Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

lost_in_space

Hi serenity..
all my guests commented that they ate very full on my wedding day.. the pipa duck the meat is a bit tough one.. cos duck is like tat one.. but pipa duck.. mainly eat the skin one.. many guests like the skin.. those don't know how to eat.. will confirm say meat is tough one.. we took the chicken in our cold dish.. so took the pipa duck.. the shark fin is very good.. fin very big.. and the yam paste.. elders will love it.. :D as for the fish.. sock hook is a better choice.. quite big..

gracelourdes

thks gals for the replies! just wanted to check for my gf who's planning her wedding in 2010
happy.gif

lost_in_space

eh... can eat the meat lah.. but what i mean is normally ppl (who know how to eat pipa duck) will taste the skin rather than the meat.. as for packet back ah.. i never pack.. :D i only ask for our portion to be sent back to room.. :D

until now my FIL still commenting that our dinner is very good.. everything very smooth and very grand.. haha

serenity27

I cant wait for my wedding to come! For the first time, I can feel like a queen! hee... hopefully mine will be as smooth-running too.

Lost, do u have any pics of the dinner to show?

xiao_lambie

hi,

just had my wedding.

things went went smoothly at the 1st half of the wedding. My coordinator was efficient and rendered excellent service before and after the wedding.

However, after the champage popping, there was a power failure for a while before the mic and sound system were working again.

Then, the service staffs on the ground were not well-trained and were clumpsy. Plates were knocked off the side tables and fell broken on the floor (2 occasions in a night). My guests were all shocked.
A glass of red wine was spilled accidentally on the table.

The food was not as good as the food tasting.

Though the hotel did apologise and compensate us, the damage done and the embarrassment are still there. Now, we have to apologise to the 2 tables of guests whom were affected.

xiao_lambie

it's of no fault of my coordinator.

mainly, it's the banquet and operation's fault as the banquet and operation manager are solely in charge of the dinner that night.

so am still very upset about it.

sillyqueen

Hi everyone,

I am interested in HIPV as my wedding venue in 2010.
Wonder if anyone would be kind enough to share with me wat their pkg is like for those holding it in late 2009?

blurry_ting

Hi everyone,

I have signed up with HIPV for my wedding next yr on June. My theme which i chose is Crystal Theme, simple and elegant.
I have attend my hubby's sis wedding at the same place. I love their ballroom cos it is quite english style althou is abit old. The march in is long enough for you to show off your gown and the cocktail area is big enough to accommodate many guests. Their food is nice and their package are really attractive.
As for their service, my coordinator is really good and very helpful to lighten our burden by giving me suggestions to solve my queries. For the staff's service during dinner time, i will rate them as 6.5/10
Quick sign up if your are interested, they are going to renovate the hotel next yr, so the rate will definitely increase.

Hope my review will helps you!

sooch

i had my wedding in october. one of my guests found a rubber band in the noodles - asked HIPV to investigate but heard nothing from them since.

the bridal suite is kinda old and i see stains on the couch etc. but i know they will be renovating their bridal suite next year.

the other thing was we were supposed to check in at 2pm but the room wasn't ready till 3pm. We were quite beat but had to wait and ended up rushing to get ready for the banquet.

On the bright side, coordinator has been very good. And no complaints on the food.

I was a bit disappointed that for the 2nd half of the banquet, my CDROM didn't work and they ended up playing all the cheesy boyband music instead of the oldies/jazz i painstakingly chose. sigh. but no biggie.

Location is good for the price so we managed to cover the wedding expenses and then some more. tats important too i guess.

sillyqueen

hi christine, thx for the info~!they r renovating the place?i'm gonna hold my wedding in 2010 so not sure if they will allow me to book now or early nxt yr...the price is a factor as well...not sure if they will allow me to lock the current price now...
the coordinator's feedback seems to be good...can anyone share with me her name?

hi lynn, they found a rubber band in the noodles~!!!
did they compensate u or anything?

serenity27

Oh no! after hearing all these... now I am getting worried.... cos my wedding is in 3 weeks time. I think i better let my coordinator know abt my concerns....

xiao_lambie

just my 2 cents worth...

informing and keeping the coordinator in the loop is important.However, the most important factor still lies in the banquet and operations department.

Before the wedding, i too had informed my coordinator of my requirement on the banquet food and service. My coordinator had also passed my request to the banquet and operations department.
However, not everything turned out nicely as requested / planned at the wedding dinner.

As such, i think it's important to stress to the managers in charge of your wedding to avoid any unhappiness.

I only get to know the managers in charge of the my wedding dinner a day before (only when i called to enquire).

fairybride

Hi xiao lambie

Can I check who is your banquet manager in charge? My dinner is next weekend and now getting kind of nervous with all these feedbacks...

maudrey

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread and considering to include HIPV to my shortlist of venues for my late 2011 wedding. Can anyone share their package wit me? Also would appreciate feedback on the perks - decor, favours. Thanks.

sillyqueen

oh my....now i having 2nd thots...

but i really like this choice...haiz...
need to depend on HTB ler....

How r their perks like?R they flexible with their perks?

ahsren

Wah!

