Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

carol

Hi SP,
I'm also using organza ribbon to tie my card. I got the design I like from Spotlight then buy a whole roll from Arab street. It's cheaper mah...

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

HI SP
You have already seen Eugenia for your wedding cards? Your wedding is Nov rite? I have not done yet.. I am too slow?
Pls enlighten me. Anymore things that need ot be done? I am getting a bit stress. Six more months.

stars

S

sp

Hi Stars

Oh, I've not collected my cards yet, it's only that I've seen Eugenia's card and I liked it very much. Most likely, I'll collect my cards in August or Sept. I hope I have enough time to source for my handicraft stuff. Spotlight has a good range of ribbons but it's too ex$$$$, so I guess I have to settle for Concourse.
Please don't get stressed, as for me whenever I'm free or doing window shopping, I mentally note down any ideas or inspiration that catches my eyes, but too many ideas can be confusing at times, too.
We still have six months to go, plenty of time to me. You are definitely not slow, stressed ? yes !
Please relax lah ! Don't by so 'gan cheong' hor. If you really want to make your own cards (design / printing etc) on your own, I would advise you to get the cards earlier from Eugenia, at least you can pace out your wedding work load.
For me, I may just sent the cards to the printer if I'm too busy/ lazy to do it myself, hehehehe.

SP

stars

Hi SP

Thank you for your reply. So anything more things to do before our big day? Have you gone for your photoshoot? First fitting already? I am going for my first meeting next week. Excited.

Hi Carol

How is your preparation?

Hi Orchid
How is your card going? I am really curious how you all decorate your card.

Regards
stars

carol

Hi Stars,
I'm fine.... I've managed to finish tying all the ribbons & gold thread for my invites.
Going to start writing on the cards soon.
I guess I'm stil alright with all the preparations.

I'll be collectiong my wedding albums next month & doing fitting for my WG & EG too....

So you are going for your 1st fitting next week. Good Luck!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Hi Stars & SP,

After seeing the concourse price, I think spotlight is abit overpriced.

Actually... can I ask what is this "Eugenia's card"? Is it very different? I only know that there were 2 types - red and white.

6 mths is OK to start doing cards. you're not too far behind yet. *smile* I've got 4 mths more and I've just started doing the craft work. The tip is, space out the work and do it leisurely then it's fun. You will get too stressed if you do all at one go - and very tiring.

Last night was spent just cutting the holes for the ribbons to pass through. I sat in front of the TV, and cut 100 cards... today got back ache, neck ache & finger ache. hahaha...

Just remember the date line to send out local cards is 2 mths before wedding date. the die-die dateline is 1.5 mths before wedding date. the ideal RSVP is 3 wks before. You'll be quite safe if you kept to that schedule.

Most of all.. HAVE FUN!!!!!

orchid

I'll try to take a picture of the card when it's done then you can see what it looks like *s* (maybe borrow my friend's digital cam)

S

sp

Hi Orchid

Eugenia's card is the hotel's card too, the cream one. She has her names embossed on the 2nd fold when you open up the card and has one simple insert with a ribbon across the card. Instead of cutting the slits to tie the ribbon, she got the printer to do the slits for her, she just tie the ribbons herself.

Hi stars
Photoshoot, not yet leh, busy with work. Must try to fix a time with the bridal boutique some time next week. Sigh, luckily this is only once a life time ( maybe that's why we put in so much effort to make it special, hor ? )
How are you doing your card ? I'm still thinking what to do.

SP

orchid

Hi SP,
I can't get the printer to do it for me cos I'm printing the card myself. it's going well i suppose.

orchid

Do you think this is rude?

"Please join us in celebration at our Chinese wedding banquet at 7 o'clock in the evening.

[venue info]

Your punctuality is greatly appreciated"

Do you think this is rude?
Need your opinion. Thanks!!

orchid

I'm printing the cards right this minute. DIY remember?? hehe...

when's your wedding again? very soon right?

S

sp

Hi orchid

sorry for the late reply, I think the wordings are perfectly fine.

SP

R

rzb

Hi all the Happy HIPV bride......
can i just check whether u all are using the big screen in the crystal ballroom provided by the hotel ???

If yes, do u bring your own equipment or the hotel provided the equipment too
happy.gif

Rgds,
RZB

stars

Hi Orchid, Carol SP

Can I check with you something? If your guests never RSVP, do we call and ask them? How do you put it like whether they are bringing their kids along for relatives? And also are you all inviting Muslims? I am confuse about the RSPV thing. Can enighten me? Thank you

Stars

carol

Hi Orchid,
Yah, I rememeber.

Oh, my wedding is coming soon. On 21 July...
So very busy lately...

