Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

smallady

Hi Twinklets,

nevermind let's Dui together..hehehehehe, U are rite.. sigh.. But u are rite abt it.. shud look forward not backward. Thanks for the advice
happy.gif

smallady

twinklets

Hi Smallady,

hehe.. yup yup let's dui together.. but dun dui too long.. wait we wont be pretty brides next year..
biggrin.gif

Just remember u are not alone.
happy.gif

Jia You!!
12284.gif

twink|ets ~

E

el

Hi smallady,

Your in-laws can't beat my ah mah leh. She asked me to take bus since i will be leaving from my home very early in the morning. Can you imagine that? Me in wedding gown and taking bus???

smallady

Hi EL,

Wahpiang aei... how come like that one? I think I agree with you, yrs worst than mine hahahahahahahahha... sorry dun mean to laugh but really extreme lor. EL yr big day in 28 dec 2003 rite? I wanted to block that date, but was late my in-laws wanted that date coz they claim that 28/12/03 was an auspicious day.

Smallady

smallady

Hi Twinklets,

When is your big day? next year too?? Don't worry, I got enuff fats to dui.. need to lose some weights or else I won't be "chio" I only jog once a month.. which i know it doesn't help much kekekekekekee.You choose yr bridal gown yet? I m still hunting.

smallady

twinklets

Hi Smallady,

My big day next year 15/11/03. Urs at Oct? when?
Yes chosen my bridal boutique liao & hmm.. also another dui issue lar.. sobs.. so .. i tell myself better dun dwell abt it ..
crazy.gif
or else i'll sure gone crazy 1..
biggrin.gif

Hey i also trying to lose weight!! I dun wanna appear like a dumpling in the photos!
biggrin.gif

Wat..? u only jog ONCE a month!??! hehe.. hey.. u gotta jog at least 3 times a week, then u can see the result.
crazy.gif
Torment rite??!! hehe.. But for the sake of beauty.. sighs, gotta do lor..
lame.gif

12289.gif
Jia You !!

twink|ets ~

E

el

Hi twinklets,

You jog 3 times a week??? Me went for gym once a week for the past 3 months. Now slack liao... haven't gone last week. How to be mei mei when my turn comes?

smallady

Hi Twinklets,

oh yrs Nov mine is on Dec 03, I got to do more search on the bridal boutique b4 I dui myself even more. heheheehhe

Jog once a month already very chiam liao... cannot stand 3times a week. after jogging I always find myself here ache there ache...very tomenting indeed.. but ai xiu.. (Bor Bian) but let's jia you!!!!!!

I think I will try jogging twice a month first and see how ... kekekekeke..Jin Chiam ar!

smallady

E

el

Hi smallady,

Never mind, I also find it funny. I told her that yah lor, can take bus hor, then no need to spend money to rent bridal car. My mum say me crazy! So what's your date now? Pai seh! Izzit because of me that you can't book that date?

smallady

EL,

I think I worst than u, I only do exercise once a month.. and eat like a PIG! My partner and myself eat alot, now become pui pui couple...

smallady

twinklets

Hi EL,

haha.. no lar.. no lar.. i din jog 3 times a week..
lame.gif
i used to jog 2 times for afew wks, but i slacked down man.. cannot.. not determined enuff + kinda difficult for me to knock off on time & be at the stadium by 6.30pm .. Nowadays, I try to do the power stretch at home & some crunches exercise to slim dwn my waist & flabby tummy.
crazy.gif
HOPE IT WILL WORK lar... lol...

Sighs.. in order to be mei mei on our big date, we gotta perservere on
12300.gif
happy.gif

Hi Smallady,
haha .. keke.. geessh..
12301.gif

How abt taking some aerobics class? Try to exercise once a week 1st? Then slowly increase the # of time/week?
happy.gif

U must remember.. u are not alone too..
crazy.gif
hehe

twink|ets ~

smallady

Hi EL,

mine will be Dec 03, i blocked 26, nevermind it is okay with me... it is in-laws who insist 28, if not find another hotel, I dunwan to change coz I have seen more than 8 hotels liao.. bor lak already. So I told them no, holiday Inn quite special, after seeing Carol's wedding dinner pics at HIPV my heart felt in love with HIPV.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi All
i am planning to sign up with HIPV too... and I have just received the confirmation yesterday but i hv not signed it yet, does that mean that we cannot actually ask for the Singtel promotion?

smallady

Hi twinklets,

sob sob... thanks for the encouragement,indeed I m not alone!!! Yes! and to be mei mei and xiu xiu... during that big day, I got to persevere on. (My heart will go on)

This sat I will go jogging and prove myself wrong and dun slack.

smallady

smallady

Hi Sept 03 Bride,

you are at the same fate as me and SY, even though I have not signed with them also cannot entitled to singnet promo. Trust me, I try to fight for it.. but I lost the battle. Though I m sad, but I guess I m not the only one who didn't have the singnet promo too.

smallady

jas77

Hi SP,

I got nothing towards Eugenia, and I don't mean any offence to her, I was just feeling very injustified for smallady. I didn't said that it was Eugenia who gave the lame excuse. I don't know her personally, since she's not my coordinator. But I can see from the postings here that she's very popular and helpful.

