Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

carol

Hi Jimmymay:
Btw, when's your wedding?
Woh, you've done everything, that's wonderful!
Maybe you could give me some advice on certain things like Photography, choosing of wedding shoe.
Well, I've booked my bridal package and my photoshoot will be in nov, do you think it's early since my wedding will be in July?

Thanks & Regards:
Carol

J

jimmymay

My wedding is on 22 feb 02. Just 5 more months to go….. (seems so long).. no problem. I will give you as much advice as I could know of…

Wedding in July?? Dun think so… what I think is that as long as you are happy, that’s the most important since wedding is the most important event to us, rite? Who knows, maybe you might change your mind and decided to hold the wedding earlier…

Better to do things slowly and earlier than rush in the last minute…

S

sp

Hi Carol

Glad to hear you're confirming your weding there too! Mine is in Nov 02.
Eugenia has shown me a catalogue of wedding cards that I can choose from. They're wonderful! I kinda like the simple cream colour card, you can design your own card. She has also shown me her sample wedding card (btw, she is also a hipv bride), it's simply gorgeous! You should have a look at her design. It's simple and elegant. Anyway, I don't have to decide any thing now, just 4 months before my wedding date, then I'll chose the design from the catalogue.
BTW, whose your consultant? Jasmine or Eugenia?
I think HIPV has very patient and personalised consultants.

SP

carol

Hi Jimmymay:
I've choosen July to wed because that's a special month for us cos' both our birthday falls in July and We ROM in July too! July has always been our lucky month.
Since it's the 6th month in the Lunar Calender and the parents have ask fortune tellers to check on this day, and they say it's an auspicious day for marriage, I guess everything should be ok.
I think you're right, so long the both of us are happy, that's the most important thing.

Hi Sp:
So glad that they have a varieties of design to shoose from.
I like simple design in cream colour, I guess we will have no worry on that.
My consultant is Engenia. I do agree with you that she is patient and personlised.
Hope to see you at the wedding show this Sun.
Regards:
Carol

S

sp

Hi Carol

I have already confirm my details with Eugenia and will place a deposit this Sunday. I don't like to discuss my wedding details with so many couples around. Anyway, I don't like to rush through once a life time thing as the consultants will be so busy entertaining enquiries etc etc...
Well, once this is settled, I can put my mind at ease and start shopping for my bridal gown. Any comments on Jazreel Low's Collection?

SP

carol

Hi SP:
I guess you are right, I've discuss most of the wedding details with them, therefore it's more or less paying for the deposit. Hi, is your wedding on weekend or weekdays. Mine is a weekend.

Btw, I've already booked my bridal package, waiting for my photoshoot in Nov.
Feel excited about it!!
happy.gif

Regards:
carol

L

levi

Hi sugarchoc and dove,

Sugarchoc.. my package is also $599. i am offered the same stuff as the current promotion. I just thought that it is a gd deal so why not. the ballroom is also lovely but got 3 pillars lah. i guess, can't have everything right!! anyway, we r intending to keep to the min. no. of tables so jasmine said that no problem. none of the tables will be blocked. keeping my fingers cross!!
You said that u just went to select your flat? is yours the preminum ones 600+ series since your date of completion is in dec 03?

Dove, o happy for u that u got the falt u wnated. poor levi here still waiting to select her flat. really praying and hoping that there is something for me that i like. 160+ series? where are they? standard or premium?

S

sp

Hi Carol

Mine is on a Saturday.
I have not booked any bridal package yet, waiting for this Jazreel show before I decide any thing. Most probably, I'll shop around and see which shop gives me that personalised service like HIPV.
Btw, which bridal boutique did you go to, if you don't mind sharing? & how much was your package?
Jazreel's package is at $1998 or $1888 ( some where around that price, I think ?)
I will check what they have to offer at that good price this Sunday.

Congrats and to all HIPV brides!
Hurray!

best wishes
SP

dove

hi Levi,
I chose the premium type
happy.gif
punggol central, near to LRT only ;(

hi all,
I was wondering if we can get some freebies like extra nite and free food tasting if we book with HIPV. Although we are getting the promotion price and thus dont have much bargaining power but what abt the few of us pull together??

carol

Hi Dove:
Yes! I do agree with what you said.
happy.gif

Please unite together ok.
There's quite a few of us, Mnnnnnnn.... let me do a head count.
SP, Levi, Dove, Sugarchoc, jimmymay and myself.
Woh, six of us.
I wonder what do the others think, what kind of freebies do you all think we can try to ask for?

We may have to be quick, 2 days more only.

Well, why not ask for an extra nite, treat it as a short honeymoon loh.

