Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

S

sp

Hi Happygal

I understand that the orchid is under renovation now and I believe it'll be very beautiful after reno. Do give a call to cecilia to view the new room then.
Don't worry, who's the consultant, i guess all consultants from HIPV are just as good. So far so good right ? as long as you are comfy with them, they advise and guide us through the wedding banquet.
Hi carol,
thanks for being with us and and sharing with us the same fears and nightmares that we are going through right now. I must agree that all the effort put in willbe worth while and when we look back in years to come, we'll smile.
Hi stars
busy with reno & wedding at the same time, how to cope ? do take care of your health you know. Try to dedicate some work to your hubby lah. If not, by the time, the wedding is here, you'll be pandan liao ! hehehe.
Take care gals & please keep the thread going !

SP

carol

Hi SP,
I'm really overwhelming when I see all my friends and love ones gave me lots of encouragment and help during my wedding preparations.
Now, our wedding is over,I really missed those days, they will always remain vividly in our minds...

looking back at our wedding journal that we kept, everthing item seems so valuable.

Cheers & Take care!
Carol
happy.gif

angel

I think I will have to agree with Carol...though I have not been there yet. Looking forward to it.

Happygal, I'll be using Crystal ballroom have not seen Orchid Ballroom before. Do check out the place (like wat SP say)

stars

Hi Carol, SP, Angel, Orchid and all

Ya I think busy with house and wedding at the same time is quite tedious. Justdoing some minor stuff. Have not planned for the day yet. SP, how about you? Our wedding very near to each other. Are you all still attending wedding dinner's of friends. I have a friend who invited me to her wedding this Sep. Not sure can go or not.

Actaully I have something on my mind. I have a collueague whose wedding is very near to me. I really feel that she got the best of everything. Her hotel is one of those very very class one and her bridal boutique also. It seems that everything of her also good. So sad, wait my colleagues will compare. I know is quite silly of me to have that thought. But I can't help. Ai yah, no choice lah. Thank you for listening to me.

stars

angel

Hi Stars

don't think this way...as long as u are happy with wat u have now. There is no end to comparing...let them say whatever they want
happy.gif

HIPV is oso not too bad
wink.gif

Anyway, expensive may not necessary be good (not sour grapes though). Just enjoy urself and be a happy and pretty bride. Cheer up okie...we are all behind u
happy.gif

orchid

hi stars,

there will be no end to compare. what's important is that YOU are happy.

i've got 3 wks to the big day. getting pretty excited. at the same time, i keep getting worried about things like: what if people don't turn up? or what if something screws up? that kind of thing. to keep our minds off the what ifs, i've decided to leave the details to my wedding planner (best friend), and think abt honeymoon.

carol

Hi Stars,
Don't worry, there are bound to be many comaparsion going on before the wedding, but whats' more important is that you're enjoying all of it & looking forward to your big day...

Like me, HIPV is great for us!
We received many good compliments! & although our bridal shop is not one of the famous & classy type, we're comfortable with it & the results are rewarding too!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

amy09

Hi Orchid & Stars,

Whow! So both ur wedding are near.....must be very excited.....I am just starting to search for hotels.

Saw HIPV package, quite good, now waiting for my hubby to come back from overseas so that we can meet up with Eugenia.

The other hotel that I am looking at is Marina Mandarin.

Any comments between the 2 hotels? Which is better?
happy.gif

lin

hi, i know their chopsticks-favour supplier. seen the chopsticks too. whaz the significance of chopsticks?

orchid

Hi Lin,

You need 2 chopsticks to make it work.
A marriage is 2 persons becoming one. One cannot live without the other.

S

sp

Hi Amy09

It's really a personal opinion on the hotels, can't say which hotel is better lor. It up to you to see & feel the place yourself.
Well, for one thing, I'm sure, the brides here are very happy so far with HIPV.

