Hokkaido

s__h

hi naughty gal,

welcome.
I do recommand self drive in hokkaido..more freedom and own timing rather than tour people esp if own inconsidered type !

but of course, trade off will be abit more expensive

soryee77

Hi S & H,

language will be a barrier wif we self-drive n besides we dunno how to read or speak japanese...

i was tinking of joining the guided tour for the 1st time n will go over F&E the next time round... hehe

s__h

self drive via tour agency is not a issue as car has gps and so long u can read chinese character, is not really a problem

s__h

Hi gal,

not to mentioned the agency has a plan a suggested route for your to drive with support...so do check out 1st then decide if driving in hokkaido is suitable for you and hubby or not

soryee77

Hi S&H,

tks alot for the comments... I will check them out n decide....
happy.gif

s__h

chan brother suck ?!

from your own experience or hear say?

sometimes, local agents here cannot control their overseas partner service...

lhy

Hi All,

Will like to check if it is better to go F&E or with tour group if this is my first trip to Hokkaidi? Is Hokkaido worth making it a sole place to visit in Japan? And how many days should i allocate?

And, it's better to fly in from Osaka?

Sorry for asking so many questions. Going for HM with hb...so terribly excited!
happy.gif

s__h

for HM, i strongly recommend " F & E self drive" in hokkaido...via a tour agency

is very diff and more own timing kind of stuff...

Car got GPS with codes or tel to key in to go to destination...not address.

Agency will have a suggested route maps with codes for you..

I done it twice already
happy.gif

lhy

Hi,

But is it advisable to do that in winter? Coz my intended travel dates are from 28 Nov to 10 Dec.

Thanks
happy.gif

s__h

Hi ihy686,

oh ya...u r going in winter so unless u can understand japanese and have experience in winter driving, then not recommended to self drive in dec unless you want to go in Sep when is cool but no snow.

This is the pict of the novotel sapporo room which i stayed
495110.jpg

lhy

Wah!! that's so nice!!

Btw, need to check, if I'm travelling from 28 Nov to 10 Dec, will Hokkaido be snowing by then? Coz my main aim is to go snow-boarding or skiing leh..

From what i read so far, it seems like snowing will start only in Jan.

s__h

with the hotel membership, you only pay S$134 per night ! Bear in mind that some hotels in japan cost min $200 onwards, depend on season of course but not with this hotel memebership

i am not too sure when will it snow ...but the agency will be able to advise you as they must been there thousand of times
happy.gif

starris

Hi Everyone, I'm going Hokkadio in Jul. Can anyone tell me what's the weather like now in Hokkaido? Cos I was told this year is pretty hot unlike the previous years.

angeldust

hi S&H,

I saw the prime travel agent's website u posted. May I ask if their F&E packages are only for 8D7N? Hubby and I planning for a 10D trip. But plan to extend to visit Otaru & Hakodate. Will they be flexible to help plan?

Thanks.

pnk_nge

I will be going for honeymoon in dec. have yet to plan where to go. is it advisable to go japan during this period?
if yes, any advise on which area to visit?

s__h

hi angel dust,

u r welcome...
the 1st trip i made was not with the agency package...

they merely book the car and 1 japanese hot spring hotel for me...rest of the hotel i book myself

so based on that, i am sure they are flexible to help you
happy.gif

dotdotz

Hi all....
Can i trouble someone to get me the famous Shiroi Koibito biscuit if you gals are going any time this month? I am willing to pay abit more for the trouble....thanks lots!

Really wanna get a few boxes.... have been missing them lots.

snow_baby

I just came back fr hokkaido - 5 - 11 july 07
Trip was great.
weather about 25deg C.. most of us were in short sleeve tshirt and jeans..only needed a windbreaker/ jacket/ cardigan later in the nite. some of the days I was in dresses too.

Overall food was so-so (with chan Bro) tour and the bus/ flight journey can kill! bus journey from one place to another is avg 1-2 hrs ride or more. For flight , got to change flight at anothe rairport before reaching hokkaido...

But then, the KOBE Beef compensated for all !

cczyan

Hi all,
I have just planned for my Hokkaido/Tokyo trip, spend $2600 for tickets, accommodation, disney entrance tickets and car rental. 11D with 5D4N in Hokkaido drive around and 6N in Tokyo

naughtyangel

hi all, I will be in hokkaido for abt 10days during CNY to see the snow festival. Also shooting my wedding photo with a bridal studio there. Will be there on a F&E trip. I have already book the air tickets but still checking out the hotel rates & availability during that time.

Below is my itinerary:
Day 1: Sg to Osaka
Day 2: Osaka - Chitose - Sapporo (fitting at bridal studio)
Day 3 & 4: F&E
Day 5: Photo shooting at Sapporo City
Day 6 & 7: F&E
Day 8: Select photos at bridal studio + F&E
Day 9 & 10: F&E
Day 11: Morning flight fm Chitosa - Osaka - Singapore

For those F&E days, i hope to visit Otaru Canal, Chocolate Factory, Beer Factory, Glass Factory, Sapporo City & of coz the Snow Festival.

Any1 here can advice me on where can i get the rail pass for 10 days trip??? I have check with CTC as i m getting my air tickets & accomadation fm them but they told me they only sell the rail pass for 3days & 5days.

hayoki

hi, me planing to go Hokkaido in dec. is it the good time to go? heard from friends that it is very cold in dec. anyone can advise?

pannie

Hi there.

I am thinking of going to Hokkaido for honeymoon. Wanted to get some advice from you gals.

When is the winter period of Hokkaido? Is it fun? Easy to do F&E package? And which agency is good with their Hokkaido tour and yet reasonable pricing.

