Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

jackjames

jinnie1982, if you want to compare everything, there is never ending..

well, just give a summary of my wedding held last Saturday at Orchid ballroom, i have 19 tables.. i start my wedding dinner on time at 8 pm ! amazing... all the guests are impressed... and ended early too... i believe that's what everybody wants..

guess what, the last five dishes will be put into a bento set and delivered to your bridal suit.. which is junior executive room, heee... it was SGD 398 room lei... to be hoenst, the duck is quite "hard".. but all my colleague said, the duck is the best dish... I am like .... err.... they said the duck meat is so tender and the skin is so good with sauce.. ha ha.. I believe, every dishes at different table are not quite the same lei... but overall, they all love the foods.. just one week before my wedding.. we have company dinner and dance at Marina mandarin, which supposed to be SGD 900++, but we are claimed the food sucks big time, and can't even compared to holiday inn..

all in all, you guys made a wise choice to choose holiday inn, it worth money for sure.. i sign up 19 tables, rebate 1 table, and rebate another 1 table because I don't go for food tasting, i know it is a waste of time one la.. so, i waived SGD 788 x 2 !

okay, a very good advice you MUST listen to me... please keep the free flow of beer in your package, do not change it... 1 barrel of beer cost SGD 730... so, do not change it... your guest will order beer for sure.. and 1 barrel should be enough... we consumed 24 red wines only... left 16 bottles..

i still got many good ideas to share... ask me anything you want... but again, i just love holiday inn ...~
oh yeah, the red packet breakeven my dinner cost, i still left SGD 5,100, heeeee... extra money for honeymoon..

jackjames

anyone want to find me for wedding planner.. i can be the one, but only restricted to holiday inn parkview wedding dinner la ha ha... can contact me at [email protected] ... oh yeah, my holiday inn photos would be uploaded to my homepage 2 weeks later.. show u guys my klang wedding photos 3 weeks ago.... http://jackjames.multiply.com/photos enjoy !

i am just too free now.. every burdens just off..

oh yeah, you need any service like photographer, wedding video making, and the makeup especially.... i have damn good make up lady, fannie... her skill is really good... i am not sure the cost she is giving you.. but we pay SGD 515 for bride, her mum, my mum, my sister and 1 emcee..

p/s: the klang make up one are so so ( done by someone else at Klang) ... so, maybe u have to wait until 2 weeks later to see the real make up from fannie at my homepage

dot1980

Hi James. Glad that u enjoyed ur wedding at Holiday Inn. I am also holding my wedding at orchid room.
1) May I know who is ur coordinator.
2) Do you meet ur coordinator before the wedding for finalisation?
3)For the 1st dish presentation, did u have to choose ur own music? Heheh for 19 tables, do you find it cramp?
4) Is the march in super short?
5) Do u need to choose the colour of the rose for crystal theme? Do u know what coour they have?
6) Did u have one screen or 2 screen for ur montage? Any of ur guests were unable to see the montage?
hahah Im excited coz it seems like Im lost for the time duno is it becoz im too excited for my wedding. suddenly I just feel so lost wat to do. Im excited to see ur pics
happy.gif

elisawang

Hi James, I am also planning to have 19 tables. Was yours 19+1 reserve or 18+1 reserve? My co-ordinator said that there'll be some blockage if there are 20 tables. How was yours? We are taking their wine (still deciding)and buying another carton.

jackjames

thanks for many emails... and offer.. just took up 1 offer for couple who is having wedding dinner at orchid ballroom in dec 2008 to be the wedding coordinator.. I think I am willing to be one if and only if the wedding dinner is held in Orchird or Crystal ballroom...

so, i can't answer all the question here, basically, need not to worry too much, the orchid ballroom will be nice.. the best to ease your minds is to drop by the place like 6 pm to see how others wedding will look like...

for mine, July 26, 2008... the photos were updated !!! heeee.... here it goes.. http://jackjames.multiply.com/photos/album/204/July_26th_2008_Singapore_Wedding_at_Holiday_Inn_Parkview

i think to be fair to others... i will use the same rate as the first couple offer.. heee... details, email me.. but of course i must be free on your requested date..

jackjames

of course not, just that the couple in december 08 requested me to be in their wedding dinner to coordinate ! errr.... i never did it before, but i guess it should be the same as what my wedding coordinator did in my wedding last week, i think i should know the flow at holiday inn clearly..

by the way, i think this small "job" is meaningful to see the happiest moment of the couple.. of course they also give some tokens of appreciation, then, why not... ha ha..

jackjames

1) May I know who is ur coordinator.
Vasanthi, on the actual day is Chris, he is the banquet manager.

2) Do you meet ur coordinator before the wedding for finalisation?

of course yes. to run though the whole program flow.

3)For the 1st dish presentation, did u have to choose ur own music? Heheh for 19 tables, do you find it cramp?

no, i let them use their shakira song, your guest will love the presentation, at least , my guest all laugh until......... nope, 19 tables just fine. i still can walk around for yam sheng!

4) Is the march in super short?
for my case, yeah, super short, but we walk super slow, ha ha..

5) Do u need to choose the colour of the rose for crystal theme? Do u know what coour they have?

they have different table cloths, and for the chair, and the flower you can choose colours too... you shall meet up with ur coordinator for last confirmation , usually, is 1 week before the actual day.

6) Did u have one screen or 2 screen for ur montage? Any of ur guests were unable to see the montage?

