How did you meet your lover/spouse?

susanna_low

My hb lor..... like to turn here and there during zzzz and once he fell off from the bed.
But then marriage is to compromise with each other, to nag nag nag everyday is a big turn off.

blurblurman

Lya,
i also wish i can the whole bed to myself ... but now ... i am kick out to the little bed beside while mom and kids sleep together ... sign...

mootie

haha... everyone has got their own habit. u need to accept his habits and vice versa, he need to adapt to urs too..
happy.gif
initially i cannot exactly take my husband's snoring too. haha.. but gradually, get used to it or maybe i too tired to hear anything then juz sleep it off. keke.. and yah la, he say i snore at times too.. maybe with saliva dripping. ahha.. oops!

miloice

as much as we want to compromise, not everything have solution like this one what. Incompatibility issues are real.

bobochacha

hehe..i think its gd to recap those happy sweet moments back..sometimes i think of my hubby silly actions..i will smile to myself..hahahaah

yeah..let's get the spark moving on..

cuclainne

well i also met my husband on match.com .. that time i had just gotten out from a long relationship and just wanted to make new friends. we corresponded online for about 2-3 months, he was interested in knowing more about singapore so we were mainly talking about that.

he came to singapore, met my parents about a week after he arrived and asked for my hand. i thought it was crazy .. lol .. and it was even more unbelievable that my dad agreed (maybe my parents just can't wait to get rid of me - lol).

he proposed at the koi pond at suntec but i told him i won't take the proposal seriously until he did it properly .. with a ring .. hahaha.

about 5 months later, i went to his home country to meet his family and friends - spend 2 months there. everyone was very nice to me.

i thought he would propose on my birthday but he said my birthday is a birthday and it would be so sad if he proposed on the same day cos it's meant to be special.

one day, he just decided to take me shopping for a ring and we manage to find one that we both liked .. that night we went to dinner with his mom and brother. after dinner, he took me for a walk to find the perfect spot to propose. it was so cold and i just wanted him to get it over and done with .. lol ..

we finally stopped at a park next to the waters by the royal palace. he had such difficulty opening the box, i was getting worried that the ring would fly out and land in the water. though he did not propose on his knees, and that i knew he was going to propose, the moment was still magical
happy.gif

bobochacha

wah..envy u all eh..hubby still proposed 2 u..

hehe i dont even have wor..

tat time online my hubby just say i want u to be my wife..i know u are meant for me..

like tat nia..where got surprise..hahaah

blurblurman

It is good to always bring up the happy time together rather than focus on those disagreement .. this will make marriage happier

mootie

haha.. chris: ur husband is direct kind one.. for my hubby, also i demand de.

i remember tt time he ask me to meet him at raffles city. after i reached, then he called me say he got stomache, need to go to the loo. i say oki lo, will wait for him at the fountain area. so i went down using the escalator right beside starbucks.

then while walking towards the fountain, saw this guy super familiar. his back was facing him, then i realised that's my hubby. while i was wondering wat's he waiting for, suddenly he turned back. he saw me then quickly hide behind a wall. haha.. for goodness sake! he's too big to hide lo!

then i saw him with the bouquet, no choice then he walk towards me and pass me the big bouquet and ask me to marry him. in there was a card which he wrote some lovely sentences like: he wish to wake up everyday seeing me and ask if i'm willing to walk hand in hand with him for the rest of our life. keke.. mushy!

then he asked me.. how come u came from the other side? i was expecting u to come down from the escalator in the mall. (-_-*) then he was even thinking of proposing to me infront of everyone at the fountain. too bad, i caught him! hehe..

isshin

This the love story of mine:

“He†was driving his friend to SIM for class, after dropping his friend at the foyer; he reversed his car to exit the foyer. At the same time, “She†was walking out the foyer after class to get a cab. As “He†was reversing and “She†was walking toward the cab at the same time. “He†nearing knock “Her†down, “She†drop her H/P in fright and slapped “Her†hand on the car boot where “He†E-brake. ‘He†got down from the car and apologizes but “She†was still angry at the fact that “Her†new H/P was probably damage by the drop on the floor. “She†requested to have “His†number so if the H/P was to have any damage “She†will look for “Himâ€. So after exchanging phone number and name, both left their own way.

Two weeks later, “She†got a new phone with a new line as the previous H/P did not survive the drop. “She†mass sent msg to inform everyone in the phone book that “She†had change her contact number. “He†was one of them being informed.

“He†received an msg from an unfamiliar number; he replied “Who are you?†She replied “Janiceâ€. “He†replied “Ok. Talk to you nest time†“She replied “Okâ€

Another one week later, “She†changed her number again. Once again “She†mass sent msg to inform everyone in the phone book that “She†had change her contact number. And again “He†was one of them being informed.

