Hong Kong Hotels - which is good?

lingling2

Thomson Bride,
Initially we thot of booking Langham Place cos its at Mongkok, its a 5stars and frm the webbie, it looks sooo nice =)..

We intend to go on 12th to 18th Sept...Wow, same timing hor...

I still dun hv the pricing for this date yet lor...Managed to check out SA Tour the dates earlier as they only hv the prices up to 15th Sept only, quoting $1048,5D4N,Langham Place,by Cathay Pacific...

Which agency u checkout with ?Seems like yours more worth it leh...We intend to stay 2N at Disneyland lor...U going Disneyland?

LatteFan,
Well, guess it depends lor...Unless u travel by budget airline and book hotel online...

thomsonbride

ger2,

What a coincidence!
happy.gif

We have booked our tour liao...

But we paid $1280 instead. Agent said that there's an increase in the hotel rate.

We booked through Experience Tours.

We are gg to Disneyland but not staying there.
happy.gif

In fact I went there last year liao for my honeymoon. This time is to bring my mum there.
happy.gif

I suggest you to book earlier. I couldn't get the earliest flight which is 8am thus flying off at 10.15am instead.

So which hotel will you be staying then?

lingling2

Thomson Bride,
Ya lor...hee..

Where is this Experience Tours huh?DO u have their website?

Actually we waiting for SA Tour's package to come out for that period lor...

We tinking of staying in Majestic Hotel and also either 1N or 2N at Disney Hollywood hotel as my siblings love there =)...

So u will be flying off on 12th? hee..scarli we taking the same flight...heehee...

thomsonbride

Hi ger2,

Experience Tours is located at Pearl Centre, #02-14. Dun think they have website. Probably you can give them a call @ 62271665.

Heard from my sister that SA is having roadshow @ Millenia Walk this weekend. Maybe they have better deal for you?
happy.gif

Majestic Hotel? Perhaps you can share with me the hotel's standard after your trip?
happy.gif
Think Disneyland hotel looks great & cute; too bad i'm not staying there.

Yup. Scarli we take same flight...
happy.gif

lingling2

Thomson Bride,
Me booked my package frm SA Tour liao...Staying at Majestic Hotel...Envy you cos u staying at Langham, saw their rooms frm the webbie, soooo nice leh...hee

Me not flying by Cathay, will be flying by United Airlines cos $60 cheaper...=)..

As for wholesale, I am not so sure leh...Me also looking for wholesale place, factory outlets...hmm...Maybe u can try sham sui po...

thomsonbride

ger2,

dun envy me... bet you will have chance to stay there too. yah. the pic looks nice. hopefully the real thing looks nice too.

Shall we exchange feedback on the hotel after our trip?
happy.gif

When are you gg?

yah.. probably i'll go to sham shui po...

thanks!

lingling2

thomson Bride,
hee....Yup, we can exchange infor and hotel pics when we are back..

Me going frm 12th til 18th...U are going frm 12th to 17th hor? ;p...

mummykk

hi

i have a HK Pre-paid SIM card with balance value of abt HK$70+, think valid till oct'07.

very worth buying cos IDD calls to SIN is FREE, only charge local airtime. i only spend abt HK$20+ to call home during my 4days trip last month.

will consider any reasonable offer cos don't want to end up throwing it away.

cheers

kwc

I have stayed in Langham Place in 2005 during Chinese New Year, no regrets - nicest hotel stayed so far compared to many other hotels in other countries. rooms are average not that small but the view, interior of the room and bathroom and bed is fantastic. hotel lobby nothing much, plain and simple. best location and voted the no. 1 hotel among 146 hotels in HK by tripadvisor website - you can read all the reviews there. everyone who experienced their stay in Langham enjoyed their stay. a bit pricey but worth it when compared to other luxurious hotels. we are going again this X'mas and after sourcing for so many hotels in terms of money's worth and location couldnt find any suitable to our liking. located right in front of Mongkok Station, so convenient to go anywhere and you dont need to step out this location. everything is within reach. same level to hotel lobby, you will find many Asian eateries for breakfast, lunch and dinner - cheaper than eating at the hotel. within the same building hundreds of hi-class shops. opposite the road is the Ladies market. sleeping in a nice hotel room makes a world of difference esp. after a hectic day of shopping you want to have a blissful sleep. choice of hotel is important cos when you enter a hotel room you want to feel comfortable not eerie and cold feeling. had few experiences of having nightmares staying in cheap hotels, hearing noises and banging of hotel doors, makes you lose sleep. whoever booked Langham Place, enjoy your stay.

kng

hi, can anyone recommend me reasonable hotel in hongkong ? BP int'l hotel was my idea as heard some good feedback, any comments ?

s__h

Check out Novotel Citygate Hong Kong...

it is located in the centre of Tung Chung, only 5 minutes drive from the airport and 28 minutes from the city centre.

The hotel features 440 rooms, with four executive floors, 2 restaurants, a lobby bar, patisserie, outdoor swimming pool, 24-hour gymnasium and 7 meeting rooms for up to 300 delegates.

Close proximity to Hong Kong Disneyland, AsiaWorld Expo, Ngong Ping 360 Skyrail, Citygate Outlets and direct access to the MTR (subway).

can get this hotel at S$137.50 per room per night via a Accor hotel membership.