Carol

dove

carol,

Levi & jimmymay & sugarchoc have aredi booked their banquet with HIPV. Im very interested but will not place my booking on tat day cos' I dun have a date yet but will take advantage of the promotion and book w/in the promotion period. So Carol & SP (did I miss anybody out??), mayb we can "joint hands"....heehee..

ask for free food tasting too (package is only 50% off food tasting)

S

sp

Hi Dove & Carol

My package already comes with free food tasting & most likely I'll hit 35 tables to get an additional nite stay. I doubt I can ask for anything more than that. Anyway, I find that this package is very good already, I don't want to squeeze any more things from them, (don't want to look to al-cheapo, lah).

regards
SP

dove

hi SP,

how many tables did u book to get free food tasting or you have bargained hard to get tat?
HIPV really fortunate to get customers that are so considerate to them
happy.gif

S

sp

Hi Dove

My package is the promo package 2, comes with complimentary food tasting with a minimum booking of 30 tables.

Were you at the bridal show yesterday? Good huh?
I noticed many couples signed up for the package also. Eugenia's folder was piled up with files and files of confirmed couples.

Gota go, my phone is ringing.

regards
SP

dove

hi SP,

I went for the show. I quite like the ballroom except that 3 nasty pillars
sad.gif
I think some of the tables will be blocked. hmm....

The 3 ladies co-ordinators, Jasmine, Cecilia & Eugenia were so bz that I give up waiting for a chance to talk to them.

How you seen their bridal suite? Is it nice?

S

sp

Hi Dove

I must agree that nothing is perfect, the 3 pillars, but I can live with that fact. The most important thing is the grand feeling in the main ballroom, the chandelier, high ceiling.

Dove, you better contact Eugenia and check if the date you want is available. The response for this bridal show is very good, many Fri, Sat & Sun are taken up already. Better hurry before the dates run out and you're left weekday dates.

Oh yes, I went to see the bridal suite already, it's nice and spacious. I may even consider to hold my tea ceremony in the suite. Well, the suite is up to my expectation. Maybe I am more 'chin chye' type, so everything OK lah.

Hi Carol
Did you sign up for the package?

regards
SP

S

sp

Hi Dove

Why not bring your MIL to view the place when there is a wedding dinner ? At least she gets to see the setup. My consultant is more than pleased to show the room to my in-laws even before we booked the place. Just check with your consultant when there will be a wedding ( now is the Chinese 8th month) and just bring your MIL down to take a look. Just pop by before 7pm to view the setup ( before the wedding dinner starts). I have seen the new setup already, & my in-laws trust my taste ( of course, right, I'm marrying their son, you know .... hehehehe), so elegant and I just can't wait for my turn to have my wedding at the ballroom. Still so many more months to go..... sigh!!!!

hurry, Dove, hurry.

best wishes
SP

carol

Hi Sp:
I've sign up for the package during the bridal show. We've seen the bridal suite, not bad too.
My in laws would like to view the setting of the ballroom, therefore I'll arrange with Eugenia about this.

Hmnnnn.... I also looking forward to my big day too. Really excited about that.
Do you like the ice-craving & teddy bears displayed, which one would you be choosing?
The pink or yellow one?

Regards:
Carol

S

sp

Hi Carol

So excited, Huh?
I can't make up my mind which colour ice carving to take, they have pink, yellow and blue. Eugenia says that blue is not a very popular colour and most couples prefer yellow or pink, that's why these 2 colours are on display. Which one are you choosing? Anyway, I don't have to decide now. Much much later , maybe a month before my wedding date.

regards
SP

carol

Hi Sp:
My hubby say that the pink one looks very romantic while the yellow one matches the backdrop of the stage.
Hmnnn.... hard to decide too, well you are right that can come later.
Regarding about the invitation card, we've seen a few that's quite nice.
Btw, when will you be taking your photo shoot?
Any ideas on where to take photo shoot?

regards:
carol

S

sp

Hi Carol

I have not even gone to shop for any bridal boutiques yet. Thought of going to Jazreel but maybe I still lok around. Eugenia says go to the bridal shop I am comfortable with and start planning for my gowns about 6 months before my wedding. I guess my photo shoot will be some where in May 02.
Headache, you know, just decided on the venue, now got to decide which bridal boutique to go.... decisions, decisions, decisions.......
Which boutique did you go to?

regards
SP

carol

Hi Sp:
I've signed up with Easac Bridal Studio @ IMM.
So far, still ok loh....
Hmnnnn.... going for my photoshoot in Nov.
Well, take your time to decide on your gown and phtotgarphy,since you still have some time to your big day.
SP, you are right, wedding is full of making decisions and considerations.

