Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

bear

Hi all

Agnes
bounce.gif

, long time never talk to you, my ICQ never install properly, so cannot run... lazy to fix it too, now on MSN

Wedding is getting nearer, finished my PS, getting the completed albums in march 3rd.

Got my wine for $20( french wine... kinda of kanna conned ... sian )

How are you getting on ? Hubby fine ?

Dear Absolut curant

I got the chopsticks from the hotel, why dun like ? I think the brown is traditional & quite zen leh.. But i dun like the HIPV tag, so I sent it together to T dragoon( when printing my wedding cards) to print a personalised tag for me... plus tying , they charge me $130 ( chopsticks)

my wedding cards is about $300

jas77

Hi Yan,

I agree with the gals here that HIPV's food is excellent (even the left over I ate is yummy!)
However, there's pillars in the ballroom and one part of the ballroom has low ceiling. I suggest that u make an appointment with the coordinators there to take a look at the ballroom.
For me, I really like the ambience of the ballroom and my guests commented that it's very cosy and at the same time grand. u don't have to worry about their service, they really provide excellent service! My coordinator was Jasmine.

Hi absolut_curant,
I got the chopsticks as wedding favours. All my guest like it very much! They comment that it's quite special.

seraphim1970

I have to agree with the other girls that the chopstick giveaway is really nice and my guests loved it to! When my grand-aunt saw it, she was all smiles, she intepreted to my hubby (he is ang mo) that chopstick is 'kwa zi' in chinese and it means 'fast to have son' and also chopsticks comes in a 'pair' which in chinese is 'suang suang tui tui', that was really cool.
17448.jpg
17449.gif

yan

Hi gals

Wow, so many good commemts about HIPV! So I have arranged to meet up with Eugenia. Will keep u all updated! Does HIPV have limited parking space?

Seraphim: You r lucky to get the $590 net package during the bridal show. Now the 8 course dinner on wkday cost $638.

bear

Yan

yes, that I think is a big headache, the parking is limited

Anyone can advise me of the alternative parking space ? mine is in march

Wow, the package now as $638, I got mine for $599 net, book last year
, but I need to add $10 for the drunken prawns and additonal few hundreds for the malay/vegetarian

S

sp

Hi all
long time no logged on to chit chat already, was out stationed and busy busy lor.
Happy to see so many new comers and old timers still around to give good advise and comments, me too, all thumbs up for HIPV.
If i remember correctly, they only have about 160 plus parking lots, should be quite sufficient liao, but alternatively, your guests may park at starhub centre or centrepoint lor.

SP

jenn

Hi, I'm new to this forum... Called Eugenia after reading all these good comments, and she's really very nice....

Visited the place, but the lights seem a bit dim... will they turn up the lights for the on the actual wedding dinner?

Did anyone of you have problems with the pillars? I am afraid that the guests sitting beyong the pillars will feel kinda 'left out' you know...

I am thinking of having about 33 tables and worry that some tables will be blocked by the pillars...

orchid

Hi BEAR,

wow, you got a really good deal!!! mine was $649 nett last Sep. but lots of freebies. maybe now economy bad so they lower their price.. ? you'll not regret it!!!!

the carpark space is quite sufficient. even if your guests forget to bring the coupon, they just need to tell them that they are here for the wedding and they get free parking. but ask them to bring the invitation card in case.

Hi Jenn,

the pillars were not much of a problem. if you want less blockage, use the short aisle.

orchid

oh... do make use of the bath tub!!! they provide bath salts & foam bath in the suite. really relaxing to soak in the warm bath after the wedding is done.

S

sp

I think that's the promo package that you're talking about, the $599 nett and $649 nett,now the price has gone back to normal now i think, unless they're having some kind of promo again. Nevertheless, we got a very good deal back then. I paid slightly more than the $649 nett package as I have a change in the menu and mine was a weekend lor. I still feel it's cheap compared to other hotels.

SP

absolut_curant

I'm still thinking whether to use their chopsticks as further to my calculation, i'm forking out $20K after minus all the red packets that i'm going to take back!

