Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

carol

Hi smallady,
Must take care & don't carry heavy stuffs.

Don't worry, everything will be fine for you!

Thanks for the CNY wishings!!!

16707.gif

smallady

Hi Pooh,

Can't wait to see more pics. Will you MTM EG? I realised some bridal shop have nice wedding gowns but very few nice evening gowns. Some Evening gowns look abit old and outdated.

Cheers

carol

Hi all HIPV brides & Ex-HPIV brides,

Just a nice poem to share with all of you...

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="0000ff">Sometimes in life,

You find a special friend,

Someone who changes your life

Just by being a part of it

Someone who makes you laugh

Until you can't stop

Someone who makes you believe

That there relly is good in the world

Someone who convinces you that

There really is an unlocked door

Just waiting for you to open.

This is a Forever Friendship.

When you're down,

And the world seems dark and empty,

Your forever friends lifts you up in spirit

And makes that dark and empty world

Suddenly seem bright and full

Your forever friend gets you through

The hard times, the sad times, the confusing times

If you turn and walk away

Your forever friends follows

If you lose yourr way,

Your forever friends guides you

And cheers you on.

Your forever friends holds your hand

And tells you that everything

Is going to be okay

And if you find such a friend,

You feel happy and complete,

Because you need not worry

You have a FOREVER FRIEND for life

And forever has no end.</FONT>
</CENTER>

<CENTER>
16709.gif
</CENTER>

carol

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ff0000">Chinese New Year Wishes</FONT></CENTER>

<CENTER>
16710.gif
</CENTER>

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ff0000">Wishing All A
Happy &amp; Prosperous Chinese New Year!</FONT>
</CENTER>

16711.gif

Y

ytan

Hi! I am interested in holding my 2004 wedding in HIPV. What is the rate for weekend package? Thanks!!

pooh

Hi smallady,

i will go to the bridal shop in mid Feb. If still cant find a suitable EG then i MTM. BTW i will MTM my WG also will get the gown that look like 2 pcs but change the colour to white.

I abit funny lor took my PS 1st then decide on the gowns. So my album wont have my actual day gown.
happy.gif

U take care!!

Happy New Year to All HIPV brides!!!

smallady

Hi Pooh,

Nevermind I will go down and peep at u at HIPV on yr actual day. Will u mind? I tried taking the two pcs one at Sanmike but my tummy so bloated so give up the idea of wearing it. But u really look sexy in it.

Cheers

carol

Hi askabride,
I've sent you the link to view my studio &amp; outdoor pics.

Please let me know if you've received it!

Cheers...

16733.gif

smallady

Hi Pooh,

Thanks, at least no need to sneak around at the ball room area and peep at u.hehehehehehe sure, I will be at yr room to see u personally
happy.gif

Cheers

carol

Hi askabride,
Thanks for your compliments!!!
biggrin.gif

I've sent you the link to view my actual day pics as well.

Happy Viewing!!!

A

angelbella

Hi Carol,
Can i view your pixs too? By the way, is the balroom at HIPV rectangular or squarish? One of the hotels i've shortlisted with all the good comments....
happy.gif

[email protected]

absolut_curant

Hi all! I'm also a HIPV bride and my wedding is in Jul 2003. I've booked through Priscilla as well. Initially my husband and I met up with Kahlid who was really nice, accommodating, conversational and hit off really well with my husband. Unfortunately he was on long leave when we decided to book with them.

I'm still deciding on the bridal studio. Have shortlisted to visit WL and BZ, not too sure if i've made the right choice though.

Hi Carol, can i view your pix too? By the way in case i missed the above threads, which bridal shop did you have your PS?

Thanks! Email: [email protected]

carol

Hi ytan,
You are most welcome!

I've sent you the link to view my wedding pics, please let me know if you've received it.

Happy Viewing!!!

16905.gif

jas77

Hi absolut_curant,

you're from the WL thread? I'm an ex-bride of HIPV.
happy.gif

Did u see the link I posted at the WL thread for my ps photos?
Your wedding in Jul, and u still haven't decide on a bridal studio! Isn't it a bit tight?

absolut_curant

Hi Jas,

Yup i'm getting a bit worried. My next off day will be on V-Day so that's the only time i'm free. My hubby has got a very tight working schedule too.

Do you mind sending me the link or putting it here again? Thx
happy.gif

carol

Hi Angelbella,
The Crystal ballroom is rectangular &amp; measures 18.3 x 24.5 metres / 59' 11" x 80' 5" (448 square metres / 4822 square feet), with a ceiling height of 6.1 metres / 20' 1".

I've just sent you the link to view my actual day pics.

Please let me know if you've recived it.

Happy Viewing!!!

16984.gif

carol

Hi absolut_curant,
Welcome to the family of HIPV brides.

16985.gif

You are having your wedding in July 03, I had mine in July too, last year...
happy.gif

I was with Easac Bridal Studio.

I've just sent you the link to view my wedding pics, please let me know if you've received it.

Happy Viewing!!!

carol

Hi Sweetie,
I've just sent you the link to view my wedding pics, Please let me know if you've received it.

Happy Viewing!!!
happy.gif

absolut_curant

Hi Jas and Carol, thanks, received your emails on the links. Wonderful photos!

I don't intend to bun up my hair and will let it down all the way. But most of my friends said that's boring and will not look formal or elegant enough.

