Honeymoon to West Coast USA (Departing after 14 Dec 08)

pinjie8275

Hi

Anyone planning to go West Coast USA after 14 Dec 08?

I have shortlisted Dynasty Travel. 12D10N package is about S$3800 plus all taxes.

Any info to share?

josfoo

hi
happy.gif

me n hb oso planning to go yr end but now my stubbon hb still insist to wait for natas ..
even though thr are alot of inhse fairs recently..

ermm.. can ask u something.. wat is the amt for the extra charges for school holidays?

pinjie8275

Hi josfoo

I have checked with several travel agencies liao. Chan Bro, Dynasty, SA tour, Hong Tai. Their prices are actually not any cheaper regardless of what credit cards promos are being advertised. Those are only for packages travel by Nov 08.

Natas won't be cheap too.. In fact, Chan Bro told me that their current inhouse promo (2nd pax at 20% off) would be much better than Natas Promo. And if during Natas, they offer cheaper packages, they will also give us the same promo.... I think Natas is just a fair where all agencies come under 1 roof...

Not really cheap and might not be able to secure flight seats for peak period liao... =(

chipydale

pin&jin8275, i've booked with Dynasty for this trip. I wana take the 21st Dec departure but no group formed till date, so i'm tentatively put on 14th dec.
I'm tryin to pool those who wana go on 21st to west usa so i can depart on tat date too ...

R u interested ??

pinjie8275

Hi Brenda

I have booked the 14 Dec one. I know currently there are 6 confirmed pax leh. Do consider the 14 Dec cos' return date will be 25 Dec. USA generally very quiet from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day hence there might be nothing unless u r in SF or LV.

Since the SQ return flight will stopover at Taipei, we intend to extend another 8 nights there.

chipydale

hi pin&jie8275 the date i booked is the 14th. was juz tinkin of changing .. and i tink we r in the same tour grp hehehe ... so qiao ...

i booked yesterday & there's 6pax liao ..

But i didn't know that the return flight transit in taipei leh ... cuz they told me was direct.

pinjie8275

Oic... U better check again... I understand from my agent that 7 and 14 Dec are more likely to confirm. (^_^)

My agent is Danial Wong from the HQ. Who is ur agent?

If we really in the same group then very good... hehehe... u on honeymoon too?

We can take cab together and go out explore during free time... Cut down cost when sharing and also less dangerous... Most importantly can help each other take couple photos.... hehehe... No more big head shots... =)

chipydale

my bookin is on 14th dec now. ok i shall not change my departure date since u mentioned that Christmas will be quiet.
My agent is Siew Hoon from HQ too ... i booked my pkg on Sunday ... And yes, i'm also on my honeymoon ...

Yeah man nw got khaki, we can take nicer couple shots liao and cut costs hehe .. but i'm not sure bout the transit leh ... shall check ...

pinjie8275

Hi Brenda

hehehe... So happy to find khakis. At least can expect more couple shots liao... My email/msn is [email protected]
And my multiply id is swee11. Please add me.

We must keep in contact and update each other if got any further info... hehehe...

Btw, when is ur wedding date? Mine is on the 12 Dec.

Hi WinTerLing, do share with us your experience when u are back ya... Add me too if u got multiply. (^_^)

chipydale

Hihi,
hav added u liao .... btw wat's ur name huh ??

Perhaps we can go shopping for some sweaters & stuff and discuss on our trips 1 day hehe ...

My wedding is actualli on 22 nov ... but wana hav a special 1st christmas tats y ...

And yes, WinTerLing, do share with us, so we'll be better prepared hehe ...

pinjie8275

Hi Brenda

My name is Serene... Yes we should do some shopping... hehehe...

Btw, I will still be going to Natas this Fri. There might be sales on cold wear too. (^_^)

chipydale

I doubt i'll be goin for the NATAS. But do let me know if there's any good offers ...

I'll email u my contact, i tink it's easier tat way ...

