Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

carol

Hi all HIPV brides,
How's everyone's doing?

I've been very busy during the weekend, confirming actual day events details & scanning all my wedding photos....
Woh.... really tiring job, but finally all done.
But still enjoying very part of it.

Looking forward to hear from all & all the best in the wedding preparations.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi gals

How are you all? Long time never hear from all of you? I guess you must be busy preparing for your wedding, esp Carol.. Your wedding day is approaching. So exciting!
How about you SP,Orchid and angel?

Regards
stars

carol

Hi Stars,
I'm fine, just busy with all the important details before the wedding... I'm getting excited and nervous as I've 21 days left to my big day....

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

angel

hi Stars

sorry for the late reply...have been busy with work and will be getting the keys to our new house on next friday.

orchid

HI ladies..

Just got back from Sydney!!! great holiday! attended my friend's wedding there - i was a bridesmaid. they had such a nice simple wedding. only 70 guests and the place was nice and cozy, everyone knew everyone. so unlike our big wedding dinners. sigh...

btw, my whole invitation-making thing is now at a stand still. computer crashed last week!!! sigh.. supposed to send out the invitations in 2 wks. then it's still being repaired now.

stars

Hi Orchid

So your computer ok already. Wow you went Sydney all the way to attend your friend's wedding. Your hub went too? So where you intend to go for your honeymoon?

Hi SP

Nvr hear from you for sometimes. How are you? Have you started to print your card? Me still not yet leh. When then print huh?

Hi Carol

Thinking good rest now huh. Take care ok. I still see you quite often at the cooing thead. I really love that. I learn a lot of tips from there.

Hi angel

Wow congrats. You getting your key? Where your house? I also applied for the WIS last week. How long did you wait b4 collecting keys?

Thanx gals

regards
stars

orchid

Hi stars,

Yerps, and my friend's coming over for our wedding!

Computer still servicing.
sad.gif
i should get it back next week. or else it'll be too late.

carol

Hi Stars,
Thanks....
Dispite been very busy, I'll still log on to share my joy and cooking tiops with all...

Just seen, my wedding pics been put up on the cover of SB... It's really a good surprise for my hubby.
As the days gets nearer, I'm getting more nervous and excited too!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

carol

Hi Stars,
You would have already seen me and my hubby whenever you log on to SB....
I'm on the cover...
When my hubby saw it, he was so happy.....

Yap, I've sent you the link... do check your mail box.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

angel

Hi Carol

so that's u...I must say u look good
happy.gif
Can u send me the link too??? My email addy is [email protected] Thanks

Hi Stars

Mine is in Punngol...very excited
happy.gif
Actually we waited for abt a year before selection (i think it's pretty fast as compared to my other friends). The keys were ready for collection last year but we deferred till now.

Hi Orchid

I do hope ur PC get 'well real' soon and don't worry too much okie???

S

sp

Dear Carol

been mia for quite some time already, been busy with work, *sigh* ! you must be very excited now, still few more days to your big big day. I must say, you looked so sweet on the SB cover.

Hi stars
How's your wedding card design coming along ? I have not collected my cards yet, most likely in August or early Sept, Eugenia says it's OK as long as i think i have enough time to print, send out and get the RSVP.....

Hi angel
your new house in punggol! will be a very nice area next time, maybe another 3 years' time ? Have you started any reno yet ?

Hi orchid
PC down ?!!!! Argh, this is the worst thing that can happen if you are a net surfer ..... For me, i can't live without my Handphone, it's my life line, sometimes, my hubby complains that it's more important than him, hmmmmm, sounds quite truth. hehehehe.

SP

carol

Hi SP,
Thanks for taking time to post here, & also thank you for your compliments!
Yes, I'm tied up with all the last minute details, luckily I've Eugenia to help me out, she's really great.

Hey, SP, if you wouls like to view the rest of my wedding photos, you can leave me your E-mail & I'll send the link to you...

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

C

cartel

new.gif
Hi all HIPV brides,

Good news
lol.gif
as Holiday Inn now have a new item to give away to guests instead of chocolates. They are giving a pair of chopsticks in a nice packing tied with a small flower comes with different colour but we can't choose the colour will be mixture in the sense that each table one colour.
All together there are 5 diff flower col.