SP

carol

Hi Lin,
Chopstick in chinese is pronounced as "kuai zi"
which has the same meaning as 'fast son' - to have a son soon after marriage.

Another is that chopsticks always cmes in a pair.
In chinese: "Shuang Ahuang Dui Dui"

Cheers:
Carol
:0

stars

Hi Carol, Orchid and Angel and all

Thank you for your encouragement. I understand I shouldn't think that way. I know you girls are always behind me. : )

Recently very busy with work. What time you gals usully go to bed. From now till Nov is only about two months away. So busy with work. Not sure how to get enough rest. What do I need to prepare now since is only 2 months plus away? Are you all on special diet, special beauty regime?

Thank you

stars

carol

Hi Stars,
Nice to "see" you! I hope you'll be feeling ok now.

One month B4 my wedding, I usually go to bed t around 11pm...
2 weeks B4 the wedding, I go to bed eariler, 'cos I really need a lot of beauty sleep.

Take some time to rest, do not try to do everything by yourself, can try asking others to help.

No, I'm not on special diet, just going for facial & spa.

Cheers:
Carol
smile.gif

orchid

Hi stars,

2 mths away...

a. I try hard to stick to the "do not invite" list (esp. if they're from your mom or MIL). Also did up & sent out the wedding cards.

b. Been going for regular facial since a year before my wedidng. if you haven't been for a facial, time for you to go. Good to go even if you have good complexion. it will remove the dead skin cells & give your face a healthy glow. make up will go on better. also good way to relax.

c. Confirm with both sides the stuff they want for guo-da-li & the stuff that you'll need to order/prepare.

d. Start taking multi-vitamins to keep energy level up.

e. I sleep abt 12mn every night. I never have enough sleep!!!!! VERY tired and got eye bags. but no matter how early I sleep, I still very tired.

f. No dieting... naturally lose weight when i got my home - housework better than jogging, man. really tiring, and plus the running around. Anyway even if gain weight can alter dress.

g. Get the wedding committee people together - all who are helping u with the wedding day.

h. Help MIL & Mother & Bridesmaids etc... to get their attire & shoes done.

stars

Hi Orchid

Thank you for your list. It is really useful, so I know what I shall do now. How about yourself? How is everything?

Hi Carol

Thank you , I will try to sleep early also. How is life after marriage?

Hi SP

How about you? You seem to be very busy.

stars

S

sp

Hi stars

ya lor, very busy travelling... very sian. luckily, I have good friends to help me out except the fitting of the gown, hahaha...
stars, don't be disheartened by comparing with other people lah, i have a colleague that had her wedding at a 5-star hotel and paid like $800 plus per table but it was a disaster... sigh....
guest complained about the food & service..... but when she attended a wedding at HIPV early this year, she was impressed. She sure is looking forward to attend my forthcoming wedding.

hi carol
how's married life ? still in romance phase ?

take good care of yourselves, ladies
SP

orchid

1.5 weeks more and i'm very excited and very tired. heh... actually i can't wait for it to happen.

I find it very hard to concentrate at work now a days.... :p which is why i'm online at this hour when i'm supposed to be working ahahah..

carol

Hi Stars,
Life after marriage is very much in romance too!
There are lots of household work to do(you know I always cook) so lots of cleaning to be done in the kitchen, luckily my hubby helps a lot on that area.... So everything is well maintained.

Stars, rememeber not to over stress, drink more water & take care!

Hi SP,

Like what you've said, we are very much in romance pharse, every day is honeymoon for us, except we have to work...
We'll still find time to be with each other...

So how;s your preparations going on. Luckily you have friends to help you out.

Take care.

Cheers:
Carol
bounce.gif

amy

Hi, can anyone share with me your views on Holiday Inn Plaza View Hotel? Any pillars and how's the aisle : straight?

Thanks.

Regards,

Amy

orchid

Hi Amy,

There are 3 pillars in the ballroom - not that big. Most of the tbls would be in front of the pillars abt 3-5 tbls behind the pillar.