Btw wat will the temperature be at that time we go ??
And i checked with Dynasty, my transit is via Seoul and Back via Narita ... How come urs is via Taipei ???

pinjie8275

?? Funny leh... Danial Ong told me is Taipei leh... I will call them to check. If really Narita, I doubt I can extend so many days liao cos Japan too exp... =(

The period will be winter so average temp will be between 6 degree to 16 degree. Las V. and Grand Canyon will be the coldest places in our itinerary.

pinjie8275

Hi Brenda

Just called Dynasty. They said SQ just changed their flight schedule. From Oct onwards, transit from LA will be at Narita.

Hmmm... mixed feeling now eh... happy cos' I never been to Japan so dun mind extending. But a bit disappointed cos' I dun think I can extend so many days liao cos too expensive... =(

chipydale

Am tinking of extending in Japan too ... for perhaps 3days onli. Since we'll arrive on 24th. And 25th is a holiday and 26th, i'm still on leave ... so mayb can extend till 27th or 28th then come back ...

Will go do some calculations 1st and decide later ... hehe ...

pinjie8275

Hi Brenda

I think we will arrive on the 25th, right?
I thought of extending in Tokyo till 30 Dec if budget allows. In between can visit Osaka and Kyoto.

Otherwise, would probably extend 3days too so at least can visit Mt Fuji, etc. My bf was saying that we can visit the Disneyland cos' only got 4 Disneylands in the world mah. Meaning we visited 2 out of 4 disneyland in 2 weeks... hahaha....

I will be going Natas tmr to do some research on Japan. Will update u again ya. Probably we can extend together too... hehehe.... (^_^)

chipydale

Hi Serene,
I guess we'll arrive on 24th in Japan, as we'll onli arrive in Singapore on 25th 1am.

Unless u r not on this flight back ??

Do check it out thanks hehehe ....

pinjie8275

Hmmm

I think my travel agent really gave me lotsa wrong info. =(

When I was at Natas fair last Friday, I asked hin abt the transit issue, he still insist is Taiwan until I told him that my friend also signed up but her transit is in Narita. He then keep quiet and checked with his counterpart. After that he said is Narita. No apologies at all.

I also notice that the return date to Singapore is stated 26 Dec instead of 25 Dec. haiz... another mistake.

I will email him again for the flight details.

Thanks for highlighting to me ya!
I know my flight number is SQ11.

pinjie8275

Hi Brenda

I have submitted my request for extension le.
Checked from th SQ website, we will arrive in Narita on 24 Dec, evening. Still got time to count down... hehehe....

Do consider the extension then probably we can work out and share some itinerary. (^_^)

Most importantly is u need to put up request asap if u r interested cos' the nearer the date, the lesser chance of getting the approval.

pinjie8275

I Brenda

I read from 1 thread that someone went to the NATAS trave fair, free & easy package for the hotels & air fare then cheapest is $2200 include everything..is only 7D6N stay...

hmmm....

ham13

Dear All

Theme parks like disneyland and california adventure is open on 25th Dec. But if you are there to shop, the prices are cazy from 26th to 30th. I bought a dress for CK at factory outlet at US49, bags etc. Chocolates are 80% off at Target supermarkets.

chipydale

haha i guess instead we shld extend in US

Btw Serene, i called Dynasty today, they say they can't confirm when we'll reach Narita as flighs schedule can change under any circumstances ... so i also dunno .. and they said if we return to Singapore, it'll be on 26th liao .. early morning ..

Cuz i'll be back at work on Monday liao ... I'm also confused as to whether to extend anot ...

Wat's the US rate now huh ?? How much r u preparing to change ?

pinjie8275

hmmm? But I checked our flight details in SQ leh... If we leave LA on the 24 Dec, we will reach Singapore on the 25 Dec (past midnight). Impossible to be 26 Dec.

I think all agencies are like that de.. Before we sign up, anything they also can help and follow up. But once we paid the deposits, different attitude le... haiz...

