Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

carol

Hello SP,
Welcome back!!!

12938.gif

So glad to hear that your wedding went on so smoothly. Well you really deserved that!

So now, you must be very happy and glad about everything, althought everythings might be over but I'm sure that kind of special feeling & sweet memories will remain in your life forever.

CONGRATS!

12939.gif

SP, enjoy your married life & do pop in for a chat with us here. We'll miss YOU!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

pooh

Hi Carol and SP,
can i check wat is the wedding theme u have for ur wedding?

Did u gals use all white table cloth or with the brown paste wan? Wat colour swan?

Soori so many question cos i am thinking of the colour for my EG so wan to check this out how u gals can help.

May i know wat colour is ur EG?

Thanks

jas77

Hi Carol and SP,

I would also like to check did u gals select the music for the march in, the first dish presentation and throughout the dinner yourselves, or did u just leave it to the hotel?

orchid

Hi Jas,

I had the music co-ord to be safe. I cut a CD for songs to be played the whole night (incl. the 2 entrances) left the 1st dish to the hotel.

My wedding was in Sep. Yes, the day room was big enough cos the people come & go. not all were in the room at the same time. also some of my friends were hanging around in my room.

There's another door at the back - are you refering to that door when u say 'side' door? it's not vv appropriate cos it looks like you're entering from the back door.

For table cloth, I used the white with brown table runner going through the middle of the table, and opted for the red & gold VIP tbl.

agnes

Carol.. I have the same theme too!! I also opt for alternate chair hood. My guest love the settings and food. I missed the food cos I didnt get to eat after the 2nd dish.
sad.gif

Oh one very important comment... the guests think the herbal prawns are GREAT!!!!! My relatives and friends are still talking about the good food there!!

orchid

Hi agnes,

Didn't they send the food up to you after the wedding??

They sent up 2 servings of all the dishes that we missed, and all heated up & nicely displayed. so we got to eat the food! it was really yummy. great midnight snack.

carol

Hi Jas,
We selected all the songs ourselves, & bring our own CDs.

Hi Angnes,
Like what Orchid mentioned, they brought the food(heat up)to our bridal room. It was really great, we finished all of it because we were so hungry & was really yummy!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

agnes

Orchid & Carol...

yes they send the food up to the room but cold already not so nice. Worst the quantity so little, not enuff to eat. I end up eating my hubby's prawns & fish (he was drunk & sleeping like a pig).

In the morning, when hubby eat his food, he wonder why his plate have no prawns & fish.

carol

Haha Anges,
The prawns was really yummy! I can still remember the taste.

For me, We finished everything, including the breakfast which was brought to us.

13066.gif

orchid

Hi agnes,

You mean your husband ate the wedding food the next morning??? wouldn't it be too gross already??? yeeks!

Hi carol,

the breakfast was really good ya??? and so many things!!! we had wine with it too - half opened bottles from the wedding.

i was very grateful that they allowed breakfast in bed cos by the time we got up (11am) the normal breakfast buffet was over already.

carol

Orchid,
Agree with you, that the breakfast was very good, just a pity no more wine left for us already.

Really very thoughtful oh HIPV to deliver the breakfast to us, we woke up very late too, & hair was so messy still, will be very "paise"
blush.gif
to appear at the cafe...
biggrin.gif

celwong

hi girls, like to check with you all about the extra things that i can negotatiate with eugenia going to see her this coming saturday. i have been away from this thread for long time. would really appreciate if you all could help out. thanks a million.

actually i am considering on M hotel, amara, MC & HIPV. but hearing so much about HIPV, really want to go n see. any other comments on the rest of the hotels.
embarrassed.gif

really apologetic, asking like that cause now like kind of desparate liao with all the job things bothering me. and also don't want to be under cut by the hotel staff.

Really thanks a lot in advance

G

gst

Hi Celwong
HIPV is having a Singnet Promo if u notice the previous discussion. Also know that it is possible to negotiate for the weekday package if u have your wedding on a Sun at amara hotel. Was thinking of negotiating with the hotels that charge nett prices on whether they can reduce their prices now that GST is reduced from 5 to 4%.

smallady

Hi Pooh, and all

Sorry for the late response. I think so.. we met. Are u the one who came down to look at Eugenia's wedding photos? Very sorry, recently I was rather busy with my renovation, hunting the bridal shops so most of my time spent is running outside, somemore rainy days. Yr wedding next year May 2003?

Cheers
Smallady

S

sp

hi celwong

have not heard from you for quite some time, my wedding is over and everything went smoothly, much above my expectation.
As for the GST, I doubt there'll be any difference since it's a nett price, so you don't have to worry on that. I think HIPV is offering quite a good package already compared to other hotels along orchard road, so don't worry on that too, however, just look through the package and see if there's anything else you need like more car park coupons, wedding cards etc....hehehe, sound a bit cheapo lei..... well, it's up to you to see what else you need lor.

As for my theme, I took the pure white setting with brown tablecloth and chair hoods for the VIP tables. Turn out very nice in fact, very wedding atmosphere lor.
I love the chopsticks too, many of my guests commented that it's so unique & special, unlike the traditional chocolates or fruit cakes.

SP

H

hpiv bridegroom

Hi SP,
Just need to confirm with you ..forgot what Eugenia told us ... what's the layout of the VIP table? How is it distinguished from the rest? does it have a red cloth on top of the brown tablecloth? rgds

smallady

Hi Pooh,

Oh in June 2003, sorry I thought in May.
happy.gif
I dunno whether to take the long walk or L-walk. Dunno will it be difficult to turn if I take the short one :p

smallady

agnes

Orchid & Carol....

Hmmm, I didnt get any breakfast deliever to me.... but then we woke up very late (about 2pm)

My hubby was too hungry to bother if the overnite food is gross or not....

S

sp

Hi HIPV bridegroom

For VIP table, you can choose either the red/maroon table cloth which comes with ivory seatcovers and gold sash or the pastel brown tablecloth with ivory seatcovers and pastel brown matching chairhoods for all chairs.
The rest of the tables will be white tablecloth or with a brown runner across the white tablecloth.

SP

pucca

Hi all,

I'm a happy HIPV bride too. My wedding was on 1 Dec, and just came back from honeymoon last nite.

Thumb up for their service. When the dinner over, they sent the food to our room and let us order other foods from the menu (FOC).. End up, we sleep happily with a big tummy.:> cos we also make a profit from Ang Bao.

celwong

hi gals, me went to see eugenia last saturday and also the ballroom.

Got some misgiving and plus points want to share with you all cause feeling very troubled.

Minus points:
1) Hotel exterior looks quite run down
2) If opt for L shaped march in, very short but many pple can get to see
3) If opt for straight one, the stage a bit off sided
4) The projector need to provided by our selves and the screen is the stand alone kind quite old
5) Sound system is pretty standard
6) Too tall flowers as a centre pc, if want to change that need to plus money.

Plus Point:
1) Excellent service regardless is from Eugenia or Jasmine (Any gals has her as your co-ordinator?)
2) Really comprehensive package
3) Reasonable price

Now i am thinking whether want amara, Holiday Inn, Hotel new otani or oriental.
But amara only give 30 litres of beer and waiver of corkage of 24 bottles of wines. but the ambience really like it a lot.
Hotel new Otani, not yet went to see but heard that the food standard drops

Thanks gals for seeing my really long msg, now really a big headache. Do you all have such concerns when you all booking the venue. Please share on how you all convince yourselves to choose holiday inn parkview.

Thanks a million gals, almost snapped at my collegueas just now. So must pour a bit of concerns here.

enid

Hi celwong,

Just a couple of comments from me:
I was also a HIPV bride. I find that the Crystal Ballrm is pretty nice, once the ballrm is decorated. The package is quite comprehensive and value for money, and the coordinators are very helpful. I think service from the hotel is an impt factor, as preparation of wedding is pretty tired.
For me, flowers, sound system, stage, exterior are not so impt. cos the wedding is only a few hrs and after that, everyone forgets abt it (unless u're holding a very grand event that everyone will remember).
Just weight the pros and cos and i'm sure u'll make the right choice.

S

sy

Hi Celwong,
Tall centre piece shouldnt be a problem coz it is taken away once the dinner starts & Hotel new otani is quite rundown also what.

Anyway, does anyone has any comments on the dessert and the second last dish? I dont know which to choose from. Thks!

sancai

Hi cewlong,

Understands how u feel now ... well for me I really did not concern so much when I signed up with HIPV reason is on my mind was budget for my wedding. With the reasonable price package + good food + gd service, I went ahead and book it.

- exterior is run down and a bit hidden but crystal ballroom is very nice & guests will be having food in the ballroom and not outside the hotel!
- believe in every wedding there will be seating area which prevents the guests from seeing the couple clearly & who will notice the stage is a bit off sided(even I had my wedding till now I still don't know that!!)
- even if other hotel provide projector, you will still need to pay rental for it.
- flowers at centre pc does not gives a concern cos it will be taken away pro to dinner starts!

Most important is how u feel about the hotels as eventually u will be holding yr once in a lifetime event there.
wink.gif

orchid

Hi celwong,

we took the short L-shaped aisle and it works well. the stage decor is lovely!

we were rather concerned about the projector & screen bit. but finally we didn't have time to get down to making the slide presentation so decided to do away with it. no great loss.

you can request to see the ballroom when it's fully setup for a wedding. like go down at 6pm on a friday night or saturday night and take a look.

Hi sy,

I took the chinese pancake. yummy! normally guests leave during the dessert. mine stayed until they finished off their dessert! heheh...

agnes

Hi Celwong,

I brought my own projector and HIPV helped to set it up. HIPV provided the screen and they set it up after my march-in and cake cutting. They took it down immediately after the slide show (which is just powerpoint slides), before I did my 2nd march in.

No one noticed that the screen is old. Everyone was concentration on the slide show. So do not let the old screen bothers u.

twinklets

Hi celwong,

Can understand your concerns here. Infact before i signed up wif HIPV, I had mentioned my concerns on the pillars & the L-shaped march in or Straight march in. Worries like "will my frens be blocked if I use the straight march in" blah blah.
After some discussion wif my FH & some advises from the gals here, I got "enlightened".
lame.gif

Alot of pple went for all kinda weddings. Some ballrooms are worst.. room so big & the guests cant even sneak a peep at the stage or worst in different area tat can hardly see the couples at all.
HIPV's blockage is not really tat bad.. at least if you have 35 tables, afew tables will be blocked, but only afew pple per table will blocked. So still ok lar ..

Nevertheless most importantly is see how u 'feel' abt HIPV ballroom. See whether you can feel tat special 'touch' there or not. If you dun feel anything, is better to drop this place & search for someplace tat can provide tat 'touch'& 'feel'.
happy.gif

All the best!

twink|ets ~

tml

hi gals,

i thought of having a walk-in from the 2 side doors, one for the each of us, and we meet up in the middle before going up to the centre stage together. Is there anything wrong with this arrangement???

celwong

Thank you all for the dvice, really appreciate it, guess it really needs to give and take a bit.

This coming saturday going to see the ballroom again to verify any doubts or misgivings that i have to eugenia. then after that must really think hard between the two options the other one is amara.

these two really hard to choose cause the pricing is really close after adding corkage and extra barrel of beer, amara is 621 whereas HIPV is 618 with the singnet discount.

Must choose from service liao, i think. Saw eugenia in person and jasmine on the phone sounded realy helpful. Amara co-ordinator is good too, but some freebies have to bulldoze through.

Me oso seeing Amara ballroom this coming monday. let you all gals know of my final results, okie.

Just curious any of you all face the same dilemna that you all choose HIPV out of the choice of AMARA and HIPV.

Actually, i was thinking of going to see Merchant Court as well. Mayb it can combined both HIPV and Amara. Actually, me thinking fat chance.

Thank you all so much

S

sp

Dear celwong

The choice is really up to you. For me I really love the ambience and food and service provided.
I do agree that the facade isn't very nice looking, but it's at night , right ? so not much of a problem there, the interior is fabulous, with the chandelier lightings, can't get them any where else.
Like others, I had the comfortable feeling and was determined to have my wedding at HIPV. Glad to say I din regret my decision and I really made the right choice.
Follow your heart and if you like amara, go ahead and if you like HIPV, hurray for you lah... hehehe.
Well, all the best and hope you find your ideal venue soon.

SP

F

fyi

hi all

i just attended a wedding banquet at HIPV last weekend. i was really impressed by the chandeliers and the romantic and grand atmosphere. especially the grand door, while guests are waitng outside, the grand door looks really impressive. the food is very good and the waitress who served us is really attentive too! this is my first time attended the wedding held at HIPV, so it was really a pleasant surprise.. (cos i always thought HIPV is not really grand..)

the decor at the aisle and tables are very elaborate and looks really good with the chandeliers! think decor is better than certain 5-stars hotel eg ST.

just a few not so good points are : the walkway is too short and certain parts of the ceilings are "low", while the rest are "high. so i thought i was quite lucky to sit in the area where the ceiling is high. we can't see the couples march in the first march. so perhaps u gals can ask the guests to sit down as well during the first march.
(actually is the same kind of situation as in ST..)

stars

Hi gals

So sorry that I appeared and disappeared again. Cos my home PC not ready with internet. So many postings to read. I guess there are many new comers rite.
Going to sleel soon. Will like to share with you all my experience with HIPV.

Take care
stars

carol

Hi Stars,
So nice to nice see.... Merry Christmas!!!!

Waiting for you share your wedding day experience with us...

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

carol

Hi all HIPV brides:

Here's my New year wishes for all:

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">May the new year, 2003 be good new year for all, with so much happiness, swet memories &amp; wonderful acheivements.

Those whom are married in 2002, happily married, &amp; those waiting for their wedding in 2003, will be a great success.</FONT>

14323.gif

stars

Hi Carol

Thank you so much for your wishes!

Same to you too.

HAppy New Year to all of you!

May all your wishes come true.

Luv
stars

carol

Hi stars,
So.... you are back from your honeymoon,
I'll be waiting for you to share your wedding experiences &amp; wedding photos!
happy.gif

bear

Carol

Hee hee, been trying to keep up wiht this thread

Going to send my printing to T dragon next week

My wedding is next year March 23, still not so busy yet, just finished my indoor shoots last week, going for my outdoor next month, an chuan is next month...

Getting a bit of sian.... kinda of regretted going hitched in hotel, might as well a day event wld suffice clipart{uhoh}

S

sp

Hi Carol

So sorry, quite tied up with work especially on the year end.
You are right, this thread is getting quiet leh... wonder what happened to the reat of the brides to be.... busy ?
Suppose to scan my wedding pictures, so can show off, but scanner --- spoil lor.. see whether my hubby get new one or not.. so got to wait.
I guess the rest are still having hangover from the christmas &amp; new year parties... hehehe.
Well, be patient, they'll be back....

Hi stars
Glad that you all went on well for your wedding. Anything to share ?

All the best and have a great and wonderful new year !!!!!

SP

carol

FINALLY!!!!

Bear, So how's your indoor shooting, when can you get to look at the sample prints? I guess you must be very excited now.

Hummm.. looks like you will be very busy after CYN.
Good luck!

14498.gif

carol

HI SP,
You know what, I'm still waiting patiently to look at your wedding pics since NOV.

So must share with us when you are ready.

Hey, did you received my email sometime ago? I was sharing pics of my wedding journal with you.

14499.gif

bear

My sample prints wld be ready in Feb once I completed my outdoor
happy.gif

PS was fun , looking forward to my outdoor
happy.gif

yes, think i wld be busy after Chinese New Year !!!

pooh

Hi gals,
i have my PS on 30th Dec liao.
I took some pic using my own digital camera.

If interest to take a look email to [email protected]

But none of the gown for my PS is my actual day gown. Will MTM my gown after CNY.

My sample prints will be ready on 18th Jan.
happy.gif

For those whose wedding are over liao. Can check with u wat colour gown go nice with the HIPV theme?

sancai

aiyo pooh u so cute still think of gown to match with HIPV theme ... I think gold not bad, dunno wat other brides think???

BTW, can email yr photos to me at [email protected]

TO ALL : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
14534.gif

carol

Pooh,
I think to find a colour match gown to go with HIPV them is not easy for me, so in the end, I opt of something which I think will look nice on me.

I had a Pink gown.

Cheers...