Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

ibelle

Hi!

Does anyone have any comments on Holiday Inn Park View? Their package for 2002 seems quite reasonable but I wonder how is their service and food.

Thanks in advance!

eileen

Hi Ibelle,

I booked HIPV for my wedding dinner in May this year. We chose it cos hubby like the food and the ballroom looks nice too. After we booked we happened to be invited to a wedding dinner there and I felt the food was pretty good..service ok and also they say they will change plate after the dishes with bones.

However, the ballroom is not that big and for 40 tables they will open up another room I think and there are 2 big pillars in the ballroom and so I have to choose a shorter march-in route for the stage will be centralised and for the pillars not to block too many of my guests (there are 2 arrangement for the stage, and the other with the longer march-in route with the stage at one side will block more guest)..8(

The last time I went, the air-con broke down and I have heard my friends complained about them. I have checked with the hotel and they say it has been fixed so I hope it will be ok on the actual day...

How much is the 2002 pkg? mine is 678 nett.

ibelle

Hi Eileen,

I intend to hold my wedding on a weekend so it would be $718nett for yr 2002. Actually, I am considering either Holiday Inn or Westin. Westin's package is definitely more exp ($779 plus GST) but I have M'sia relatives coming so it is very convenient for them. I have only abt 25 tables so either of the above hotel can fit my requirement.

Congrats to you getting married in May this yr. I will be holding mine in June 2002. Date is not fixed yet as the Chi almanac not out yet.

Btw, who did you look to get your wedding date?

elsie

hi eileen, u booked HIPV too...so conicidence...

gals, i'm holding it there in Dec 2001...& my weekend package was $678nett initially...but as we change part of the menu, they chg'g us $726nett now...so far, i din heard much negative comments abt HIPV...except for aircon. a frenz of mine went there for dinner & commented that aircon not cold...i think it's the crystal chandelier dat makes the aircon seems not cold enough...eileen, prob u can asked them to lower the temp...

ibelle, westin definitely much ex than HIPV...it's $170+ per table extra after all +++...it all depend on ur budget & perference of the ballroom...did u check out westin's ballroom...we love HIPV ballroom @ the 1st sight...so we booked HIPV & change the menu...

ibelle

Hi elsie

Yah, I know Westin is exp but my husband and I went to look at the ballrooms and we like it very much esp the Stamford Ballroom. But Westin cannot give me the Stamford Ballroom 'cos I have only abt 25 tables and they can 'sell' the entire stamford ballrm to couples who have at least 35 tables. However, they will reserve for me the Canning ballrm first and if nobody happens to book the Stamford Ballroom on our wedding date, they will give it to us.

I think HIPV is quite a gd choice but too bad my M'sia relatives do not kn where it is and I do want to have to appoint friends to drive them there...that sort of thing.

Have you attended any weddings in Westin? How was the fd & service? From what I read in this forum, the fd & svs seems quite inconsistent.

elsie

hi ibelle,

my suggestion only huh...prob, u can hire a bus to pick them all up at ur hse...provided they all can come out in time oso lar. like my aunt did it previously, it easy & can make sure all turn up in time for the dinner....tho' she doesn't have any m'sia relatives...& most of her relatives arrived @ her hse around afternoon for tea ceremony...

too bad, didn't have a chance to attend any weddings in Westin...couldn't tell the fd & svc, like u too, read in this forum...thus, didn't check the hotel up when i book my banquet...good food is the priority for my MIL, while good ambience is ours...*wink*

eileen

Hi gals,

Elsie.....so coincidence!! Hehe..great minds think alike 8). Did you ask for seat cover? I exchanged the photography and make-up for that.

Ibelle - sorry din have a chance to go Westin for wedding dinner too..I am also planning to get transport for my guest to HIPV too..in case they go to the HI at scotts road..hehe..(elsie, remember to remind your guest that). I read in this forum before that there is a wedsite www.chineseforturecalendar.com so maybe you could check that out. I chose mine just because that date was available in May 8).

elsie

hi eileen,

oh yes~! great minds think alike.
happy.gif
i exchanged for the seat covers with those too. hey, what color table cloth u using for the VIP tables...they have the mustard & red one, rite? celes told me that most couples using red one, chinese mah...short or long walk-in for u? was told oso that more tables will get to see the stage for a short walk-in...but i wanted the long one...'coz the gown that i like got long train. i'm planning to get transport too...can save the parking coupons for our friends & colleagues as most of them drove, while relatives can arrive together in time for dinner...thanks for reminding me of other HI, nearly forgot..

