Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

krystal80

lee kim, I'm also Vasanthi's client and I agree with Charmaine...in that I think it's a coordinator issue. I've personally never encountered K so I can't say anything but I feel that this is something that should be brought to the attn of the hotel because it really is unprofessional...and of course request for change of coordinator

straylamb

hi lee kim... did ur coordinator apologise? if she did apologise and offer to put things right then mayb not soo bad... if not i thk u do haf the right to request change coordinator... weddin is already soo stressed, must at least work with someone u r comfortable with and trust...

queenie10

Hi Lee kim,
vasanthi is my coordinator & i met her last sat to finalised my upcoming wedding. I did feeback to her of what you've encounter, heard that K did not throughly search for your contract before calling u up.

As for changing of coordinator,its better that you write in to the boss & request for a change of coordinator. I dun think its nice if u look for Vasanthi directly as it'll spoil their colleague relationship as Krystal might not feel good if her clients look for her colleague directly without letting her know.

As for Vasanthi, i'm very very satisifed with her services to us. She let our wedding planning goes smoothly & try to entertain to our requests.

kymchan

hi all, yes i call up the director and he is unaware of this matter. he settled it on the same day and changed my coordinater to Adeline. Krystal also called up to apologise. i will meet up with Adeline this week. the hotel also compensate me over this matter

krystal80

hi lee kim, glad to hear tt they did something about it and that it was quite promptly done as well =) U feeling better about the whole thing?

queenie10

Hi Charmaine,
oic....cos we finish ard 4.20pm, but u all still haven came.The 5pm couple call ard 3plus to opt to mit up earlier.

kymchan

hi Charmaine/Andrea, yes i m feeling better after they have resolved the problem. just hope everything will be fine
happy.gif

vlanze

Hi Lee Kim, glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Anyway our coordinator is K and thus far she has been accommodating to our request. Hope all goes well.)

A happy bride makes a happy wedding...

pearlies

Hi all,

I had my wedding at HIPV late last year and it was a really beautiful and unforgettable experience. There was a change of the person handling our wedding a few months before that, and the new person-in-charge didn't even bother to contact us. Anyway we took the initiative to contact them regarding the invitation cards and everything went fine after that. They did the following up stuffs, others like food tasting was great too. On the actual wedding night, everything went really well, including the very helpful and alert banquet staff. They even offered to keep our portion of the banquet food, and sent the food up to our room about half an hour after the dinner. The food was heated up and there was even two glasses of orange juice for us. When we checked out of the hotel, one of the banquet managers even came up to chat with my hubby and asked if we enjoyed the wedding and stay. I was really awed by their fantastic service, and I even feel that we are paying too little for such fantastic service which we thought can only be found at 5stars renowned hotels! I too had a lot of reservations and worries before the actual day, but ever since then, I strongly recommend HIPV. So don't worry too much ya. =)

hueyweng

Hi Pearlies,

Do you have any website that we can go view your beautiful photos of the wedding dinner??

Hope you don't mind to share wif us. THank you.

chin_leong

hi all, i jus had my food tasting on mon..
but was quite disappointed..
now me n wifey is getting worried abt the actually day food..

straylamb

hi kancheong spider...y disappointed?
i was still thinking of selecting the option of complimentary table leh, that means no food tasting... hmm...

chin_leong

kancheong spider,
mon got 1 other food tasting n a biz function..
following r my comments:
1) cold dish - the sushi roll was quite funny n taste worst then sakae.. not very fresh
2) shark fin - they show the shark's fin b4 stirring in but still i didn't tasted any..
3)crispy pi pa duck - serve sauce only 1 dish n no public spoon
4) abalone mushroom n lettuce - my god ma spotted a pc of rotten veg
5)fresh scallops with asparagus - the asparagus stem was so tough *think the kitchen did not scrap off* we chew on the stem but unable to swallow cos all fibre

then my mum tried the veg dishes *we paid extra*
they left out the 4th dish n only after we prompted @ the 6th dish then the dish was served..
n the food was not very nice..

overall we only have average of 2* average* n 3 *gd* for the whole food tasting..
went we ask to c the chef apparerntly the chef was bz with "other" things *the function i guess*
so now jus food tasting oredi like that..
i'm starting to worry how the chef gonna cope with 27 tables *sighz*

pearlies

Hi Weng,

I did not post my wedding pictures online and I'm actually a bit shy to show others the pictures, hope you don't mind. =)

Hi kancheong_spider,

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. All of us present at the food tasting were very happy with the food and serving size, and on actual day, no one complained about the food and in fact there were praises that the food is nice and filling. I love the pipa duck best, really yummy. Perhaps there is a change of chef lately? Think you should voice your grouses to the person in charge of your wedding and they should try to improve.

chin_leong

pearlies,
a few of my frens held at hipv also n i was very glad with the food but my food tasting wasn't really pleasent tats wat worries me..
the pi pa duck was great.. fish fresh.. prawns frsh.. the portion n display was gd..
jus something abt the veg they serve hope my changes will b gd n no problems..
also i hope the veg tables will b better served cos my mum's fren all veg at least 2-3tables *sighz*

weddingphobia

hey girls! any idea what exactly should go into the hotel wedding dinner contract? coz some details like for example that every table will have a basket of rose petals are not in the contract and the coordinator says this is under her perogative so it needn't be included. i've heard some people say that EVERY detail ought to be listed to avoid any future misgivings.. any thoughts?

kikosan

Hi girls, does HIPV provides vegetarian food at the wedding dinner? Four of my relatives are vegetarians, very troublesome.

