Holiday in Gold Coast & Sydney

kankan

hihi all!

Soory ! Computer broke down
happy.gif

Jelly, I have sent U the pics already! Sch, which email did u send to? Can u send to [email protected]? thanks
happy.gif

Brittany, here are my ans..
1) I stayed at Royal Pacific Resort @ Biggera Waters. It is a lovely resort, 10-15 mins away from Surfers Paradise if U take bus. I like the place cuz it is kinda quiet and we get a lovely sea view. Give me yr email, i can show U my pictures and resorts
happy.gif
Since U have a BB, better to stay within Surfers Paradise.

2)I dint book any coach transfer. Upon arrival at Brisbane Airport, I went to the train station to book tickets to GC and they oso offer direct pickup from GC train station to your hotel. So not to worry, U can always enquire over at Brisbane airport :D The staff are friendly over the train counter.

3)I think it is cheaper to book over there and U have the flexibility of what U want to do
happy.gif
. I actualli booked the DW ticks, aquabus tour and hinterland tour from the information counter opposite HMV. No worries U will be able to spot it.
happy.gif

4) From my place to DW is actualli v near, i took ard 15 mins by bus. Around 2 ++ AUD per pax.. From SP, will be around 30mins ..

5)No i didnt visit the 2 places. Instead I went for a cruise to Stradebroke Island resort and sanctury cove which was preety good for us.

6)For brisbane tour, they will leave some time for shopping. I cant rem, it seems like light snacks are included..

7)The weather is lovely! Me n FH love it! V cooling, seems like walking in air con area. At night, will be kinda cold. But with appropriate wear, seems ok hee,,,

8) Oh yes, give me yr email add
happy.gif

Hope this helps
happy.gif

brittany

Hi, Mingles
Thanks for the feedback on courtyard. I have just make my accommodation booking with Jetabout today and hv chosen courtyard.

BTW, may I asked if you have booked your airport transfer fm S'pore. I was advised to do it over at Brisbane airport when we arrived. Reasons is those coaches that I booked fm S'pore usually won't depart till the bus is full so it will take me longer to reach my GC accommodation. What is your advice?? I will be travelling with a 22mth baby. Do you think it's easy to hop on to the coach there?? did you try the air-train fm brisbane to gold coast??

Hi, Jelly
I will be departing on 16 Sept nite and will be in GC for 8 nites. Har, wonder if it's too long har to stay there for 9 days??!! But we are not too adventurous to travel to another city w a baby along. Too much planning!! This is our 1st trip down under so not familiar with the places.
What about you?? Is it your honeymoon?? Is this yr 1st time to Aussie??
Hv you book your flights and accommodations??
When are u departing??

brittany

Hi, Del
Thanks for the reply. It's v helpful esp I'm now comtemplating whether to book the coach transfer fm S'pore. Is that the AIR TRAIN that you take to yr GC accommodation?? I hv browse their web. We r considering that too but wonder if it's troublesome since we hv quite a bit of luggages (2 big luggages, 1 handcarry, 1 stroller PHEW!!!).
How's your shopping in GC/Brisbane??
We plan to go DW, MW, bryon lighthouse, aquabus and maybe sunshine coast and a trip to south bank. ha, I like traveling to colder countries. Before our little one comes we usually travel in october ie autum in some countries.
happy.gif

I hope the weather is not too cold for my dear princess.
My eamil address is [email protected]. Hope to see your nice pics soon
happy.gif

Hi, Mingles/Jelly
Forgot to ask if both of u hv booked yr airport transfers here to yr GC accommodation??

jellytots77

yo del... received ur pix but hvn view cos need to register 1st... nw busy with my wedding preparation... will see and tell u then...

u mention u book the trf there... care to share how much you paid per pax for the trf...

yo brittany... hahaha... i will be departing on the 15 Sep nite... but gog to Syd 1st then to GC lor... will be spending 5 nites at Syd then 5 nites at GC lor... so i reach there will be on the 20/09 or 21/09... cant remember liao... by then... u abt to rtn to SG liao rite...

yap is my 1st time to Aussie... so u book everything liao hur... 8 nites is abit long... but u dun mind can actually relax lor... why u didnt consider gog to Mel instead hur...

yap i gog for HM lor... yap i KS book everything during the last Natas Fair with Jetabt lor... paid everything liao wor... already collect my tix liao leh... so fast rite... i book my trf with Jetabt... they are in coupon style when i reach Brisbane find the counter will do lor... i think u no need to worry abt trf lah... hear is easy one... i book fm SG cos after compare price it seem abit cheaper to book here lor.. so i juz book lah... but i didnt book any trf for my Syd trip lor...