There's 2 types of setup.
1. long aisle setup - the stage at the end of the ball room, so the aisle is straight from the door to the ballroom.
2. short aisle setup - stage middle of left wall, so the aisle is straight then 90 degree left turn to the stage.

Less people are blocked if you use the short aisle.

You should make an appointment to view the ballroom when its setup. very nice.

stars

Hi Orhcid

You are willing now counting down to your wedding. So exciting.

Can I check with you gals something? When do we need to meet up with the wedding consultant to finalise everything? Do you all have any nice songs to recommend for march in. What is the theme that you all are having or already had?

Heehee so sorry so many questions. Me getting worry like the wedding date nearing. Scare forget to do anything.

Thank you
With love
stars

sancai

Hi Stars,

I will be meeting up with the wedding consultant 2 weeks before my wedding to finalise the details.
Songs wise me not too sure so cannot advise you as for theme? What do you mean? Can explain further?

Or you can drop them a mail to chk with them.
When is yr wedding?

Cheers!

orchid

Hi stars,

Ya, 5 more days!!!

I'm not meeting up with the wedding consultant at HIPV but I've been finalising the details over the phone & email.

stars

Hi Sancai

When is your wedding? Mine is two months away. Are you going for food tasting? Ir anyone of you going for food tasting?

Carol
Can I check with you ? DO you get to taste the food on that day? After the wedding , do they give you some of the food to taste?

Thank you

stars

carol

Hi Stars,
We did had a fanalise meet up with Eugenia before the wedding...

As for the songs, you can use something that love of you love or can ask them for recommendtions.

Oh, we did have a taste of the food that day, manage to finish the 1st and 2nd course & als some other dishes...

As for those dishes that we missed, Kelvin, the banquet manager that request the kitchen to save it for us & bring up to our suite after the wedding.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

carol

Hi Sancai,
Gald to "see" you here...
So how your preparations going on?

Oh, BTW, have you received the link to my actual day wedding photos?
There seems to be a slight problem eariler on, 'cos there are too many viewer.

Do let me know if you've received it.

Hi Orchid, So, 4 days left to yr big day!
Must be very excited!

Good Luck & stay pretty for your big day!

8770.jpg

Cheers:
Carol

S

sp

Hi Orchid,
Wow, so excited for you, 3 more days to you big day. Take care of your health & have plenty of beauty sleep.

Hi stars
You sound so stressed ?! Take it easy, just let us know if you need any advise, I'm sure all the HIPV brides will help you. You can also appraoch your wedding consultant for help lor. As for music, HIPV has a good selection. I got Eugenia to email the song list to me, more than 100 songs to choose ! She has compiled quite a few CDs of nice romantic songs for march in & dinner. The songs that I wanted were in the list, so no need to worry now, they have the songs too, I just need to let Eugenia know which song to play for the march in & champagne pouring.
Are you going for food tasting ? I'm not going as I've tasted the wonderful food before. Do le your wedding consultant know early, so she can arrange for you.

By the way, Eugenia is on MC, poor girl, me very pai-seh to disturb her yesterday, wanted to arrange to meet up with her to collect the wedding cards & discuss on the table arrangement. I think I'll take the long aisle, more romantic lor. I hope she will get well soon, she musy be very busy & don't have enough rest. I'm one of the culprit to keep disturbing her on small things, but she's very fast & prompt on her email replies. She's so patient and always very accommodating lor. Sometimes I wonder where she find so much time to take care of us & she remembers her couples well too. Maybe I trouble her too much until she knows me at the back of her head... hehehehe....

Hi angel,
How are you ? still busy with your house reno ? Your wedding next year , right ?
Have plenty of time to prepare. But all you know, within a flash your big day is here. Me signed up with HIPV last year Sep and thot have plenty of time, but now, me only left 2 months to go, so fast......

