Hokkaido Trip-Natas Fair

yuki31

waiwai, me going with SA too but mine on 21st Jan. Is ur tour confirm yet? I am worry not enough ppl ...hope can confirm by next month ...

yuki31

Jasmine, me too heard that it is going to be very cold ...a bit afraid ...have you brought ur winter clothing yet?

jasmine23

hi yuki, mine not cnf yet....a bit worried but heard over the news the other day, a lotz of pple r signning up for japan trip... hopefully mine will b filled up....

s for the winter clothings, but gg to winning, cold wear... c c look look.... any suggestions???not yet buy.... just started to look aound for knitted wear... bought one knitted top @ espirt....

haha, planning to buy long john, long sleeve top, knitted wear, den outer jacket....den gloves, scarfs, hat, n ear muff.....

i planning to buy lots of chemcial warmer... just incase....

what do u suggest to cover the legs??? i was dinking of onli have long john n jeans but issit enulf???

would boots b better than track shoes???

hanabiwaiwai

yuki... my group is confirmed
happy.gif

jasmine... wear boots... i learnt my lesson when i went to korea in winter... i wore track shoes, and though i wore a lot of clothes, i still felt cold as my feet were cold! important to have wool socks too...and i suggest buying PVC or leather gloves... coz wool one will get wet if u touch snow and then go to a warmer place... think okie to wear long john and jeans... get a small thermal flask and fill in hot water before u leave the hotel room... drinking hot water really helps!

yuki31

jasmine, mine oso not confirm yet
sad.gif
hopefully will confirm soon .....u goin on morning or night flight?
i will be getting boots and maybe bring a pair of sport shoes, got to buy a lot winter clothing i think
sad.gif
will there be any sales in Nov/Dec?

wai wai, tat good ur group confirm ...they will call to inform you or we got to check? how many ppl are there in ur group? where u getting the boots? i am looking ard for it too ...keke :p

jasmine23

mine not cnf yet.... sob sob.... mine is a night flight... i a bit ks n wanna look pretty though knowing i gg wrap myself like a fat dumpling... haha... now already sourcing around for winter clothes...winning is having sale... winter wear n coldwear is having on off sales... so gotto go pop by take a look....

s for boots, m looking around... don't wanna get those fancy boots... i was thinking of timberland s is quite durable n is leather... still sourcing around.....

hanabiwaiwai

yuki... when i signed up the staff told me it is confirmed coz we were the last two person to form the group... the staff told us that they will contact us a few weeks before departure to collect the balance amount and have briefing.. not sure abt the group size... for boots i bought long long time ago... they are quite heavy so i didnt wear when i went korea last time... wrong decision... think bata got some not too ex boots...

jasmine... me departing 14 dec..

ublur

hi gals.. i m so piss off. CHan brothers just called me and say that I got not enough pple in my group on 13th.. so have to cancel.. it's okay that they propose an alternative day..but i got to pay up $400 more!!!! some more the sale person who talk to me is so attitude.. like take it or leave it tone.. so piss off..It's not my fault that there are not enought pple in the group, but y do i have to fork out so much?

Now i m thinking to getting all my refund back adn find alternative place or agency.. it's mess up my honeymoon plans lo...

butterkiss

hi blur blur,

I think 2 weeks back, Chan Brothers had a roadshow at Suntec City. I was interested in their year end Hokkaido + Taiwan package. When I asked them what if the trip is cancelled (due to insufficient pax to start the tour), what will happen? The sales person told me, they will propose another date and I will have to top up the difference (if need be). Alternatively, I can choose to get back the full deposit.
I also feel it makes no sense for me to top up since it is not my fault that they can't start the trip.

422501.gif

emcee

ublur
wow ... hokkaido reported as the hot shot tour this year end ... and ur grp got not enough pple ... ?????
kao_confused.gif

emcee

so which tour and when are u flying off??? and how much is your new package??

I heard that there are some promo so there is a drop in price if booking is made after Nov.

ublur

emcee, I going with SA tour now..flying off at 10th dec.. total about $5002 including taxes.. ex hor?? the previous one with promotion which i sign up with chan brothers only 4560.. guess i got no choice..
7 days 6 nights.. u know of better offer?

emcee

not that i heard ofany cheaper ...

i think u are paying for NATAS fair price. mine is slightly less thatn urs because i booked it at Suntec before Natas fair. I flying off 12 Dec

pisduck

just came back from the SA hokkaido tour.

The hotels given were so-so only. With keio plaza in sapporo being the more ok one. The rest were quite lousy. Like the quality hotel kind, those you find in Novena, etc.

The food were quite err... boring, mostly japanese. The first few days were all the same. Small steamboat with a few side dish. One of the dinners was quite nice. I thought the tour guide could have at least given us more variety. Our Korean tour food with SA were much better.