Hi RZB,
No, I don't think I'll Use that. You can check out with Eugenia abou it.

Hi Stars,
Hahaha.... That's what we would be thinking about too, & we will, in case there's an sudden increase in the number of tabbles, at least there's time for me to inform Eugenia.
You can by the word of mouth ask them if their kids are coming as well.

No, I don't have any muslim guest.

Cheers:
Carol
proud.gif

S

sp

Hi RZB
Wlcome to the forum. I did ask Eugenia about the video montage thing, the hotel will provide the screen FOC but as they don't have the projector etc in house, they can get it from their contractor. Eugenia did suggest that it's better to source our own equipment as it's quite ex$$$ and not worth paying for that few minutes.

Hi stars
RSVP ? I think in this generation, a lot goes by word of mouth and it's alright to check with your guests whether they are bringing the kids lor.
No harm asking so we can have a more accurate attendance list, better safe than sorry and assume that only the Mr & Mrs are coming. So let's do our homework and give the most detailed and accurate info to the hotel to ensure a smooth & no-last-minute-changes dinner.
Hmm, have you got any idea on designing your card ?

Hi Orchid
How's your card coming along ?
SP

stars

Hi Enid
I think Eugenia will inform you when you need to collect your cards. Don't worry. She will remember.
Hi SP

i have not designed my card yet not sure what to do. U all any idea? Orchid pls do share with us when you are done.

Hi all

Have you all chosen your actaul day Photograher? Any recommendation?

Thank you

stars

orchid

Hi RZB....
i didn't even know we could use the big screen! hehe...

All,
My card is almost done! just need to add the picture - being developed.

Enid,
You can give them a call anytime to tell them when you want it. normally 3 mths before the actual date. so that you have 1 mth to design & send for printing, then send out to guests and 1 mth for the guests to RSVP.

orchid

Stars

Yes, you can call them and ask if they're coming. Then just say,"How many of you?" if they say donno, ask them to commit a number, cannot donno. say that you need to confirm with the hotel.

When inviting muslims, you can choose between these 2:
1) whole table eat muslim food (which is from the Tandoor Restaurant in HIPV VERY good stuff), or 2) just that setting for muslim food.

If the whole table know each other like say all colleagues, it's more worth it if the whole table take muslim food cos then it's 10 course and you don't pay extra - anyway it's something unique for the chinese. not so boring eat the same thing all the time. tell them first. they should be ok with it.

if it's a special setting, you have to pay the price of 1 person EXTRA for that table, and it's only 6 course. i.e. you're paying for 11 persons, even though there's only 10 since 1 is special setting.

I've chosen Wesley (http://www.memphiswest.com) as my actual day photographer. Went for my studio photoshoot on Vesak day. it was really fun!! hehe.. the pictures turned out pretty well, and very natural. had a few funny face ones - don't worry, they're on digital so the ugly ones can erase.

carol

Hi SP,
How are you??? How's your wedding preparation going on?

I'm in the most busy stage of my preparation. Really busy & stress having to go through the guest list & seating planning...

Overall, everything is still in control.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi Orchid

Thank you. Are they expensive? Wow you have gone for photoshoot. How is it? Where did you go for outdoor shoot?

Hi Carol,

Remember to take good care of yourself.

Hi Carol Orchid and SP
I am feeling excited now as my photoshoot is one week from now.

Not sure what kind of preparation is needed.
Any adivce

stars

carol

Hi Stars,
Sure I will, I'll make sure I've enough rest despite my busy schedule.

Where would you be going for your photoshoot?
The wheather is really hot, so remember to drink more water before that.

Bring along a bottle of water on that day. Tissue paper is a must too.
Most important is to smile!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Hi Stars,

I find them quite OK. they charge the day photography like normal studio photography price, and they charge studio photography like the normal day photography price. so in my mind, i turn it around and then realised that the final amt comes up to quite the same.

We took only the studio that day.

carol

Hi Orchid, Stars, SP,
I've collected my wedding alums & portraits today...
We were very happy with the albums.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi Carol

Glad that you are happy with your photos. How's your preparation for the dinner?

I will be going for my photoshoot this week. My ROM this week too. Very excited and nervous too.

Ok
Take care
stars

carol

Hi Stars,
Well, still writing the invitation cards & doing the guest list allocation... That's a real headache.

Woh, looks like this week will be an busy & excited week for you.

Good Luck!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

angel

Hi ladies

I'm back after my exam
happy.gif
so happy and relieved that it was over. How's everyone??? I am so glad to be back again
happy.gif

Now gotta to get down to our wedding preparation and renovation oredi.

carol

Hi Angel,
Welcome back!!!!!

I've just collected my wedding albums. & will be scanning in the pics so that I could show you gals...