Hi carol
So envy ! your hubby so nice to help you in the cooking. I did ask Eugenia about you & your wedding. She commented that you are one of the very understanding couple and friend, & your wedding photos are very beautiful ( agree totally with her). She didn't have to worry about you as you are always so well prepared and everything went on smoothly as you have given her ample time & details on what you want for your wedding. I guess, we have to do our homework and to minimise on last minute changes, this not only stress ourselves but also the wedding consultant. I hope I can provide all the info that the hotel needs well before hand to ensure a smooth wedding....

Take care gals
SP

pooh

Hi Carol,
can i look at your wedding photos? May i know which bridal shop did u sign with?

Hi SP,
although my wedding is next yr mid but i already decide to take the long aisle also. I will be having sword barriers so long aisle look nicer.

Take care dun eat too heaty food and have some beatuy sleep. Take care..

Hi Orchid,
Rest more and prepare to be a pretty bride.

sancai

Hi Carol,

Yup receieved liao ... thanks for the effect ...
Must be very buz with so many ppl requesting to see your photos, is nice & pretty so must let ppl see! Will be giving out cakes to relatives this Sat & finalise all hotel details with the wedding consultant 2 wks b4 wedding.

Hi Stars,
My wedding is on 4th Oct ... 3 wks left(now kan jeong liao). Are you the same stars in CC posting? If you want food tasting can let them know 2 wks earlier. Me not going cos my coll just held her wedding in Jun this yr so taste b4!

Hi Orchid,
2 days more! Now must get plenty of rest and relax to be a pretty bride!

carol

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Hi SP</FONT>
When it comes to our wedding, we did put in a lot of effort in planning &amp; carried out all the plans, but not forgetting to let those who help us in the process enjoy our wedding mood &amp; feel happy too.

All we have to do is relax &amp; enjoy that most special day in our lives...

Eugenia is indeed a very wonderful wedding consultant, she's more like a friend to me! So now, even after my weding, we still keep in contact with E-mails &amp; calls....

I'm sure your wedding will be just as wonderful as you want it to be....

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Hi Pooh</FONT>
Do you mind post your E-mail again....

<FONT COLOR="119911">Hi Sancai</FONT>
<FONT SIZE="+1">Thanks for your compliments!</FONT>

Do take care of yourself while busy preparing....
I'm sure you will be another beautiful bride.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

enid

Hi Carol,

I've also rec'd ur wedding photos. Thks and both of u look good and happy!

Can anyone give suggestion on cakes for gua da li ?

carol

Hi enid,
<FONT SIZE="+1">Thanks for your compliments!</FONT>

For my Guo Da Li, we gave traditional wedding pastries to older relatives &amp; boxes of chocolates other relatives.

<U>Suggestions for Guo Da Li cakes:</U>

- Choz Confectionery
www.chozconfectionery.com

- Yiling Confectionery
(specialies in wedding cakes packakes)
www.yilingcakes.com.sg

- Bakery Pte Ltd
24 Senoko Crescent Tel: 7550300

- Sweet Secrets Pastry Shop

- Polar cakes

- Prima Deli

- Bengawan Solo

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

wow... you're really counting down for me! haha... just had our rehearsal last nite. went pretty well. somehow i feel alot more relaxed now than last week. still sorting out 2-3 persons for the seating plan. Hopefully everything will turn out great.

I still can't believe i'm getting married!!! so surreal!

stars

Hi Orchid

Congratulations! Stay pretty and smile on that day. By the way you mean you have our rehearsal at HIPV?

Hi Sancai

I am the stars in the CC posting. Your wedding in 3 weeks time. Hee hee it seem that we are counting down for many of u. So excting.
I wonder how are all of your complexion. Me not that good. Thank you for some of your advice, I will try to see how it go. I have only 2 months left. Not sure still can or not.
So you taste the food b4, how is it? I guess maybe I am also not going for food tasting.