Sorry to ask so much cause I really dunno what to expect from Hokkaido.

choc_amer

I am planning to go Hokkaido during next year feb CNY. Anyone can advise east side or central of hokkaido is better? Is it a boring place? The itenary i have from Dynasty is going to lake toya, noboribetsu, sapporo, otaru, asahikawa, sounkyo and chitose..

choc_amer

I didnt book after visiting the natas for 3 days. Because after looking at the itenary, I think maybe it's not suitable for us. It will brings you to chocolate factory, beer brewery, museum etc., which i don't like..so still considering, don't want to regret. I am looking for places with scenery, adventures, shopping and entertainment..but no idea where to find
happy.gif

puppylove888

choc,
anyway in hokkaido is not boring, pb is whether wat U like ?winter sport?onsen?adventure?
do more research and just book airticket and JR pass and chiong can liao lah
me heading up 10 feb 2007
happy.gif

virgoinvenus

Hello ..wow juz discover this during my search in yahoo..Hee...

I'm planning for a family trip 4pax (inclusive of a 1.5yr toddler), gg to Hokkaido in EArly Jul..Planning for F&E (selfdrive, as with toddler v tough to hv a package tour).
Can anyone pls share with me the tips n where to go..
I would love to see Lavender n flower blossom (tat y i chosen this mth).. hee ..N of coz some shopping la.

can u pls email me some info/experiences to [email protected]
deeply appreciate..

tamarind, i saw ya blogs..wow u travel alot n w 2 lil ones..can u share some experiences w me.. thanks..
happy.gif

cutie_gal

Hi All

I'm new here. Is my first trip to Japan and also first time going during winter season, hence alot of silly questions. Hope u ppl dun mind, hee... Wanna find out hw long is the total journey (including tansit) to Hokkaido? and is it a norm that on the last nite bef depeature back we will stay in Toyko 1 nite? Heard that nite time nt much activties, hence hv to sleep early, sounds boring... Is there any places i can go in the nite? Is it cheap to buy winter jackets over there? thought of bringing one, if nd then go there buy? What speciality products to buy over there?
Sorry for the many questions.
Thxs!

dreamer17

Hi Ongfamy

i think its better to get urself prepare with sufficient winter clothings 1st before u depart Spore...coz winter in Hokkaido is real cols...minus degree..as this is ur 1st time in winter county...if u join tour, i doubt u have time to buy winter clothings when u reach Narita or Chitose...although it might be cheaper then Spore....u will be transfered to ur coach at narita for the transfer to Haneda airport and when u reach Sapporo u will begin ur tour (if u take nite flight out from spore)...

flight to Narita is abt 7hrs...and transit to Haneda airport abt 1.30hrs..and another 1.30 hrs to chitose....

some agency does not spend last nite in tokyo..u will take a morning/afternoon flight out from sapporo and back to narita to transit ur flight back to spore...by the way...if agency provide accomodation at the last nite at tokyo, its are narita airport area hotels...and not hotels in tokyo city..dun get mislead abt this...

anyway for winter season...it gets dark abt 4-5pm...therefore pple do not go out and shop often as its very cold outside (for hokkaido)...as for tokyo..its different not so cold and more nite life as more foreign staying there..different from Hokkaido...for nite activities in Hokkaido..pple go to Osen (hot spring) therefore all hotel u stay have natural hot spring to soak urself in it...tats their culture for nite activities...

check out more in www.tripadvisor.com forum

rara

the things you can do/see in june and december are totally different, so 'better' is really subjective.

lizawa

Hi,

Just back from Hokkaido. The winter clothings and wool sweaters are much cheaper and nicer than what you find in Singapore. But if you are on tour package, don't really have time to shop and buy. Our shopping is only on the last 2nd day of the tour.

If you need heat packs during winter, buy in the convenient stores / supermarkets or drug stores there. It's only about 200 yen (S$2.60) for a pack of 10. In Singapore, it costs S$12 - $16 for a pack of 10.
sad.gif

Have fun !

celinetan

Dear brides to be,

I have a 2 person Chan Brothers holiday package East Hokkiado Romance for 2008 6th Feb to 12th Feb travelling by ANA morning flight.

It has been paid with deposit of 1.6k Each pax is paying $2425, inclusive of airport taxes, package & flight. No other costs to be added. Anyone interested in this package, please do drop me a msg here and I will get bk to u on the details. As my bf & I had some communication breakdown, I cannot bear to see the deposit forfeited for nothing.

So, anyone considering your honey moon in Hokkaido 2008, it will be snowing. Pls do consider.

Thank you

Regards,
Celine Tan

blur_queenie

Hi lyndy,

Leather boots are fine as long it's ankle cut so that the snow wun seep in and it's waterproof or else will leave watermark on ur boots. If not you can buy a pair there (if budget allows) as every ger on the street wore high cut boots.

jeslin70

Any one book from this package:
http://www.fch.com.sg/ with the 8 days Hokkaido Wonderland? This package inculde 1 day at Osaka, 5 days at Hokkaido and last day at Tokyo Disneyland.

Any ideas which agency can I book from? The 4 big agencies - SA, Chan and CTC don't have this package? Pls advice.

zenith

anyone going in june? i was thinking of signing up wif SA. there's a promo now. pre-natas fair promo. any comments frm those who just travelled wif them recently?

jj_autumn

Hi Jeslin,

I was trying to book the 8 days Hokkaido Wonderland package as well, but I think this package only starts in May according to one agency. I think you can check out with UOB planners or Dynasty Travel. It seems that the period of June/July are much more favourable - probably because of the lavender/sunflower season.