can't decide betw these following hotels:

Berjaya Times Sq - Latest new hotel

Istana Hotel - 5 mins walk from Bukit Bintant

Renaissance Hotel - 5 star hotel

any advise?

Thanks

folic

Hi,

I am not sure about your budget. If you are willing to spend $280RM per nite, I would recommend Westin. It is next to Marriot hotel and convenient location. It is brand new as well and the famous Westin heavenly beds are really good
happy.gif

folic

sakurasan

I stayed in Marriot hotel when I was in KL earlier this year. It is not too bad - plonked right in the middle of Bukit Bintang.

I recommend Mandarin Oriental if you hv the budget. It's very nice and just next to KLCC.

erowen

hi gals
i dun wan to spend too much, thus mandarin oriental and westin are out. i wanna spend more on shopping.

any advise on those 3 hotels i mentioned?

coven

hi erowen,
was told tat berjaya times sq is good. spacious rooms. and the location is very good as its so near bintang walk (the little orchard). and if u're game enough to try roadside food, can walk to the stretch of road tin its called in cantonese (keong seik kai) for the food. cheap, good and very nice.

and if i remember correctly, its easy to get to the china town from bintang walk also. KLCC is nice but price isnt tat attractive as bintang or other places.

i didnt try the 3 hotels u listed yet. usually i tried those like 3-4stars and those with a very presentable and comfortable feel to it. some hotels dont feel easy on ourselves.. i dont want to comment much but when u go there, u will know if u happen to see some.

oh ... i was told tat melia hotel just opposite berjaya times sq isnt too bad either. this one shld be good coz the guests are usually biz pple.

chris38

hi erowen
i stayed at istana during my last trip in kl. i think quite value for money bcoz the room beri big and even have separate bath, shower and toilet facilities. bt bintang easily accessed too. just walk down the road and you can see lot 1 liao.

angph38

heard from my colleague who stayed in Istana during his last trip that it's near to KLCC too.

he's booked Istana again for his coming Hari Raya trip
happy.gif

orchid

i stayed at Novotel Century Hotel. it was pretty good. nice rooms. and right at the shopping triangle - near lot 1 area.

if you want somewhere near sunway (subang area), stay at subang holiday villa. the rooms are huge!!

erowen

hmm, glad to know there are positive feedback on Istana.=). thanks everyone.

pls share with me if you have stayed at berjaya times sq, heard so much abt it. tks!!

tessy

my fren went to westin, newly opened. heard the beds are the heavenly ones.

i stayed at jw marriot and ritz b4. The former is next to a shopping center. VERY convenient. Ritz is smaller but i like the rooms and bed its huge. We squeezed 3 ppl into the bed and still had turning room.

alot of shops at berjaya times sq are not opened or rented out yet, according to my fren.

the other posh nice hotel is mandarin oriental right next to KLCC.

bubble_low

Hi,

I'm planning to stay at ritz carlton. How far is ritz to Lot10 ? Understand there's butler svc. Did anyone experience the butler drawn bath ?

Any good food to recommend near shopping areas? Thks.

millie

ritz carlton is actually within walking dist to lot 10 if u know the way. can take a cab too. very cheap. shld be less than 5 ringit.

didn't use the drawn bath service but i enjoyed their in room breakfast. the hotel is rather small and old (still very nice) but the service is fantastic.

food wise, there is a famous bak kut teah near ritz carlton but dun remember the name. will go check out. and i really love the claypot rice at chinatown.

kokopooh

Ritz carlton is very near lot 10 is bout 5mins walk dont' need to take cab.. & they have got very good service..

Don't stay in Hotel Istana, is the worse hotel i ever stay... very very bad sevice!!!

Cheers

sakurasan

Hi bubble

I stayed in JW Marriot before. It's got a good location but I find the rooms abit old and it smells whenever you return to the room. You've to wait for a while before the smell goes away after the air-con is activated.

bubble_low

ok, thks everyone for the info. I think i'll book ritz. Does ritz got any shuttle bus to chinatown ?

Pls let me know any good food nearby. Thks.

qoo_grapes

Hi,

I wanna to go to KL during the hari raya season.. My buget is S$80 per room, please recommend which hotel to choose. many thanks

muppy

hi

i just booked -> 80 bucks for return trip plus hotel (either radius which is near jln sultan, or ancasa near chinatown, the old impiana or something) good luck
happy.gif

zhane

Hi,

i always stay at Impiana..few minutes walk to bukit bintang,close to china town & convenient to reach the bus station for going back singapore.
happy.gif

bikergal2004

Istana Hotel - 5 mins walk from Bukit Bintant.

cos just beside mrt,is so convenice that u can take mono train to berjaya time sqaure,KLCC n etc..i think 1 night S$120-$150 if i am not wrong.cos that time ask before..i think is a 4-5 star hotel...

ying11

Hi Feifei,
I stayed at Istana, Mutiara, Marriot, Renaissance before, All hotels are 5 stars.

Marriot is in superb location. Bujit Bintang is just at doorstep but breakfast sucks

Istana is the cheapest among these hotels. Value for price.

If you are looking at Budget hotel, Istana would be good. Need to walk 8mins to Bukit Bintang.

But I like Renaissance hotel cos its a relaxing hotel and the pool is good. Me went KL to relax, not really for shopping. Hence, really like Renaissance.

axedmurderer

try fortuna hotel.. its quite cheap if ur just looking for a place to put ur stuffs and sleep.. i remember being able to check in at 7am..

mao_mao

ian matthews,

Tks...I booked the Royale Bintang hotel =)...Wonder if its good cos 1st time to KL...hee...but heard that its bery small...

Ying,
tks...Tink will try out Renaissance hotel for my next trip...=).

mysterious

Why? I stayed in Cititel at Mid Valley for about 2 weeks when I was sent to KL to work and I find it not bad. Mid Valley was near my KL office then. I quite like that place too as I normally shop there after work.

kimberly14

Hello everyone, i am going to Kuala Lumpur from Singapore. I might book a plane ticket instead of riding a 4 hours BUS ride. Now upon arrival what are the places that you can suggest. I will be there for 1 day only.

I would also like to try the BUNGEE JUMPING in Kuala Lumpur ( i heard they have it there, where is it located?). How much is the Bungee Jumping?

Im so excited to try the Bungee Jumping, i am really adventurous and i tried it before in Philippines.

Please reply. Thanks to you all!

candycandy001

kim> I think Bungee Jumping is at KL petronas twin tower (if I m not mistaken).

I stayed in Berjaya Times Square hotel last weekend, very 1st time experience and is great. The shopping center is the largest in Msia, and walking distance to golden triangle, sungei wang/BB plaza, lowyat plaza (IT mall), jln Alor for the grilled chicken wing etc. It is also located near to the monorail, very convenient. If you love gundam model/figuring, the Times sq is definately the shopping paradize. There is also indoor themepark and 3D cinema...