Guess will be choosing chopsicks cos it quite unique as compare to chocolates. Sorry for being so loso ...
blush.gif

Gals, have you printed your wedding cards? Me just collected yesterday but still not yet decide to use T-dragon or Hi Tec(AMK). Decided to use Hotstamping and total of 200 cards to print.
Any advise to give me?
wink.gif

orchid

Hi Cartel,
Do you know if we can have half chopsticks and half chocolates? i.e. on a table setting, 5 will be chopsticks and 5 chocolates.

I printed the inserts on my own - used really nice paper. so turned out looking good. It's a great way to save money if you have time. the down side is... your operations are halted when the computer dies (like what happened to me).

Carol,
i got back my computer day before yesterday. took leave yesterday to pring & cut the inserts. hehe... i think now got back ache. *L*

carol

Hi Cartel,
Thanks for sharing the good news... In fact I've received a confirmation from Eugenia that my guests will be receiving Chopsticks on my wedding next week...
Chopsticks are more meaningful...

I've mine printed by Hi-tech.

Hi Orchid,
So, you must be busy printing your inserts now.

Cheers:
Carol

angel

Thanks Cartel for sharing that wonderful piece of info
happy.gif

Hi Ladies, we have collected the keys on friday and went to our new house on both fri and sat. It is really great to have a place of our own. I am still very thrilled
happy.gif

C

cartel

Hi Ladies,

You're welcome cos we are HIPV brides!

Orchid,
So sorry me not to sure whether we can have half-half perhaps you can chk with the hotels.
But quite risky taking half-half provided yr guest won't mind taking chocalates if they wan chopsticks.(u get wat I mean?)
**Wow** you really can print on your own, must hv lots of patient ... me no patient and lazy kind so pass to Printing co. better ...
blush.gif

Carol,
Must be bery excited hor now counting the days! How muchie you print yr cards at Hi Tech?
Do you used Hot stamping as well?
smile.gif

stars

Hi all

So glad to see so many of you here again. Welcome back SP. How are you? You designing your card?
Cartel,
when is your wedding? Do let me know about the price too when you find out, ok? Thank you. I am looking for printer too. Usually how long they take to print? Is hotstamping meant directly printing on the card?

Hi Carol

Wow is nearer? YOu must be real excited.
I must say you really look so great.

Hi Angel
Can I ask you which blk you staying? Me actaully chose Punggol also 172 but the flat not ready. Still building.

Hi Orchid
So glad your PC ready. You really have the patience to print your cards.

Take care
all
stars

C

cartel

Hi Stars,
My wedding will be on 4th Oct.
Hotstamping means directly print on the card itself. Will let you know the prices most likely will be going down this sat to print my cards ...

You know lah ... parents "pantant" so hv to get everything ready b4 7th mth ....

Cheers,
Cartel

orchid

Hi Cartel,

Ya, will call Cecilia and ask her.

It's OK lah.. more variety. I attended a wedding at Shangri-La, and they gave half a pouch of potpourri and half 1 box of chocolates. thought it was quite nice. then those who don't want chocolates can exchange the potpourri with those who wants their chocolates.

ya... printing inserts myself. *g* i'm still surviving lah. tonight need to assemble the cards.

carol

Hi Cartel,
Sorry for the late reply, I'll be a bride tomorrow, time really files...

For my invitation, we print it on inserts.
And tied it with organza ribbon.

Hi Stars,
Thanks for the compliments!

In fact, I'm so excited right now, think of my march-in and so on....

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

C

cartel

Hi Stars,

Me went down 2 T-dragon 2day 2 get my cards printed. They charged $80 4 mould(meaning artwork of both chinese & english wordings) & $0.40/pc so eg, if print 200 cards wil b $160.

Hope this info helps(but this is 4 basic & if u wan pix & couples names printed on cover - additional costs)

lol.gif

stars

Hi Cartel

Thank you for the info. I am still considering which one to take. To print insert is always cheaper rite?

Hi Carol

How 's your wedding? Really excited to hear from you? When you going for honeymoon?

Stars

angel

Hi ladies

i have just selected my gowns...very excited. I will be going for the trial makeup in sep 02 and the photo shoot in early oct 02
happy.gif

Hi Cartel,
is that the standard price for the printing???

stars

Hi Cartel
My wedding is in Nov. How about yours?