The itinery was quite ok. Smooth and everything ran quite well.

Will probably try another travel agency next. Like Hong Thai. One of the well travelled aunties in my group say Hong Thai was much better...

hanabiwaiwai

hi pisduck... i'm going with SA on 14 dec... is there any chance we can go out on our own? thinking after the group end the tour for the day then we go out and explore ourselves...

hi blur blur... is the airport tax rise again? how much is the airport tax now? quite surprised 13th dec the chan bro group not enough pple... that is the initial day we planned to go but SA say that day fully booked liao...

haru

hi hi!
i am planning a trip to hokkaido/tokyo in late feb/early mar'07. i dun intend to follow tour so am thinkin of getting flight & hotel package or just go completely F&E. can anyone share your itenary for hokkaido? its a big place and i am thinkin of e places to visit. but wil def want to go snowboarding..

ingsq

Hi Blur Blur,
my hokkaido+seoul trip with Chan brothers also cancel due to not enough pple to form a group. and my travel period is on 22dec. super peak period for holiday due to christmas. i cnt believe that they cant get enough pple for this period of time where hokkaido is a hot spot for sporean this yr.They provide a alternative date which is 15 dec. But i cant join as my wedding is on 16 dec. was veri disappointed with them as they spoilt my honeymood trip as well.
however, i dun have time to souce for other agency so i just change the trip to 9 Jan 07. the worst thing is the trip is not even confirm as well. if this trip is cancel again, i will source for other agency....

yuki31

Hihi,

anyone signed up for SA Hokkaido trip on 20 Jan?
I was told that the grp only have 4 ppl now ...dunno can or not leh ...very worry ..

bjbabybop

Hi ple, seems that we all have the same prob..but my tour grp only missing 2 paxs..currently 8 pax..10 pax to go. Pray hard that 2 more pax comes along for the ANA tour package on 14th Jan...
BTW, how did you gals decide on SA and CTC?

kaye

bjbabybop,
yrs is the Hokkaido delights,rt?
I booked East Hokkaido...also lack of ppl....
then my tour agent tour told us that if we joined the Hokkaido delights on 14 Jan, it will form a group.
Alternate option is Hokkaido delights ppl join our East Hokkaido ppl to form a grp.

pongpong32

Hi gals,
my trip on the 17/01 also lack of ppl. Now only got 6. Haiz.. keeping my finger cross. Hope it wont be cancel. I am so looking forward to it.

kaye

Ms_pi,
Same here...only 6 pax in our grp.
too bad... U cant join us as yrs is not ANA pkg.

Anyway, we will see if there's any new update from my tour agent nxt wk. We dun wish to give up this pkg cos the dist to travel fr 1 location to another is nearer... So, we can ve more time in the tourist attraction, rather than spending the time on the coach travelling esp during winter when the day is shorter.

yuki31

BJ&babybop, i think 2 more pax shld be quite alright
happy.gif
mine need 15 to go and we are lacking of 11
sad.gif
where you booked ur ANA package frm?
I tot of if SA cancel our trip n the alternative date is not good, we might consider going under ANA package. heard that they are more specialize in this area ...

we wanted to take Chan bro at first but choose SA coz of the itenary ...

yuki31

Hi gals,

anyone will be extending your hokkaido trip? i feel tat 7 days seem short ...tot of extending at toykyo

yuki31

Jaz, i heard CTC have a lot of confirmed trip for Jan ...have you checked with them , how many more to go?

yuki31

Ms_pi , me oso hopping that my trip wun cancel ...else it will ruin our plan and leave ...wish they can let us know earlier if there is any plan for cancellation and alternative solution .,..

Piggy, urs ANA too? ANA can group together?

bjbabybop

Hi Piggy, yah mine is hokkaido delights. We chose it bcos his parents been last yr and were so happy, they couldn't stop talking abt the place and food. East Hokkaido got ski resort, but delights got hot spring. I think that's the main difference.
Hi Yuki, thanks! Hopefully 2 more ple sign up quick, cos still need to time to buy/borrow winter clothing..My MIL says ANA is good bcos they got connections with the hotels, and hence quality is promised. Anyway already tried and tested. So should be good! Will you consider taking the same day and package?
I already asked UOB (my agent)if can extend another night in Toyko. She says: Assume the last nite hotel in Tokyo is at Metropolitan, the room rate will be at S$359.00 per twin room per nite. She has yet to confirm if there are seats on flight back. After confirming the flight then can book the hotel.

yuki31

BJ&babybop , dun worry shld be fine
happy.gif
where will u be getting winter wear n boots? i am still thinking if to get now or to wait ..scare very rush ....yap i heard a lot good comment abt ANA too but din know where to take their pacakge the last time ...so u got frm UOB
happy.gif
hw much does ur package cost? night flight? i dun think i can join 14 Jan coz my AD is on 17Jan
happy.gif

if extenstion, will they provide airport transfer?