This is indeed not good news for BTBs (eg: me) who are having the AD dinner @ HIPV... hmmm..hope they can rectify the issues internally and have things sorted out man..

lost_in_space

Hi gals,
hmm.. I just had my wedding last mth.. everything went well smoothly~ we even got 1 free room upgrade from standard room to bridal suite.. so total 2 night in the bridal suite..
happy.gif
and the staffs remembered us and greeted us by name
happy.gif

so far, didn't get complaints from relatives and friends.. they all ate too full and.. one friend can't go to bed because she had too much food..
happy.gif

the music co-ordinater by the hotel was very good.. played the music and the videoclip correctly and timely~~ we requested for the chef dance and everyone laughed and enjoyed themselves..

so gals.. i think don't worry too much..
happy.gif
cheers

lost_in_space

i changed the day room to a normal night stay in a standard..
so 1st night we stayed in the bridal suite.. supposed to change to the normal room on the 2nd night.. but went to the front desk.. he said they upgraded free for us.. :D

sockie

Hi all,

I have 1 carton (12 bottles)of Cornerstone Classic French Red Wine 2007 left after my wedding. They are kept in gd conditions after my wedding to maintain the quality of the wine. Are letting go urgently.

Do contact me at [email protected] if you are keen for the wine.

blurry_ting

Hi sillyqueen,

Sorry for the late reply!

If your wedding is on 2010, i think the price mostly likely will be much higher.

I think you should go down to have a look and feel of the ballroom and you will have an answer whether to take up or not.

I like old English style, so it will looks old for the furnish. But after all, the ceiling is consider one of the highest among the rest of the hotel.

I can't rem my coordinator's name, but she's a Indian & position is under Business Development, Mgr.

sillyqueen

Hi blurry_ting,

thx for the reply..really hope they dun increase till too high.

Hi nicokin,

May I know if ur reservation for HIPV for 2010 is for the early part of the year or later part?
Coz my htb and I are gonna hold ours in the later part of year 2010. Are they open for reservations already? How is the price like?

nicokin

Hi Silly queen,

Mine is early part of 2010. I think the package for end 2010 not out yet. Maybe you will have to ask the coordinator when will it be out.

I see the trend of the rate, i think it will increase lei. like early part of 2009 is 818SGD the end 2009 is 888SGD etc. Usually, think hotel will increase 50-100SGD like that.
But maybe market now not good, can get a bargain..

sillyqueen

i certainly hope so...
since every single hotel prices are like escalating sky high....
plus the economy turning from bad to worst...
I dun think I am prepared to spurge too much on my wedding....
Job security is another issue to consider too...
so gloomy...

nicokin

Hi Silly queen,

Ya. That is what i think also. That is why i take some time to choose before confirming Holiday Inn. As this is one of the mid range hotel and it will be undergoing renovation.

Since your date is end 2010, can take abit of your time to do some research first.

But previously when i start sourcing for hotels, the rate for 2010 is not out yet. many of the hotels mentioned that it will only be out by 2009.

work based on your budget bah. low budget also can have a perfect wedding (quoted from my boyfriend)

sillyqueen

Hi nicokin,

we shortlisted HIPV as it is the mid-range hotel too...Who's ur coordinator is he/she good?

when are they gonna renovate?wonder if it will affect if I wanna book AD for last qtr of 2010...

nicokin

My coordinator is Krystal. So far so good la.
as for renovation, i heard is july to sep 2009. (somewhere end of 2009, cannot really remember aso) so if after that, the room will be available.

But not sure how extensive will be the renovation. Now the hotel still look abit old la, hopefully, got the new look after the renovation.

jackjames

the experience is very good... simply love it ..
a key note, you must go with free flow of beer .. 1 barrel of beer cost you $729.

sillyqueen

omg~! tat's ex.

i'm trying to arrange to go down to take a look...
anyone's coordinator name's florence?

wonder if she's nice and flexible in terms of perks and prices etc...

lost_in_space

sillyqueen, we also opted for the free flow of beer.. and took in 60 bottles of red wines.. waiver of corkage charges.. by my co-ordinator.. hehe... finished abt 33 bottles for 29 tables..
happy.gif

sillyqueen

hi lost....

so who's ur coordinator?
i will definitely opt for FOC beer...
wine not so sure...mayb at least 1 per table...
hmm... how's ur experience there?

baosy_87

Dear all,

For those who haven sign package with HIPV or HIA, can go for BOWS 2009 at merrchant loop, 9-11 jan. THey are giving very good perks and pricing!! 2010 package is also out

Hi All,

I just signed up with HIPV at BOWS2009 today. Initially, we didn't reli shortlist HIPV.. n only plan to look c look c oni.. but ended up we made the Big decision n signed up there..
my coord is Krystal. She is indeed a v nice lady. v excited about it thou my wedding is still far far away..
Perks there are reli good too.. Those who r still plannin may reli wish to consider the place..
happy.gif

Anyway, just like to check with the brides who had their wedding if you manage to get a 2nd nite stay at the bridal suite? cos we tried to ask for it but failed. even when we tried for a 2nd nite stay in deluxe room they also dowana give..
also will they reli prepare your portion of the food n send to ur room? i asked krystal but she mentioned that they already given us $80 nett credit hence we could jus order room service.. but i reli wanted to try the food too (since we nt opting for food tasting)..
any brides can advise? Thank you!
happy.gif

eugenia

Hi,

I'm thinking of holding my wedding in HIPV as well. Can i check with those who have held their wedding there or attended weddings there, how is the service of the banquet staff?

Read some negative comments so abit worried. Is there 1 staff assigned to each table to portion each dish?

Another concern is the sound system. Read from feedback that there was power failure. Did it happen to anyone else?

And lastly, regarding the renovation at the hotel, anyone knows when will their bridal suite be renovated?

To Cloud: Did you manage to get any other additional perks other than the ones stated for the BOWS2009 event?

lost_in_space

Hi cloud, we managed to get another night stay at the bridal suite.. we changed the day co-ordinator room to another standard room nightstay.. but when we were supposed to change the bridal suite to the normal room.. my co-ordinator changed and upgraded for us.. so we continued to stay at the bridal suite.. :D