Does anyone of you have about 37 tables at HIPV? I think that will leave no room to walk. But i have a min. of 35 now, after approx. 10% deduction from my guestlist of 387 people.

stars

Hi Carol

How are you? You are really good. It seem that you are the only one who remain here for so long. I really hope to come in more often. but now seems to be busier cos got so many housework to do. I wonder how you cope with all the ousework chores? Do you cook everyday? So how often you clean the whole house?

Ya can I have your email address again so that I can email you. I was at AMK tonight but it's a pity not able to contact youin any way.
/////////////nevermind. See you

stars

carol

Hi Stars,
I'm fine!!!
I could managed the household chores with the help of my hubby.
wink.gif
Now I don't cook everyday, will go back to mum's place for dinner twice a week. Mummy wanted to feed me with her tonic soup.

I usually did the cleaning on weekends...
happy.gif

I've sent you an email liao!

Hope to meet up with you real soon!
happy.gif

meowmeow

Hi all HIPV brides,

i will be having my dinner this november, long way more. was browsing through this tread and was wondering is HIPV's Eugenia Gn still around? i booked through her and have not spkoen to her since then (back in june'02)....

hi absolut_curant,

you are having 37 tables? you think it is ok, not too tight? think i will end up having that many tables to, headache.

seraphim1970

Holiday-Inn Park View Hotel will be a wonderful choice, I highly recommend it! The crystal ballroom is beautiful and well decorated, the food, banquet managers and serving staff are fabulous! The wedding consultant, Eugenia Gn is really nice and helpful, we have become good friends too. Not forgetting it is in the heart of town, so transportation is rather convenient. We had our wedding banquet there on September 2002 and they surely helped to make our special day so memorable. My husband who is an american is still singing praises for their services, well they probably won't forget us too cos my husband sang at our wedding banquet and we had our first dance performance too
wink.gif

C

chopstick

hi,

how much they r charging for wedding lunch &amp; dinner? Is wedding lunch cheaper than dinner>

C

crystal_deer

Dear All,

I had my wedding banquet there also. My hubby and i had a wonderful and memorable wedding. After the wedding we were so busy with honeymoon and chinese new year that we have yet to write in to praise the wedding consultant and their banquet team.

They really have excellent food and services!

yan

Hi

I am considering Hilton, Crown Prince and M Hotel for my wedding dinner in Dec 2003. Really headache, dun know which one to choose. Happen to see this discussion and saw very good comments about HIPV from you all. Maybe, HIPV will be another option. Does the weekday package have free flow beer?

sancai

Hi Yan,

Yes, I think HIPV provide free flow of beer in their wedding package.

Hi Carol &amp; Stars,

Nice to "see" you here! Miss you gals!

jas77

Hi Yan,

For Hilton, the price is slightly higher than the other hotels u mentioned. But I have been there before and the food is fantastic! For Crown Prince, the food is only so so, but u get a very long walk-in. I don't know about M hotel though.
Hope u get your ideal venue soon!

yan

Hi

Seraphim: $590 seems like a very gd package. What does it consist of? eg How many nites stay? Free food tasting?

Jas77:Know that you are a ex HIPV bride and had very good comments about the Hotel. Howz the food? Who is your co-ordinator?

agnes

Hi absolut_curant (absolut_curant):

I have 36 (2 reserve) tables for my wedding and I think its a little cramp. Limited moving space.

Yan:
I am a HIPV bride, Nov 02, and I will highly recommend this place. My guest are still taking about the good food &amp; service. They are also praising about the large servings.

seraphim1970

Hi Yan, I got my package at a bridal show held at HIPV and it consisted of the usual arrangements:

8 course dinner (weekday package)

1 night stay (since the next day was a monday, they gave me a really late check-out).

Free flow of beer &amp; soft-drinks.

Free guests book, which I didn't use cos I made small little hearts for the guests to sign on, all I requested was a glass bowl to be placed at the reception table for the hearts to be placed in after signing.

Champagne pouring

Ice carving

Banquet Room decor

Cake cutting (dummy cake)

1 x album table / 1 x easal stand

The guest giveaways: Chocolate or Chopsticks

I had only 20 tables so no free food tasting, I had to pay 50% for it. We didn't do it cos we already had heard of good previews about the food.

The food's absolutely yummy, just like Yan's guests, mine are still singing praises
talker.gif
of the good food and great service, also the large servings of the food (my family members are a fussy lot, but if they say the food was good, for sure the food's good!
lol.gif
) Even the leftovers we had in the bridal suite tasting real good and we gobbled up the food.
biggrin.gif

In fact, from the day I met up with Eugenia Gn, the HIPV Wedding Consultant, she helped me along and made things really easy for me which was a good thing since I was coordinating both the church and dinner ceremony alone since my husband was in the US during those months of preparation. Trust me, Eugenia's got a great &amp; cheery personality.

I have pictures of the Crystal ballroom, I can email you if you would like to see them.

seraphim1970

Oops ... typo error, actually 'The food's absolutely yummy, just like Yan's guests ....' should be 'just like Agnes's guests ....' SORRY!!!
embarrassed.gif

absolut_curant

Hi Agnes, i hope to limit the tables to 35. I think about 35 guests will not turn up?! If all turn up, i will have 38-39 tables, which i think can take pictures outside the ballroom liao haha

So any of you took the HIPV chopsticks as wedding favours? I don't quite like the design, was thinking of getting my own.