Again “He†received an msg from an unfamiliar number; but this time “He†called back the number asking “Who is this?†She replied “Janiceâ€, He replied “Oh, Ok. Talk to you next time.â€

Another one week later, “He†was doing duty and at the same time doing house keeping for his phone book. “He†saw this name “Janiceâ€, the name seem familiar but “He†just can remember this person so “He†decided to give this person a call, they had a very long conversation till into the night.

They had arranged to meet up at Suntec Tower 4 for dinner the following day. “She†waited at the wrong Taxi stand and by the time she realized that she was late and “She†ran to the correct Taxi Stand looking for his car.

After they meet, they decided not to eat at Suntec. So they decided to go down to Bugis, “He†was unable to find his way to Bugis so we end up driving around. “He†said that “She†was the reason that “He†can’t think straight. After a few turn, they ended up at AYE so they decided to go to West coast hawker center for dinner. On the way there, they were chatting; he was asking if “She†know how to cook. “She†say “Yarâ€, “He actually asking if “She†would want to cook rice for you for the rest of her life. At the moment “She†felt that “She†had turn into a rice cooker.

After that dinner, they began dating. “He†had plan to do something special on their one month anniversary, but as he is not a romantic type of guy it took him 2 weeks before he decided to do something with his own hand. First he brought a big brown box and many different type of materials. He trial and error before getting the words rights but he still not happy with it. He decided to make the words light up but can’t think of how to make it happen. 2days later upon a chance he saw a solider broke a light stick and the liquid flow out of the holder ,as he see the liquid flowing out of the holder ,he knew he can use the liquid to light up the wording he needed. He immediately went to buy the light stick and went home to experiment it. He spends the whole night before getting it right , as he finished the final product he grin and knew that she will never be able to guess what he have done for her. On the very day “He†took “Her†to Labrador Park and surprises her with a self made neon board with ‘I LOVE YOU, JANICE’

6 months later

They were having afternoon shopping at Suntec when they saw one of the jewel shop having some kind of promotions. They went over and looked around. She saw a ring and decided to tried it on, it fitted just nice and he thought it will be nice to buy it for her as a present. After looking at the price tag ‘HE WOW and smile at her’ In his mind was ‘KAOZ so expensive I might as well spend the money on my car haha ’ After leaving the shop they went around shopping. As he was waiting for her to tired out some clothes ,he heard a couple talking about marriage and a statement just caught his attention “ If you suddenly pop a ring out now i will marry you right away†He looked over to the couple and saw the girl walking away leaving the guy standing there like a lost sheep. He thought ‘Why not just buy the ring and ask her to cook for me forever , better then asking the old school way of asking’ He immediately ran to the jewel shop, get the ring and ran back . As she came out of the changing room and pull her hands and went to a quiet corner behind Suntec. He looked at her and hugged her close to him and say ‘I have something to ask you, she ask ya, then he pull out the ring box and ask , Will you cook for me for the rest of your life ? ‘She took the ring and smile then reply ‘Can I have a bigger ring next time ?’

24th March 2005 – after being together for 1 year 1 month and 3 days

Their ROM.

3 years and 2 Months after their ROM is their wedding.

miloice

just a observation.... initially, the question is where did u meet your spouse. Somehow, it becomes entire story of the romance, proposal till wedding.

Maybe next, we will have entire life stories here as well
happy.gif

We can see the gender difference. Generally, the ladies give a very detailed and specific account of the entire story. While guys go straight to the key points of it all. Very interesting sharing here. Keep them coming. Cheers!

lovingyou

Gals have a better memories in such stuffs...
happy.gif

My short story:-
I met my HB during our first discussion of an orientation camp. He was pulled along by his friend to join us. We didn't realli leave much impression on each other, or should I say we can't be bothered with each other... The 3 days camp improved our friendship, from friends to buddy and eventually a couple a year later. He proposed to me on 14 Feb 07 in an unique way and we got ROM on 25 Sept in the same yr... Walking down the aisle with HB for our customary next mth...
happy.gif

mootie

wooh! valentine's day! hehe..

yah la Milo, i also noticed that we gers elaborate alot more than guys. haha.. but i can tell u, all of us juz kept on typing until we didn't even realised also. haha.. until we preview the message, then WOW!

rubbishcow

hey here's my short one as well..

It was 3+ years ago, my first day of work at my ex company. He was one of the 2 male having lunch with me and my first impression of him was just a "diao er lang dang" man. His first impression of me was a young poly grad. Both of us don't even think either of us were special at all.. After a few company gatherings, we started to go for movies alone. I realised that i liked him when i was at Austria missing my favourite Laksa, my family and him.

So... 1+ year after we met, we became a couple.
happy.gif
Solemnizing next year and AD few months after..

pinkglove

I laughed when I read what milo said.. but it's true.. e girls really tend to go into long descriptions.. lol..