ibelle,
my MIL got the fortune teller to choose the date for us...if u want let me know, i will email the contact to u...

eileen

Hi elsie,

Din know about the color of the table cloth, but most prob would choose the red one (my parents prefer the pink invitation card to the cream or lighter color one so I better choose red..hehe). I will be choosing the the short march-in so that more guest can see the stage and also..i got less chance to trip...haha....

elsie

eileen, i actually wanted the mustard color...thot it will match with the golden ribbon on the seat cover, i think they'll have golden ribbon tied on the VIP chairs...but parents sure want the red ones...i guess, i might have to give in...as for the invitation cards, i haven't confirm yet since my wedding is end of the year...was told that they might be getting a new design...they did show me the current one...i oso prefer the pink...cream one doesn't bring out the design well...as what i think...

searching

Hi Eileen,

Are u still in this forum? Have u had ur wedding dinner at HIPV already?

Would like to know about how is the food and service there like?

appreciate all the feedbacks, thanks.

happy

Hi Searching,

Just want to share my experience with you coz I've just held my wedding dinner at HIPV in mid July 01.
I personally feels that the service & food was excellent although I did not get to taste all the food on that day!! The captain esp. did a very good job in controlling the table arrangements + beer replenishment.
They even bring us complimentary food after the dinner + the bill to our room...
Just note that if you are taking the short march-in, do walk slowly as it's really quite short and without knowing, you're already on stage... Hence, to prolong your wedding song, take your time to walk...
Hopes this gives you some ideas....

L

levi

Hi happy,

Glad that u recommended HIPV. i am gg to have my wedding dinner in dec 02 there. who was yr captain? was it a chinese guy or the malay guy? who was yr wedding coordinator?

cynthia

Hi Happy,

Glad to know that you are a happy customer of HIPV. I am to have my wedding dinner in the coming Sept. Hope to have the same kind of service and food that you have. Infact my family and in-laws are already quite satified with their service and food when we had our food tasting few weeks ago.
Btw, did any of your guests complain that the food was too salty?

Cheers,
Cynthia

dove

hi HIPV brides,

Glad to hear good comments abt HIPV as I am pretty interested in them too . Can anyone share with me what to bargain for and who is the most friendly and negotiable banquet staff there?

happy

Hello Levi, Cynthia & Dove,

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!!

If I'm not wrong, the captain's name should be Kelvin/Kevin, something like that... but you will be very nervous on that day and can hardly remember their names or faces...!!
My wedding planner is Celes, she is okay, but not very flexible... like giving the seat cover free. In the contract, it was stated $3 per seat cover, wanted her to include into the package but she is not willing and in the end, she quote us $1.50 per seat cover instead.
My dinner was held on a Mon and the package was $583 nett includes the seat cover.
I've got very good comments on the food from my guests. I don't think anybody complain about the food too salty.
Actually when I had my food tasting, I've added comments on those food that I think is not too good. They noted all these comments and did what I asked for on my actual day dinner, I think that is very good!!

Dove, if I'm not wrong, they only have 1 wedding planner and her name is Celes. Are you planning yours next yr? If so, I think the package price is slightly higher than this yr, but they include snacks for you just before the dinner starts and the seat covers are also included as well.
Check it out!!

dove

hi happy,

thanks for your comments. I am looking at weekend. The latest price I have gotten from them was Sun - $688, Sat - $728 & weekday - $638.

What else did you manage to bargain from them?? extra nite at their bridal suite? free food tasting?

unique

To All Who Have Doubts About HIPV,

Let me just ensure those who have doubts abt HIPV.

Their food and serve are good. I have attended wedding dinners a few year back and I would say that their food and service is v.gd.

Even though it has been so many yrs back their food is still v.gd cos I have attended a wedding dinner recently and the hotel is still providing v.gd food and svc.

So for those who are holding their wedding dnr there, not to worry cos their Ops Mgr/Asst Ops Mgr provide a v.gd service too.

happy

Hi Dove,

You're welcome!

Actually the package for weekdays is rather reasonable considering their good food & service.

Other then the seat cover, there isn't any thing that I bargain for coz the package also includes a barrel of beer (20L). Like I say, the wedding planner, Celes is not very flexible...
lame.gif

No, I did not ask for extra nite coz I went for a short honeymoon the next day...

Maybe you can try your luck
happy.gif

cynthia

Hi Happy,

I believe I have the same package as you. Mine is on a Thursday night. May I know how much beer did your guests consume? I have around 250-280 guest.
Btw, when is the latest that you have to confirm your no. of tables with Celes?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Cynthia

dove

hi happy,

Thanx...will drop by one of these days to take a look at their ballroom and talk to Celes.

happy

Hi Cynthia,

Excluding the free barrel, we opened 2 more barrels of 20L & 30L respectively.
My total no. of guests was 310.
You can get back to her latest 1 week be4 your wedding day.
Anyway, don't worry, I believe you can break even or make a profit.
FYI, I'd made a profit of est.$7,000...
happy.gif

Relax & have fun..
smile.gif

dove

hi happy,

how many ballroom do they have?? I am looking at abt 28 tables. Have you heard of Eugenia Gn??

jan

Dear ladies,
I've been following d topic. Fm wat I know, Celest is no longer working in HIPV.
There shld be 2 other coordinators. Hope this help in yr planning.

shane

Dear Ladies

Good News ! I went to meet up with Eugenia and was informed that there will be a bridal show on the 16 September 2001, Sunday, 2-5pm. She has also given me the promotional packages which are valid from 16 - 30 September. The prices are $599 nett and $649 nett. I think it is a very good deal. I have already signed up to attend the bridal show.

Shane

happy

Hi Dove,

Sorry for the late reply coz I was on medical leave for a week.

HIPV has only 1 (big) ballroom called Crystal Ballroom which can accommodate to your requirement. For my case, I've 31 confirmed tables + 2 reserve.

Cheers!
Happy

dove

hi happy,

I hope you are feeling better now. What happen to you?? 1 week MC, sounds serious.

Is your co-ordinator Celest?? I think they have 2 co-ordinators, Jasmine & Eugenia. Hav you ever liaise with anyone of them b4??

Can anyone comment on the 2 co-ordinators? I am not a good bargainer so would prefer to have someone that is friendly and easy to talk to.

sugarchoc

Hi Dove

Try talking to Jasmine. She's very soft-spoken and pleasant to work with. So far, she has been pretty accomodating and is not the pushy-pushy type.

HIPV's wedding pkgs are really a good-value-for-money deal. The crystal ballroom looks really nice and romantic when its all decked out. That was the deciding factor when I was choosing my venue, it was like "wow"!

Good luck!

jan

Hi ladies,
I'm also going to d HIPV's wedding show. Actually, i missed d previous fair held at Suntec which also offers d same package. This time, I'm definately not going 2 miss again. Like wat sugarchoc said, it's really a v attractive package along orchard rd.

Levi,
u agree? Hope u r still in d forum!

Jan

dove

hi sugarchoc,

Thanx for recommendating Jasmine. Will look for her when negotiating the contract. Are you a HIPV bride too??

dove

hi sugarchoc,

hmmm...so glad to find a HIPV bride..at least can trust her comments
happy.gif

so when is your wedding? I think mine would be somewhere early 2003. Kinda long har? dunno whether to place my deposit with HIPV first or wait and see somemore venues but HIPV promotion is too attractive to be miss. How?

H

hipv

Hi dove,

Your wedding still seems quite far away. I would advice that you look around first before booking. Further, the hotels are always holding promotion every few months. So no hurry.

Anyway, I only book with HIPV a couple of months back and my wedding is in a couple of months down the road. that means I only book and placed my deposit with them 5 months prior to my wedding.

dove

hi hipv,

Thanks for your advise. Actually, I kinda worried that I might not get this same kind of deal again and the dates that I want might be booked. Wat a dilemma. Anyway, will seek my parents and hubby's opinions before making any decision.

carol

hi, all brides-to be:
I'm also very keen on booking HIPV as my wedding banquet for next year. I'm going to the wedding show this sun. Maybe we will meet up there.
Well, I''ve heard quite a lot of good comments about HIPV. My hubby and I like the crystal ballroom very much.
Hi Dove and Sugarchoc:
When's your wedding?
Maybe we can share some other view about HIPV.
Regards:
Carol

dove

hi carol,

my wedding will be somewhere early 2003. Havent decide on which day cos' now is the seventh mth so cannot pick dates for wedding.

what abt you? got your date? So far, I know nuts abt the HIPV, I haven't seen their ballroom yet so cannot comment on it. I was oso wondering how to drive there. I mean I know the place but dunno which carpark is nearer to the hotel? Centrepoint?

carol

Hi Dove,
Yes I've got my date, It will be in July 21
I intended to book 25 tables in crystal ballroom(level 2)
Well, I've seen their ballroom, I feel that it is nice with the crystal lights but I do heard from my friends that it's rather hot during the dinner and most probably due to the crystal lights above.
I guess we will have to take note of that during the wedding show.
Btw, I didn't drive there during my last trip and I'll check out with Eugenia about that, will keep you informed.
Regards:
Carol

sugarchoc

Hi Dove & Carol

My wedding's this 16 Dec'01. So far, I've not gotten any bad feedback or horrible cmmts abt the food, co-ordinators or the ballroom.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed till my wedding day's over!