Details of this accor membership can be seen in
http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/4/436535.html?1192280554

kng

hi, i been recommend few hotels as follows
shamrock hotel
Largos hotel
any ideas about both hotel ?

jeanneloi

hi kng,

i lived in largos hotel b4. its near to jordan mtr... so quite convenient. but the room is small unless u dun mind. Coz for me, i'll spend moz of time outside doing shopping.

not sure abt shamrock hotel.

hv anyone lived at ibis north point hotel? if gg to kwoolon, will it be quite far?

kng

Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for your information, dont mind the room space as we are out most of the time and just need a accomodation to sleep. I hv book with them and leaving this coming 20th.

lawhouse

Hi Astrogirl, I will be staying at Ashley Apt this coming Sat. Got to know this Ascott Service Apt thru this thread. I booked directly from them for a superior room which can accomodate a family of 4 members. HKD1200 per nite.

jeanneloi

hi yuki (kng),
happy.gif
enjoy ur hk trip!
i'll be leaving in dec... had booked harbour view int'l hotel @ wanchai. not sure if its gd or not. anyway juz want to try different hotel.

hi astrogirl,
heard tat nathan hotel is not bad. not sure abt kimberly.

kng

hi everyone,
back from hongkong and the stay in Largos hotel is ok as requested near lift and low floor. room 204 which i stayed is clean and they clean the room daily w/o even asking. For 3 star hotel, they provide everything essential to bathroom slipper.Distant to Jordon mtr only 3 minutes and bus-stop for Airport airbus only 5 mins walk... as the taxi costs about S$70 from aiport to hotel, we chosen to take airbus that costs only S$7. I do enjoy shopping in HongKong Station and Tung chung Station whereby more upmarket clothing. Honestly nothing much i get at the night market except we dine more on japanese and korean food which is great. well...do drop me a note if more information i can help...

lili05

Hi yuki,

How's the weather now? I'm going in mid Dec. I wonder need to wear longjohn or not? Need to bring gloves & scarf along?

kng

Hi Lili,

weather really nice at this moment, cooling yet not that cold, around 21 degree. nice and sunny weather too, however mid dec will be cold, i been there during that period and bring some warm cloth.

noxy

Hi Yuki,

I just got back from HK and I stayed at Largos hotel too!!! But I found the hotel pretty run down and disappointing. But location to Jordan MTR was really close I must say. (think we book from the same travel agent :p)

Lili05, I don't think you need long john, gloves and scarfs. It's no longer as cold as what it was previously. Bring a jacket that can block the wind. Normally, it's the chilly winds that are horrible

bride2006

Hi yuki & noxy,

I will be going Hong Kong during end of Dec. Heard that they sell mostly winter wear now. Is that true? Do you know where can I get nice and cheap clothing (not winter wear)and cute baking moulds? Thanks.
happy.gif

kng

Hi 2006,
yes, when i was there during November and they already start selling winter wear. hey, if you are interested, do log in to JE551.COM as you can get really cheap cloth from hongkong, my several orders with them are rather ok, quality and design is acceptable as each piece costs min abt S$7. do go to this web and surf and if you are interested to join our orders if your order are not with their requirement, you may want to join me next round of order. you can get rather cheap garment at their wholesaler area (let me recall which mtr then adv you, right now cant remember).

kimono

Hi All,
I just came back from Hong Kong, I still have HKD3300 left, willing to sell at SGD620. Kindly PM me if you are interested. Meeting place shall be at North area.
Thanks

newly15

Dear all
I am going to HK at the end of Feb.. I book my airtix from jetstarasia and book the hotel separately.
What is the budget transport from airport to kowloon?
Pls advise

kng

hi brides, the cheapest transport are to take the airbus which i compare is cheaper than the mtr and direct to certain hotel in kowloon. happy holiday.

newly15

Hi yuki
thanks for your reply.
Can I check with you ard how much is the airbus? Where can I take the airbus?
thanks

nix77

Anyone stay at YMCA International before? Any Feedback?

Cos i will be staying here during my HK trip coming soon

mystic2451

Hi nix77 n forummers out there.. i m equally curious about ymca international house too. For those who have stayed in their newly renovated tower room, is the room spacious enough to accomodate 3 person? I am thinking of booking the room under the twin/double rates with 3 persons staying in the room... keke...

Besides ymca international house, I am thinking of metropark mongkok and stanford hotel too. Are the rooms enough to accomodate 3 persons if I were to book it under the twin/double rates??

Hope some kind souls out there can help. Thanks!

woo83fy

If u all can afford it, Langham Hotel is the best hotel in Hong Kong (location)imo. It is connected to the Mongkok MTR, Langham Place (huge mall) and all the famous night markets (ladies market/sport shoes market)

The hotel looks impressive on the outside too.

It is a great pity I didnt stay there during my visit last week.

sweetcorn

The hotel that is linked to Mongkok MTR is Langham Place Hotel. Langham Hotel is its sibling hotel located at Tsim Sha Tsui. They are two different hotels.

Yup...Langham Place Hotel is highly recommended. Location is great. Room with high-tech electronics. Marble bathroom. A wide range of pillows for selection as well.

aibokel

hi gals,
i'll be going in may. Looking for cheap and clean hotel/hostel (budget)hee.. any kind soul can give recommandation?