bjbabybop

Yuki, not sure where to get wor..will shop ard and borrow from frens. If sign up with UOB card got discount. Not bad. Anyway ANA control the prices, so all agents charge the same price, then UOB will discount $50. I paid $1898 per pax wo taxes, after $100 disc at Natas fair. Actually wanted to get night flight but changed to morning flight, cos more ple with morning flight. I think night flight better, cos last day morning at Tokyo can shop. Morning flight will lose the last half day morning to shop. Therefore we want to extend another day at tokyo. Congrats Yuki on your big day on the 17th Jan! Hope that you will enjoy ur honeymoon in Hokkaido =)

yuki31

BJ&babybop, thanks
happy.gif
when is ur big day?
yap i saw that ANA price seem to be control ...UOB will give discount? tat good
happy.gif
yap if morning flight u earned 1 night stay but on the last year got to go back eariler ...i am on morning flight as well ...but i saw ANA package all night flight ...we can choose morning flight? i hope to extend if possible too but 300+ for 1 night stay seem exp leh ...

bjbabybop

I just ROM. Haben fixed AD yet, prob in 08. Yes now ANA also got morning flight. Yah $300+ seems exp, but Japan 4* and above would be this rate rite?

jasmine23

hi yuki... congrats on ur cuming big day.... i have yet call up CTC to cnf on how many pple they need... hopefully, they will have enulf no... gg call up in the pm... hopefully my honeymoon would b cancelled.... i love my departure date s my AD is 27/01/07... got 2 night stay @ the hotel...

yuki31

BJ&babybop , Congrats on ur ROM too
happy.gif

I am taking morning flight for my package under SA too ....I tot ANA package all night flight ..so now have morning flight is good
happy.gif
Is there a different in price between morning or night flight? Yap Japan 4* is around this rate ...coz hotel stay are exp in Japan
happy.gif

yuki31

JAz, Congrat on ur coming big day too ...keke :p
All the best
happy.gif
Wish ur trip confirmed too ...
You are departing on ur AD date?

jasmine23

hi yuki... thanks.... my departure date if cnf is 29/01/07... so, i would get ample time to rest & pack after the AD... haha...

btw, anyone has any idea when do we mit up our JP to sign the consent form for the solemnization???

jasmine23

hi all.... hahaha... m so... happy... jus called up CTC to chk whether is my trip cnf on 29/01/07... my group got 10 pple liaoz... so, alreafy cnf.... haha

kaye

BJ&babybop,
Congrats on yr ROM.....
My agent jux called...now had 8 pax...
So, ve to get another 2 pax.
Actually East Hokkaido also ve hotspring.
I wish to depart earlier...but no earlier date.

JAz, once U cfm the AD with the JP, then U can call the JP up to check when they are free to sign the consent form.

yuki31

JAz, happy to hear that ur trip is confirmed
happy.gif

icic u leaving on 29th , tat good, can enjoy hotel stay then follow by honeymoon :p

seem like everyone need 10 to go ....how cm SA need 15
sad.gif

merydith

Hello,
I'm gg to hokkaido this 29th dec. Anyone gg too on Chan Bros? Wonder if the itinerary is ok?
Extending my stay for 2 more days in Tokyo. Been there but didn't explore far except Harajuku, Shinjuku, Ikebukoru and Shibuya.
Any other nice places to go ?
Cheers.

jasmine23

thanks a lot piggy & yuki....

yuki... u wanna call them up n as again s koe china, korea n taiwan trip which i joined them earlier.. they onli need 10 pple to form a group to go lay...

yuki31

JAz, really just 10 will do? that time i call they told me 15 ...maybe i chk with them again ...hopefully the trip will go ...

Merydith, how much did u pay for 2 night extension? u be doing free n easy?

bjbabybop

Yuki, there is no price difference between morning and night flight for ANA packages. ANA have an FOC additonal night stay for morning flight.
Jaz, *envy envy*, your trip is confirmed! so you can start packing your winter clothing.
Piggy, think left only 2 to depart should be easy. Await for your good news!
BTW, are your packages providing all meals? how much $$$ are you bringing over?
What are you planning to buy? Fancl? electronics? White chocolates?

jasmine23

hi yuki... the groups which i have joined SA previously... onli needed 10 to form a group lay... i not sure about japan lah... but, i presume is the same ma s they r from same co....

hi bj&babybop, ya most likely would go around looking for winter clothes n boots... my package provided amost all meal except for 1 lunch... i was dinking about a k each... but, my gfs was telling me no need so much s is winter time.... can't buy much sstuffs...