The only thingy that is wurrying me now is the "temp" in the ballroom. Issit really that "hot"? Hmmm...must remember to call Jasmine and ask her abt the air-con.

Cheerios!

dove

hi Sugarchoc,

Wow! your wedding is ard the corner. Must be very exciting huh?

hi carol,
I am oso thinking of 25 tables. I heard from this forum that there are 3 pillars in the ballroom (quite alot). I wonder how does the pillars look like and whether any tables will be block?

L

levi

Hi Jan, dove and carol,

Did u gals manage to go down to take a look at the HIPV wedding road show? how was it? what does your package include? how much does it cause? i kaypo lah.. i also HIPV bride. booked my package with them some time in June i think. the last wedding road show that they had at suntec, i went down and i paid a deposit a day later.

Hi sugarchoc,

looks like we got the same taste. both of us are gg to stay in punggol and we both have our wedding banquet at the same place. know what! we got the same wedding coordinator too!!

Okay ppl, just like what sugarchoc said, go and look for jasmine as your wedding coordinator. she is really much better than celes. i really did not like celes cos she was terribly rude. Jasmine is really much better!! go for her!!

dove

hi Levi,

Hey! I oso applied for Punggol21 but not yet get my keys. Where are you guys staying? I think mine is blk 160++ (must check with hubby)

The wedding show is on this coming Sunday.

carol

Hi Dove, Sugarchoc, Jan:
I've missed the road show eariler on, I've seen the ballroom & there are 3 pillars. Well the blockage will depend on the setting of the stage which means one setting at the far end of the ballroom and the other at the side.
What I found out is that for 25 tables like us, there shouldn't be any problem cos' there are space for table to be place at the right angle. why don't we take a closer look this sunday.

Hi Levi:
HIPV is offering $599(weekdays); $649(weekends)
free flow of beer, free seats covers.
I wonder how much deposit is required?
Is the bill settle on after the banquet or the next day?

Thanks & Regards:
Carol

sugarchoc

Allo Allo

Hi Levi : Wat a coincidence!!!Mabbe we'll chance upon each other in Punggol someday! Did u get the pkg at promotion rate? Can I noe your pkg dtls? Thanks hor :->

Hi Carol : My selected block is 641C, I think that plot of land is pretty close to yours!

Hi Dove : Hehehe...getting a lil' excited but I think it'll be with nervousnous once its like 1 mth or so b'4 my wedding!

Am I the first to get married at HIPV this year? If I am...will update all of u!!!

Cheerios!

S

sp

Hi Carol

The deposit required is $2060 nett and the bill have to be settled at the end of the event.
I will be confirming my banquet at the bridal show, so I can be entitled to the lucky draw. I may get lucky and win some thing.
By the way, my consultant is Eugenia, very helpful and pleasant, much better than Celes. That's one factor why we confirm our wedding at HIPV, the ballroom is nice and grand and our consultant has the plus factor that made us so comfortable to talk to her and she's very personalised. She really put our mind at ease on how to go about preparing for our wedding.
I think this wedding package is really a very good deal and the new setup is fantastic.

See you ladies at the bridal show!

SP

J

jimmymay

HI, I am also a HIPV bride. Wedding on 22 Feb 02. ROM is 20-02-2002. I just love the dates. Also worrying that I might not be able to obatin the dates for my ROM.

I have seen the crystal ballroom and thats why I chose the place plus the deal is real good.

So far, I have a friend who got married there early this year and had very good comments about them. This is also the reason why I chose the place.

I will also be going down this Sun for the bridal show... Hope to see you gals there.

carol

HI SP:
Congarts!
Woh, you're a HIPV bride too, I'll be confirming my booking with them this sunday too.
Btw, when's your wedding? Good Luck in yr wedding planning. It's really great to meet up with so many HIPV bride, it really boost up my confidence to sign up with them.

Hi Jimmy:
Congrats to yr coming wedding?
How's your planning going on?
Btw, I wonder if you're able to choose the design of the invitation card or is there just one design Available?

Regards:
Carol

J

jimmymay

I have booked my bridal package, book my banquet, tailor made my shoe, MTM gown is ready by end Sep. food tasting in Nov. What else need to be done??
As for the invitation cards, I was told by Jasmine that I can go down to the printer shop to choose my design. The sample of the card that I have was a cream, simple square card