In case anyone is wondering why so much, it's because:-
1) We got church wedding which amounts to $2K
2) My family taking 7 tables at approx. $4K worth of red packets
3) Alcohol amounts to almost $2.5K
and so on..

Anyone had church wedding in the afternoon and dinner at HIPV? If have, can share your financial details?

seraphim1970

Well I made a big $$$ lost for the whole wedding lah but lucky the dinner no 'lugi' lor. I had a church wedding previous day. I think all in all, I spent about almost $30,000 for the whole wedding, I stopped counting before I had a heart-attack.
uhoh.gif
Oh well, it happens only once in a lifetime.
wink.gif

yan

Hi Jenn

I have also visited the place. Think the lights are ok. Really like the ballroom. Very grand. Tinking of having my wedding end of the year. U leh?

Hi Orchid

Yours was $649net for wkday or wkend? 8 or 9 course dinner?

Now I am thinking of choosing between M Hotel and HIPV. Like M Hotel cos the bridal suite is very nice and the Hotel is new after renovation. HIPV is gd from all your feedback. Headache leh.

jenn

Hi Yan
I am planning early 2004 wedding! ;p
My sis is having her wedding at M Hotel in early March. Think they have a ballroom on 10F that is quite nice and exclusive rite? But hers will be at the function room... update you after that's over!

Anyway I am realy tempted to choose HIPV because of all the very good comments and the price as well. But at the same time considering Amara (new and modern deco, but defintely more ex!). What do ya gals think?

pooh

Hi Carol, Orchid and SP,

like to check with u gals did u hve photo montage during ur wedding?

If i have one i must rent the projector from HIPV rite? How much is the rental fee?

Now i have another headache. Does it matter that both my WG and EG is bustier? I tried others like Halter but it does not suit be. Hubby find bustier suit me best so ask me to have both in bustier. Any advise?

yan

Hi Jenn

Ya, the 10th floor function room of M Hotel is very nice. Remember to update me when the wedding is over cos I need to confirm which hotel to choose asap.

Due to gd comments from the HIPV brides about the food, friendly co-ordinator etc, I am tempted to give it a try too!

I have been to Amara for my company D & D lst year. The foyer is nice but the ceiling is a bit low. But overall tink still ok. My fren is having her wedding there tis year May.

Hi Pooh

I am planning to hve photo montage during my wedding too. Heard from Eugenia that the hotel does not have a projector. The rental of projector is $350. To save cost, you can borrow from your company if it has one. I am intending to do that
happy.gif

orchid

Hi absolut currunt,

I had a church wedding with recep (400 pax, catered for 350 pax @ $15/pax) and HIPV dinner (26 tbls) on the same day.

We spent abt $30K in total. Our ang baos managed to cover the church recep & the HIPV dinner - abt $20K. on the rest of the wedding stuff:
gown & suit package, studio/outdoor/day photography, church rental, flowers, hair/makeup for mothers & bridesmaids, gifts & angbaos for helpers.

orchid

Hi Yan,

Mine was a weekend wedding (saturday), 9 course dinner. the food is the best!!!! free flow beer, alcohol corkage was waived - includes wine, hard liquor, champagne.

Hi pooh,

I didn't do a photo montage. it was $350 for rental of projector.

would be good if the WG & EG have different designs so that there's a change. you can wear something with spaghetti straps? or if you really want bustier, then maybe if your WG is a bustier ballgown or A-line, your EG can be bustier with straight cut with a slit. the neckline can also be different - if WG neckline is straight cut bustier, your EG neckline can be a heartshaped bustier or scooped?

stars

Hi Orchid
How are you? So long never see you leh. I thiough you not coming in here already. SO nice to see you.
Carol ? You still come in?

stars

absolut_curant

Hi Orchid, wow your wedding reception at the church is really crowded. I'm only expecting 150 guests at mine. I called up Kriston Catering and price is at $10/pax for min. 100 pax. We're looking at finger food, not curry and stuffs like that which is quite difficult to eat. Still thinking whether to sign up with them.

Orchid, did you print your own church song book? I'm thinking of making full use of the office facility :p

Lucky my sister-in-law is helping me with the ring pillow and even offered to help with the entire church decorations. Just wondering if the church will allow us to do it cos' they gave us a list of florist, caterers etc and we have to use theirs.

pooh

Hi Orchid,
i tried on the spaghetti straps and halter. I look quite big size in those gowns due to my broad shoulders.

My hubby think bustier look the best. We think of having diff backing also. EG might be using string to tie one. And thinking of having diff neckline also.

Thanks so much for ur advise.
happy.gif

seraphim1970

Hi absolut_curant, I used Smiling Orchid for my wedding reception and I heard from my guests (poor bride never got to taste any, had to go hungry ... heh heh) that the food was yummy and also the wedding cake I ordered from them was good. I like their presentation and also the table decor, very pretty.

orchid

Hi absolut curant,

ya, we had a huge church wedding. we invited our colleagues, friends & parents' friends to the church wedding cos we wanted a smaller dinner for relatives and close friends only. also cheaper that way.

Kriston's food was great!! i had all finger food for mine. I took the $15 cocktail reception menu because there were more varieties and they used real cutlery. we got our reception coordinator to ta-bao a pack of food for us - starving by the time we got to the hotel at 4pm. their service was excellent, setup also very nice!! i was able to pay them using credit card over the phone straight after the wedding reception.

We did not print our church bulletin on our own.
our bulletin was designed by a friend & printed by another friend (Process Media: 98502406).

But i did my own cards. printed all the inserts on HP deskjet color printer, cut & tied ribbons. my room was like a workshop!!

orchid

Hi absolut curant again,

abt the flowers.... you'll need to check with your church if the flowers are included in the price for rental.

for my church only the church floral committee is allowed to do the flower decorations because it would be used for next day's sunday service. the price for floral decor is included in the rental already. we can request the colours we want but not the specific flower. we are allowed to do our own pew flowers though, but must remove them after the wedding.

Hi stars,

ya, didn't come into this thread for some time. until my eyes pop out when i saw the $599 nett pakage!! heheh...

jas

Hi ladies,

I'm also interested in HIVP, my wedding will be in next year maybe Feb or March.

Does anyone here have the wedding packages for year 2004. I did email Eugenia last month and ask for the quotation for year 2004 but she said it is till not ready yet and will email to me once it's approved by her boss.

But gals do you think I should keep waiting until she gets back to me or I ask her again?... Please help.

absolut_curant

Hi Orchid,

Nope the price for the flowers are not included, have to liaise with the florist ourselves. By the way, did you buy your own inserts? Cos the card is 3-way fold and expect us to print on the card itself without any inserts. Find it really ugly to have cards without inserts.

Hi Jas,

I think you should just wait for her and email her again end of this week if you still don't receive it. I thought you can use this year's price to sign up for next year?
By the way, do consider Marina Mandarin too, as they are having promotion right now. Price is only about $30 difference from HIPV. I'd have take MM if i have not attended 4 weddings there last year.

S

sp

hi pooh

It's better to get your own projector and laptop, the hotel has to rent these equipment and the charges are to you.

I think if your hubby thinks you look good in bustier, take WG & EG with the bustier design rather than somenting different and unsuitable to you. You can always choose a different colour and jewellery to match lor.

hi Jas
Why not email Eugenia again to see if the package is ready or not ? Can check with her also whether if there's any promo coming up, if can wait then wait for the promo package, it's very worthwhile.

SP

jas

Hi Gals, thanks for your reply

I think I'll take action again, in fact the first time I call her was last year... November I think ... but she said the calendar for year 2004 is not out yet, so she could not make any arrangements with me but she told me to check back with her again next year 2003, so I emailed her again in January but still she told me is not ready yet and she gave me a promise that she will definitely come back to me once she got the quotations for year 2004...until now I'm still waiting... and she didn't mention that I can use this year's price to sign up for next year, actually I did thought of that, but since she didn't mention to me so no point I ask her...

Actually I'm not angry, but I really want to know what keeping them so long? Some hotels out there have already open up bookings for year 2004, like M hotel, Conrad, Hotel Inter-Con, Furama....

So Gals must keep me update o.k if you've the quotations for year 2004, I think I will call her again soon.

Hi absolut curant
The Marina Mandarin promotion that you've mentioned to me is actually for year 2003 only, but anyway thanks for your concern. Last year I've been to a wedding dinner in Marina Mandarin, I quite like the place too... but my heart just fall for HIVP.... BTW when is your wedding? over already?

Hi SP
thanks for your help, o.k I'll call and check with her again and also check whether if there's any promo coming up.

pooh

Hi SP,
thanks for advise. Will try to source for my own projector and laptop.

Considering taking both bustier. Hubby say it not fashion show dun need diff design. Important is look gd and feel comfortable.
happy.gif

orchid

HI absolut curant,

yes, the cards were abit plain. i did my own inserts. used white-cream metallic paper from Azone, printed on the paper and pasted it in the middle portion with double sided tape. strung an organza ribbon through the card and tied a bow in front so it looks like a present (cut 2 slits in middle portion and string the ribbon through - the ribbon will be hidden under the insert). the bow in front is just under the embossed 'Wedding Invitation'.

absolut_curant

Hi Jas,
My wedding is in July 03. Very anxious
happy.gif

Hi Orchid,
That's exactly what my friend did for his wedding at Apollo. I find it very nice also, but quite a lot of work. And worried that the slits will not be consistent.

orchid

Hi absolut curant,

yeps, it was alot of work!!
sad.gif

but well worth it!!! cos it's very nice. i felt really good when i could tell my friends that i actually made it.
happy.gif

don't worry just use a ruler & your agar-ation. hehe..

jenn

Hi Jas,

I think the 2004 packages will only be out in end Feb 2003. That's wat Eugenia told me too... so dun worry. I believe she wiill really get back to us once its out (I waiting too, but have already reserved my date as mine is in Jan 2004).

bear

Hi all

I been to my food tasting last night for 6 course, attendees are 7 adults and 2 small children

Portion indeed is v good, quality good, taste is good too

Shld really try the live prawns,, really fresh

One note : the fish that was given is a lower grade kind of fish, most of my guest dun really like

But i guess it is paying peanuts, get peanuts, cannot expect much too

jas

Hi ladies good morning ;)

Hi absolut curant,
happy.gif
So happy for you, congratulates! Your wedding is only about 5 months away, I'm anxious for you too. How many tables did you book? When do you confirm the no. of tables? About 1 month before your wedding?

Hi Jenn,
o.k lor let's wait until end Feb, I believe she'll keep her promise, thanks for your info
happy.gif
Wah! you so fast reserved your date already, did you look at the tongshu for your date? Actually I wanted to select my own date too (same day as my ROM), but my mum said that later if I find out that the date I selected is not good for wedding, I may not be happy too... But I understand that the tongshu will only be out at around May or June so I'm stuck in between... So if once Eugenia come back to me for the 2004 packages I've to make decision already.

pooh

Hi gals,
my wedding is June 03.

Hi Bear,
i think my menu dun have the live prawns. May i know how much is ur package which come with the live prawns?

Mine is a 8 course dinner on a Sunday..

Hi jas,
i think tongshu wont be out until late July or Aug. Cos last yr is abt this timing if i am not wrong.

bear

Hi pooh

Mine is the $599 nett package, need to top up $10 for the live prawns, it is worth it ladies ! The best seller from the hotel !

Absolut curant

They gave me seabass, ladies, seabass is a not so good choice, to top up to garoupa, they charged me $15 nett. what package u holding ?

me only 30 tables. By right , $599 package, no food tasting one

pooh

Hi Bear,
mine same as yours. $599 nett.

Hi absolut_curant,
how much is ur package? Why yours change to Garoupa no charges? Who u sign the package with?

absolut_curant

Hi Bear and Pooh, my package is $739 for Saturday so it already come with Garoupa initially.

We extend the ballroom to 1am so it's additional $400+++ per hour. We let go of the abalone and garoupa change to seabass to exchange for free flow of beer from 11pm to 1am. After some persuasion, she secretly changed ours back to Garoupa.

jenn

Hi Jas,
My bf and his mum went to this temple and got the person in charge there to read the tong shu. Coz its early Jan, which is still Year of Goat, its the same at the 2003 tong shu. That's why can settle date earlier!
happy.gif

Bear & Pooh,
You all beri lucky hor, got good deal at $599 nett. I looking at weekend, so no chooice, gotta pay premium. Sigh.... all the hotels keep increasing their prices year after year.... better hurry up book! hehe....

Did anyone manage to get free 2nd night stay additional to your package? Does anyone have about 35 tables and opting for the shorter march-in?

bear

Jenn

ya, me and Pooh were quite lucky to get this package last year

Pooh, is yours June 1st ? Coz I swap my June date to a March date with a couple...hahaha....could it be you ?

Ask u something ah,.... how to do payment for the bill upon checking out ? they insist that I have to pay upon completion of dinner.... But i want to count my angpow slowly and use cash to pay instead of cards

I am not getting credit extenstion... just using my cards, breaking down into 3-4 cards, Is this ok ?

pooh

Hi Bear,
no lar I am not. My wedding on mid June actually wan Mid May but taken up liao.

so ur wedding is next mth? How the prep?

I am going to pay by credit card then count the angbao next day. I think i will be too tired to count the angbao on that day.

U can check with the hotel are u able to pay by 3 or 4 cards. So far i did heard ppl paying by 2 cards but not more then that.

Hi Chopstick,
the $599 is the promo price. Not sure whether is it still on.

jas77

Hi Bear,

Ya, u can pay by 3 or 4 credit cards, but I'm not sure if you can pay the next day before u check out. Jasmine told us to pay after the dinner and we just pay lor. Anyway after the wedding, I'm so tired that I just want to sleep. The Ang Baos are taken back by our parents to count and to record down how much each relative gave.

Hi Jenn,

I had 34 tables and I opted for the short walk-in. But after the dinner I kinda regret my decision cos the march-in was really short and the guest at the side of the stage couldn't see our slide show. Initially I wanted the short walk-in cos I thought that not so many people will be blocked by the pillars. But in the end, seems like my friends who sat at the side of the ballroom (along the aisle) are blocked by the candle stand!
sad.gif

yan

Hi Bear

Good to hear that the live prawns are nice. Any other dishes that u tink is nice? Most likely, I will be considering HIPV since the comments from all of you are favourable
happy.gif

Jenn,

So u have confirmed the booking with HIPV for next year?

Looking for actual day photographers. Anyone to recommend?

bear

hI yAN

Almost all dishes are good, portion is good, i tasted 6 dishes, I had 7 adults & 2 small kids with me, The vegetable is nice ( mixed vege wrapped in beancurd skin) but I dun know as my package is of a lower value, so your dish might be more " class & upgraded" as compared to my package .

Hi Jas77,

I will just wat u say but I think I too excited or agony to sleep, die die also must count the $ before we sleep, worse come to worse, sleep with the ang pows !
biggrin.gif

Initially, like U i too opt for the short march in, decided to change to the longer one as it is easier to chose songs

Hi Pooh

Aiyo, next month wedding, early march then say lor, I cannot be really bothered too, very sian. Just collcted my chopsticks & cards printing from T dragon ( $415), Monday an chuang lor.... then got to distribute cards by March 1

Ladies, tell u something, My custom made gown's design had not been thought of yet ! hahah, so late hor. Dun know what to wear.... Got my own scrapbook of all gowns, postures...., never really go and look.

Wedding... aiyo, headache/....... but planning is fun... actual day not fun

jenn

Hi Jas77,
Ya, I agree that the candle stands a bit too high. I prefer the longer march-in, but then the ballroom seems slightly lopsided that way.

Hi Yan,
No, haven confirm booking yet. Place tentative booking only. Afterall they will keep the date for your till such time when some other couple comes along and intends to confirma and pay deposit. So I thot no hurry.
happy.gif