Mine started off with puppy love cos me and my htb were sch mates and got tgt in sec 3 and tgt ever since, solemizing in 1.5yrs time =)

blingbride

Hi guys!! TS finally appears again! haha! Really glad you peepz threw in your words and experiences.. really puts a smile to my face reading and visualizing all your stories and romance.. We girls are indeed looonngg winded, mine I guess is super winded!
happy.gif
That's also a reason I guess we never let a guy off easily when something appears amiss.. cos we remember and keep track of all details that the slightest thing gone wrong is 'BOMB!' lol..

Anyways I liked that story of Janice's.. really like some drama/movie.. Wish you both a Happy Ever After just like the movies too!

The rest, keep on pouring your stories! It's great remembering back those times...

Hey hey,
I would like to contribute my short story as well..

My hb and I were classmates in Uni. I was really reserved in school, and we seldom spoke in class. But I was/ am strangly chatty over icq and so we chatted a lot online. One day, my desk top was infected with the " I love you" virus (a rather serious virus in those days). I was really upset that my comp "died". It was sweet of him to come and fix my computer on that very same day.

We got a little closer after that, but we didn't get attached until my desktop was once again infected by the same "I love you" virus a few weeks later and he came over to fix the comp again .

Hehehe.. that's a really corny story, but every bit of it is true!

To this day, he still wonders whether I planted the virus on purpose.

yuene

I met my hb in church, when we were both studying in the uni together. We chatted a lot over ICQ, and started studying together. Got together 4 months after we first met, he proposed 7 months after that, and we got married 3.5 years later, in July 2007.

Momo: lol... the good old days of ICQ.

sylphide, yap, the good old days of ICQ. Wonder why most people move over to msn these days.. sometimes i still miss the good old "oh-oh" and the "kock kock" sounds in ICQ. haha

Blissful, ya... can't believe pc viruses have their uses too. (but I need to emphasize that I didn't plant the virus on purpose..
happy.gif
)

miloice

ICQ isn't that long time back lah. At least you were not on XT 8086 or apple PCs playing pacman then.

The 1st computer I had used audio cassette tapes to load its software. Not even 5 1/4" floppy discs yet! The good old days of pirating PC game involves bringing floppy disc to PC shop to duplicate from the master discs.

mootie

haha.. pacman.. that's the classic one.

yea chris,guess no one will plant virus to their own pc to capture attention bah.. should plant it on ur "target" then u can go kaypoh and try to help. haha..

miloice

Talking about fixing PCs. Why is it that people tend to think guys are into the gal if they are helpful with the PC problems??

Milo - not for my case lah. Both of us were from electrical engineering. 9 out of 10 guy classmates could fix pc problems. So I certainly don't think all of them were interested in me when they helped out with my pc problems.

mootie

Milo: my hubby is a programmer (a very technical guy in all), then he must have like alot of gers already. hahaha...

wat's ur experience for this comment?

miloice

Bliss & momo, its not the guy wooing the gal but how others seem to be perceiving it. I have helped many friends thr the yrs with their PC problems. And sometimes, people are coming to tell me that I'm trying so hard to woo that gal. I was like "what the...?!?"

mootie

yesh, can understand. I'd say these ppl are superficial. most likely their PC is so branded and darn gd that it will never die on them. or those ppl around them are of the same sex whom they can ask help from. haha.. bimbo way of thinking but i do agree that these people do exist and there are alot of them.

maybe if it's in my case, i'd juz say tt: oh yah, i love him/her soooo much! why? jealous ar?

isshin

Hi Lya,

we actually made our story into cartoon clips as for our wedding. And I'm going to show it to my darling Baby Chloe when she grow up.

Hi Green,

Ha ha, he only as me if i know how to cook rice he didn't ask me if i know how to cook other dishes.

yar, he love home cooked food. Sometime I think he love food more than me. As he did mention that if i didn't know how to cook, he wouldn't had married me.

lovingyou

momo: ICQ is realli helpful in our times... my HB confessed his love over ICQ before we got together officially the next day...
happy.gif

miloice

i had no real success with online romance. Works better for me in person than online.

Instead of asking for my wife's mobile, stupid me asked for her email address and she had not broadband access. Ended up having to keep checking my mailbox. Till today, wife is still suaning me for that dumb move.

yuene

momo: Yeah, I used to have this animated shark icon, which I liked a lot (I know it's weird, but I feel sorry for it now that it's gone...) And the oh-oh sound was cute! Though it always alerted my parents to the fact that I wasn't exactly online to download my readings.

Milo: I guess online romance works depending on the people.. my husband the kind who is initially very reserved when it comes to new people, so he expressed himself better through an online written medium. For me, I'm fine with either.

ariebeth

Wow so surprised to see so many 'unconventional' ways that can bring a couple together lol

i met my fiance on an online game Neopets in 2003 while I was still in living in Perth and he was working in SG

Eventually, the in-game chatting led to long chats on MSN, voice chats on yahoo messenger and then I flew over to SG to meet him. That was the 'official' first day of our r/s, in 2004.

We then did the long-distance thing for 1.5 years, before I relocated to SG to be with him after I graduated.

Getting married next year
happy.gif