Hi SP

You outstation again? Have you sent out the invitation?
By the way any one of you here having more than 35 tables fr your wedding?

Hi carol
So nice to see to you here though your wedding is over.We need your advice.
happy.gif

stars

carol

Hi Pooh,
Ok... I've sent already!!!
happy.gif

Hi Orchid,
Yes, time really files, as is remember you forwarded the file on making HOng Bao Box, &amp; here you are getting married tomorrow!

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Here's wishing a wonderful marriage &amp; have a great wedding!</FONT>

Hi Stars,
It's ok lah... I'm so attached to SB forum already that I'll still visit it even after wedding...

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

sancai

Hi Stars,

Hehe ... so me guess correctly huh ...
HIPV had gd food so not to worry so much ...
Complexion wise me so-so .... still the same but try not to go under the sun too much liao ... start taking care of yr finger &amp; toes nails ...
Guess wat??? One of my finger nails juz broke!
***Sob-Sob***

Hi Carol,
Yup agreed with Stars, with you around we can seek yr advice.

Next will be Orchid ... guess u won't log in today but wishing u a happy wedding!

carol

Hi Pooh,
<FONT SIZE="+1">Thanks so much for your compliments!</FONT>

I've signed up with Easac bridal Studio.

Hi Sancai,
I've sent you the link to my wedding pics, so happy viewing!

I'm not really good at giving advice, just sharing my views and experiences, &amp; hope that's useful!

8908.jpg

Cheers:
Carol
kiss.gif

pooh

Hi Carol,
just get to know from the forum that my bridal shop no good. I am so worried now cos i have already paid half of the price and i cant back out due to budget constraint. Now i dunno wat to do.
sad.gif

stars

Hi Pooh

Don't be too upset. Are you very sure that they are not good as sometimes, it may not be true. I am not sure we signed up the same one. I can't remember I have seen you in that posting. Initially I was also very disappointed when I read from this posting about my bridal shop that I have signed up. But later after dealing with them they are alright.
Have you tried out their services?

Hi Sancai
My nails are very weak recently. Maybe long that is why. I seldom keep long nails. I find it hard to maintain. For wedding seek I have to do so. I have broken my nails more than once.
You started to go for manicure? I heard brides go spa. How I wish I can go. Me too busy. No time

Hi Carol

Your picture of that little couple so sweet.
Where you got it from
regards
stars

pooh

Hi Stars,
may i know which bridal shop did u sign with?
Mine is Universal bridal studio in Toa payoh.

I have already have a session with them during my ROM. The makeup artist not bad just that it a bit thick lor. I will inform her on that.

Now just worried abt my photo.

sancai

Hi Stars,

Been once to try out the french manicure but can't really last ... mine start to crack the next day oso dunno y ...

Me too wan 2 go spa b4 wedding but dun want too ex as well ... scared they ask me 2 sign up with them den kena hook!

Ladies, got any idea of a good &amp; cheap spa?

Pooh, dun worry since you already signed up ...
is up to indiviual ... juz inform them u prefer light makeup ... dun worry too much &amp; stay relax!

stars

Hi Pooh

Mine is CC. You can go to the posting to see their list. So far they are okay.
Have you seen their photos before. You get to know any brides in the posting for your studio? You can try to know more from them and get to know who are the better photographer and make up artisite and also who are the better sales person to go. That is what I did.

Hi Sancai

Me also looking for cheap spa. Heehee Sorry I forgot when your wedding again. Lazy to look back. Can tell me again?

thanks

stars

carol

Hi Pooh,
Guess, you shouldn't worry too much... 'cos different people have different views of beauty..
So long you are comforatable with them... SHould be alright..

How's their sevices so far?

Hi Stars,
My hubby downloaded for me.
'cos I love them!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

pooh

Hi Stars and Carol,
till now i still quite ok with their service. I have a fren colleague also sign out with them. He did advice not to go to get one of the photographer (David). So others will be ok.