Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

angel

Me too...I will be in Punggol
happy.gif

S

sp

Hi gals !
sori for not being around for quite some.. out station lor... sigh .... just got back last night, very tired.
so happy, we got new brides joining us, a big big welcome to cartel, sancai, annemelody, hipvisthechoice & did i miss out anyone ? sori if i did hor ?
time really flies and now carol's wedding is over liao, so fast !
how come she never come back and tell us her fairy tale wedding ? still honeymooning ?
let's wait patiently for her.
hi stars & angel, thanks for being around to keep this thread alive. thanks
SP

carol

Hi SP, Stars, Angel, Sancai & all other HIPV Brides,

Thanks for all the well wishes.
We're just back from our honeymoon.... We have a great time there.

Time really files, & thinking back, I really missed the days when I'm busy with my photo shooting, choosing my wedding gown, writing invitation cards till the late nights & so much more.
All those will be treasured memories for us that will will remember for life.

My wedding day was full of joy, laughter and tears of joy.

The day was started off with so much laughter, really love the part when my "jiemei" Sabo my hubby.... I just can't stop laughing when I saw the video after that....
biggrin.gif

Everything went on very smoothly when my hubby started to drop tears of joy when he offer tea to my parents....
He was too touched.....

The wedding banquet alone was a big challenge, 'cos before the wedding, I kept dreaming of me stepping on my long train and fell while marching in.... Luckily all those didn't happen.
Thanks to the staffs of HIPV, they warmth and helpfulness really make feel relaxed and able to march in with great confidence....

Hey, gals, got lots more to share, but got to go now...
will be back tomorrow.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

C

cartel

Hi Carol,

So happy u're back now!! Must tell us more tomorrow and anything happen on yr dinner that Holiday Inn can further improve?
Must give us some tips! C ya gals!!!

orchid

Hi gals,

been really busy with the invites... all done just rushing to give out before the ghosts eat up the cards. hahaha.... find it rather rediculous.

i'm so glad my invites are done. and i've been getting very good comments about the cards, so got sense of achievement.

Stars,
i gave out abt 175 HIPV cards and another 200 church only cards. Altogether we invited like 500 people for the church!!!! i still cannot believe it. heh... but i think only at the most 300 will turn up. wedding invites only sent to 290 people, expecting 270 to turn up.

Did any of you see the chopsticks that they're now giving as favors? i've only seen it in softcopy. not sure if they are OK - look rather plain leh... but at least the guests have something to bring home. what do you think?

stars

Hi Carol

Welcome back. So great to hear from you. How is your honeymoon? where did you go?

Hi SP

Wow so long never hear from. You are really busy. Can I ask you something? Your wedding day is also in Nov? Is it mid or beginning?
Have you printed your cards?

Hi Orchid

You are back too. Did not hear from you for quite sometimes.
Hi gals

Can I check with you all? ANyone of you have used the projector? Is it possible to do it at HIPV? Can put screen?
Thank you

stars

E

excited bride

Hi Carol,

Are you the wonderful lady who gave me advice on my flower bouquet??!! If so, can i take a look at yr wedding photos so that i can put a face to the name 'Carol'?? ....my email is [email protected] Thanks!

S

sp

Hi carol

Welcome back, so nice to hear from you. Wow, your wedding was a fairy tale event ? care to share more, please ......

Stars
sori, very busy lately and yep my wedding is in the beginning of the month, very good guess.
Have not collected my cards yet, most likely after the 7th month. have you done your cards already ? I think you can put a screen on the stage or the side of the stage, but if you are having many many tables like 35, some tables will be blocked lor. It also depends on whether you are taking the long or short aisle, long aisle more blockage lor, short aisle less lor.
I have cut down my guest list to about 30 tables. I have decided not to invite some friends which I have not seen in ages.... If not, I have more than 40 tables liao....
Just remember the max is 40 tables !
SP

orchid

Hi Excited Bride,

so have you decided on your photographer?