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

carol

Halo Angel,
Sure, will my best to scan them as soon as possible. Really very busy now looking at the details of my Guo Da li & other issues.

Cheers:
Carol
wink.gif

S

sp

Hi Carol

Pictures ready ? hurry, want to see , but you busy busy with your gou da li stuff, right ?
OK, we'll wait patiently.........

Hi stars
How's your ROM & photo shoot ?

SP

carol

Hi SP,
Sure, will scan them as soon as possible.....
yap, really busy right now with some things to look into.
Yap, finally got the list of items for Guo Da li.... Now got to think of idea to jazz them up....

What about your preparations?

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

S

sp

Hi Carol

I'm leaving most of the stuff to me hubby and his parents, they are more in the mood of wedding, wedding , wedding. I got not much say in the gou da li, as long as both parents and in laws are happy, I'm fine. Some times, too many suggestions can get you very confused and instead of thinking of what we want, we got to think what others want & expect , Sigh ! headache, lah.
Anyway, I think I'll just be 'chin chai' or 'bo-chup' lor. hehehehe.

SP

orchid

I'm getting a bit stressed...
sad.gif

so many things to do and so little time. then the company supplying my wedding cards are going through some screw-ups - the girl at their shop quit (1 mth already), and the boss isn't answering any of my calls!! sigh..

angel

Don't worry Orchid, I'm sure everything will turn out fine. Just keep calling them and if that still don't work, maybe u wanna pay them a visit personally

orchid

HI angel,
I went to their shop 2 days ago since i was passing by anyway. nobody there. the sign says, "Please call for an appointment" - same number as the one i called.

Carol,
I'm very curious how do you jazz up guo da li??? hahaha..

carol

Hi Orchid,
Did you pay any deposit to the printer, if you haven't you can consider changing to another one.
Hahaha.... I love to do handicrafts, so will be tying up all the things with nice ribbon & stickers.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi Carol

I am also waiting to see your photo leh. Don't forget about me.

Hi SP , Carol and Orchid and all

I am back. After my ROM, photoshoot and a short trip. Very tired. But we had an enjoyable time. We did not do our outdoor shoot. Raining. Very tiring taking photo.

How about you SP? You preparing for guo da li already? When is your guo da li? How many weeks before wedding?

Orchid,

How is your printer? Hope everything is fine.

Carol

Your wedding coming soon. Which day of July huh?

Take care gals

stars

angel

Hi Orchid, i agree with Carol. Maybe u wanna consider to change the printer.

Hi Stars, i heard from my mum that the gou da li is one week b4 the actual date but not sure if it is the same for other dialect groups.

S

sp

Hi stars

my gou da li is in November , one week before the wedding date.

Orchid
I agree with carol & angel that you should change the printer if you have not place any deposit, even if you have, you might want to consider to change to another more reliable printer. They should be able to get your cards out in a week or two with express service.

Carol
Excited ? don't be stressed, can start counting down the days to your big day already. Waiting to see your photos but if got no time, no hurry, we can wait, lor. Maybe after the wedding, you'll be more relieve and free to scan your photos.

take care girls
SP

stars

HI Angel and SP

Thank you for your reply. My mom also very blur. So I am not very sure about all these custmoary things.

Have you all gone for photo shoot? I can't wait to see my photo. So scare not nice.

stars

angel

Hi Stars

my wedding is next year March so still have time...most likely will have the photo shoot in either Sep or Oct this year.

Don't worry I'm sure ur photo will turn out nice, just relax. When u get ur photo, do share wif us okie?

carol

Hi Stars,
Sure, will definitely show you the photos once I've finaish scanning.
Yap, getting really excited, My wedding is on 21st July....
Just another month to go....

Don't worry, I'm sure the photos will turn out nice....
So when will you be having your outdoor shooting?

Hi SP,
Hahaha... I'm trying to feel relax, not to over-stress so that I could feel happy & pretty on my wedding day.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi Carol

Thank you. My outdoor shoot will be in Aug. They are very busy no more time slot. No choice have to wait. You know lah I can't take on weekdays. Can't take leave.

Really feel excited for you. I am sure you will be pretty and happy on your special day.
happy.gif

Hi Angel

Thank you . I will wait patiently. Where did you sign up for your bridal?

Ok gals
take care
stars

angel

Hi Stars

I sign up wif JLC...how about u???

Hi Carol

I do share ur excitement
happy.gif
just that's the way relax and get ready to look pretty on your big day.

carol

Hi Stars,
Hahaha... No problem, at least by that time, the wheather will be much better.

Yap, getting more excited as days go by, 33days to go!

Hi Angel,
hahaha..... planning to go on leave this Fri, to go for a short trip.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif