Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

carol

Hi Jas,
I'll be having my wedding banquet at Holiday Park view.(Cystal ballroom)
The orchid room is a smaller ballroom, but ideal for cozy wedding.
Food: Good

The wedding consulatant is friendly too, you can call & look for Eugenia at: 67300121

Otherwise, you refer to the other thread in the forum: Anything under the sun: Holiday Inn park View??? for for valueable conments.

Cheers:
carol

B

blue_ocean

Hi Jas and Carol,

The thread Holiday Inn Park View ??? is under Wedding Banquets.

Jas, Have u seen the ballroom with a wedding setup b4? If u hvnt, I'll suggest that you give the wedding coordinator Eugenia a call, and find out when is the next wedding in the Orchid Ballroom, u can then view the wedding setup in the ballroom. it's impt that u like the ballroom and setup.

I'm not sure abt food, think someone commented in the other thread tt food is nice. As for service, i must say the service provided by the cooridnator is very personalised. To me, the coordinator is more like a friend than a wedding consultant
happy.gif

All the best in ur hotel hunting
happy.gif

orchid

Hi,

Yes, food is nice!!

They normally use the Crystal ballroom for their weddings - max 30 tables. So if you don't have that many tables, you can use them. It has beautiful crystal chandeliars.

I'm having my dinner there too!

S

sp

Hi Jas

Join us at the other thread, it's very interesting. As for food , my parents like it very much as they have attended a wedding dinner there before. Service also very good, lor. The wedding consultant, Eugenia is superb. I agree with blue ocean that she's more of a friend than wedding consultant. She offers very good & sound advise, very understanding.

SP

S

sp

Hi Anisons

I understand your anxiety about choosing a venue for your forthcoming wedding dinner. I guess all of us are in the same boat when we're at this initial stage. So far, I have not heard of any bad comments on the forum or from my friends & relatives. I was very satisfied with the service & assurance from the hotel and most of all a very personalised wedding consulatnt cum friend. I am truly blessed to have a wedding consultant like that. I am sure I am not judging as I have seen, heard and experience it myself, that's why I very satisfied to have my wedding at HIPV. As you are still looking around, happy hunting until you are satisfied with the hotel of your choice.

SP

carol

Hi Anisons,
I share the same thoughts as SP, we are both glad to have choosen HIPV as our wedding banquet, & with a friendly wedding consultant, we are assure that are our wedding preparations could be much more easiler.

So far, I've not heard any negative comments too.

Hi SP,
Hello, how are you lately??? Busy???
So when will you be meeting with Eugenia to view her wedding pics huh?
Good Luck with everything...

Cheers:
Carol

stars

Hi SP

Where are the other theads that you are talking about?

Regards to all beautiful brides to be.
kiss.gif

stars

S

sp

Hi stars
Sorry what I meant was this thread, lor. It's under the same topic. I didn't know they combine it into one thread already. sorri hor.

Hi carol
Me still a little busy but most likely to meet yp with Eugenia somewhere next month or June when there are more wedding setups to see.

Hi Jas
Have you decided on the venue ? Really hope you can be a HIPV bride too.

Keep in touch, I'll be out station for about 2 weeks this time round. Sigh !

SP

stars

Hi SP
Oh I see. You are going for outstation? Happy Trip. Waiting to hear from you soon.

Hi Carol
How are you? Busy?

stars

carol

Hi Stars,
The other thread has been removing & combine together under this thread by Chinleng already...

Yap, I'm very busy lately.... Oh, got a lot of things to see to as well, that's why you see me lesser in the forum & in the cooking thread too.
but I'll contiune to post delicious recipes there once I'm free, So check it out..

Hi SP,
Woh, your schedule is really tight huh?
Do take care of yourself.
Hope to chat with you soon.

Cheers:
Carol

S

sp

Dear Carol

haha, getting busy nowadays for your wedding ?
There's another bidal show coming up in 5 May 02. I wonder if I'll be free to kay poh kay poh a bit on that day. Eugenia will definitely be very busy with other couples just like last year. I thought of seeing the fashion show by Silver Cloak to see what they have to offer. I heard it's a new boutique at Tanjong Pagar Road.

Hi stars
How's your preparation coming along ?
Got an email from Eugenia that she'll be on leave for about a week. Well, time to take a well deserved break.

Hi Orchid
Great to have another HIPV bride ! When's your dinner ?

regards
SP

carol

Hi SP,
Yap, busy with my job & my wedding preparations...
Finally realise, I've got so much to do leh...
Yap, I heard of the coming bridal show as well....

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

stars

HI SP

I wonder have you actaully signed up with any package bridal package? Sori forget already. Ya I heard from her too that she is going for a short trip. Are you going for the bridal show? Anything to see? I did not attend last year one.

Hi Carol

How's your preparation going? Hope everything is fine. Take care

stars

carol

Hi Stars,
Glad to see you again.
Oh, I'm fine but just the usual busy lah....
Oh, just comfirmed on the wordings for the invitation cards, so will sent for printing next week...
Now, busy designing my bridal car decorations... So looking around for more ideas...

So how's your preparations huh??

Cheers:
Carol

orchid

Hi SP,

My dinner will be on 14 Sep. How abt yours? We're trying to keep it to 25 tbls. Now at the "Invite List" stage.

Do you know if the hotel have wireless microphones that we can use? Feel like doing a song item.

orchid

Blue Ocean -> My sis in-law had her wedding at the Sheraton. They've got big tables - for 12. But the ballroom is abit weird - L-shape. So the people on the right cannot see the people on the left. Felt like different rooms. Didn't quite like it.

B

blue_ocean

Hi Orchid,

R u 'talking' to me? I dont think i'm the one enquiring Sheraton. In fact, i have already booked with Holidayinn ;)

May i know which bridal shop did u engage? Currently i'm looking for one within my budget. Thanks
happy.gif

carol

Hi Orchid,
Glad to know another HIPV bride here.
happy.gif

Woh, you are really efficient, looking at the guest list already.. So have you choosen the invitation card & look around for printers?

Cheers:
Carol

stars

HI Orchid,
Welcome glad to know you.

Hi Carol
I have done nothing much. Cos busy working.
How is your guest list? BTW how many tables you having?
SP I guess you are out station did not see you.
Blue Ocean
Have you gone to any bridal shops to look around? Is there any budget for your package?

Take care

star

orchid

Hi blue_ocean, stars & carol, Nice to know u too!

Blue Ocean,
I booked my wedding gown from Sillouette ($2K), and bought my evening gown ($250) from the Designer Bridal Gown Sale at 4 Seasons organised by my-marriage.com. Sillouette is abit steep tho...

You can try J&C. They are pretty good. Designs are quite good and the designer (Cynthia) was very nice. Service very good. I didn't take them cos I didn't need a package and I wanted a 'grander' gown for the church wedding.

Carol,
We've chosen the cream ones cos it will contain both church wedding & dinner info - more appropriate. I'm doing it DIY.

Bought a paper puncher with flower motif. So my FH will be punching the cards with flowers (one at each corner) cos the card is very plain. I'll be printing the words on coloured paper (lilac maybe or some shimmery color) and sticking them inside or tie with gold string. From the outside it looks like the flowers have colours. Looks like i'm going to do craft work for the next month! Which is also why we needed to come up with the guest list early - then know how many cards to make.

carol

Hi Stars,
happy.gif

My guest list is almost done, except for a few of my in-laws relatives. So when they are done, we will sent the cards for printing.

Oh, I'm having 25tables in Crystal ballroom.

Cheers:
Carol

carol

Hi Orchid,
I've the cream ones as well. I thought it just look simple & nice but of course we intend to jazz it up using organza ribbon & stickers.

Hey, your idea sound great huh?
I Love to do craftwork too, so I'll also be spending time to tied the ribbon & searching around for stickers.

I think it's always god to start things early. More time to plan & carry out.

Hope to chat with you more often in this thread.

Cheers:
Carol
proud.gif

B

blue_ocean

Hi Orchid,

Thanks for sharing ur bridal package. I like Silhouette gowns also, but too expensive, overshoot my budget.

I hv been to J&C b4. The evening gowns r really nice, but i cant find anything i like for wedding gown. Might go down to take a look again.

I heard tt Yvonne Creative is quite good also. So might go down to take a look during weekend.

Ur wedding is less than 6 mths away ... r u feeling excited now?

Cant remember whether u hv mentioned b4, hv u taken ur photographs? Which studio did u engage?