schnauzie

Hi Del, just sent the photo link to you. Brittany - think its ok to take the air train coz they usualli stop for abt 10 - 15 min to wait for passengers and there are allocated place to put ur luggages.

melodie

tks schnauzie, u took so few pics ah? i did quite a bit of shopping, spent all my money b4 i came back, haha...

i hv abt 300 over pics, think i'll jus send u gers the better 100 over...
happy.gif

schnauzie

mel - i took abt 300 photos too but onlli developed 200 in print and put up a few on the e-album...apent a long time uploading! ;p hee i also came back very broke

melodie

schnauzie, icic.. yah, i also spent a long tm uploading... still uploading...

u went wif ur hb only or? i went with my hb and met up wif fren there to travel ard
happy.gif

schnauzie

i flew to brisbane to meet my sis who is studyin there. so i stayed at her house then we drive up to GC in mornin n come back at night ;)

jellytots77

yo mel dear... welcome home... how ur trip... where did u go hur... share the places with me of the must go one leh... also can share is there alot of things to buy meh... how much u spent overall... waiting for ur pix hor...

schnauzie

melodie - yes! she is in UQ! went there too but din take much pic..went there to take the citycat to city. wanted to go to their pond to feed the ducks but it's been raining so din not go. did u feed the ducks at UQ? so where u stayed in brisbane?

melodie

hi jelly, i got so much to tell... haha
i'll send u the pics soon...

schnauzie,
i din feed the ducks, din noe there were ducks... hehe i only stayed in brisbane on the 1st night in my fren's apt & last 2 nights in Aabon Holiday Apt near the airport.

Spent 3 nights in GC and 1 night in SC...
happy.gif

melodie

jelly, i sent my wedding pics to u liao...

schnauzie, i din go to moreton bay, but i went to the jetty, haha pple there showed me some pics tt they took...
happy.gif

we took train to GC and drove to SC
happy.gif

kankan

Hi Brittany and all,

I have sent the invitation to U already! I think should be no problem for U to take the airtrain if yur HB carries the 2 big luggages, U with BB, stroller and hand carry.. Wondering if this is too much for U hee..

My photos show the train station as well. Shopping is great over at GC Harbor town SC! I oso spent quite a lot and broke now. How envious to hear u guys going over! *envy envy*

Are u driving yourself to sunchine coast ? I particularly like the hinterland tour but i think it is not suitable for BB. U can view my pics to have an idea.
happy.gif

Hi sch, I have viewed yr pics! more please! I like the sunset pics v much
happy.gif

Which lady in the pic is U?

Mel, can share yur pics with me as well?!

jellytots77

yo mel.... received ur wedding pix liao.. tks tks... view ur pix now and realise u bery bery skinny leh.... *faint*.... i waiting for ur aussie pix hur... btw which part u went hur... share with me more leh... i hvn done my planning yet...

melodie

hi del, yah, sending to u also... and evryone else.. coming!
happy.gif

jelly, i thot u noe long ago, the 2005 brides all noe, haha... very ugly and scary right?
sad.gif

melodie

here's my rough itinerary:

1st day - brisbane/queen st mall/brunswick
2nd day - gc/pacific fair
3rd day - gc/movieworld/australia fair/surfer's paradise
4th day - gc/dreamworld
5th day - sc/australia zoo/hastings st
6th day - sc/eumundi/sunshine plaza
7th day - GC/harbourtown
8th day - brisbane/singapore

there u go, phew...
happy.gif

chuckybabe

hi jelly,

it's me chuckybabe!! soon, we r gg to Gold Coast hor!! i checked wif my hubby oredi... we will not be changing da dept dates lar... as he can make it... so we will stick to da same dept dates lor which is gg on da 9 sept and coming bk on da 14 sept....

Del, Schnauzie and Melodie,

care to share yr pics wif me??

[email protected]

schnauzie

Hi chucky..just sent to you.
del..i'm the one in the first pic..most pic are me lah...din put so much of my sis inside hee

jellytots77

yo mel... ya lor... so long liao leh... i think i only meet up with u all 1 time nia leh... where got ugly...

thanks for sharing ur pix... still hvn see yet :p

yo chucky... hahaha... when u come back... i will be leaving the nxt day

chuckybabe

hi Del and schnauzie,

i hv seen yr photosss... so lovely!! can't wait to go to gold coast!!! 10q so much for sharing da photos wif me...

jellytots,

ohhh.. u leaving on da 15th ah??? nvr mind, lor wen we come bk, we share photos with each other....

cheerzz...

brittany

Hi, Del
Thanks for the pics. They are all very beautifully taken and can see that you have a lovely wonderful time there. Is that your honeymoon?? BTW, you are v pretty & sweet
happy.gif

Oh, I can't wait to be there in Sept
happy.gif

I'm surprised that the weather doesn't look that cold fm yr pic. U went in June right and it's their winter right??
I hope my hubby can handle the luggagings while I hand carry my gal. We probably will hop on to the coach there, more convenience as it will bring us to our GC accommodation doorstep.

