Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

zljoan

Amanda, nope, I've already signed with HIPV sometime back. Yeah, MPC lives up to my expectations. Strangely, the question for discussion yesterday was something that was plaguing my mind the whole of the morning BEFORE I attended the session!

Mrs Lee, yeah, agree that the suite not the most impressive but comparable to most. The feel it exudes is close to the renovated suites in Hilton, only Hilton's seem slightly bigger. The main thing lacking is probably the view...can't do anything much bout that due to the location!

amanda1982

Mrs Lee> It is the same promo when I signed up sometime back. Well I did visit their new suite, although it is not very impressive, but it does give cosy feeling which me and my HTB quite like.

sobe> you mean the questions being discuss in the hall or in the class room? Well what they had shared with us are the normal stuff that you and me might had seen in our life from our parents, aunties & uncles or from any other married couples that we had known. The questions that we had to answer in class room are quite good ways to know more of our partners and also how they think of us. Quite fun. Oh ya, which group are you with? Mine is group 10. Next lesson will be a home session.

jillz

Amanda, ya.. this promo is exactly the same when they had roadshow at Vivo. They're extending i guess. I was rather disappointed with the toilet at the masterbed room, cos with all the gown, we seriusly need bigger space..

amanda1982

Mrs Lee, oh i see... I didnt really look much into the toilet. Miss that out. Maybe when I go back for viewing again at the ballroom after renovation, I will request for another viewing of the room.

jillz

Amanda, yon can try to view it now if they allow cos the renovation of the suite is already done.
happy.gif
As adv by my co-ordinator, its a normal deluxe suite as HIPV do not actually have a bridal suite in their hotel. So maybe that explain on the toilet part.

zljoan

Amanda > was referring to some points that were brought up by Fr Hughes as well as the questions led by my presenting couple for sharing in the classroom. me in grp 6...maybe we'll get to meet at the next sji session in 2 wks time!

Hmmm....the promo was best when it was at BOWs. Unfortunately, didn't take it up then. Didn't get to really see the suite's toilet but I guess that was ok for me since my banquet is gonna be held on another day....

amanda1982

Mrs Lee> Ya I have seen the new renovated suite but just didnt really see at the toilet. Will check it out another time when going down to view the new ballroom. I guess that is the reason for the toilet to be small. But I guess should be ok.

sobe> Ya, his points are also very interesting. See you again in 2 weeks time... hee.. have "homeworks" to do tonite. you should know what I am refering to right. haha!

vbear2

hi gals, i'm having 34 tables (including VIP) for my AD in May, anyone has held their AD with approx the same tables? Is it very cramped? initially i'm only expecting 28 tables and thought it would be a small cozy event, but the guestlist seems to be expanding, stressed...Btw, special thanks to my co-ordinator (Krystal), as she has been very accomodating to our requests e.g. several revisions to table numbers..

jillz

kmja, this is their old suite i tink, cos i went to view few weeks back. The room layout still the same but colour combination all change

el2sgbrides

yippie!! i juz booked with HIPV! i like their crystal ballroom.. although its not pillarless.
but its ok coz we feel its better than the rest of the hotels that we have been to... And our co-ordinator (Krystal) was also quite nice. =)

zljoan

Mrs Lee > agree with you. There is also some slight differences in furniture design when I viewed the revamped suite the other time

EL> welcome to the HIPV btb family! hee...hmmm...have been hearing quite a few good things bout Krystal. No one has mentioned Adeline (my co-ordinator) much these days...

zljoan

heee...thanks for the re-assurance. Actually, one thing that made me sway to HIPV was her patience. However, yet to communicate with her since signing the contract - mainly 'cos my banquet is only next yr!

el2sgbrides

hey zhen, 34 tables maybe still ok.. i think when it hits 35 it starts to cramp although the ballroom is said to be able to accomodate 40. saw a layout n 40 is super cramp for the joining 2 suites area.. this is wad i feel. =P

zljoan

A bit troubled here - is anyone going to take up the complimentary table on actual day instead of food tasting? Any views/advice to share?

jillz

Sobe, me takin the complimentary cos the helpers room is only for afew hours, so might as well get 1table free. as for food tasting, i ask my coordinator 50% charge for 50% of the food u select from the menu to test.

So hubby and i were takin risk on the forum here to see which menu are the popular one so we can select since we're not goin for the 50% food tastin too..

el2sgbrides

hi sobe, yup, mi going for the complimentary table. initially we wanted to use the food tasting as dinner for both parents to sit down n talk on the GDL, etc. but in the end we give up the idea.

zljoan

Hi Mrs Lee, they allow for 50% of food tasting? I was playing with that idea but didn't think it was possible...

EL, you're comfortable with going without food tasting completely? I must say taking up the complimentary table is extremely tempting (aka cost saving) :s

jillz

Sobe, yes.. tats wat my coordinator says, cos we're thinkin abt tastin the food and selectin the complimentary table. Have u book ur package yet?

zljoan

Mrs Lee, yup, have booked my package. I guess I still have time to decide on the options but recently, have been more inclined at taking the complimentary table rather than foodtasting (as previously wanted)

jillz

Sobe, maybe ya wanna check w ya coordinator? ya're rite, decision can be confirm like a month before ya AD. whens ya dinner btw? in time for the new ballroom n suite?

el2sgbrides

ya sobe, high chance mi will do w/o food tasting. our budget is quite tight so we try to save $.. actually the tables cost exceeded our initial budget.. =(

due to our work, it is also hard for us to go for the food tasting on weekdays. if u go for it, can let mi know how it was? thanks! =)

zljoan

Mrs Lee, mine's in Feb...definitely in time for the new ballroom! Was told by my coordinator that some couples have been allocated to the new suites now already.

EL, will let you know IF i do go for food tasting...it's a BIG if though....need to save $$$ also, esp with everything that is going on!

gin

Hi all,
I am having my banquet at HIPV - Orchid Room this year end.
happy.gif
I am also taking The Aisle as BS. Looks like alot of ladies taking the same choice.
happy.gif

Hee...anyway I am given the new Bridal Suite to stay...btw anyone tried to extend one more day for bridal suite stay?

el2sgbrides

hi gin, will u be doing food tasting? if yes, can u feedback to sobe n me about it later? thanks!

btw, how much is it for one more day stay?

jillz

EL, accordingly to the normal room for helpers, its 220++ per nite, but after renovation they charges may change.

jillz

EL, i dunno which is which.. hahahahha!! dulexe is the bridal suite i guess... didnt ask the charge, cos i find abit troulesome to stay another day at the hotel, cos the next day need to settle many stuff.. But we enquire for the helpers' room for our mothers to stay overnight jus in case only..

zljoan

ooooo, Gin, we've both selected TA and HIPV! hee...I did try asking for 1 extra night but they were quite adamant bout not giving it to us. Only said that they'll offer us the suite at a discounted rate, prices to be confirmed nearer to date.

EL, if I'm not wrong, there are the normal rooms (e.g. king, double premier) and deluxe suites (not sure if these are also called club suites though). Thus, for our bridal suite, it's not the normal deluxe room but the "deluxe suite"...haha...i was a little apprehensive at first till my coordinator assured me that it is indeed a suite! :p

gin

EL,
me and hubby forgoe-ing food tasting for the complimentary free table. lol..so cant advise on food...you also not going?
Oh ya, you just reminded me i shld email Krystal. lol...I meeting her tml...let me tell you after she quote me the rate.
happy.gif

If i din get back to you on time, pls PM me ok? :p

Hi Sobe,
YEAH!! Both TA and HIPV Bride!
happy.gif

I think I will be likely to pay for extra nite if the amount is worth it. In fact I signed the package and given the wedding show promo items too. So happy about it!
happy.gif
When is your AD? Mine is 31 Dec 09. I am taking Orchid Room cos only max 20 tables...no budget for 25 to get Crystal Ballroom though its much much nicer...

zljoan

Hey Gin,
heee...such a happy coincidence. When did you sign with TA? My banquet's on 7th feb. *grinZ* Have 23 tables but taking the lunch banquet so upgraded it, such that I can have the Crystal Ballroom!

el2sgbrides

huiling> tried to nego for free nite stay but unsuccessful.. pls let me know if got good news.

gin> aww.. tot u going for FT. cos seems like the food not bery fantastic. yup, im going for the free table.. to save $. very broke for wedding.. dun have excess $ to go honeymoon already. =(

sept2010

Hi All,

i will also be having my banquet at Hols inn park view.. just sign up too.. but realised that they have just extended their promotions to end Aug..

el2sgbrides

huiling> krystal. urs?

qian> welcome to the hipv club! =)

yalor, tot they gonna end the promo so we faster sign up n pay deposit. now a bit regret coz like didnt really bargain much. =(

gin

Hi Sobe,
WAH~!! so good~!! Krystal say if I change to weekday dinner banquet, maybe got chance to use Crystal ballroom but all the weekend all fully booked.
sad.gif
So even I wan to take more tables also no room le.
I signed with TA end of April...just only. Going first consultation in June, PS Aug.
happy.gif
When you PS?

Hi El,
Me too...i also not going FT...according to Krystal, she say so far she heard ppl comment food quite good la. Anyway I can only cross my fingers. I also got no $$ for honeymoon too....anyway we are on the same boat. If I hear any feedback I will share with you all.
happy.gif

zljoan

Gin, not really also la...me paying weekday dinner price for lunch banquet leh..but think booked relatively early so the ballroom was available, though dinner for that date taken up already. haiz...actually, one reason I signed with them so early cos I tot they really meant it when they said the promo was going to end a week after wedding fair at Vivo -- in the end, it has been extended till Aug! Not like we have any additionaly perks for signing up early. :s

My Vietnam PS is over. Not sure when is my local PS but it should be around Sept. At least you know when is your first fitting, have yet to hear from them, prob still too early...

gin

Hi Sobe,
Ic, I think HIPV extended the promo due to not much bookings during that period? Anyway now she told me most of the weekend fully taken until next year June. So scary :X I booked my banquet too late le...anyway me and bf has come to a conclusion to keep to that room cos we want the date.
happy.gif
Dun be upset over that ok?
happy.gif
At least you are doing it at the Grander ballroom ma!
happy.gif
*huggies*

My AD earlier than urs ma. That's y they already confirmed the date with me. I need to diet like mad lor..hee...at least you can have sometimes to tone arms abit also rite? ;)

mrs_tan_to_be

HI EL,
My cordinator is vasanthi.. u try to nego if she can give u for free then...

Wah, most weekend taken up fully then next yr june.. sound so scary too...any brides having wed dinner in Oct 09 this yr?

Im 4th Oct 09 bride @ HIPV....

el2sgbrides

hi huiling, sign contract liao still can nego meh?

nope.. mine is next year. but it should be true that most weekends taken up until june'10. coz initially my dates were 1st half 2010, and all not available.. den keep changing until i finally get a slot. =)

gin

Heee....any other brides also taking Orchid Ballroom? Need to share ideas to make the place 'grand-ner'
happy.gif

Please PM me if you are too...lets brainstorm together.
My bf love the Crystal Ballroom which I think everyone here does...I hope that I can do something to make him feel better even though we are using Orchid Ballroom.
happy.gif