Hi smallady,
the different between the singnet promo and your package is that there's one more dish for your package. Why don't u try to ask if they can decrease the price if u cut one dish, that is provided u dun mind having 8 dish lah. just a suggestion.....

S

sept 03 bride

Hi smalllady,
the promo package is realli beri attractive leh.. I'm gonna fight hard for it.... tink it will be like if i dun get it.. i might not book with them... die die approach

smallady

Hi jaz77,

Aei..... good idea hor? But if worsts come to worsts, maybe I will just stick to my original package. Thanks for the suggestion
happy.gif

smallady

smallady

Hi Sept03bride

Wah very persistent ... kekekekekeke which package are u looking at? the weekend? or weekday? Mine is weekend $688, u leh?

smallady

S

sy

Hi smallady, and Sept03bride,
We are together. Mine's $688 too. I think they are worried that they might open the floodgate if they allow us to change...esp with this forum discussion. I mean, if they agree to one, they will have to agree to all.

But then, their mgt style is strange too. When i visit/call up other hotels (e.g. marina mandarin, orchard hotel, crown prince, grand copthorne) they will tell me their ongoing promotion upfront without me even having to ask.

Anyway, thks to Jas77 for feeling injustice on our behalf = )

sancai

Hi gals,

So many postings out of sudden!! Why not smallady, sy, twinklets & sept 03 bride "gang" up together & negotiate with HIPV again ... maybe can fight and take back justice.

What's is this singnet promo going on? You mean they cannot offer to you gals even you hv not sign on the dotted line of confirmation letter?
Correct me if I'm wrong cos I kinda confused but kapo & want to know what happen???

S

sept 03 bride

Hi small lady and SY,
mine is a weekday package and it is $638nett
no doubt it is just a difference of like $20 per table but its like a few hundred dollars off the bill..
hmm... should we "pa kak" together and ask for it? Hmm....wonder what will my co-ordinator say
happy.gif

agnes

Hey ladies...

Dont worry about Euginea boss. He is a nice man. I believe that if they can give something they will. Maybe its beyond their means.

One thing I must point out is that the bridal suite is pretty warm. So when I have a few people in the suite, my make-up tends to melt.

agnes

Oh... another thing is.. if u think your friend or relative is going to drink & drive, tell them better dun, cos I find HIPV's carpark very dangerous, as it is narrow and curvy

twinklets

Morning gals
happy.gif

Hi Sancai,
No lar.. i'm not gog to negotiate wif Eugenia 'cos i noe nutting will come out from it. Furthermore, I've already signed on the dotted line. Confirmed & Chop chop.
crazy.gif

What's over is already over for me, no point to dwell further.
lame.gif

Having the promotion price is defintely a bonus to me, but me & FH feel our price is still affordable & reasonable to us.
All I hope is my wedding nite to be a wonderful & beautiful nite. The pricing wise.. - i close 1 eye.
lame.gif

twink|ets ~

S

sp

Hi Jas77

Thanks for being understanding towards my point of view, din mean to upset uo lor. SORI !

To the rest of the brides
I guess they will do something for you, just be patient, speak to your wedding consultant nicely and try to understand their situation too as they understand ours, me one of the culprit who always giving my wedding consultant headache.
I understand this promo is for singnet subcribers only, so it's not open to all couples who make the enquiry, only those who mention that they are the subscribers will enjoy this exclusive promo package.
Hope I din offend anyone again this time.

SP

smallady

Hi sy,

Maybe diff hotel diff management sigh... Traders hotel, also sent me an email updating me abt the promotion they have too recently. I email back thanking them. But I guess we are not the only ones who dun benefit fm this singnet promo too. So I sort out my thoughts liao, it is okay.

smallady

smallady

Hi Sancai,

now singnet is offering S$618 for mon-friday and sun, and S$688 for sat. oh becoz some of us not able to change to singnet promo even though we have not signed up the confirmation. After much thinking I think I will stick to the orginal package and choose HIPV.

smallady

Sept03bride,

My partner assure me it is okay to pay the original pricing coz it is once in a lifetime. So I guai guai listen to him.