Luckily I ve a understanding hubby to support and help me and together we will make our wedding day a memorable one.

Happy Planning!
happy.gif

carol

S

sp

Dear Carol

Hi, I am the more 'gan cheong'type, my hubby is more 'boh charp' type. Well, luckily, I have a very patient & understanding consulant, Eugenia to guide me through on what I'm suppose to do. She not only cover the dinner details, she also share with me her experience, how to save cost for the wedding, getting the best deals and how to please & get along with in-laws. I really feel very comfortable talking to her. She is more like a friend to me now, you know. I just wonder how she has the energy to speak to so many couples so patiently.
Well, I guess I have more time than you to plan for my wedding and hopefully, my hubby is more participative when the time comes.

regards
SP

carol

Hi SP,
Well we are really lucky to have Eugenia as our wedding consultant, she is indeed very patient and she share her own views and ideas with us too.
Yes! she's a friend indeed.
Well, I think most groom-to-be are usually more passive, but when the time come closer, they will gladly join in & feel the joy with you.

Regards:
carol

S

sp

Hi Carol

Yes , I agree with you that my hubby right now is very relax and maybe will just warm up 3-4 months before the wedding.

As for Eugenia, she's getting married too, about 2 weeks' time and I thought of taking a peek at her wedding. She has splurge on her wedding setup and of course, it is once a life time thing, so she wants it to be really really nice and memorable. Wonder what she is going to do? As for the new wedding decorations, I am quite impressed and it is really different from other hotels. With this promotional package we signed up, and we get what we want, with decorations, seat covers etc, these are really above our expectations. It is extremely value for money.
Of course, I hope I can break even for my wedding and if there is any additional red packets, I can use it during my honeymoon... hehehehehe....

Hi Dove

How's you side getting along? Any progress?
Hope to hear from you soon.

regards
SP

hippo

Hi Carol & SP

I went to their wedding show too! Dun quite like their ballroom becos of the 3 pillars though their packages are pretty good. Spoke to Eugenia but find her very FAKE. Still prefer Celes whom i spoke to months back, at least she is genuine and sincere. I feel more comfortable talking to her.

SP, did u managed to peek at Eugenia's wedding? My friend's sister who worked as a part-time waiter told us that her wedding has a different decor and concept cos she is the wife of the manager..no wonder huh?

Regards

star

hi hippo, i have confirmed my weddng during the wedding show however i felt the same about Eugenia too! my hubby was feeling quite uncomfortable with her initially but due to their attractive packages, we signed up ultimately. So is she really someone related to the hotel? If so, then we know why she has to project a "fake" imagine to all those couples ;p
As you know, some consultants can be very nice infront of you and who knows, they might be cursing and swearing behind you
sad.gif

Anyway, hope you will find a suitable venue soon!

carol

Hi Star:
I'm that you've confirmed your booking with HIPV.
by the way, when's your big day?
Which package did you signed up for.
Mine is in July 02, weekend package.

Hi Hippo:
I guess some wedding consultant put on an "fake" face due to their work.Regardless whether Eugenia is related to the hotel, But so far we are very comfortable with her. She is able to give us what we want.
My in-laws & my parents have seen the ballroom, they are quite happy with it.
happy.gif

Regards:
carol

star

Hi Carol

My wedding is in Nov 02, weekend package too! After much discussion with my partner, we would like to opt out the ice-carving and exchange for other things and also thought of changing the type of flower for the stands. Do you think it's possible?
Glad that you are happy with your consultant. I was recommanded by a few of my friends to HIPV and they have very good comments for Celes and the food that's why i ended up looking at their packages many months ago. Hopefully my wedding will turn out as good as theirs
happy.gif

carol

Hi Star:
Hmnnnn.... You still have a year more to your wedding so you'll have more time for planning.
I've thought of changing the flowers which are on the stage too.Too many white flowers.
Why not we ask celes or Eugenia about it, I think they could come up with some new ideas.

If, you're to do away with the ice craving, what will your stage decor be?
Maybe we can come up with some ideas to doll up the place. I also thought of add in some decorations for the reception tables.

