.

The way he is insulting women make me feel he is not born by women, maybe by some animal.

scope_guy

Hi Janey,

This I totally agree. This is guys' talk here. And she interferes.

You 'normal' girls should hang out with 'normal' guys. I am too 'weird' or exotic for you to be bothered with.

Have a nice life with normalities.

hweebs

Juergen,

I will suggest being a friend first. Be close,be friendly, be there often enough for her to suddenly see parts of you that she likes. But do not push, the harder you try, the more she will reject you. For women (and maybe men too), there is the instant attraction, and also the long term attraction. Most women are into long term relationship and commitment, so even if they may not be initially attracted, she may be later on when she sees qualities in you that fit her 'criteria'.

Actually, as you continue to be her friend, etc, you will also know her better. PEA (phenylethylamine) that gives the fatal attraction/obsession/lovesick factor usually last for 3 months or so, so after that when it wears off, some pple find themselves out of love. Dunno whether it will happen to you. But as you know her better, you may uncover values and attitudes that make you like her or dislike her more. Give yourself a chance and don't rush in.

margret

sad_ending, yessssssss.........

But i doubt this will affect him cos his skin too thick, bullet-proof. ha ha ha

scope_guy

Say what you want. It doesn't change anything.
Don't you people find yourselves pretty childish?

Hmm... I am actually doing an observation on this aspect. The puzzle is always... why people always fend for nosense with nosense? I know you people are Haters. You go around hoping to influence others against me without even seeing how nosensical you are in doing that.

Just like those women, they insulted themselves protraying themselves like foul mouths while fending for the beautified version of local women. LOL~

Look at Milo, he tailgated me almost everywhere... talking nosense, telling everyone to ignore me when he himself faithfully read my stuffs. LOL~

So... here's the simple question: Are you people out of your mind?

If you think you are normal, it's ok. If you won't repent, that's up to you. I just think it's about time you guys and gals take a mirror and look hard into it. What you are doing shows nothing but make me laugh harder.

It's entertaining, no doubt. Sometimes I have no mood, so I come here and get a laugh.

Look at Margret and Janey... This chap has a problem. He said that girl no bf, no want to get bf, yet he said the girl like like another colleague. LOL~ Then while we tried to help him, these two jokers jumped out of nowhere.

Sad-ending appeared also when I was trying to aid Monokuro.

What's the use of you people? What's the use of you women to promote local women? What's the use of these whole idea of low-IQ moves? Do you think trying to behave like some clowns here doing stupid accusations and such will make you any holier?

You think Scope is a child, and don't understand what you people are trying to do?

Who is the real loser? Sad-ending, are you a winner? Thomas, so what they are other better-looking guys? Andy Lau also said other guys are better looking?

I cannot change you people, your parents should be the ones who should have educated you.

LOL~

If you feel good at your miserable selves for all those silly little moves... Such moves do help in a way to filter those who are mature and those who ain't qualified. Simple as that.

This forum is 'a matter of the heart'. And someone called me a loser because she her herself jumped on conclusions, and tell everyone there is a loser and such a thing as a winner in relationship. I of course laughed... when she said she is marrying. LOL~

Funny people. When has matters of the heart has such mortal rules... as in a game, as Junkie described it?

I don't know how you people are raised, but by such ignorance of display in this forum, it shows that you people know no shame... I don't mind women here continue to promote local women in such a manner.

Who is insulting local women? LOL~

Ironical, isn't it?

No. I am not interested in petty little fights that sees no end. The only way such people in forums stop their nosense would have been proper education. People who think like Milo who went around showing me how... silly he was when he was trying to be smart, what can anyone do about it?

Look at this forum, yet beyond this world...

This chap here has a chance, bo chap what that girl has said. So what women are married? Their 'great' love for marrying could be easily just about a divorce lawyer, a PI, and what? A forum of immature 'advisors'? LOL~

So what she is a attached?

Look at the forum. Take a mirror and face yourselves. You are mostly not ready for relationship, it's just a sorry game to most of you.

Call me a women's outcast for what? It's as if it'd change anything. LOL~ Just because I shun inferior women, that I chose to be their 'outcast' in a sense, means nothing.

If you think I am insulting women, then show me how good you all are... instead of being so insulting to yourselves. And the guys here... I am not interested in such women, you can gain their favors for all I care. But as guys, I feel sad for you...

å­æ›°å¥³å­ä¸Žå°äººéš¾å…»ä¹Ÿ.

As a guy, try not to be another... silly woman.

So... Have a nice day.

red_garnet

to TS: let nature takes its course. relax and go with the flow. if you keep going after her and forcing her to go out on dates with you when she's not ready, she might just shut herself up like a clam...

miloice

All the tricks for getting into the good books for a good fxxx is not the same as marrying the woman. Depends what you want. Figure that out 1st.