Hi, Schnauzie
Thanks for yr info on airtrain. BTW, did u go sunshine coast??

jessxian

hi gals, im going to aussie in sept too need some advice...i booked my air tickets online from singapore airlines and it has been confirmed. do i have to make the vise separately on our own??and anyone went for glow worm tour when in gold coast?can share with me the location cos we tot of driving there...thanks

starstar328

Hi Jess,
yes, you have to apply visa. Per visa is AUD20 if you apply online. Fyi, I also booked my air ticket online too and I had applied my Australia visa through my regular agent. They charge me S$5 per passport. Very easy I email them my particular and they email me the Australia visa and I send them the cheque by post.

melodie

schnauzie, i thot still hv to pay AUD$20? more bohua... go travel agency better right?

btw, u gt my pics right? no sound fr the rest, dunno whether the pics get to u all a not... haha

starstar328

Hi schnauzie
i think you have mistaken.
I am only paying SGD5 per Australia visa thru the travel agent. If you apply online you have to pay AUD20 per Australia visa. That's a big different. Unless you have extra cash to spare.

Hi Jess
I applied thru my company travel department.
If you can't find any travel agency that charge you SGD5 per australia visa, let me know. I will ask my company travel department to apply for you. Sorry. I cant disclose which travel agency is that. Later my boss scold me for being "kaypoh". Whether you apply online or thru travel agency, it is still the same type of visa.

Hi Melodie
yah lor you are right pay AUD20 vs SGD5 is "Bohua" don't let the angmoh earn our hard earn money. Anyway, travel agency dont have to pay a single cents to apply the australia visa. SGD5 is just a service fees.

jellytots77

yo jess... so when are u gog... me also gog in Sep wor... so which part of Aussie u went...

yo star... isit so cheap... when i book tat time they charge me dun S$10 or S$20 leh... sob sob

jessxian

hi jelly me going on 23 sept going to goldcoast....

hi star, i went to misa travel and asked they also charge $5 so i can jus go there do it thanks a lot anyway...

hi del & all

i'm going to gold coast end of sept, can check what is DW that is mentioned above?

del, is hinterlands tour gd? as i'm going end of sept, is their school holidays, is it safer to book from SG than to book from there.

and comparing airtain and coach from Brisbane to Surfer Paradise, which is faster and better?
happy.gif

sorrie for the many qns!

endaz

Hi,
I plan to go to Australia for tour with my family, self drive. Plan to go to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne
Have some questions to ask...

1) If i drive frm Brisbane to Sydney, will I reach Port Stephens first or it will be after sydney then port stephens.

2) Where can i stop for one nite stay if i plan to drive frm Brisbane to Sydney?

3) Would like to go to Blue Mountain too but not sure if its on the way frm Sydney toward Melbourne

4) Where can i stop for a nite stay if i drive fmr Sydney to Melbourne?

5) Lastly would like to go Philips island in Melbourne.

Please advise.Thanks

trinket

Hi Jess Tan (jessxian)

I will be going AUS in mid Nov, and i booked throu MISA travel, but they quoted me $10 for the VISA. can i know the name of ur agent who quoted u $5? Althou the amount is not significant, but it is quite unfair.. thanks!

endaz

Hi,
I am oso quoted $10 by my co. corp agency.. tink really difficult ot find $5 one.

If possible, Jess.. can u post the agency for us...tks

bubble_low

Hi,

Anyone got recommendation for cheap car rental in brisbane ? Planning to self-drive to brisbane, gold coast and sunshine coast. Any good accomodation recommendations ? Thks.

sellonline1978

Hi there, I've got the Sydney Lonely planet (bought in Jan 06 for my travel to Sydney) if anyone is interested. Willing to let that along with some discount vouchers go. Email me at [email protected] for more details. By the way, if you want to rent car in Sydney, go for Bayswater (also called no birds.. i dont know why) - cheapest in town. For accomodation, a few hotels in chinatown is quite cheap - like Capitol Square or Aarons hotel. For something fancy, I did like the Mariott at Circular Quay, u can get views of the harbour.
happy.gif