smallady

smallady

Hi EL,

Wow u too? hehehehee ya lor the last hotel I went to is M hotel, beautiful but wedding consultant not as nice as Eugenia. so When I can't get the date, I change to another date not another hotel hehehehehe, so I wed two days. Chu Jia on the auspicious day, and dinner on the next day. At least not so hectic
happy.gif

smallady

S

sept 03 bride

hahahaa... small lady.. me too.. will be signing up with HIPV.. aiyah coz I like Eugenia so ok lor ... chin chai lor..
so when is your dinner? mine is on 17th Sept 03

twinklets

hi Smallady & Sept03bride,

Think we are on the same boat.. think partly why we like HIPV is partly becos of the lovely ambience & partly of Eugenia too.(for me lor..) My FH also likes her alot, he said this is the 1st time he met a salesperson so sincere & helpful. She had helped us alot before we can confirm the date that we wanted. When we noe we can get that good date, we really jumping wif joy.
happy.gif
Really very grateful to her, & tat's why we bought her a small cute lil' bear as a form of appreciation.
I think if the consultant is not as good as hers, I think i long time go to look for other hotels liao.
lame.gif

twink|ets ~

smallady

Hi Twinklets,

Duo lor... can't find someone so nice like Eugenia liao. Anei.. good and Anei patient. Hmm.. christmas comg liao, maybe get gift for her.
happy.gif

smallady

S

sept 03 bride

Eugenia has areadi emailed the confirmation agreement to me.. so after I confirmed that all is ok, then can signed areadi.
So maybe within these few days lor.
I went up to the bridal suite on Sat.. seems not too bad ... so din regret choosing HIPV
Initially I wanted to take M hotel coz I tot the ballrm+reception area look quite cool. But then their max capacity is only 32 tables so i decided to opt for another place instead.

chibi

Hi all,
Wow so many postings.. abit lost touch..
biggrin.gif

Hi Sept03Bride,
I'm also a Sept03 bride
happy.gif
and my first choice was 17 Sep03 too! Are you the first couple to book the date cos when I wanted this date my coordinator said 2 couples already "choped" this date? Anyway mine is confirmed on 19 Sep03 leow.. 2 days after yours!
happy.gif

Hi Carol,
Can I see your actual day photos? Thanks!

E

el

Hi ladies,

I have a concern regarding the lighting in the ballroom and hope someone can enlighten me.

I went to a dinner at HIPV last week and realised that when the couple marched in, the lights in the ballroom were not dimmed. Thus, the march-in was not that romantic cos of the very bright lights. And after checking with Eugenia, found out that there's no spotlights in the ballroom. Also the sound system on the day of my friend's wedding is a bit soft and muffled. we couldn't hear what the emcee was talking about. it seems like only he and the couple on stage can hear him.

I'm very concerned about these aspects. Can someone share with me what can I do to rectify all these problems? Was told that we could dim the lights but if we do so, won't it be too dark to see the couple marching in?

orchid

Hi EL,

My walk-in was dimmed and we had no problems with the music & sound system. I had a friend to be music co-ordinator to check the sound system & music. he also cued the dimming of lights and when the music faded in & out.

Hi jas,

I had a day room from check-in until 8 pm. it's free of charge, but availability is dependent on room occupancy. they will give it to you if there are rooms available. the HIPV banquet sales coord booked the room for me few days before. the room really helps. my parents & helpers were there to shower, change, rest, makeup... etc.

carol

Hi EL,
Both my first and 2nd walk in was dimmed, the guests could still see us well...

There are no problems with the music or sound syatem, Kelvin was there to make sure everything was carried out smoothly.
happy.gif

pooh

Hi EL,
i have a day use room for the sword bearer from 4:30pm till 11pm. It free of charge. I ask for it cos the guys need to keep the sword and uniform after the march.

My wedding is next yr so dunno abt hte sound system.

jas

Hi Orchid,

do we need a friend to be a music coordinator? I thought the hotel staff will take care of everything? That's why I did not plan for such a role in my helpers' list. By the way when was your wedding? The room is big enough for all your helpers as well as parents?

Did anybody has their walk-in not from the main entrance but from the side? HIPV has 2 side doors, I'm thinking of entering from there. My hubby from one door and me from the other. Is it appropriate? Any advice or comments?

E

el

hi ladies,

thanks for sharing your experiences. feel a bit relieved. cos i was wondering if there's no spotlights, the place will be quite dark. don't know whether we can be seen.

S

sp

Dear ladies

I'm back, had the best time of my life at the HIPV. Thumbs up for everything, from food to service to setup to music and co-ordination.
We were so excited and nervous and blur blur. Luckily got Eugenia and Kelvin to calm us down.
The dinner went on perfect except for some guests arriving late, sigh........
I felt like a queen on that day, alleyes were on me and I felt so beautiful lor, hehehehe.
I must say Eugenia really gives personalised service and I'm really very comfortable with her.
She made me feel that I'm not alone and all the other brides go thru the same anxiety too, come to think of it, kind of silly to think that I'll trip over my gown for my march in!?
We gave her a small token of appreciation after the dinner, nothing much , just for good luck lor. One more thing, many of my guests complimented on the food ( delicious and generous portion ) and service. My parents & in-laws are so happy that they ask their relatives' children to have the wedding here too !!!!
Glad that it's finally over and it still remains sweet in my heart. I must say a big thank you to HIPV especially to Eugenia & Kelvin & his efficient staff who made it memorable for us.

SP