If you are out to impress, there is no worry of not being able to sustain 'that level'. But if you want long term, never oversell yourself and shoot yourself in the foot. And those lamer men that blame women for the expectation that set for themselves are just losers.

thommy

The difference between Andy Lau and you is, he's humble but you're not.

As to whether you've been making downright insulting remarks to women, go read your posts on top again and figure. Don't bring parents and upbringing into the picture otherwise you will just be opening the Pandora's Box.

Who said you were a child? At least a child doesn't go around messing up others' lives. You may have your way with women now but that doesn't mean your pickup lines apply to the rest here.

Beware of karma, my friend. What goes around comes around.

juergen

Whoo...didn't know that my thread would become a warzone sia...hahaha.

To Milo: Thanks..I'm trying to understand her as a person now.

To Powder: Thanks..I'm trying to find out more abt her hobbies/interest/lifestyle and be natural and not so tense up.

To Denise: Yeah..I am the kind of person who is quite direct and dun like to be wishy washy. It's my character and it dosen't mean that I am impatient. Some of my friends also told me that like means like, dun like means dun like and it depends on situation too. Thanks anyway.

To hweebs: Some other friends also told me sometimes gals take a longer time to warm up and want to get to know you more become they open up to you. Now I am telling myself to pull back a little and trying to be a friend 1st and offer help/advice to her whenever she needs. I have not been pushing anymore..sometimes even refrain myself to cut down the number of sms/msn to her as I dun wan to make her fan gan. And I agree with you that maybe after few weeks down the road, I might like her more or dislike her more once I get to know her better. I am giving myself a chance and also giving her a chance to understand each other better. Thanks for advising also.

To bedokboy: I have been trying to be less aggressive nowadays le inorder not to scare her away. It could be still a good sign that she still talks to me meaning giving herself a chance to understand me better before thinking to accept my next date or not. And of cuz I wun focus all my energies on her...I have my own life too. And as I said before, I have already taken the 1st step to let her know my feelings, it is up to her to decide what she really wants. She knows what is best for herself...not point forcing her also. Currently, she might be the best gal available for me now and of cuz I might meet better gals than her next time. Appreciate your comments too.

To red garnet: Thank you. Yeah...letting nature takes its course now and I nvr ask her to go out with me le. Maybe a few weeks later then try, at most kenna reject again lor. At least I can tell myself that I did try and nvr regret.

And lastly to scopeguy: Although alot of people here dun like you, but I would still like to thank you for your advice. I have friends who are same as you. Totally dun trust women and believe that they like bad guys. Hahaha.

thommy

juergen, take things slowly since u said she has just ended a long relationship. maybe u can start off as friends first once u begin to talk to her more on a regular basis....when u get to know her better, then decide whether she's the one for u.

altiora

Sorry TS for being off-topic in this post.

I am writing with regards to this paragraph, written by Scope:

"This forum is 'a matter of the heart'. And someone called me a loser because she her herself jumped on conclusions, and tell everyone there is a loser and such a thing as a winner in relationship. I of course laughed... when she said she is marrying. LOL~"

I will not shirk from my own action and I will take responsibility for what I have posted.

You sound like a loser not in a relationship, but in life. Kindly enlighten me to where in my post I have mentioned anything about winning or losing in a relationship. I don't know how did you think that I was referring you as a loser in a relationship, when you don't even have one?

If you think I jumped onto any wrong conclusion, please note that there is nothing here to mislead me except your words.

I do not know you personally, I have no reason to act personal against you. I responded only because I saw someone who posted such an atrocious story in a thread that is meant to share love stories. Please do not insult love in this way. Just because either you don't believe in it, or you can't find it, doesn't mean other people won't. And yes, I am happily preparing for my wedding because I know who is it that I want to share my life's ups and downs with and he is someone I have chosen to stick with too.

Oh well, maybe you won't understand, since you seem to think that having a colourful life fooling around with different women for superficial reasons is the life for you. But please don't label that as "love".

For those who are interested, this is the thread:

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/5/1427897.html?1274675382

Thanks.

scope_guy

Thomas,

Get this very clear. I am not the one who goes around sharing my pics and telling people I am handsome.

The issue is not whether I am humble or not. The issue is with you people. Is jumping conclusion based on a few loose no-details stories means a change to you if I can go any more humble?

Obviously, you guys and gals won't reflect upon yourself.

It's not about I am humble or not, it's about your complexes or trying to be evil. Face it.

Look at Milo~ Forget it.

Juergen,

No no no, you got the wrong idea. I am not a bad guy. Yes... I broke many hearts, but it was because I am a good guy, and I was their first choice. They wanted me to stay... but... I want real love, see?

I won't compromise to anything lesser. And I hate all those stupid tricks for trying to keep me away from other women or to force me to marry them.

Women... ... One day you will grow up to understand.

You can listen to those Haters of me, give her up, or let nature takes its course (which is about 99% chance to give her up, since she's telling you NO.), or you can listen to me.

Told you already, bo chap she's attached or not interested. Most women will not be interested with strangers. Got it? You got to seduce them, then you know them... then you'd know if they really is the one you are looking for, then you can go on and see whether there is a prospect or not.