Have fun!
happy.gif

orchid

Hi Blue_Ocean,

You could get J&C to make one for you... unless you want an OTR gown?

Ya.. pretty excited. I didn't feel too excited until i went for my 1st fitting last week.
happy.gif

We're busy with the house now. getting our keys at the end of April. so now looking for contractors and all that.

I'll be taking my photos with Memphiswest Pictures. They're very different from the normal studio pictures. I like their style. You can check them out: http://www.memphiswest.com/

Will be taking the pictures at the end of May. They'll be taking black & whites for my church wedding as well.

orchid

OH.. forgot to add.. Memphiswest did the pictures for Marriott for their wedding promotion!! It was along the MRT tunnel btw Orchard stn & Tangs. It's now in front of the hotel.

They are in the website, click on Weddings, then click on "Teck Hua & Janis".

jessie

Hello ladies,

I will be holding my dinner at this Holiday Inn ParkView this coming June...any advise which menu is the best among menu C & D(weekend)? Still don't know which to choose yet...Has anyone just have the wedding dinner there? Are you satisfied?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon....

orchid

Hi Jessie...

I'm probably choosing the one with the yam basket... simply because I like yam basket. hehe. So far the comments on the food has been very good.

or you can go Indian. their muslim menu is actually 10 course and from the famous Tandoor Northern Indian restaurant in the hotel. I suggested having that menu for all tables said it would be something different - just to see how they'd react.... freaked out my mom, but my dad thought it's a good idea. hahaha... :eek:

carol

Hi Jessie,
We haven't thought of selecting which menu, will wait for parents to decided, after going for the food tasting.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Hey Jessie... can give us some feedback when you have your food tasting?

We're not having food tasting. cos didn't think it was worth the money.

jessie

Hi Orchid,

Thanks for your reply! But I thought the food tasting is a complimentary when you actually booked 30 tables from them? How many tables you book? But some of the comments is that Food tasting will be different from the actual day cos is a mass production mah....

You sayng you perfer the yam basket then the menu should be menu c with the dessert of chinese pancake right?

ok..I will tell you the comments after my food tasting..I think I will also choose menu C but thinking whether can they change the last 2 dishes(noodle and dessert) to menu D...

By the way when is your big day??

orchid

Yes yes!! the one with the chinese pancake!
happy.gif

my wedding is on 14 Sep..

i booked only 25 tables. maybe that's why it's not complimentary.

I've asked if we could change some items. It seems that it will depend which items cos it will affect the overall costing of the food.

jessie

Hi Orchid,

So are you using crystal ballroom? If I am not wrong, if we want to change some items, I think they will charge extra cost...but the dessert I perfer Chilled mango pudding than chinese pancake, what do u think?

one kpo question, which bridal shop did you take?

orchid

Hi Jessie..

Yes, i'm using the crystal ballroom. But must promise to have at least 25 tbls which wouldn't be a problem. anything less they'll put me to the other rooms.

As for dessert, i don't think it makes much difference since you wouldn't be eating it anyway right? hehe... seriously, i think mango pudding is pretty common now compared to chinese pancake. doesn't really matter to me.

by the way.. ANY OF YOU DECIDING NOT TO TAKE SHARKS FIN SOUP???

I got my wedding gown from sillouette & evening gown off the rack from the Designer Bridal Gown Sale at 4-Seasons early this year.

jessie

Hi Orchid,

If we don't take the sharks fin soup, what will they replace? Yes, you are right anyway I am not eating so there is not much difference and I agreed that chilled mango pudding is quite common nowsday..

So when are you going to have your photoshooting?

stars

HI Orchid

Actaully I thox of not having Shark fins soup but not sure what can be replaced you know people always look for that. Not sure parents agree or not too.

stars

E

excited bride

Hi Orchid,

I am new to this....my wedding is only in next year but looking around for photographers currently.

I went to the website for Memphis & I liked their style. How did you get to know abt them? I usually hear names such as Kim, Robin or Andrew Choi being rattled off by other brides-to-be but not Wesley. Personally, I think he's good (based on the website). How much was the photoshoot package you took from them? I have a budget which I need to keep at in case i burst it!

Can advise me, pretty pls?

scandinavia

Hi everybody,

I'm a HIPV bride as well!! But my banquet is still a long way to go - 18 May 2003.
Can I join you gals in the conversation???

carol

Hi Scandinavia,
Welcome in.... Gald to know another HIPV bride here. I'll be glad to chat with you.

Just a short introduction of myself.
I'm also an HIPV Bride, having my banquet on 21 July 02....

Really looking forward to my wedding..

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

S

scandi

Hi Carol,

(Realise that my nick is too long, shall shorten it to "Scandi")
Thanks! If not, I'll be talking to myself.
Yours is really near, must be feeling excited!

I have booked my bridal package in Bridal World (AMK). Though a bit cheena, but can make do.
Budget is pretty tight so no Tanjong Pagar and Delfi Orchard bridal boutiques for me. Anyhow, my $3388 package includes Actual Day photography and 28 pieces of 15R etc, what more could I ask for? :p I prefer to spend my money on overseas trips anyway
How about you? I'm attending the 5 May event, are you?

carrie

Hi,
Can someone help me by telling me what is the easiest way to get to HIPV? What is the nearest train station Thanks!

carol

Hi Scandi,
Hahahaha.. You are not alone. There are quite a number of HIPV brides here.

Yap, I'm really excited about.
Woh, I must day you are very efficient, your banquet venue & bridal package are all settled...

I'm excited about my wedding albums which would only be ready in June..
happy.gif

So long you are comfortable with that bridal shop, I'm sure you would get the best out of it...
I'm with Easac Bridal Studio @IMM... & I'm a very satisfied customer there.

Cheers:
Carol

S

sp

Hi gals !
I'm back, this is great, so many new comers, it seems like I've gone for years and I've missed out so much.
Hi Scandi, your wedding still a long way more to go, I shall keep you updated on have our wedding went. The first will be from Carol, right ? hahahaha.

Carol, you must be pretty busy right now. Make sure to share with us your experience in the preparation etc.... on how the banquet went etc.... But enjoy your honeymoon first lah !

Hi Orchid & Stars & Jessie
If you do not wish to serve shark's fin , just ask your wedding consultant for alternative and see if your parents and in laws are agreeable to it.

SP

carol

Halo SP,
So glad to see you again. Really missed you while you are away.

Hummmm... looks like my wedding will be the first among the HIPV brides here, anyone with wedding date before July 21???

You are right, SP, pretty busy right now, going to send my cards for printing & getting materials to jazz up my invitation cards.
Sure will definite share my experience her with all of you.

Hey, I've kept with me a wedding Journal, Could share with you if you are interested.

Hope to hear from you soon, & Take Care!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Hi Excited Bride,

You can contact them at: 6342-2852.
Look for Jodie Koh. She's the business manager.
You can go down to their office at Joo Chiat - they've got a lot more photos & styles for you to see.

I know abt them cos Wesley and I attend the same church. And he's taken for quite a few of my friends. *smile*

Sorry for not replying earlier.. was on MC on Mon & Tues then very busy at work.

apple

Hi all HIPV brides! I'm also a HIPV bride, wedding going to be on Oct 26. Would like to ask those who have had their wedding dinners there, how's the bridal suite like? Is it their deluxe suite? Also, has anyone tried to ask for an extra room like say between 5-8 pm, something like a "day room" where the "jie-mei" or "brother gang" can shower and change? Cos' my church ceremony will end at about 4 plus and I think it is more convenient for them to go straight to the hotel and change/shower.

E

excited bride

Hi Orchid,

Oh dear...I hope you are feeling better. Remember to drink lots of H20 and pop vitamin C pills to keep the flu virus away! I wanted to get Wesley because I am very touched by Jodie's testimony...dun ask me how this relates to the whole thing but I feel that Wesley is probably someone who is sensitive to ppl's needs and understands them. My only worry is that I may not be able to afford him since he does more of commercial fotography. Got to pray very hard that something good will come out of the meeting with them.

orchid

Hi Excited Bride,

Ya lor.. so amazing right?

Don't worry... I'm sure something can be worked out right? Just give them a call. oh, forgot to add Jodie's hp: 9796-8454 (can give her hp cos it's also in the namecard).

The commercial photography pricing is different from wedding photography pricing.

Their wedding day photography comes with an album of the best pictures, carefully selected by Jodie & Karwai - very classy.