1 screen, yes, 2 tables will be blocked by the pillars, u can't do much about it..

hahah Im excited coz it seems like Im lost for the time duno is it becoz im too excited for my wedding. suddenly I just feel so lost wat to do. Im excited to see ur pics

enjoy the photos.

kaeko

Hi James,i guessed you are impressed by the service given by Holiday Inn Parkview. On your wedding, any other wedding besides yours? How come you unable to rent another projector screen?I was able to rent it from Krystal for the second projector screen free.(She is very nice).

I feel a bit cramp for my ballroom because i invited 31 tables and 2 reserve tables and make up of 33 tables then my walking space like very narrow.Haha aniwae can add me to your multiply. =)Mine: http://unforgettablewedding.multiply.com

kaeko

Hi ruachgall,Crystal ballroom got pillars but high ceiling which i like it because i don like ballroom looked like function room.=)

jackjames

christina, just viewed your album... sweet photos you have ..

actually, i don't even cross in my minds that I need 2 projectors, I have 19 tables.. i think the place is just nice... i would say small and cosy, ha ha..

ruachgall, there are two pillars at orchid ballroom, 2-3 tables will be blocked.

chrisop

Hi littlecutefish,

You will not believe this... I was there on your wedding day too! I was there for the buffet dinner and that was my first time in HIPV... when I went to the washroom, I saw you in your purple evening gown. Hehe the reason why I remembered was because I wore that exact same gown for my own wedding 10 months ago. Coincidence?!

Was helping my friend to look for a wedding venue when I chanced upon your post here. So it's another coincidence... small world.
happy.gif

chrisop

Oops... paiseh... it is another bride on a different day then! Hahaha can't remember which day in July I was there but thought it was something around mid-July. ;) Anyway that bride was definitely from Sophia. Hehe thought you are the one... but wrong date. =P

jackjames

hi christina, they provide me a room for Church Holy Matrimony... ROM done before . but some people do it during the holy matriony ... so, yes, its a room near orchid ballroom at HIPV

jackjames

hi christina, they provide me a room for Church Holy Matrimony... ROM done before . but some people do it during the holy matriony ... so, yes, its a room near orchid ballroom at HIPV

kaeko

Hi James,so how's married life?Actually I ROM for two years before customary so nothing much changes to me besides sleeping together now.LOL...

pink_rose

Hi everyone,
does anyone have the soft copy for the table layout(with table numbers) at Crystal Ballroom? I'm planning my guest list and would like to know the table no., I just checked the set of documents they gave us together wif the contract, but couldn't find the layout.
Thank u so much!!!

jackjames

you shall get yours from your holiday inn banquet manager.
Christina, nothing changed, just that someone is sleeping next to you, ha ha..
anyway, we are going to Bangkok next month sep 26 for 5 days... tigerairways got $5.99 airfares, haha..

pink_rose

Hey thanks J@n!ce,
my email is [email protected]
Actually later I called my coordinator and she said nearer to the date, she will issue me the table no. layout after knowing how many confirmed tables I have.
But I think I will need it now, as more or less, my guest list is being finalised.
thanks gal!

All: Did u use their wedding song list for 1st and 2nd march in? or select ur own songs?

erushi

hi

can we make an appt with the hotel just to visit the ballroom & discuss more abt the package without confirming the banquet?

pink_rose

Christina> haha...thanks thanks gal!

all> Does HIPV provide ang pao box at the reception table? If not, I will go and buy soon.

sooch

hi erushi, of coz u can. good to have a date in mind to see if the hotel's available also.

HIPV does have a simple AP box, i just checked recently, just tell your coordinator ahead so they can prepare it.

sooch

well, i know they are available for loan, but just to be on the kiasu side, I've indicated that I'll need the AP box since I was checking if they provide in the first place, not sure if they provide by default....

kaeko

xiao lambie>You will feel regret of using their ang pow box?LOL...Make your own better~Their everything very good except their ang pow box looked like charity box...LOL....

krystal80

actually guys, doing up ur own ABB is quite simple...even if u get others to do for u, it's not really tt ex and some really do look quite nice =)

sooch

eeks, really? My coordinator sent me a pic of their ring pillow and it was quite nice, but they didnt have a pic of their ABB. I did think of bringing some items to dress it up instead of getting my own...will see how...

lilacbliss07

i saw their ABB le.. really eeks and look like charity box in the 70s.. i tin dressing it up does not help to make it nicer... really have to get ur own ABB le...

livialw

Went to viewed HIPV on Sat.What i want to say is thumbs up for Vansanthi.She is very friendly and kind to work with.She will talk to you like a friend.Her service is exellence.

erushi

livia, did u take up the package on the spot or still searching? I wonder can we block the date without paying deposit?

sooch

Hey, anyone here had their banquet recently? I know HIPV undergoing renovation and carpark lots are affected - can the brides pls share problems that cropped up? I'm very worried that my guests will complain abt the parking...

sooch

thanks littlecutefish

i wrote in to my coordinator who said upgrading for the carpark is completed - thank goodness!

im_24

Hi! Any idea if the hotel lobby area will go under renovation? Cause not nice if the lobby is going thru reno then the period falls during any of our wedding....will be having my wedding in May next year

xiao_lambie

met up with my coordinator just week.

She mentioned that the carpark has finished the reno. Currently, the rooms are refurnishing.

She also not sure when the lobby will be doing the reno. Maybe, have to check with your coordinator on the overall reno progress plan. (best if can get the reno project gantt chart).