I dunno leh... If LA is having great sales after Christmas, I dun mind extending in LA instead.... hehehe....

Hmmm.... if u guys got interests to extend in LA, probably we can share a rented car and venture further as in back to LV or further up LA. (^_^) My HTB said rental car per day is about USD$50.

USD is 1.37. I also not sure how much to bring and whether or not to chaneg now cos' rate rising quite fast. But some say will drop till 1.2 end of this year le...

pinjie8275

Hi Brenda

I called up to check le. haizz... Confirm that we depart LA on 24 Dec at 2.40pm and reach Singapore at 1.25am on 26 Dec.

Now the package price per pax is S$3388. $250 more than what we had paid! At least something for us to feel happy... hehehe...

Then also since 14 Dec 08 is the confirmed departure date, the agent told me that they are able to help us get the deviation approval earlier. She also recommended extending in Tokyo instead of LA.

Btw, who is ur agent?

chipydale

my agent is Siew Hoon, Wat bout urs ??

I doubt the rate will be comin down further as petrol is down, means US$ up ..

At least we bought our package cheaper ... total pax in the grp nw is 22 liao ...

US is bout 15hrs behind us, and Seoul / Narita is 1 hr ahead ...

So we'll arrive in Narita on the 25th

pinjie8275

Hi Brenda

My agent is Daniel. =)
Many are saying that the oil will go down for so long de... =(

Anyway, since we are not going F&E, the rates doesn't really affect us a lot.... (^_^)

Will be calling my agent up next week to check the status of my deviation.

zenith

hi gals,

i'm thinking of going west coast too. may i know for the pkg, is $3388 before taxes or including? still thinkin whether to go europe or us? extension in tokyo is veri tempting leh.

pinjie8275

If extend in Tokyo, can save airtickets, taxes and fuel surcharges... hehehe... (^_^)

My HTB said must take advantage of the currency now since so low... UK always high one so no difference when go...

zenith

hi all,

i've booked my pkg to west coast today at ctc fair. departing on the 20th nov. however i'm flying by northwest. decided to heed the agt's advice to save the additional $300/pax to spend in US instead. hope northwest is not too bad.... too used to taking SQ alreadi.... keeping my fingers crossed....

any idea how's the weather gonna be like in US then?

pinjie8275

Hi zen

u still have the option to choose ur airline to save $$... We have no option but to stick to SQ... I think NW not bad too...

West Coast will be quite cold from Nov to Jan, especially San francisco and Grand Canyon which temp. might be below 10 degree. For LA, the temp will be abt 16-18 degree....

I will probably be preparing cotton long john, trench coat, boots and warmer cos' i scare of cold... hehehe....

winterling

Hi pin&jie8275 and Brenda,

Sure will update you when i back.. hehehehe
How come both of ur stopover so different from mine?

My stopover is at HK.. So i will go HK after my USA tour trip...
happy.gif

pinjie8275

Hi winterling

When r u going har? Ur stopover at HK approved le har? Cos' I haven't get any clearance for my deviation from SQ/Dynasty yet...

HK quite good... less expensive... Taiwan would be best if I have a choice... (^_^)

winterling

Hi pin&jie8275

I am leaving on 28 Nov. Haven confirm le... Have to wait for the SQ to confirm.
sad.gif

Ya lor...less expensive.. hehehe...but pocket will burn one BIG hole... :D

zenith

hi pin&jie8275,

i really hope tat NW is ok... cos so many hours flight leh... there's a stop-over at narita if i'm not wrong. for an hour or so.... at least can walk abt for a short while... the good thing abt taking NW is we get to spend an extra night in san fran.
happy.gif
i'm so excited... can't wait for nov to come!

pinjie8275

Hihi...

Great news! My extension request at Tokyo has been approved hence I can start planning le... yipee!!! Now pocket really going to burn a big big hole... -_-!!!

Hi WinTerLing, have to give SQ or ur tavel agency some pressure de... Else they will take ages to reply u...