Anyone had wedding dinner at Orchid room, can email me the pic to [email protected].

chin_leong

wendy, HIPV do serve vegetarian food but u have to pay extra for each individual serving..
u can get the menu from your coordinatoor..

mrs_tan_to_be

hihi...
Can I join in the chat? Im planning to sign HIPV for end 2009. Vsanthi's service is really thums up!! Very helpful and response to your enquires fast! My packagae is weekend - 888nett/table. However, I felt that their perks/package can help to cover additional cost spend for the wedding.

Also, it had been confirmed that the ballroom will go for a 3 months renovation (1st July till 30th Sept 09). Im quite excited as im considering 4th Oct 09 which is the 1st weekend after the ballroom had been reno..

To those who is considering HIPV, i seriously recommended this hotel. Worth the price. And the crystal theme, its so nice and romantic. Simply fell in love on that..

Wendy,
I also have relatives who are vegetarians too.. but for my case, its more on having 2 tables than individual pax cost.

For eg: if per table is 888 nett and you have 2 relatives who are vegetarian, it will be 888nett + (88.80 *2)= 1065.60.

shuki_50

I think in terms of food tasting, it really depends on how individual expectation of the food.
From what I read thru the thread, after the food tasting, if u have any comments on the food or service, you can feedback to the hotel staff or chef, and they will change for the better during the actual day...
I am also an end 09 bride, really hope to see improvements on the 3 big pillars....

mrs_tan_to_be

hi all,
just wanna to check with those who had just signed up with HIPV, do you all manage to ask for 1 bottle of complimentary wine per table? My AD is 04/10/2009.

reddotie

hi all,
i have signed up with HIPV.
Any idea if we can request for a function room for ROM on the AD? Thinking of having both on the same day.

rainydae

hi kym, yes they have a function room where they will use the flower decor for ballroom to decor the function room. then bring back to ballroom before the wedding starts.FOC.

i asked abt swimming pool. they say its possible. but not much settings and its a standing affair.

queenie10

HI Gals,
i'm back from my wedding last nite....What i can say i'm very happy that we chosen HIPV as our banquet venue.The ballroom is stunning elegant & everyone was very impressed with the chef dance.Everything goes well except that my family told me they feel abit warm in the ballroom.The banquet staffs & vasanthi really did a great job in making my banquet a memorable one.During our march-in,it was like we r in a fairy tale like palace....very elegant & european feel ballroom.

The foods are nice,my mum say they r using superior shark fin which is "bao chi",their pipa duck is very nice & i love their red bean paste with glutinous ball.I'm very surprise that 98% of my guests only went off after the desert.I start my march in ard 8.30 & finish abt 11pm....

So gals who have chose HIPV,dun worried abt anything as we all have make the right choice.

Btw i've 12 bottles of Woflblass Eagle Hawk Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 for sale at $16 per bottle,self pickup at queensway. The wine is quite smooth & retail is selling abt $22+ at cold storage. I used up 36 bottles of wine for 28 tables. Pls contact me at [email protected] if anyone is interested.

xmasnowy

Hi Queenie

glad to hear that u had a wonderful nite..

can i just check with u which layout u used for ur march-in? the long one or the 'L' shaped type?

mrs_tan_to_be

hi Queenie,
Congrats to you!!! Can add me in multiply too? my ID is sohhl. Thanks.

Me just signed up with HIPV last sat.. AD on 04th Oct 2009. Happy Happy!!!

apr_piggy

Hi all,

I'm also considering btw parkview or atrium now. Had got vasanthi contact somewhere at the earlier thread, and managed to booked an appointment with her to meet up and view the rooms. So far, Im also very satisfied and happy with her prompt response and follow-up. Most likey I would be taking up the banquet from her.

Oh BTW, anyone have pics of wedding at orchid room to share? As my no. of tables is only abt 20, thus, unable to book the ballroom, can only take orchid room. But saw from the pic that vasanthi sent, I guessed the orchid room is still quite ok and nice.
happy.gif

Hi Queenie,

can add me too? my multiply id is wendyzhou. Thks!

queenie10

Hi xmassnowy,
i took the long march in cos my hubby is doing singing for 2nd march-in so i think a long march in will be more appropriate.

Gals,
I've already added you all...btw my photos & video will only be ready ard next tuesday so stay tuned.