Hi Angel

Really reel excited for you. I have my gown ready and waiting for my outdoor shoot. By the way, when is your wedding?

stars

stars

HI Cartel

When do you think is the best time to send my cards for printing? When are you going to give out the cards to your guests? Can I ask you how many tables will you be having? I wonder is 35 too cramp.

Thank you

stars

Hi SP

You very busy? Never hear from you for so long.

orchid

Hi stars,

see this invitation card time line if you're sending for printing..

RSVP - 3 wks before actual day
Send out - 4 wks before RSVP
Write invites - 2 wks before send out
Printing - 2 wks before writing invites
Send to printer & confirmation of artwork - 1 wk.

So means you'll need to send your stuff to the printer about 3 mths before your actual day - i.e. in September. You'll take even longer if you can't confirm the artwork within a week. During which, you'll need to firm up your invite list (or rather, be firm on your 'do not invite' list. hehe... )

I'm almost done with my cards!! yey!!! all the dinner ones (i.e. HIPV cards) are almost done - left abt 15 pcs. sent out some already. and my church only ones are about 3/4 left. although it was pretty tiring, i think its worth it. really feel a sense of achievement doing almost 400 cards. u must think i'm mad. HAHA...

C

cartel

Hi Stars,

yup agreed with angel 35 tables will b quite cramp not 2 4get we got 3 pillars if u're holding at crystal ballroom ...

Hmm ... c if u're pantang if yes wait till after 7th mth if not anytime fr now u can get yr cards print!!!

Me having ard 30 tables & wil b giving out my cards beg of sep.

Hi angel,

sori 4get 2 answer yr last Q, I tink is quite standard 4 T-dragon but heard printing on inserts Hi-Tec wil b better cos they provide free gold strings.

carol

Hi all HIPV brides,
I'm now having my honeymoon.... So realaxed and romantic and enjoying every minutes of the time...

hahahaha... I'm now posting this message in an internet cafe.
I've lots to share with all of you about my wonderful weding. It's really a fairytale wedding...

It' unforgetable!!!

Will catch up with you gails after my honeymoon.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi Orchid

You print so many cards. How many tables you having? You are really good can do so many.

Hi Carol
So nice to hear from you. Enjoy your honey moon.

HI Angel and Cartel

Thank you fro your info. I really hope to cut down the number of tables. But like cannot leh. Especially colleagues. Me also not sure how.

stars

angel

Hi Carol

so glad to hear from u...so nice of u to even think abt us despite on honeymoon. Have fun and enjoy urself.

Hi Stars

no problem at all...what i did to cut the guest list was to only invite those who are closer to me but i have a problem now...a couple of my friends are vegetarians cos i don't think they serve veg food. There is no problem with muslim friends.

sancai

Hi angel,

Yes, Holiday Inn do serve veg meal same as muslim; is only u need 2 top up $$$
is 10% per pax of each table cost. Hope this help!

Regards

stars

Hi Angel

Do you have a problem with inviting colleagues. I have so many colleagues. Not easy to cut down. Afriad that I will offend some...Big headache for us.

Hi Sancai

Your name so cute . Is that your real name. Or you like to watch metoer garden? : )

stars

angel

Hi Sancai i am a fan too
happy.gif

Hi Stars I don't have problem cos our HQ and site office are at different locations only intend to invite those who are working closely with the rest are not so close (will drop them from list). Close friends can ask if they are free to attend if not oso can omit them fom the list. But close friends will wanna attend unless they really can't make it
happy.gif

angel

I wonder what will the story be in Part II...heard that Michelle Saram is the 3rd party between them
sad.gif
I don't quite like her if she is I hope she is not successful. I am that they are together finally for this season
happy.gif

sancai

me agreed totally wif you ... dun like her as well ... heard dat Tao Ming Shi lost his memory & cannot remember Sancai (me lei hehe ..) **sob**sob**

stars

Hi gals

You all very busy? it seems that not much posting recently leh. Very quiet. How are all your preparation?

regards
stars

sancai

Stars,

Guess all busy with wedding preparation.
Waiting for Carol to be back as well to update us her big day!

Carol - must keep us update!

Cheers
bounce.gif