Hi zen
Dun worry lah... I believe the plane should be ok de since is long haul flight... Staying in SFO is good... Can chill out at Fisherman Wharf... But dun chill urself ya... Must bring more clothings... (^_^)

Btw, read from somewhere that the Narita airport recently finished makeover hence got lotsa things to see during ur transit...

winterling

Hi gals,

pin&jie.. so nice... your extension approved already... ooo my.... i am still waiting for my agent to call mi back le.... ur travel agency.. dynasty right..... eeeeee.... y u so fast?... hmmm.. maybe u are correct... i must pressure my tt agent liao....HAHAHA

But our transit only 1hr le... no time to shop there le....

zenith

pin&ji8275,

i'm sure u hv a great time in tokyo.
happy.gif
my hubby & i had a great time there! the food is YUMMY! come back SIN, u won't want to eat the jap food here. initially i wanted to extend in tokyo too but my travel agent said my luggage sure overweight frm US cos there's lots of shopping there. and i was thinking true.... i won't want to lug so many luggage ard.... esp. frm my last trip to japan.... i had a hard time lugging bk all the luggages, taking trains bk to the airport... haha!

winterling,
i'm not sure if it's a must to hv biometrics passport but my travel agt did ask. happen tat both our passports are biometrics so no prob.
happy.gif

pinjie8275

Hi winterling

My passport is not the new one but is consider as biometrics de leh... So my agent said can try lor... but my bf said just go change lah... hahahha....

The new passport very troublesome cos' got new number....

Hi zen

I am having a hard time planning my japan trip now... Any recommendation?

Wed, 24 Dec - Tokyo
Thurs, 25 Dec - Tokyo - Kyoto
Fri, 26 Dec - Kyoto
Sat, 27 Dec - Kyoto - Osaka
Sun, 28 Dec - Osaka
Mon, 29 Dec - Osaka - Hakone/Mt Fuji
Tue, 30 Dec - Hakone/Mt Fuji- Tokyo
Wed, 31 Dec - Tokyo (Disneysea)
Thur, 1 Jan - Tokyo

Pocket really burning a big big hole... Just accommodation alone for the above is already S$1.3K le... Haven't add in the transportation costs...

I very confused on the different type of trains they have... How to differentiate har? Is there any day pass for all the services?

*faintz*

winterling

pin&jie8275,

My agent oso said tt but i think is better to change to biometrics lor. One more thing, is your luggage with TSA lock? My friend said the USA officer will open the luggage and see one de...

Btw,When did dynasty confirm ur extension? They called u? I just called my dynasty agent. He keep telling me not to worry and based on his exp, mostly will confirm one... arghhhhhhhhh... Now i really very sian lor... Dunnoe when i will get my extension confirm? :-S

Already busy wif my wedding preparation liao... yet he is adding problem to mi.... :-S

zenith

hi gals,

my hubby's passport is also the old one wif his ic no. but his is biometrics. so i guess it shouldn't be a prob. the agt also din make a fuss abt it. so unless yours is going to expire, it's not necessary to change lah. i dun like my new passport cos it's a different no. as my ic. i changed was becos it's going to expire & i've added my married name to my new ic so at the same time make the amendments to my passport together.

pin&jie8275,
u extending so many days in japan ah? really envy leh. but i think u're sure going to burn a big hole. haha! i bought a lot of things in tokyo even though i just spent 5-6 days there. haha! ya accomodation is ex in japan. i onli stay in tokyo & spent 1 nite in hakone.
happy.gif
if u're travelling to tokyo, kyoto, osaka and hakone, i think u can get the JR ticket(not sure how many days) in SIN first so tat it's cheaper. i heard tis is for tourist & u can't buy this JR ticket in japan. we din buy cos we're onli in tokyo so buying per trip ticket is cheaper.

however i book a 2D1N pkg to hakone wif the bullet train ride in SIN. it's ex but it's worth it. we get to stay in a traditional japnese room tat was huge, a sumptious jap dinner served in our room, etc......