Hi SP,

i thought max was 30 tbls? can those behind see since it's lower ceiling and there's the pillars.

carol

Hi Cartel,
So sorry I didn't log on to SB the last few days.
Been busy settle down after the wedding, & writing Thank You Cards for helpers and friends, & looking at photos too!

Woh! The staffs at HIPV are really fantastic! They are really very helpful and organise. Kelin(the banquet manager) came up to our bridal suite in the afternoon to brief us on the last minutes details:

March In songs.
Wine
Any special meal arrangement
Albums & portrait for display
No. of outfit to change into

They really let us feel that they are always around to help us anytime during the banquet without having us to look for them.
Kelvin will always be around us throughout the cocktail reception and banquet.

At first having worried that I might not have time to change into my 4 outfits, but Kelvin was really good, he was able to work out a comfortable timing for us, so I could display my 4pcs of gown and not having to worry that the guests might have waited a donkey years for that.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi Carol

You are back. So glad to see you. Wow you change into 4 outfit for your wedding dinner. Can check with you? Is it very tedious and what is the timing like? You have so many outfits?

Thank you

stars

carol

Hi Stars,
Yap, I've 4 outfits for the wedding banquet.
1. Tea dress for the cocktail reception.
2. Wedding Gown for ist March In & Cake cutting ceremony.
3. Evening Gown for the 2nd march In & chamgagne pouring ceremony.
4. Kwa to sent the guest home.

Actually, I don't intend to have so many outfits 'cos if the timing is not properly organise, it can be very tedious.
However, my hubby feel that it will be a waste, as all the oufit really look very nice.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

carol

Hi Orchid,
My guests have the chopsticks as wedding favors.
After the wedding, they call us to thnank us for been so thoughtful & they love it very much!

The chopsticks come in packing tied with a small flower comes with different colour & a tag attached with the wording chinese wording:"shuang Shuang Dui Dui"
(A pair)

Cheers:
Carol
smile.gif

carol

Hi Excited Bride,
Thanks for your compliments!
hahaha... Me no expert lah.

Ok, will sent you the link to my wedding pics.

happy viewing!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

carol

Hi Stars,
We went to Gold Coast & Sdney for honeymoon...

No, we didn't use the projector.

Hi Enid,
The guests have good comments on the food, no cold food.
All my family members also love the food served.

Cheers:
Carol

carol

Hi Anna,
Sorry, I've not finished uploading my actual day wedding pics.
I will send it to you once they are ready.

Cheers:
Carol
rofl.gif

pooh

Hi All,
long time didnt post liao. Cos dunno wat he say as my wedding is next yr June so still very far. At the moment just busy with my hse reno.

Hi Carol,
glad to heard everything went smoothly..

S

sp

Hi carol

so nice to hear good comments on the food & service. I can really really rest assured that everything will turn out fine too for my wedding.
So far, the feedback is great on food & service, so HIPV brides, don't have to worry so much liao, just concentrate on other wedding preparations or house reno.. etc..
please do stay around to advise us, OK ? We do need experienced advise.

hi girls,
anyone out there going for food tasting ? I thought of not having the food tasting as the feedback is generally good for the serving & quality.

SP

carol

Hi Stars,
Sure, will share with you, when it's done.

Hi Pool,
Thanks!

So have you decided on your bridal pkg?

Hi SP,
Please be rest assured that everything will turn out fine on yr wedding... Remember we have a very good wedding consultant - Eugenia!
Sure, I'll still be around in this forum!

Cheers & take care!
Carol
happy.gif

stars

HI SP

I am not sure whether to go for food tasting or not. Must pay half price for that rite? Still thinking.

How about the rest?

Carol, thank you. Are you still going to the thead cooking recipes. It seem to have die off. Heehee I still need advice on cooking leh help.:p

Orchid , you very busy? Did not hear from you.

Take care
girls

stars

pooh

Hi Carol,
i have sign my bridal package with Universal Bridal Studio. Now more involved in my hse reno. Going to choose my gowns in Nov but till now still no idea of wat design i wan.