Regards:
Carol
happy.gif

star

Hi Carol

I might go without the ice-carving cos i think its not necessary to have one. Maybe i will go for candle stands. As for the flower, need to think about it first. So have u thought of any idea for your reception table? Maybe u can decorate with colourful pebbles around the table edge or instead of putting a table skirting, u can print ur wedding photo on a cloth and act as the skirting. Just some idea for you.
So sad that Celes has left HIPV.
sad.gif
I used to call her every week to ask about the packages and she has been very patient towards me and also guide me on the wedding details even before i confirm anything with the hotel. It's just like talking to a friend than a sales person. Nevertheless, I will still look forward to the planning of my wedding
happy.gif

Cheers!!

carol

Hi Star:
your ideas are great!
Well, I might want to go around the table with tulle too.
As for the table top. I might want to add in some chinese decorations.
Like chinese designed table cloth, you know, since I'll be wearing a "kwa" during the cocktail, it will blend well with it. A touch of tradition loh...
Since celes have left, who will be attending to you right now?
I'm with Eugenia, she patient too.
She did share some experience with me regarding wedding planing.

Regards:
carol

smiley

Hi Carol: Just wondering, what kind of add-ins will you have for your reception table? I am in the midst of preparing for my wedding, I need some new and bright ideas, it seems like I've run out of ideas already.

Eugenia will be taking over most of Celes since she left HIPV.

carol

Hi smiley:
Is me again, oh.. I mean I've just posted a reply on the topic on "Easac Bridal Studio".
Are you the gal who post the message there?
I'm the one whom started on the topic!

Where will you be having yr banquet?
I guess that greatly determine the kind of decor you're going to have..
As for me, my colour theme will be white and gold.
As for my reception table, I'll be using gold table cloth with chinese design, on top of that, I'll be using organza ribbon and tulle to decorate the compliment the table skirt.

Hehe...
I'm just so excited about it....

Regards:
carol

smiley

Hi Carol,

Gosh~! I didn't know you are the same Carol on the topic at Easac...me too.
happy.gif
Nice meeting you here again.

What a coincidence!! I am also a HIPV bride. I didn't know of this website until recently, and I signed up with HIPV because both myself and FH love the crystal chandelier. I haven't really go think of how to decor the recep table, as I thought the hotel will be taking care of it. Ermmm...I think I should start to get some excitment in planning like you did....

So when is your wedding? Mine coming very soon in Nov'01....

carol

Hi smiley:
Seems like both of us have the same taste leh...
Glad to know there's another HIPV bride.

The crystal chandelier is indeed a plus point for the ballroom.
Hehehe.....
How's yr preparation going on for yr wedding?
Hopes everything's fine.
well, I guess after my photoshoot, I'll be more busy.

Do you have any idea yet, why not check out with Eugenia, I heard she has something different for her banquet.

I'm very happy with my package, and really hopes everything will go on smoothly.

Regards:
Carol

S

sp

Hi Carol, Smiley , Hippo & Star

Glad that all of you are happy so far.
I have went down to take a look at Eugenia's wedding setup. It was simply very beautiful and romantic. Well I know from the start that her husband is also working in the hotel and I suppose they do get a different menu and setup. Her theme was white and lilac, and actually, her florist did the floral arrangements with candles for the tables and fresh flower stands with drapes on the stage. I thought of doing something like hers for my wedding too. But it will cost a little bit. Eugenia will be showing some her photos to me when it's ready. She's really very nice. FAKE? I don't think so. She just smiles a lot and a very happy bride. She's so easy to talk to. Ask her anything about wedding and she'll try her best to give you the info to her best knowledge. It's only natural that you get a 'better' deal from the place you work in and just imagine if you are in her shoes, would you expect a 'better' deal? Eugenia has spent quite a bit of effort and money on the extras just to have her dream setup for the banquet and of course a different one from the rest.
Try speaking to her and get some ideas from her.
As for making your own dream setup, you have to put in the effort or DIY most of the things. The hotel can only provide that much like the ice carving, different colour flowers etc....
Other arrangements cost money..... So why not DIY like Eugenia.
Yep, I have to agree, some consultants are nice on the front but may curse and swear behind you. But HIPV's consultants are so patient and sincere, especially Eugenia. Try to speak to her and know her better, she's always friendly and patient, maybe overly patient and friendly until you can't imagine that there's still such a human being on earth. Imagine, trying to cope with us and yet on the other hand, working on her own dream wedding? Must be tough, huh?
Well just sharing my thoughts with you beautiful brides out there.

have a happy day
SP

carol

Hi Sp:
I totally agree with what you've said.
Eugenia is really a knd soul, that's the reason we insist on having her as our wedding consultant.
One more thing, even she & her hubby are related to the hotel, she has done well on her part as a wedding consultant.

I've just spoken to her this morning, & she told me that she has a good time during her wedding & her honeymoon.

She has also given me some advice on taking photoshoot like what to do beforehand & what are the things to bring on that day.
Thanks to her. These advice are valuable.

I'm also planning for my own personlise wedding, therfore putting in a lot of effort in decorating my reception area ,stage decor, bridal bouquet etc.... therefore a lot of DIY.
I just hope everthing goes on smoothly.

Good Luck to the other brides too!
happy.gif

Regards:
carol

S

sp

Dear Carol

Hi, what colour theme are you having ? RED ? traditonal, hor?
I saw Eugenia's 'Ang Pow' box & guest sign in book at the reception table, they are so matching to the colour theme. She did the box and book herself ! Amazing, got to get her to teach me how to do it. The box has 2 cute teddy bears on it, hiding the red packet slot behind.
I'm still wondering what colour theme, maybe white? Very romantic and pure. White is the easiest colour to match, anything goes. I hope my dream setup will not take too much time, I know I have to DIY a lot of things (save cost)or I can pay and get professional help, huh? Sigh......!

Have you started on anything yet? Like getting the materials, ideas etc for the wedding dinner ?

regards
SP

carol

Hi SP:
Hmnnnn.... looks like you are equally excited as me.
My colour theme will be gold & white.
But my colour theme for the reception area will be gold & white. That was to compliment the "kwa" that I'll be wearing.
Mine will be a 'East meet West' Wedding.
I'll be making my own "Ang Pow" Box too.
Still looking for ideas & designs to match my theme.
In the mean while, we are writing my own wedding invitation.
Yeh... want to exchange some ideas?

Btw, SP, when's yr wedding?

Regards:
carol

S

sp

Dear Carol

What a great theme : East meet West
Gold & White ? Will the gold be too loud?
Maybe a matt gold will be better.
As for the new deco provided by the hotel, it will be white & pastel brown. Maybe you can ask the hotel to set all in white for you while you add the "gold touches". This should blend in quite well. A little bit of gold here & there, should be nice.

BTW, my wedding is still a long time more, .....NOV 02....... more than a year to go.

Anyway, have plenty of time to plan, plan, plan, plan..... right?

SP

carol

Hi SP:
I'll be using the matt gold, not the shiny gold that you see during chinese new year, that's a bit "Cheena".

Well, still you have a year more to your wedding, you will have lots of time to come up with a good one.
As for me, still ok loh...
Having photoshoot next month, & will be quite busy too.
I'll have to start drafting out my plans in DEC.

Hey, SP, I remember that you would like to check out Jazeel Low's collection. How is it?
I hope you will find your dream gown soon.

Regards:
Carol

S

sp

Dear Carol

Wow, so exciting, having photoshoot, next month !
Any outdoor venues?
Well, I have not check out Jazreel Low's, but maybe I'll start looking around next year after Chinese New Year.
Eugenia asks me to take my time to look for a bridal package that suits me best, & most importantly, the person from the bridal boutique is some one I'm comfortable to work with.

not only to look for a dream gown but also to create my own dream wedding.

regards
SP

carol

Hi SP:
You're right, I'm really excited about my photoshoot next month.
Hmnnn... We have shorlisted a few venue, marina south, fullerton hotel, east coast beach.
Well, we like greenery and sea view.
Going for my trial make-up & selection of gown this weekend.

SP, you are right, take your time to look & choose around.
There are quite a lot of comprehensive packages around.
So, you're going for a MTM gowm right?

Good Luck in your planning & searching.

Regards:
carol

S

sp

Dear Carol

Aiyah, I've not decided what to do leh !
MTM or OTR gowns, if the OTR gowns are beautiful, I may consider, but still I'm hoping for a MTM one. Been looking through magazines to get ideas, but it's so confusing, all looked so nice, Can't decide what I want.
Have you let Eugenia know that you are putting in extras doing up the place ? I think she'll has to make some arrangements on her side to let you do up the place. Let her know what you have in mind first.

regards
SP

S

sp

Hi Hippo, Smiley & Star

How's your preparations coming along ?

SP

carol

Hi SP:
Choosing for dream gown is a hard decision.
I've looked through the bridal magazine & decided on the design but maybe I'll change again when I see another design I like...
You know lah, all brides want to look their best on their wedding day.

Yes, I've spoken to Eugenia before, regarding my ideas & she'll help me with the arrangement.
She told me to go back after CYN for choosing of the invitation cards.
That's a good chance for me to go through the place again to confirm on the decorations.

Regards:

carol

Hi Tracy:
Glad to know another HIPV brides.
Who's your wedding consultant?
When's yr wedding? I hope you don't mind for my "kaypo".
I've signed up for the weekend package with Eugenia.

Regards:
carol

S

sp

Hi Tracy

Welcome to the club, another HIPV bride.
Just saw the above message from Carol.
We have signed up the package with Eugenia & so far so good.
Hope to hear your experience if you don't mind sharing.

regards
SP