we like hakone. it's cooler there & i think it's known for it's onsen. we love to soak in the onsen. shiok!!! but at first not used to being naked in front of strangers. haha!

ya, there're many types of trains there by different companies. but dun worry, it's not tat difficult/confusing. just take a map on their different routes/trains. it's quite easy actually. cos the jap word is similar to chinese characters so it's still manageable. and the japanese are veri friendly & helpful.oh yes, they do hv day pass also. good if u're travelling to many places in 1 day. but their day pass also hv different kinds. some can use on certain trains onli. some can use for both types of trains. aiya, it's all due to the different companies operating the different trains......

oh, we went to disneyland also.... dun hv time to go disneysea. but tokyo disneyland is veri nice. veri magical. i heard it's more fairytale compared to the one we're going in our US pkg. (heard frm my hubby & fren) and 90% of the ppl in disneyland wore some kind of disney things- mickey ears, minnie ears, hair-band, tail, etc... veri cute! haha!

aiyo.... i love japan so much tat i've so much to say.... haha! almost forgot that this is supposed to be a USA west coast thread. hahahahha!

pinjie8275

Hi winterling, I know how u feel... just keep on pressuring them saying that u need to book ur hotel accomodation and programme in Japan le... Try calling them every 1-2 day... hahahaha... sya u need to apply leave in advance, etc... Sometimes is not the problem of SQ...

Hi zen, wow.... u make me feel so excited abt Japan again... Is Hakone really that nice? Cos we have planned 1 night in Hakone but now deciding whether to omit Hakone in our itnerary... Can share with me ur travel photos? Is signing up the land package with Sunrise/JTB really worth cos' they look so expensive to me...

I am now considering to just stay in Tokyo to save the hassle of moving ard...

*help help* Luckily I joined a guided tour for my USA trip... otherwise, i really dunno how to manage....

winterling

Hi pin&jie8275,

No point to tell them so many things one... they just dun understand one.... he still told mi that i have to wait till next mth then can get confirmation lor.

I checked the SQ flight schedule. For that timing, the flight already CONFIRMED yet my extension has not CONFIRM by the agency... I am so mad lor...

Till i have get my husband to deal with the agency. FINALLY CONFIRMED.....

But the return flight, timing veri bad... no choice la...

pinjie8275

The timing different from the original flight timing meh? Probably is peak period...

Cool down lah... Since the major issue confirm liao... U can start planning le... (^_^)

zenith

hi pin&jie8275,

hakone is different frm the city. i won't say it's veri veri nice but it's a nice change. we dun regret going there. i think spendin 1 day or 2d1nite there is good. at least u get to see natural things. the weather is also cooler there. plus the hot spring bath.... shiok!
happy.gif

ya, the sunrise tour seems EX. but tat time i was thinking since it's kind of like a short HM for us, i think may as well spend & try. it's a nice change & experience staying in a traditional jap inn. though it's a bit old, we enjoyed ourselves. the room is HUGE!!! hehe! photos still haven't upload yet. too busy wif work after wedding.

pinjie8275

Hi zen

Thanks for sharing! I have booked all my accommodation le... *phew*

Hakone's accommodation got 150%-200% surcharge from 28 Dec to 4 Jan hence I changed my itinerary to save the $$...

Wed, 24 Dec - Narita
Thurs, 25 Dec - Narita - Hakone
Fri, 26 Dec - Hakone - Kyoto
Sat, 27 Dec - Kyoto - Osaka
Sun, 28 Dec - Osaka
Mon, 29 Dec - Osaka - Tokyo
Tue, 30 Dec - Tokyo
Wed, 31 Dec - Tokyo (Disneysea) - Narita
Thur, 1 Jan - Narita - Singapore

Can tell me more abt the hot springs at Hakone? Is it very expensive? Very crowded? Must really be full naked har... so paiseh leh... -_-!!