Hi SP,
i dun think i wan to go for the food tasting.

angel

Hi Ladies

I'll be arranging to go for the food tasting in oct...now deciding on wat dish to choose. Any advise???

yenni

Hi angel

I'm a ex-HIPV bride.. if i don remember wrongly they'r only 6 crs for food tasting...for my case, we go w/o the cold dish & dessert as the 'main dish'always starts from 2nd dish to 7th dish. Also not to worry abt the food.. i must say its fantestic! relatives & friends have very good feedback on the embiance & food.

juz speaking from experience, hope it helps.

carol

Hi Stars,
Sure, will be back to the cooking thread to share more recipes.....
Have you try out any of the recipes there?

Hi Pooh,
Take your time to choose the design you want, more imporatnt is that you'll feel comforatble in it....

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

S

sp

Hi Carol

You are right, we have a wonderful wedding consultant, Eugenia. What are your dishes you have chosen for your dinner ? Can share ?

Hi Angel
My package comes with free food tasting 6-course if I have 30 tables. Very lazy to go for food tasting, as I know the food will be good.Wonder if I can exchange this benefit for something else......
SP

sancai

Hi all HIPV brides,

Anybody knows can we request for complimentary food tasting if we have 30 tables(confirmed) for weekday package.

angel

Mine comes with 50% off for one table (full course) and we won a S$150.00 voucher from the bridal show so we intend to use it for the food tasting.

crystal

Hi Angel,

I'm also an HIPV bride to be. Can I ask you whether you've checked that the voucher from the bridal show can be used for food tasting ?
I've also won a $150 voucher from the bridal show.
Thanks.

crystal

Hi Angel,

My coordinator is Jasmine. I saw so many good comments on Eugenia. Wandering if anybody has experienced Jasmine as their coordinator.

carol

Hi Angel, Crystal, Sancai,SP, stars, orchid & all other HIPV brides,
How's everyone going on....
I'm sure many of you would be very busy with all the wedding preparations...

Good Luck & take care while busy preparing!

Cheer:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi Carol

Thank you. Ya now quite busy. Busy with reno and wedding. but I have really started to plan for the actual day. Sometimes still find the guest list is a big headache

stars

orchid

Hi,

Ya, very busy! just settled the dresses & shoes for my mom, MIL, sister (maid of honor) and cousin (bridesmaid). suddenly like they don't know how to do things for themselves. sigh... but that's done now so i'm very relieved. :p

Also settled the stuff to get for guo-da-li. and we got our wedding rings.
happy.gif

then also settling the time-table for the day. oh, i managed to get a string quartet for my wedding ceremony!!!! I'm really happy that we got them. *SMILE* My church's string emsemble couldn't play for us cos they were packed. then i got to know a string quartet while coordinating my friend's wedding in early Aug. so managed to get them to play for me as well. YEY!

Next week will be calling up everyone for RSVP. i've sent out the wedding cards 3 wks ago but i only abt 15 actually called me.

happygal

halo HIVP brides!

anyone liase with Cecilia beside Eugenia n Jasmine?

anyone booking the orchid room?

Halo angel! hehe...
happy.gif

angel

Hi Ladies

Carol, so happy to hear from u but I have been sick since last week
sad.gif
Just like Stars, I have been busy with wedding, guest list, etc.

Hihi Happygal
happy.gif

peng

Hi Happygal,

I just have my wedding last 2 months..and my coordinator is cecilia. I think she's good, very thoughtful and sweet lady. You saw her before?

As for the ballroom, I'm using crystal ballroom, so no comment abt orchid ballroom.

carol

Hi Stars,
Glad to hear from you! So you're the usually busy!
Busy is a good thing too, as least after your wedding, you will always remember the time & effort you have put in.
You are right, the guest list is a real headache, just take your time to compromise.

Hi Orchid,
Woh, looks like you've setteled most of the things!
Don't worry, the rest will start calling you, don't be surprise that some might even call you on your wedding eve... That's what happened to me... but at least they are there at the wedding.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif