Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

pepsi

Hi Freesia,
perhaps I should have ask more details about their first course presentation. Even my colleagues commented that they have not seen such an elaborate & "kua zhang" first course presentation & also commented about the gap between first course presentation and the march-in...i feel so pai say....anyway, they said the long wait made the food taste good.
As for tips, we gave a $60 angbao to the banquet manager.

Hi Chenoa: yap i saw your posting in YC forum = )

chenoa

Hi freesia and pepsi!
Can both of you share which dishes you chose and whether they are good?

Freesia, how's your first dish presentation like then?

BTW, how about those extra gift chopsticks at the tables where the guest did not turn up? Can we ask the waiters to keep for us? or will be returned to the hotel?

How many tables did you have? Long / Short march-in? Did you have slideshow?

Sorry, got so many questions.
blush.gif

Thanks in advance.

pepsi

Hi chenoa,
My guests gave good review for all the dishes except for 1, pork ribs in red wine sauce because the pork ribs were too fatty.
I love the "or ni" even though i ate it cold after the dinner...but portion too small to satisfy my craving.

blurblurblur28

Hi freesia and pepsi,

im new here but im going to confirm with HIPV. jus like to ask the both of u... wat are the dishes u have chosen and is there any imppt thing i have to take note?

Hi chenoa,
happy to c that u have jus booked hipv...at least there is accompany... when is ur wedding?
is urs 679 nett after the 30 dollars discount?

bubbles78

Hi all,

me too is new here..I'm planning for my wedding next year Oct, but have yet confirmed on any hotels..=(
Till my fren recommended me to check out HIPV as they commented that their food is good. I would like to know if you gals have the name and contact/email add of the coordinator that i can look for? any friendly and helpful nominees? And wat's their min tables for weekends and how's their pricing like? Thx alot!

chenoa

Hi blurblurblur28,

When's your wedding? mine is next oct so no $30 off.

Hi Pepsi, so pork ribs no good?? We were thinking of having that actually, since it's not common to see this dish at wedding dinner, more unique.

I love 'or ni'. yum yum.... must remember to ask them to save more for me. hahaha!

Bubbles,
Their min tables 25. Max around 35. weekend Fri and Sun is $709, Sat $729/749 - (cannot remember)(There's a $30 off if wedding is before 30 Sep)

Jasmine - 67300125
Eugenia - 67300121

blurblurblur28

Hi chenoa,

Mine is in sept 04. So i will be enjoying the $30 off. Cant they extend the offer for u - only one month's difference.

did they give u other perks? im actually quite reluctant to pay for the food tasting cos most hotels give this free, isn't it? (What do u think?)

Which bridal boutique did u book?

tris

Hi pepsi and freesia,

How was your march-in like? Was it choreographed, with any lighting effects?

I'd signed up with HIPV and my wedding is Nov '04. I've already selected my march-in song and am dreaming up a romantic march-in that I wonder if the hotel can support.

Briefly, I'd like lights being turned off and then on again one by one slowly when the music starts, then door opens at a particular verse of the song, then spotlight and dry ice effect at another verse,etc etc? Heehee... is that too much to ask for?

chenoa

Hi blurblurblur28,

their new financial budget starts in Oct, so no discount. Me and hubby don't really mind not having a food tasting. I only ask for a day-use room, which they say shouldn't be a problem. You? who's your co-ordinator?

Hi Tris, seems that you have already selected your song and did some scenario planning. i believe they would be able to do as you wish to make your day, but you have to make sure they get all the timing right lor.

blurblurblur28

Hi chenoa,

wat do u mean by a day-use room? my coordinator is Eugenia. Hw abt urs?

Hi Tris,

ur plan is very unique and ideal... Ar they able to compromise with that?

msreal

They got spot light ?? I am also holding my wedding dinner at HIPV in April next year. Got the discount of $30 ;) off per table . Luckily, I did not signed up earlier or else I would not be able to enjoy and will grumble.

Eugenia is a nice and cheerful person and she is my co-ordinator. She will follow up on what is needed to be confirm when the dinner is coming near like calling you to collect the cards, what is your choice for the menu,etc. So there is no worries abt the dinner.

I got a day room too just in case my jie mei or parents want to be in there to rest and prepare for the event

chenoa

Blur,
as what msreal says, the day room is for your friends, helpers, parents, etc if they needed to rest or get ready for the evening. they allow the day room to be available from afternoon to evening only. You can request from Eugenia, it should be ok.

My coordinator is Jasmine.