The problem is, if you listen to those jokers... You'd never even have a chance, so forget about long-term relationship.

Women will also seduce men... so that after many ducks, they find their prince.

I don't trust women only because I know they are great liars... even to themselves. They don't even know why they really marry somebody. Some wake up, some will never. Many married rich guys only to discover they want someone else or someone else'd be the one they truly desire.

We cannot change how women are biologically. But we can give them a chance to explore us by seducing them. Fair fight, understand... For your own happiness, and if you are the man, it's for their own happiness as well.

I made a very big mistake when I was young. The girl is now married. I know the pain. Actually... it's a not mistake... I am naturally a donkey in front of her. LOL~ Long story.

If you really like the girl, you must make her yours, and believe me, when she's with you, you can then give her all the romance in the world... she'd not be closed up on you... if she is seduced by you.

Trust me. She's just telling you 'Try harder'. If you are not prepared to fight for her, you'd lose her. Don't make the mistake I made. I was too shy, I thought too much, she already gave me her number... and I was too shy to even call.

Fight for your happiness. Or others will snatch it away from you.

If I were to be a bad guy... LOL~

Love is blind, young man. Women are never rational. Look at all those Haters' behavior. You should know. LOL~

Alot of people don't like me is not the issue. Who you are in the face of the one you love is the issue. Other people are not important. You'd get the girl, not them.

Besides, they are telling you to slack. If you believe you can trust nature's course... LOL~

But of course, you must know how to move in. It's an instinct thing... You must know women first.

scope_guy

Altiora,

Do you expect me to have the goals as you in life?

As if your life is everyone else's perfect model. You are funny.

So... Prepare to eat your own words. LOL~

miloice

Thomas, talking about upbringing. it really points back to himself. Just like so many things this chap has been jumping to conclusions and accusing others of. Why bother? Focus back on the TS lah.

Juergen, what I meant is, u have to stop reading into all the minor minor stuffs and reacting to them, pondering if she means this or that. Subconsciously, u r going to add alot of pressure on the friendship and it aren't going to be enjoyable being with someone that is always reading into things hoping to lead into something.

Stop having expectations about going deeper into the relationship and just have fun hanging out together. Comfort level is important.

altiora

Hi Scope,

As I will assume responsibilities for my words, I do not eat them.

Since it is my opinion that you are a loser in life, of course it will be based on life as I see it. You are free to claim that you are a winner in your life as you see it, nobody's stopping you right?

I do not see how voicing my opinion means I am expecting my life to be "everyone else's perfect model".

Feel free to think otherwise.

Sorry TS, this will be my last post here to Scope. I do enjoy intellectual and logical debates due to my profession but clearly Scope is kind of lacking in this department, so I see no need for further pursuit.

kenturik

TS, try to be her friend first. Chatting on SMS/MSN or even phone calls does not mean anything deep except it is a stepping stone.
On the other hand, rejecting your date does not necessary mean that she is not interested. Nor accepting it means she is accepting you.
Bottomline, if you are not even friends how could anything develop further especially at this point it is quite clear you are not her first choice.
Dating is an interesting "game", fill with suspense, anxiety, ups and downs. I tend to agree with Milo-peng, 'just have fun hanging out'.
Having said that, Scope perception is different. He view women as a release of his sexual urges, his trophies of ONS while his real love is with his college sweetheart. I dun think you could equate that with love at its lowest point. There are people who kiss and there are those who kiss and tell. A very breed from a different stable of course.

thommy

altiora/milo, agree with both of u, let's get back to the topic as our friend seems to be a narcissist caved up in his own world. no point arguing until the cow comes home, waste of our time.

scope_guy

Kenturik,

Basically, that's a libel.

Is that how I view women... I'd have banged every hooker I come across in Geylang. LOL~

simpleman

Scope is obviously a soul tormented by women.. and hence his outbursts..

He is really pitiful, so you guys, cut him some slack.

juergen,

Firstly, get to know someone first without expectation. You are attracted by her looks? Or her personality. You hardly know her other than the way she look and maybe a little interaction.

Get to know her better first - in person or in whatever form. The rest will come naturally.

miloice

sm, I had been right about his intentions in this forum all the long. What he does beyond his online life is really not my concern, pitiful or not, does it matter?

My only intent in talking about this guy is to save others the need to react to his provoking messages and only to realize after all the long long interaction on how pointless it is to try to engage him in any sensible manner. He would gladly return with entire load of super long messages and stupid researches that were never intended to be understood. He said those things only to irritate. How sick is that? Sadly, it aren't really working anymore.

Tell me how wrong was my judgement about him thus far in here? None of us is here for some popular contest. All we need is some common sense to realize it aren't some hate scope agenda here.

powder

juergen,

that assurance has to come from yourself... not from the pple around u. as a guy, one day u have to have this leap of faith to just keep trying your best to make things happen.