Hotel Jen Tanglin, Singapore by Shangri-La

gs1979

Hi Priscilla..thanks thanks!! Hermmm..how come smaller room no pillars instead?? I'm meeting up with thomson tomorrow to view the place as there is a wedding going on. By the way, hows the service and food?? U got pics to share??
Mind email [email protected]

whiteveil

my service and food at traders were v gd! never regret choosing them!
happy.gif

gs1979

Thanks Whiteveil!! Just met up wif thomson today!! My hubby and i felt so comfortable chatting wif him on the packages. Overall, we r pleased wif the discussion..most likely wil confirm wif him. Anyway, he gave a week to consider so i'm still in the deciding state!!

whiteveil

icic....gd gd! glad u like him too
happy.gif
have u visited other hotels besides Traders? maybe u can try Grand Plaza Park Royal too? their location is not bad....price quite similar to Traders and their ballroom can hold up to 350 guests. wat is ur estimated guest size?

gs1979

Me planning to have 30tables...i'm just abit worried as there r 2 pillars in the gallery room. And the wedding held yesterday was 21tables only so they have the cocktail reception inside. For me, Thomson mentioned that we wil have to do it in another function room.

whiteveil

the recommended no. of tables for Gallery is 22 tables of 12 pax( ard 264 guests right?). More than that views will be blocked by the pillar lor....

DrFang, u can call Thomson...he is the banquet sales manager
happy.gif

I had my wedding there in 5 Dec 04 and was served by him too
happy.gif

gs1979

Thanks whiteveil!! Hubby n i kinda like the place cos it seems more cozy than other hotels. SO how many tables did u have for your wedding?? Mine is max 30tables..thomson mentioned 29tables n 1reserved. But surely some of the guests wil be blocked and cant view. By the way, can put up a projector??

whiteveil

i only had 22 tables for my wedding....we din wan to invite more cos we dun wan the views to be blocked....seriously, if u thinking to have more tables.....dun think there is a need to pay extra to put a projector. not worth it since their views will be blocked

greengal

hi think they like changed to per table of 10 liao. i just requested their package, let me know if u want.

Gintonic>> did u sign up with traders?

sugarylily

Hi everyone,

need advice from you all especially those who had used Trader Hotel for their wedding. Noted that the march in is from door to the stage, this disallow our guests to hv a closer look at the Bride & Groom.

Any suggestions to do a march in where we can walk from the central so that everybody can see us without blocking the guest since there are 2 pillars? Hope to do this since the hotel don't provide red carpet.

whiteveil

HI Sugary_lily

there is only one door for march-in for the gallery ballroom. There are however, two doors for the smaller ballroom.

maybe u can discuss with the coordinator on suggestions for march-in? im sure there r other factors to consider besides this...

patali

Hi
right now searching for a venue for my AD banquet...does anyone has the wedding packages for 2006 weekends? thanx in advance
happy.gif

mountain9

Hi gals

I am tinking of choosing Traders for my wedding...However, it seems that Traders isnt a very popular choice and few pple have even heard of the hotel......
I went to take a look at the place 2 weeks ago and found it was alright.

Dunno about u guys...anyone went down to take a look? Heard any comments about Traders from ur frens?

oscarsem

Hi brides/groom who had banq at Traders ( esp those tables below 30),
can I take a peek at yr wedding banquet?
I am helping my sister to seek up nice
wedding banq.
Would greatly appreciate if u could email me the photos and experience at [email protected]
thanks

mountain9

Liz...who is ur coordinator?
Actually for me, I took that promo but they could give me 2 days bridal suite.... Hm...maybe urs is HOT date, so its difficult for them to give u lor... Also, for me, I signed with them quite sometime ago already....

mountain9

Jac and Bear Lover...

Have sent the package to u gals....Also, can ck Her World Brides for thier promo which ends in Oct...

mountain9

Hi Liz...

My coordinator is Thomson... If I am nt wrong, their occupancy rate is v high on weekdays but lower over weekends...Yup, probably some event going on cos most hotels are quite flexible with giving additional nite or day-use rm... Another hotel which I know dun gv additional nite is M Hotel...

Other perks....they gave me day-use room, 80% invitation cards, free corkage for first 40 bottles of wine, 25% parking coupons....

I had to negotiate quite hard for the free corkage for first 40 bottles of wine and the increase in parking coupons...at first he dun agree also...

When is ur AD?

bear_lover

Hi mountain9,

Thanks for sending me the package too ! Wow ! You really had a good bargain wif free corkage for list 40 bottles of wine. Can you advise usually how many bottles of wine is expected for about 30 tables ? Thought only required 30% of the total number of tables, now begin to worry !

mountain9

Hi Bearlover...

Well, it depends...From wat my frens told me, about 1-1.5 bottles per table should be enuff. But, it depends on the pple u r inviting...if they are the drinking sort, then got to cater more...Also, you need to consider ur parents' frens too and ur relatives....

So, not only must consider corkage, must also consider the cost involved in buying the wine!!

mountain9

Forgot to add...but if ur frens/relatvies dun drink so much wine but prefer bear or non-alcoholic drinks, then u dun need to worry liao...
happy.gif

mountain9

Hi Liz

So urs is the Temasek Room? At first I took the bigger room (is it call Gallery Rm?), but just before I signed, I saw Temasek Room and found it really lovely!! So I told my coordinator I wanna change and so I had to cut down on my no. of tables...Temasek Rm max is 19....

No la...I think u can still try to bargain. Since now additional nite stay hard to negotiate, then u should ask for more invitation cards...As for wine, maybe u can ask for say 25 to 30bottles? cos think for 15 tables should be enuff
happy.gif

BTW, I dont even have the free LCD projector!!! I have to bring my own
sad.gif

Dinner treat? I dun tink I have tat....mine has the anniversary dinner for 2 only....

BTW, u can go and view their rooms u know...jus ask ur coordinator, and she can bring u to view the bridal suite...
happy.gif

Wat other hotels u looking at?

mountain9

Hi Liz

Oh...u signed arleady ah! tats great!
happy.gif

Ya....if wine finish, jus ask the waiters to tell them no more wine liao...take beer....My frens also tinking of doing tat....hehe

Free LCD projector is good deal la
happy.gif
) I still have to tink of going to source for it myself ah...

Their bridal suite not fantastic la...but not too bad either
happy.gif
Jus tat the bathroom a bit small..

BTW, tat day when I saw the wedding setup at Temasek Room, it was Baby blue theme....customized for the couple one...very nice! I am tinking of using Baby blue theme for mine too
happy.gif

mountain9

Hey Liz...

Dunno leh....hope so lor...havent confirm my photographer also. see how la....

Well, the suite is not bad compared to Rendevous Hotel one. It is not tat big or romantic, but at least it looks nice....give me ur email add, I send some pics to u....
happy.gif

Yup, we can customize the deco, as long as it is within the budget. My cooridnator say that the deco is done by Stefiis, so we can discuss with them wat we want and if it is out of the budget, we need to top-up....Anyway, he say there may be new themes next year..