Bubbles, I checked.... Sat is $749 (without discount). All prices are nett.
happy.gif

msreal,
so you have collected your cards for printing and confirmed your dishes? Which setup are you taking - long or short?

msreal

Nah, not yet.It will be next month to collect the cards and the dishes in March or april
Thinking of short as it is more centralised and everybody can see you on stage

msreal

At most you walk at a pace more slowly lor. I am having photo montage. Eugenia said the screen will be putting it on the stage or placing it in the middle side of the ballroom. One table need to be remove from there if you were to take the long march. If you take the short march, the screen will be place on the stage itself

chenoa

ah...i see. I saw two setups all short march cos both have more than 30 tables. I have greater flexibility cos will be having tentatively 26 tables. May take the long march.

msreal

If got 26 tables only, the more you need to take the long march as it is easier for the hotel to arrange so that everyone can see you

chenoa

is that so? short one also very easy to arrange mah.
happy.gif

Will you be using their recommended printer for printing of cards? Pls share info on their prices if you have later, ok?

BTW, which bridal are you with and who's gonna be your AD photographer? Me still sourcing for my AD photographer. got good recommendation?

msreal

Short one not good unless really bo pian although it's easier for the guest to see you. You only walk on the red carpet in your life once.

I might be using Hi-Tech from AMK Techplace. I am using Double up bridal and Yew Kwang is going to be my AD photographer

chenoa

Yew Kwang is my top three choices. Think he's rather good and package competitive. We are gonna to see a few more portfolios of other photographers before we decide.

BTW, I'm with Yvonne Creative.

yan

Hi gals

I had my wedding at HIPV last week. Guests have commented that the food is good, especially the roast chicken with sesame sauce. It's a good choice cos it is different from the normal chicken. The lotus leaf rice and drunken prawns are good too.

The staff at HIPV is very helpful. My co-ordinator is Eugenia. She is very responsible and will follow up with you very closely as the wedding gets nearer.

Overall, I had a very good experience with HIPV. Think the Crystal Ballroom looks very grand.

My actual day photographer is Yew Kwang too. He is very responsible and flexible. Not calculative like some photographers. Can consider taking him for those who are still looking for actual day photographer.

yan

Hi

Msreal, I took the long march. Short march is really quite short but heard that your guest will not be blocked by the pillar. However, your guest will also not be blocked for the long march in if you do not have many tables.

Chenoa, The roast chicken does not come with keropok but come with sesame. Very nice dish.

msreal

I am having 36 - 38 tables . Shd be choosing the short march. As I mentioned in the previous msg, I will walk slowly ;)

chenoa

Hi Yan,
How many tables you had? did you have a slide presentation?

cos I heard the screen can still be blocked for the long march. but also depends where the screen is placed right? I think there's two options where the screen can be placed for the long march. One as mentioned by msreal, in the centre (where the stage of the 2nd march in is) and the other is diagoally beside the stage itself. Both needs to remove 1 table in front of the screen. Wonder which is actually better? I'm having probably 26 - 28 tables.

yan

Hi Chenoa

I had about 40 tables so I have to put the screen at the centre of the stage. Some of my guests were not able to see the screen. Since you are having less tables, think you can put the screen diagonally. In that case, your guest might not be blocked. Think you check with your co-ordinator again to confirm on this. If you got time, go down to the hotel to test. So when's your wedding?

Hi, just wanna say that the food here is really not bad. Attended a wedding here last Oct and I was impressed
happy.gif
We all enjoyed the prawn (ball) dish.

In terms of decor...can't really say much, the seat we were given wasn't really erm...good. haha.

msreal

I received a email stating that Eugenia is no longer working in HIPV. Her job was taken over by Suzanna Sim and is my new co-ordinator. Had not met her b4 but will do so this or next week.

So disappointed that Eugenia had left.I was taken for a surprise.

chenoa

hi msreal,

that's a SURPRISE! I wonder if Jasmine is still there?

I hope Suzanna is as experienced and helpful as Eugenia. Good luck to you.

elaine77

Hi, ladies

wahh.. thats really a surprise because i called them up before chinese new yr and they did not tell me anything about eugenia resignation. I was attended by jasmine. Eugenia is on a long leave till today and jasmine ask me to call her after today to check out about the pricing of 2005.

My goodness, i have an appt with them on this friday with them to view the ballroom but they did not tell me anything. Hmm.. Jasmine sounds okay but not as friendly as Eugenia, hopefully she is good also.

seraphim1970

Hey ladies, the news of Eugenia's resignation has come like a big shock to me. She indeed is a great person with her bubbly and helpful personality. My wedding was in 2002 and she made everything pertaining the banquet a breeze. in fact, she has always kept in touch with me till the last email indicating she was going on leave and not a hint she was leaving HIPV.

I am sure the other HIPV wedding planners will be just as good.

msreal

Hi Elaine77,

I also had a appt with Suzanna this coming Friday 6pm as there is a wedding dinner at the same time.Maybe I can see you there
happy.gif

elaine77

Hi ladies,

Seraphim, im also quite disappointed that she is leaving HIPV. Although i have not met her personally but she sounds very friendly and helpfull on the phone and advised me on the tables and the arrangements. Like what you have say, hopefully the other planners will be as good as her.

hey msreal, thats cool, I have an appt with Jasmine on 5.30pm, actually at first she says 8.30pm but its abit too late. My hubby will be on leave that day so might as well make it earlier.
When is your wedding date?

blurblurblur28

hi all,

i feel that eugenia's leave is a shock to everyone of us here. so sad and disappointed. wonder jasmine ok or not...sigh.... hoppppeefuullly that the wedding will be successful...sigh...

seraphim1970

Hi blur(x3)28, dun worry so much, I am sure the pool of wedding planners there are efficient. Actually the operation managers are good and helpful too. Don't 'sigh' lah, you going to be a happy and beautiful bride lah.

msreal

ya lor, dun worry, I also met up with Priscilla , the catering manager during my visit to HPIV to collect my cards. She is quite friendly and helpful.

I believe the HPIV co-ordinaor would be as good as Eugenia. I wish the best to Eugenia in her new career.

elaine77

Hi ladies,

Ive met Jasmine on friday, she is very friendly and quite flexible. She has 2 couples including us and another couple and she handles it very well. She bring us around the ballrom and go through the package. My hubby and i loved the ballroom.. even though the ceiling is high and low but the feeling is still great. These 2 days we have been visiting a few hotels but we still prefer HIPV. As my AD will be next yr, we have to wait for the revised price to be out soon and we will make a decision, hopefully the increased will not be great.

msreal

Did they asked you to stay for dinner
happy.gif
? I only visited HIPV and booked them on the spot ;p . What abt other hotels ?Do they like bring you to the cafe for a drink and talk or straight to the point in introducing their ballroom

elaine77

msreal,

haha.. no leh, they did not ask us to stay for dinner, i wished they will ask that.. kekee... SHe bring us around to the ballroom and bring us down to the lounge to discuss the package with a glass of coke.. ehhee.. most of the hotels will bring you around the ballroom den invite you to the cafe or lounge for discussion with some drinks...

blurblur.. haha.. i dun think its so nice to discuss it here.. I have not confirmed my package and extra perks yet, when i have done and confirmed my booking, i will update you
happy.gif

msreal

Hehe, I shd have ask to stay for dinner but my mum got cook ;p . Did Jasmine show you video of their ballroom on a laptop ?

According to the previous threads, it will be quite hard to get extra perk as the price they are offering is quite good compare to other hotels. You can ask for like extra room for your jie mei or parent during the daytime. Other than that, the rest is stated in the package

elaine77

msreal,

Jasmine did not show me the ballroom on video, she bring us to the ballroom which has the actual set-up of a wedding banquet.

hmm... compared to other hotels, HIPV is quite flexible, they did not give you at straight 'No,No'. At least they will try thier best to give us extra perks.

peskychew

Hi ladies..

I had my wedding at HIPV on 2nd December last year. I had positive feedback from my guest that the food is good. Seafood was very fresh. Even the muslim food was excellent. Heard they are famous with their Tandori Chicken for Muslim Table. :eek:)

My co-ordinator was Jasmine. And you girls can rest assure that she is a good co-ordinator. She followed up very closely w me 4 the wedding and yes, she is definately accomodative and flexible. She will help you in every ways if its within her means. As my wedding was on a weekday, Jasmine actually stayed bk to make sure the entire dinner was going well before she left for the day.

I looked at other hotels before i decided with HIPV, including some 5 stars ones that i tot the service wasn't as good and the co-ordinator wasn't as friendly.

Oh, even the banquet staff at HIPV for the night was EXCELLENT & ATTENTIVE. They made sure everything was brief and conveyed clearly to the couple the afternoon on the day. Everything was very systematic and they banquet captains are full of initiative and experienced. They even volunteered to help us co-ordinate the table to table photography which was marvellous. Infact, no rooms for "screw-ups" during the dinner unless its on our own personal matters :eek:P

HIPV is a good choice.....happy planning... :eek:)

msreal

I commend on their banquet staffs effort. When I went into the ballroom, the banquet manager was giving a briefing and I heard some of their briefing like the story of the couple example how long they are together...

Their setup of the table also got peanuts which only a handful hotels do so.

You will not made a wrong choice in deciding HIPV as your wedding venue

bibien

Halo..

Anyone can forward me the banquet packages for HIPV?? Or anyone can help to advise who I should contact??

I tried visiting their website.. but couldn't find the info that I wan..

Thanks in advance..
happy.gif

happycow05

Hello,

I am thinking of signing contact with HIPV. Anyone held their wedding dinner there recently?
Can share your package/perks/selected menu with me? And also coments on the food & service ..

My email is : [email protected]. Thks.